The rain had finally stopped about an hour ago; Andrea had been up that long not being able to go back to sleep and not wanting to move. She watched JC sleep he seemed so peaceful, she wondered if it had anything to do with the fact that he knew she was with him at that moment, at least in his arms. “Beep, beep, beep,” her thoughts were interrupted as she heard the alarm clock start to go off, she didn’t want him to wake up, she didn’t want the world to start moving again. She didn’t want to get back to reality, that was where she was confused.

She closed her eyes, when JC moved his hand and stretched his body the best he could with her on top of him and turned off the alarm. “Annie Lynn,” he whispered she opened her eyes and stared at him. Damn what a way to wake up in the morning, she thought to herself seeing him smile when she looked at him, “Morning,” she said softly as she yawned. “You still seem tired,” he said a little concerned, “was I uncomfortable to sleep on,” he laughed at what he said afterwards, making her smile and shake her head. “No, I’ve just been up for an hour, thinking,” she nodded her head and looked at him moving off him to his side so she could stretch a little.

Rubbing a hand over her eyes she looked up at the ceiling, she really didn’t want reality to set in yet, suppressing a moan she went to get off the bed but JC stopped her. “Stay a second, I want don’t want to face the world for another five minutes,” he laughed when she smiled and said, “More like five years.” Leaning against the headboard and the each other they didn’t think about what had happened between them and they didn’t think about what they had to do next, they just sat in the moment with one another.

Andrea started to laugh after a moment, “I’m having a grease moment,” she said confusing JC. “I got “Grease Lighting” all a sudden stuck in my head,” She explained. JC just shook his head and looked at the time, “I guess we need to face reality now huh,” he said with a sigh and she only nodded. Kissing her cheek he told her, “You shower, I’m gonna go see what time we need to leave from Johnny, with that the moment was over and reality began. As JC got up from the bed and put a shirt and slid some flip flops on his feet and took a keycard and headed for the door, “Reality Bites,” she told herself as she heard the door shut.


“We go together like ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong, Remembered forever as shoo-bop sha whada whadda yippidy boom da boom, Chang chang changity chang shoo bop that's the way it should be, Waooo Yeah!” were the words JC heard come singing out of Andrea’s mouth from inside the bathroom as she showered, once the facuet was turned off and the water stopped he heard her continue, “We're one of a kind like dip da dip da dip do whap de dobby do, Our names are signed like boogy boogy boogy boogy shooby shoo wap shoo wap, Chang chang changity chang shoo bop we'll always be like one, Wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-one,” after a couple moments she opened the door and was humming the song as she took her pajamas and headed towards her bag not realize JC was in the room yet.

JC just smiled and watched her from the bed were he had his cell to his ear, “Yea I hear ya ma, I will be there tomorrow around 3,” he told her and said his good byes and closed his phone. Andrea was obliviously spacing out because she hadn’t even heard him talking to his mom. Laughing he came up with an idea, and he walked right up behind her as she was at her bag looking for something and said, “Why this car, is automatic, its systematic, its hydromantic, Why, its GREASE Lighting,” he said making her jump and turn around to face him as he started to dance and hum the song about the room.

Smiling she watch him till he collapsed on the bed and looked at the ceiling to say, “ I heard ya singing in the shower, it was cute.” Walking over the bed she was pulling her socks on when she was pulled backwards to lay with her head next to his. “I wanna watch the movie now,” she laughed and looked at him. He smiled and told her, “its probably in the movie collect on the bus somewhere, we use to all watch it a lot.” Laughing she moved up on the bed to look down at him with her feet under her butt.

“Thanks Jace,” she told him looking at him straight, “What did I do,” he asked her not moving from his position. “What don’t you do,” she questioned him with a shrug, “I just didn’t realize till coming out here, how big an influence you actually are on my life, I mean your music has always inspired me and so has your personality from what I saw on TV and what not,” she told him. “I guess I’m just grateful that I got one of the best friends I had ever out of it too,” she added. JC closed his eyes a minute and thought, is that all she sees me as. Pulling himself up he looked at her straight in the eye, it was almost unnerving to her.

“Is that all you see me as,” he finally put his heart on the line. She gulped and he heard it this time, “You see, I,” and that was all she got out as he put his hand on her cheek. “Andrea I don’t know what it is about you, your not the type of woman I’m usually with, and yet I think that’s what made the difference, I guess because you’re the first women in a long while I’ve seen who is herself, could care less of what society and others think about her, the only person’s opinion or belief’s that matter to you are your own, and I guess that’s why, I Love you my Annie Lynn,” he finally told her.

Andrea closed her eyes and placed her hand on his on her cheek. “You got one thing wrong about me; the only other opinion or belief I care for is yours,” she told him. “Andrea look at me,” he said softly. She did, and she was lost, she saw the love in is eyes, the emotion that never seemed to cease whenever he looked at her. Again that scared feeling started to sink up into her chest. “I’m gonna kiss you now ok,” he told her and she just nodded not sure of what else to do. As they kissed she realized, she wasn’t falling anymore, she had fallen, hard.

Pulling away from the kiss, she looked at him and started to cry, “I’m sorry to do this again but,” and that was all she said as she grabbed her stuff and hurried out of the hotel room leaving JC shot down once again. He didn’t know what was going on, he finally saw the love in her eyes he’d always hoped for, he collapsed on the bed and sighed in defeat. Andrea hadn’t made it far standing with her luggage outside the door she whispered to her self, “Does he love me, I wanna know, how can I tell if he loves me so; its in his kiss,” her hand placed on her lips she looked up through her tears to see Justin standing there.

“Hey AJ,” he whispered pulling her in for a hug. “Justin what am I gonna do,” she said with a slight sob. “Shhh,” he rubbed her back and pulled her and her stuff to the room that he and Joey were sharing across the hall. She was scared of love, was that normal she asked herself as Justin gave her a glass of water and sat across from her in one of the hotel chairs and waited for her to talk. “I love him,” she nodded, “but I ran again,” she sighed. “Love is scary AJ, but I don’t think that’s what’s making you run,” he said placing his foot on his other knee and leaned back in the chair. “Its not,” she whispered and moved the water around in her cup, “I want my best friend, to love me.”




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story