The next twenty four hours of my life seemed like a blur they did the test take and than took the tape to the producers and movie line to get the ok, I got a phone call early this morning from them saying Congrates I was now an actress, I figured more like a once in a life time opportunity to do something out of the box, but actress no.

 

Sitting in my car I looked ahead of me, I was suppose to be on set in an hour and still had to head over to the trailer to get wardrobe and makeup, "The day's of rolling out of bed and brushing your hair with a smile are over kid," I said with and smiled to myself looking into the mirror on the visor before I pushed it up.

 

I jumped out of my skin when I felt the door open, that's what I get for not locking it I told myself but claimed down a little when I noticed it was Justin.

 

"Don't you know better than leaving your doors unlock when driving around in LA, and do you always talk to yourself," he questioned kneeling down looking at me with a grin.

 

"Har, Har," I laughed sarcastically as I unbuckled my seat belt and sat there for a minute tapping my hands on the steering wheel.

 

"You know this isn't part of the job right, you actually have to walk through there and get made up and everything," he said standing up a bit but leaning his body weight on the top of my car.

 

"I'm just wondering why I opened my mouth yesterday when I have no business in this," I said taking my keys out of the ignition and juggled them back and forth between my hands before Justin took them out of my hands on the fifth toss.

 

"Heidi come on, you got the part what's the worst that can happen," Justin said kneeing down to be eye level with me.

 

"I stink," I said looking at him like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Couldn't happen," he said.

"You think so," I asked and he only smiled.

 

"Justin, Heidi we need you inside now," Mark the director called as he walked by.

"Come on girl, let's get to it," he said placing his hand out for me to grab.

 

Letting him pull me out of the car I stopped him as I grabbed my back from the backseat and than locked the door, which Justin than shut with his hip.

 

Hearing my name in the distance I looked and saw at the gate of the production lot where people with cameras and if I had been any closer I swear all the flashes were blinding.

 

"Something you'll have to get us to," Justin muttered than shrugged his shoulder before pulling me with him into the sound stage entrance.

 

"One question," I asked him before we went our separate ways to prepare for the first scene.

 

He only nodded for me to continue.

"Yesterday before we met each other, how did you know my name already," I asked it had bugged me the rest of the day and I never asked till now.

 

"Well, you see there is this thing you wore yesterday called a name tag," he smiled at me pointing towards his chest and making a square on hit with his fingers, "You know that thing," he said with a laugh.

 

"Oh, right," I blushed remembering wearing that thing yesterday.

 

"I'll see you on set," he laughed as he waved and walked towards his area and left me to do the same.

 

 

--

 

A couple hours later we were at lunch, ok we didn't go anywhere but we had an hour to chill while they set up the last scene we were gonna do in the soundstage, than it was off to another location to do something else, I wasn't sure yet of it though.

 

Biting my sandwich I heard my phone go off and blushed when Justin turned to look at me with an eyebrow raised from where he was talking to his friend Trace because my ring tone was one of his songs, not one of the singles but one of his nonetheless.

 

Flipping open the phone I placed it to my ear.

 

"Hola," I grinned seeing that it was my mother's ID

"Hola Como Esta's," she said with a laugh.

 

"Bein, e' tu," I asked.

"Good," My mother laughed, making me giggle we always did something like that when we called one another she however wasn't as good in Spanish as I was, not that I was fluent but eh, I could ask where the bathroom was if I ever got lost in Mexico.

 

"So what is this I hear about my daughter becoming a movie star, I thought you went to do sound stuff honey," she asked me after our laughter died down.

 

"It was a stroke of dumb luck really Ma," I said placing a chip in my mouth.

"What happened, cause I'm getting stories from everyone," she asked.

 

Swallowing my chip I took a fast drink of my ice tea.

 

"Well I was doing sound for the movie and the girl they picked for the role seemed to have star crush, or something when around her leading man," I said like it was nothing.

 

"So they just gave it to you when she didn't work out," She asked.

 

"No, um you see the director told her to go read through her lines and take a break or something but really I guess he was telling her to get lost because she never came back that day, but I'm getting ahead of myself," I said taking a breath.

 

"So anyways like I was saying she was messing her lines up and I had been reading the script cause I need to know what they were saying to see what needed to be fixed later you know, and well I guess we had gone over her line so much that it drilled into me. When Janet, that's her name by the way, walked away I kinda just said the line and then everyone stared at me and the director got all excited and as they say, the rest was history," I said

 

"Well I guess your right, I still gotta say Congrates honey I never knew you wanted to act, I mean you took drama your last year of high school and some stuff in college," she started.

 

"Credit fillers Ma," I let her know, truth be told I never gave acting a second thought I just thought it was something that was fun and I needed credits to graduate and I had already got my needed credits for my degree so yup, see where it got me now.

 

"Well I hope your having fun, but did you read all the script before you signed on to this movie," she asked being the ever concerned mother that she was.

 

"Well, I started to but not all the way, it's a romance comedy kinda thing," I said waving my hand in the air with it even if she couldn't see it.

 

"Well what is it rated it honey," she questioned.

"Ma, what does it matter its just acting," I stated.

 

"Well I guess, but just so you know I support you with what you do, but I have to say I may not always agree with what you do," she said and I knew she was thinking about if there was a love scene or if I had to do nudity or such, and I really didn't think that was what this movie was about.

 

"Don't worry Mama if there is nudity I'll get a body double," I told her seriously as I tired not to laugh.

 

Heidi Leeann," my mothers voice came out stern.

 

"I'm kidding mom and you know I wouldn't do that anyways," I laughed.

 

"All kidding aside be save and come see your mama soon, I miss you," she said.

 

"I miss you too Ma, love you," I said hearing my name being called.

"Love you too," she said and I heard the noise that singled that my call had ended and shut my phone.

 

"Heidi come over here," I heard Justin yell and he looked like he was frustrated.

 

"What," I said taking my tray of food and bag over to sit next to him and waved at Trace before Justin sighed.

 

"Where you ignoring me or something, you kept looking around at other things when I called your name," he said.

 

"Oh, no I was on the phone with my ma sorry," I said with a smile.

"Haha, we couldn't see that since your phone was on the other side of your face, Justin thought you had gone all diva already," Trace laughed.

 

"Really now," I smiled and looked up and Justin placing the shades I had in my bag on my face.

 

Making Trace laugh harder and Justin grin as he blushed.

 

Pushing his arm I laughed at him.

"I'm just messing with ya," I said pulling the sunglasses on my head since the sun and actually started to go down.

 

"I know, but hey are you ready for our make out scene," asked me.

"Our what," I asked choking on my ice tea and turning pale.

 

"You ok," he asked me patting my back after I was able to breath again and my color started to come back till I remembered what he had said.

 

"Your joking right," I asked him and saw Trace shake his head back and forth.

"You haven't read the whole script yet," he asked me.

 

"I skimmed through it for my audio job, but no I've learned the fist half of it and there isn't anything in there about it," I said looking back at him than Trace who seemed to have a goofy smile on his face.

 

"Well yeah cause its not till the last quarter of the movie," Justin nodded confirming the factor that there was in fact a kissing scene.

 

"K," I said slowly and than took a bite of my sandwich and looked straight ahead of me past Trace's head.

 

"Heidi," Justin questioned me but I kept eating my sandwich.

I heard both of them keep saying my name than pause than say it again.

Going to grab for my chips after I had finished my sandwich, I jumped when Justin grabbed them before I could.

 

"What," I finally asked him.

"Your not ok with the kissing scene," he asked me.

"I just didn't know about it so it took me by surprise that's all," I lied putting my hand out for my chips.

 

"Kay," Justin said and I got the feeling he didn't quite believe me but I didn't have the moment to analyze it when my phone went off and again Justin's face lit up when his song played again.

 

"Hey girl," I answered it when I saw my best friend's ID on the line.

"How's movie going," she asked me.

"Its interesting different than I'd thought it would be," I acknowledge and held up a finger towards the guys to let them know to give me a minute as I placed my chips back on the table and walked over towards the wall of the sound stage building.

 

"Cool, um there is actually something I wanted to talk to you about," she said almost shyly.

 

"What is it Jules," I asked standing up more straight.

"Well David asked me to move in with him and um, I said yes," she told me David being her boyfriend of two years.

 

"Why are you so sad about it Jules that's great," I smiled.

"Yea, but that means I'm selling the apartment," she mentioned softly and it was than I realized why she wasn't so sure it was a good thing, I had moved up to LA and was rooming with her till I could least my own place in the same building, but that was gonna take a year I had figured before I moved up there having lived with my ma when I went through school, a little south of the area I was in now.

 

"Di, you still there," she asked me when I didn't say anything.

"Yeah, um ok I can't really say I have a say in it," I told her honestly.

"Yeah you do Di, you really do I mean I wasn't thinking when I said it and I don't want to put you out on the street," Julie explained but I stopped her.

"But you've wanted to move in with him forever and year ago," I laughed a little remembering when she had said that awhile back ago when the had started getting serious.

 

"I know, but" she started to say.

"Jules, you'll have a month to get out of there after you sign the thing that your lease is over, I'm sure I can figure something out by than," I said seeing the Director wave at me and told me two minutes and watching Justin show me he had grabbed my bag and headed inside with Trace.

 

"You sure," she asked.

"I'm sure honestly, Jules this is the best thing for you guys, I mean you should be practically married now the way you are together," I explained inching my way closer towards the door.

"Alright, than I'm doing it," Julie laughed.

"Right on sister, but I gotta let you go my job calls," I laughed.

"Ok, I need to go start the process, and thanks again Di," she said.

"No problem your happy I'm happy its fine," I said and let her go.

 

 

"Only thing is now I have a month to find a home," I mentioned to myself as I ran a hand through my hair and walked inside.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: actorj