Waking up with the sound of pouring rain Andrea jumped when lighting brought the room into brightness and at that moment she realized, she didn’t have a clue of where she was. Looking around she noticed her bags were in the room, but so were someone else’s and looking out at what she could see of the skyline from the window sitting in the bed, she realized she wasn’t in Chicago. “Where am I,” she whispered her eyes starting to well up with tears.

Looking around some more she saw light from under the crack of the bathroom door and as she heard the toilet flush and the light go out she leaned against the head board bringing the blanket up to her eyes. The bathroom door opened and out stepped a figure, she squeaked a little which caused the figure to laugh out loud; it was then she realized it was JC. “Storm wake you,” he asked sitting down on the bed next to her, it was then she noticed something was up, “Why aren’t we in Chicago,” she said pulling the blanket down from her face to rest in her lap.

“Bus got stuck in a patch of mud, were gonna have to fly the rest of the way tomorrow morning to make it on time,” he told her pulling the covers up over his pajama clad legs. Finally being close enough she noticed he had a habit of not wearing shirts when he slept, “Damn,” she said under her breath looking at his stomach and chest. “HMm,” he questioned her making her look up at him like the cat that just ate the yellow canary and had yellow feathers sticking out of her mouth.

“So you just brought me up to your room,” she eyed him trying to change the subject before she shot herself in the foot. “Well, no ya see the hotel was almost booked to capacity and this room was the only one left after the guys booked double bed ones to share and management got the other ones. The stage crew is the only bus that's still on the road, they got past here before the storm kicked in,” he explained and looked at her weird, when she started to laugh. “The way you started that, sounded like you were trying to convince me, you weren’t trying to get me to do other things,” she whipped a tear from her eye from laughing so hard.

JC thought a moment thinking back to how he started to explain things to her, he had to smile and laugh a little. He had started it like that, “Annie Lynn, ya know I would never do that unless both of us wanted to doit, or be something more.” This comment made her stop laughing all of a sudden and put her head down, she was ashamed that she ran from him. “Jace,” she whispered, “I’m sorry I ran from you earlier,” she looked down and played with the fabric of the blanket till JC moved her chin to make her look at him.

“Yea know, I understand now why, so its ok,” he told her with a smile kissing her forehead he looked in her eyes and let her chin go, “you need time, that’s all,” he said and looked away from her as he adjusted his pillow. She still felt bad, she had made him cry. Taking a breath she watched him look back over her way and was a little shocked when she pulled him into a hug but he didn’t mind, not one bit. In fact he laid them down with her head placed in the crook of his neck and her arms around his sides, his around hers and let her lay on top of him and he just rubbed her back. Smiling he had a sense that things would be ok.

I just don’t want to lose my friend, she thought to herself as she placed her head against JC and as she heard is heart beat she sighed as she closed her eyes, And I don’t want to lose this, she told herself as she felt JC’s arms around her and one of his hands rubbing her back. “I don’t want to lose you,” he told her watching her eyes shut as she sighed. “Ditto,” she whispered as she fell asleep. “ I love you Annie Lynn, he said loud enough for only him to hear as he shut his eyes and enjoyed the moment finally falling asleep.





You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story