She heard him cry, oh it hurt her heart to hear it she couldn’t face him, she was scared she’d never experienced what she felt through that kiss with anyone before. “I think I’m going insane,” she whispered but then shook her head. “I think am falling in love,” she smiled a little bit but frowned when she heard JC’s muffled sob. She closed her eyes and wish she could have the strength to get out of her bunk right behind the table she was just at. Before she could make the effort to even move the curtain she heard Justin’s voice, “ Jace, what’s wrong man,” “I kissed her,” he became quiet, “and she ran away,” he laughed bitterly at that which made her cringe, she shouldn’t be listening to this.

Pulling her MP3 player out she went to use it but then remembered were her headphones sat, “Shit.” She looked at the ceiling God always had his way even when she ran from it. Taking a gulp she pulled open the curtain and got out of the bunk she had her head down and quickly walked into the room, she was just about to ask JC for her headphones, when she noticed the room was empty. She heard the TV in the back room and Justin on his phone with his mom on the couch that JC was at before he came over to her, but JC was gone. Taking her headphones out of their plug from the laptop she stopped, JC had opened a word pad and wrote her a note. “I’m sorry if I scared you, just know I will be here when you finally fall.”

She looked up from it and saw Justin get off the phone. He waved her over, picking up her headphones in her hand she took a seat next to him. “Who kisses better,” he laughed trying to make a joke to break the ice but when she just stared at him, he shook his head, “sorry, um what happened AJ,” he said placing his hand on one of her own to get some reaction out of her then the stare that was starting to freak him out. Shaking her head she all but whispered, “I don’t know, I umm,” she kept shaking her head. “You’ve never been in love before huh,” he said with a sigh, “Justin, I’m foreign to the whole guy/girl thing besides being friends, and well kissing now; check that off the list,” she grinned a little which he laughed at.

“Do you love him,” he asked plain and simple. “I don’t know what “that” love is,” she told him honestly. “What do you mean,” he asked with a smirk. “There is a love for you parents, one for your friends, and one for the person your suppose to marry, I know they interlock in some way but, ya know what I mean,” she said trying to explain herself the best she could. He just nodded, “J, how did you know you were in love with Cameron,” she asked him playing with an earphone. “Honestly when I thought I lost her is when I figured it out, I was stupid and made a bad choice and we had a break, and that was when I realized it,” he told her thinking back on it.

“I don’t want to have to lose JC to learn that I love him, I think I do already but, I don’t know,” she said closing her eyes. “AJ, I’ll tell you one thing; love isn’t ashamed, it doesn’t take sides, it isn’t prideful, it doesn’t offer security in any means but the heart, and love isn’t something you think you have its something you know you have,” he told her taking her hands. Nodding she didn’t speak so Justin told her, “Go sleep, we have a few hours before we hit Chicago, I think you need to sort stuff out before you understand it, I mean JC has had time to go through it.”

“Go through it,” she said slightly confused, “Gurlie he’s loved you from the first moment he met ya,” he said with a smile. “How,” she asked, “That’s just love for ya, no way to explain it; it just is,” he said and let her go back to her bunk, before she got in she saw JC in his across from her own, well his back side anyways. She didn’t know if he were awake or if he heard it all, but she knew the moment would come when their hearts wouldn’t be on just their sleeves, but on the line, she wanted it all; the friendship and the love she just wasn’t sure if that were possible two have both, and that’s what scared her the most.

JC heard it all, he smiled a little bit at least she though she loved him. “I guess its better then nothing right now,” he said with a yawn, he rolled over in his bunk and saw her pull her curtain shut. “You’re my best friend still, and so much more,” he whispered looking at the bunk she was in. Now it was time to wait till Chicago.





You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story