Things didn’t exactly go as planned, it ended up they’re plane had been delayed an hour coming in, so the guys were rushed off to sound check and Andrea sat in her hotel looking out at the Chicago skies, “Finally some sun,” she smiled when she felt the warmth from the weather outside when she pressed her hand against the glass door to her balcony. Pulling open the door she walked across the balcony and leaned on the ledge and soaked up the warmth from the sun she had missed. Kicking her shoes and socks off she let her feet wiggled against the warm concert.

“From the first moment,” she whispered thinking of how long JC had loved her, she guess it was true when it came to love at first sight. She laughed out loud, “I must be blind to it then,” she told herself watching cars drive around on the street and people walking on the side walks. She waved at them as she had done in her office, this time her life was, well she didn’t know where it was at the moment but the time when she figured it out, was set for as soon as JC got back from sound check, or so that’s what he said.

It had been about two hours and sound check usually lasted an hour so she figured they wouldn’t be back soon. Turning on the TV she was looking through the TV guide channel when she saw a movie she wanted to see was coming on HBO in two minutes, entering the buttons she saw the end of the end of the movie that was just on credit’s still going. As soon as the next song started on the credits she heard a knock at her door, opening it she let JC in, but put her finger to her lips and pointed to the TV letting him know when she tired up the volume she was listening to the song.

JC nodded, not quiet sure why but quietly sat down on the bed and was caught of guard when she sat right next to him. It was then they both heard the chorus of the song, “You're more than a lover, There could never be another, To make me feel the way you do, Oh we just get closer, I fall in love all over, Every time I look at you I don't know where I'd be, Without you here with me, Life with you makes perfect sense, You're my best friend, You're my best friend.” JC took Andrea’s hand and made her look at him; she was sniffling a little from the words.

“Babe, don’t cry,” he told her whipping her tears with his thumb of other hand and keeping he’s hand on her cheek. She now understood that JC never acted any different from the moment they met till now, and he never would. He was her best friend and her lover. She noticed his hand on her cheek and remembered how whenever they ended up like this, he would kiss her.

Not this time, she thought to herself. She looked up at JC and he was already staring at her. “It’s my turn to catch you when you fall,” she told him and leaned in and kissed him finally letting go of her fear. Not noticing the movie had started they continued to kiss, and all a sudden the both started to cry, but they didn’t stop kissing. Running out of breath they pulled apart and leaned their foreheads against one another. Andrea placed her hand on the one he had on her check still. “I'm not running this time,” she told him with a smirk. He smiled and gave her a soft kiss, and replied, “My hearts been waiting to hear that.”

“I wonder why,” she stared to say as they curled up against each other to watch the movie, “Wonder what babe,” he questioned. “I wonder why it took me so long to finally fall, or at least to figure it out,” she smiled. “I’m just glad you let me catch you,” he kissed her, boy would he never get tired of being able to kiss her, he thought to himself. “I love you Jace,” she told him after a moment smiling because she finally told him. “I love you too Annie Lynn,” he smiled and kissed her again. “Nope I will never get tired of that,” they thought at the same time and leaned against one another to watch the movie, just living in that single moment in time.


Song Lyrics- “My Best Friend”- Tim McGraw

Completed
wittylyricst27 is the author of 18 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story