On the bus heading out of North Carolina, Andrea sat at her laptop with her headphones on, but she wasn’t paying attention to the screen in front of her. She was supposed to be typing up the first half of the article to email to her boss by Friday and it was already Wednesday. Looking back at the screen from watching the rain that hadn’t stopped since they got to North Carolina, she watched the blinking curser on the page go in sync with the music she was listening through her headphones. “Love makes you do crazy things,” she heard JC say again in her mind. She knew what he had said but she didn’t understand why he said it. Looking back out at the window she blew a breath on it making it fog up. Drawing a heart on the window she wrote the word Love with a question mark inside of it.

She didn’t know what love was; she had never been in love. Let alone had a relationship that lasted more then 24 hours, heck she had never had one. What she thought she had with JC was the same thing she believed she had with Justin, but something didn’t connect maybe it was because she and JC were closer, “No, that’s not it there's something more,” she whispered to herself. Running a hand through her hair, she just stared out the window; lost in thought. JC watched her from the couch little further up in the bus, he wanted to talk to her, ask her why she seemed down.

She had looked at him a little unsure of everything since he got back from the radio interview with the rest of the guys. “Did she hear what I told Justin last night,” he whispered to himself. Looking back at her he saw her draw on the window, “Love?” he read what the heart had said. He didn’t know what to think anymore, he couldn’t read her eyes like he use to. She wouldn’t even look him in the eye to give him the chance to, but he didn’t want to push but, oh did he want to know how she felt.

Taking her eyes off the window she looked back at her computer and read through what she wrote and began to finish typing up what she had to, so she could send it off. Analyzing her love life wouldn’t get things done any faster. Once she had finished she spelled checked it and read through it pausing her music for the moment. Satisfied with it she attached it to an email and sent it out. Pressing play on her music she closed down all the other windows and looked up from the computer to see JC staring at her, she slowly blinked and looked at him and he didn’t turn away. Things became silent besides the words in the song ringing in her ears.

“I think I’m going to need some therapy, Oh babe I hope you got a PHD,
Won’t you let me on your leather couch, I got a lot of need to talk about I think I’m crazy think I’m stupid, Must have lost my mind, Wonder what I’m thinking loving you
Cos boy if you were mine, I’d really go insane, you’d be my favorite thing
I’d go ballistic yeah you’re making me a crazy chick.” Andrea and JC’s eyes stayed connect throughout the whole song and then she saw him get up and walk towards her.

She started to laugh in her head, it seemed like he was moving at slow motion pace like in all those classic love movies, by the time JC reached her she was grinning like an idiot. He pulled one of her earphones off her ear and said, “Finally you show that beautiful smile of yours, what’s going on Annie you seemed out of it today.” She looked down at the keyboard and felt JC’s concerned stare on her.

The next song began while she avoided looking at him and he took the opportunity hearing it and put the earphone to his ear, “Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight, Lead me out on the moonlit floor, Lift your open hand, Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, Silver moon's sparkling, So kiss me.” she looked up at him when she saw him put the earphone to his ear, JC noticed her movement and looked at her. Placing his hand on her cheek he did just what the song told him, he kissed her.

Pulling away from the kiss the song had ended and no other started up. JC keep his hand on her cheek as they leaned their foreheads against each other, Andrea looked down and wouldn’t meet JC’s eyes. I kissed him, she thought to herself in a high-pitched shock. She was so confused now, this kiss was different from the one that Justin and her shared, there was something but she just couldn’t understand it and it scared her, looking at JC he smiled at her. “You know how long I’ve been waiting to do that,” he laughed but stopped seeing her turning a little pale.

“Andrea,” he said moving his head away from hers, which in the same moment she moved around him the best she could and took off out of the front area of the bus. “Shit,” he said putting his head down on the table letting the earphones fall to the seat next to him. He quietly tried not to cry but it wasn’t working, he sniffed and hoped no one heard him; he didn’t know what to do anymore. He just didn’t know. But he was completely head over heels, in love with her now.

Song lyrics- “Crazy Chick”-Charlotte Church & “Kiss Me”-Sixpence None The Richer






You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story