Sitting on the plane Andrea looked over at JC asleep next to her, he didn’t try to talk to her at all on the ride to the airport, nor did he make any comments before falling asleep. Thinking back to what she told Justin earlier she realized a few things, she was in love with this man, and he was in love with her. Smiling quickly she thought about how they were before, when they first met. “An instant connection,” she whispered looking out the window watching the clouds moving by. Sighing she remember the last thing she said, “I want my best friend, to love me,” she had meant that she didn’t just want JC as just her boyfriend, she wanted him to be the one she could talk to, hang out with, experience the journey of live; and love with.

“ I want a friend and a lover,” she whispered watching him sleep. JC hadn’t been totally asleep since he heard her say instant connection. So when he heard her say what she just did his heart jumped a beat. Moving his head to look away so she wouldn’t notice him open his eyes he stared at the floor of the plane. What could have her so scared to run from me, and make her think we wouldn’t be friends and lovers both?” he wondered. Andrea ran a hand through her hair and leaned her chair back and closed her eyes, “Simplicity is simple beauty,” she thought, “but love sure doesn’t seem to simple.”

She looked back over at JC who was now awake and looking towards the front of the plane, “But love is simply beautiful,” she whispered with a smile. She turned her head to look back at the screen that was playing the in-flight entertainment; pulling the plane's headphones back on her ears she watched the end of the Reba episode and the screen lit up with the next piece; a music video. Andrea was caught off guard by the words, “What just happened? Did you kiss me? Cause that's a place we've never been until now and I don't know how it's gonna be after this, Do we pretend these feelings don't exist at all, Or do we fall? My confusion shows whenever you get so close I stumble, I stutter, forget what to say I'm nervous, I wonder why I'm acting this way.”

She glanced at JC who had put his own pair of earphones on and was listening to the same thing, as the chorus rang through their ears JC looked at her and then heard, “You made a moved don’t change your mind, Too much to lose, you've crossed the line between friends, And something more, Was it all a big mistake? And if it was, it's much too late to undo, And I don't really want to, Let you go but I still don't know, How I feel about you, What this really means It's crazy to want you, Is it meant to be?” It was at that moment JC understood what Andrea’s fear was, she wasn’t afraid of loving him, she was afraid of losing the friendship they had, through being something more, or losing each other all together if things didn’t work out, God forbid he heard his heart tell him.

A second later the captain came over the intercom, “Ladies and Gentlemen I want to thank you for flying with us and as we make our finally destination into Chicago, I hope you enjoyed your flight and would you please put your seats into their up right positions and make sure your tray tables are locked and secured.” Looking over at her putting her headphones away he spoke up, “Annie, we need to talk when we get settled at the hotel,” putting his tray table up he watched her look over at him and nod, it was her turn to put her heart on the line. If she was ready or not, she thought as they stood up and walked out of the plane catching glances of each other as they were rushed away towards the hotel.


Song Lyrics-“ Temporary Insanity” — Alexz Johnson




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story