Finishing later that night I was walking towards my car when I heard my stomach grumble I hadn't ate since lunch and it was well past eleven now, I shouldn't be eating this late but when I got home I needed food.

 

"Heidi wait up," I heard Mike yell as he rushed towards me.

"Hey Mike what's up," I asked.

"I just wanted to say thank you so much for doing this role, your chemistry with Justin has been so good I swear you had known each other for years and that was what I was looking for and couldn't get in Janet," he explained.

 

"Well thanks for taking a chance with me," I smiled.

Nodding he took something out of his back pocket and handed it to me.

 

"What's this," I asked.

"Well it's the first part of your paycheck and your ticket to our next shoot," Mark explained as I looked at the ticket information not paying attention to the envelope with my paycheck.

"Wait this says I leave at 5 in the morning," I said looking up at him.

"Yea, we don't start shooting till Wednesday but we need you down there for fittings and rehearsal and stuff," Mark explained with a rub on his neck.

"Ok, um how long are we gonna be out there," I asked him.

"A little over a month, why," he questioned me.

 

"Well my friend is selling her place in which she is letting me stay and I kinda needed to find a place to stay," I said looking at the ticket than placing it and the other envelope in the bag.

 

"Heidi while your filming your room is paid for so you won't need to worry about it," he said.

"What about when I get back," I asked pulling my keys out of the front pocket of the bag.

"I'll get you a ticket to fly back a month before we rap for the weekend to look, but that's the best I can do," he said.

 

Smiling I gave him a hug, "Thanks Mark you're the coolest," I said and started to walk way.

"Heidi were meeting at Justin's in two hours so we all are in the same place when its time to fly out," he stated to me which made me stop.

"But I don't know where that is," I started to say back but saw he had already rushed back inside.

 

"Shit," I said turning back around than jumped when Justin stood right in front of me with a grin on his face.

 

"Jesus Timberlake," I said placing a hand up to my chest.

 

"Ok so I'm not God to you but I guess I'm close," he joked and I shook my head.

"Lame," I told him and started to walk towards my car.

"Don't you need to know something," he asked with that same stupid grin.

 

"What," I questioned before it donned on me what he was referring to.

"Right, how do I get to your house," I said walking back to him.

 

"Well, I'd tell you but than all those people would know," he mentioned towards the photographers who were still outside the gate waiting for their chance for us to come to them.

 

"Right, what should we do," I questioned.

"Well you see Trace already went home taking the car with him so," he said turning into a mumble as he waved his hands.

 

"Your stranded here," I questioned him.

"I guess," he said with a shrug.

 

"Sucks to be you," I laughed and started to walk off.

 

"Hunter," Justin exclaimed using my last name and looking at me in shock and he knew I knew what he meant by what he said, but we couldn't let him get his way that easy now could we.

 

"Just don't let the photographers eat you alive when the come rushing in here when I drive through the gate," I teased as I got into my car.

 

"Heidi," he exclaimed as I shut my door.

 

Starting the engine I freaked a bit when he knocked on the passenger window, I hit the button and rolled it down.

 

"Can I help you sir," I asked as he stuck his head in the window.

 

"Cut the shit," he said looking like what I had been doing had lost its humor.

 

"Fine, fine, get in I need to stop at my place and than you can lead me to your kingdom," I said randomly as I unlocked my doors.

 

"My kingdom," he questioned me.

 

"Oh that's right your not my knight and shining armor I forgot," I told him as I past through the gate and tried to ignore the flashes going off and the question of what is going on between you too, as I headed out on to the main street and back to the apartment I shared.

 

--

Getting up to the apartment complex I let Justin in as I shut the door behind him,

"This place doesn't look like yours," he commented taking his hand across the back of the couch.

 

"That's because its not mine, its my friend Julie's," I said going towards the fridge I grabbed a water and than handed him one.

 

Closing the fridge is when I felt my stomach grumble again as I took a drink from the bottle.

 

"I think your stomach is turning on you," he said as he took the cap of his water and took a drink.

 

"I just haven't ate since lunch that's all," I said than looked around for a snack and couldn't find one I sighed.

 

"Look in your bag," he said as he pulled his phone our fast to check it than placed it in his pocket again.

 

"What," I questioned him as I headed over towards my bag.

"Just look," he said and laughed a little as I slowly opened it like something was gonna pop out and eat me.

 

"My chips," I smiled looking at the bag of unopened chips I didn't get a chance to eat at lunch.

 

"I stuck them in there when you were still on the phone when our lunch ended," he said putting the cap back on his half empty water.

 

"Thanks," I nodded and waved at him to follow me.

 

"This your room," he asked me.

I shook my head as I had a mouth full of chips as I headed towards the closest and went to the right side of it.

 

"No, this is single bedroom apartment, I share the closet with Jules, and I sleep on the couch," I said pulling some things off the hangers and into piles on the ground.

 

"You sleep on the couch," he asked surprised.

"It folds out," I shrugged as I took one pile and started folding it and placing it in a suitcase and than looked through one pile and made another pile while place some items into one I had already made and the others into the suit case.

 

"What exactly are you doing," he asked me seeing the piles on the floor.

 

"Packing," I said looking at him like it was plain to see.

"What's with the piles," he said as I took some more stuff off the hangers and stuff off the shelves under it.

 

"Its how I don't over pack, I use to be the girl who would pack everything and the toilet seat," I said pulling some jeans off the hanger they sat on.

 

"Isn't that the kitchen sink," he questioned what I said.

 

I shook my head, "No, well ok I guess it is in the term it was coined in but its sort of an inside joke I made with my dad one year, that I went to see him, I have the maybe, the yes and the no piles, and I pack only what I know for sure I'm gonna wear on a daily basis and one dress up thing I figure if I need something else that I had here I can always buy it wherever I'm at" I said.

 

"Where does your dad live," Justin asked taking a seat on the floor of the closet and picking up one of my shoes.

 

"Idaho," I said finally putting the pile of clothes I had left on the floor back on my hangers and packed the rest of the stuff I had picked out than kneeled down next to him to look through my shoes.

 

"That where you were born," he questioned.

 

"Yea, my ma and me moved out here I think back when I was ten, she was tired of the cold snowy winters," I said.

 

"Gotcha," he nodded and let go of the shoe he was holding as I took it and its pair and placed it in a smaller suitcase. Picking five shoes and a pair of dress shoes out of the millions it seemed I had and never wore I picked up the two suitcases and placed the one with my clothes in it on the bed, and than took the other with me as I headed out of the room.

 

Walking towards the bathroom Justin stopped in the doorway as I pulled a bag out from under sink and grabbed what I needed and than shut the light off and shoved the bag of my hygiene products into the suitcase with my shoes and than I walked back into the room grabbed my bigger suitcase and brought it into the living room were Justin had gone a second ago when I told him I'd be right back.

 

Putting both suitcases by the door I pulled my bag to my side and sat on the couch next to Justin as I poured it out I picked up the things Mark had handed me.

 

"That's right I need to go deposit this before we head over to your house," I said shaking the envelope the held my check.

 

"Ever heard of direct deposit," he asked me.

 

"I had it with my old job," I said rolling my eyes.

"OH really," he said giving me the same look back as I just pushed him.

 

"Where is the rest of your stuff if it isn't here," he asked only seeing stuff like clothes and CDs and such in the rooms that some how were out of place with Jules.

 

"Storage or at my ma's," I said picking through my CD binder than placed the ones I picked into a smaller one with my CD player than my Mp3 player with it as well into my bag finally I took my laptop that was on the coffee table and placed it in its own little bag and placed that by the door, taking some other stuff I needed as I walked around the living room I heard the door open and shut.

 

"Di, You home," I heard Jules call for me.

"Living room," I said pulling some stuff and putting into my bag than sitting it on the coffee table and met Jules in the doorway from the hallway.

 

"Hey girlie," she said than hugged me.

"What's with the suitcases by the door I thought you said they gave me a month and you could use it," she said with a confused look.

 

"Oh no, I'm flying out tonight to the next shoot so I wont be here for a month," I said with a grimace.

 

"Oh no, what are you gonna do about a place," she asked grabbing my hand.

 

"You're going to be homeless," Justin asked making Julie jump.

 

"When you'd get here," Julie asked as he came towards her and shook her hand.

"With her, Were all meeting up at my house in an hour so when we leave for the airport none of us get lost," he explained.

 

"Right," she just nodded than looked at me.

"When did you find out you were leaving," she asked.

"An hour ago," I said with a shrug.

 

"Lovely," she said as she walked over to the fridge and grabbed a diet coke.

 

"Wait, who's going to answer me," Justin questioned and I guess he felt like the odd man out.

 

"What did you ask," Julie asked as she picked at her tab on the soda can.

 

"I was asking Heidi about how she was going to be homeless," Justin said coming over to me.

 

"Well I guess in a way yea," I said looking over at Jules than at Justin.

"How come," he asked.

 

"I'm selling this place and moving into my boyfriend's place, and she technically doesn't live here, she's really just crashing," Julie explained taking a sip of her soda afterwards.

 

"Gotcha," he nodded and looked like he had an idea.

 

"What Justin," I asked him.

"What makes you think I'm thinking anything," he said.

 

"Oh right you don't have brain in that head of yours do you," I said and heard Julie gasp as Justin looked at me with a smirk.

 

"It's a lot more than I can say for you," he responded back.

 

"Hardly," I laughed and went over to my bag and grabbed I went down the hallway to place it with the rest of my stuff by the door, and the whole time I heard them talking and walking back into the room I saw Julie smile, "That's a great idea," she said.

 

"What is," I asked.

"You live with Justin until you find a place once the movie rapes," She said.

"What no, wait, hold on," I said shaking my head and my hands in front of myself.

 

"What harm could it do, I mean your staying with me when were shooting anyways," he said.

 

"Yea only cause it's the same hotel," I said and saw him laugh.

"What," I questioned I didn't see the humor in this.

 

"Did you even read where you where traveling to," Julie giggled.

"Not really," I said feeling a blush come on.

"Were filming in Memphis," Justin said with a smile as he talked about his hometown.

 

"So that means," I said still not getting it.

"Your staying at my house right on the outskirts of Memphis in Shelby Forest," he said taking my hands and than proceed in dancing me around the room to only music he could hear.

 

"But Mark said all my room and stuff was paid for like I was staying in a hotel," I mentioned with a giggle as Justin dipped me than pulled me back up.

 

"Yeah, well in a way you are paid for because your staying with me and my mama," he said and spun me out than pulled me back so that my back was against his chest as he locked his arms around my hips and swayed me back and forth.

 

"Why am I staying with you," I asked just to make sure.

"So we can work on our chemistry," he said with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

"Ewe, Timberlake," I said pulling out of his arms.

 

"I was just joking," he laughed as he pulled me back to him and tried to dance with me again till I saw the time on the microwave.

 

"I'd love to dance with you more, but we gotta get to your place," I said with a pat on his cheek and pulled away from him.

 

"Fine ruin all my fun," he pouted and walked down the hall.

 

"Baby," I called after him with a laugh.

 

Walking over toward the kitchen I smiled at Jules who had a goofy look on her face.

"What you smiling about," I asked her.

"You two, how long of you known each other," she asked.

"Two days," I said.

"Really, wow you seem to act like you've known each other since you were little or something," she said.

"Eh, think nothing of it," I said as I hugged her.

"Keep telling yourself that," I heard her say as she hugged back.

 

"Your Crazy," I said as I waved and head down the hallway past Jules room and the bathroom and towards the front door but what made me almost scream was when Justin placed his hands around my waist and pushed me against the wall scaring me half to death and I would have screamed if he hadn't put his hand over my mouth.

 

"What are you doing," I asked once he pulled his hand away from my mouth.

"I thought we should practice that one scene, you know the one that's almost at the end of the movie, the one we shouldn't mess up on," he grinned as he talked about the kissing scene, as my eyes got wide.

 

"But, I," I started to say till he placed his finger in front of my lips.

"Shhh," he whispered.

He got close enough that the tips of our noses touched and I whispered, "Please don't," when he went to question me his cell went off. Pushing himself away from the wall he pulled it out of his pocket and answered it.

 

"What's up Trace," he said.

"Yea where heading out just went to get her packed that's all," he said and looked at me with a grin but stopped when I looked back at him and he saw what he hadn't saw close up, my face was full of fear.

 

"Will be there in a few," he all but rushed out than shut his phone quickly.

"Heidi," he questioned but I shook my head and pushed away from the wall and hurried towards the door picking up my luggage or I tried to at least when I realized I couldn't carry it all, it was than I jumped when Justin pushed my hand way from the bigger suitcase and said.

"I got it." Nodding I pushed open the front door and held it open for him.

Getting towards the car I put the stuff in my trunk and when I noticed Justin was about to open his mouth talk I grabbed the suitcase he was still holding and threw it in and slammed the trunk shut and got into the car and started it.

 

Justin got in and when he went to say something else I cut him off by turning up the volume on the radio that was playing as I drove off, but that didn't last long cause as soon as I got to the main rode I turned down the music and asked him.

 

"Where do I need to go?"

 

"Umm, keep going till you hit Fairfax than take a right on to it and head north," he said with a jump when I asked him that. But as soon as I got that out of him I turned the radio up again, not as loud as it was but still enough.

 

He had scared me back there and I don't know for the life of me why, maybe it was because I never had been kissed before but some how in my gut I knew that wasn't it, even if a kiss meant so much more to me now at age twenty three, than when it did when I was only eighteen years old, and at the moment I wish he would stop staring at me with this sorry look all over his face.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: actorj