It took Johnny Wright coming into the arena and calling Justin over to him to get his eyes off me "He likes ya," Gus one of the light technician said to me.


 "Gross," I said shaking my head and walking towards the back of the stage where Jack was.

 

"Hey Jack where you need me," I asked him finishing what I had been told to do.

"I actually needs you to go take your lunch we got two more crew members coming in to help with sound so we got it covered till about four-ish," he stated looking at the schedule than the arena set up and than me.

 

"So your saying I'm off till than," I asked.

"Well your on call so keep your walkie on," he said and let me go.

 

Walking down the hall way towards the area where the food was I heard my stomach gurgle, " I know I know, just give me a second to feed you," I laughed patting my slight pug of a belly.

 

"Grace, if you see Justin we need him at sound check in five minutes," I heard Rick say over the walkie-talkie to me.

 

"Will do," I said back placing it back on my hip and turning the volume down a little.

Taking a step into the room I looked around to see what was available and picked up a couple things and sat down at a table by the window.

 

"Oh my god," was shrieked than I saw Justin run into the room and hide behind a table followed only a few second behind him was what looked to be a girl who was only twelve years old, had a bright flashy top on and skin tight black pants and the blondes hair you could imagine.

 

Being the only one in the room at the time I saw her look at me.

"You see where my Justin went," I heard her voice drip with fake sweetness.

"Uh, do you have a pass to be back her," I asked not noticing one around her neck.

"Why would I need one I'm his girlfriend duh," she said looking at me with a glare coming into the room more.

 

"Honey, even his girlfriends need one see," I said waving mine around.

"Your not his girlfriend, your not his type," She scoffed at me.

 

"Really what's his type than," I asked.

"Me, you ugly cow," she said with a laugh.

 

"That's it," I said grabbing her arm and taking my walkie-talkie I called Dre and had him meet me outside the room and take her outside.

 

Waving at her I laughed. "I don't think she was right," I heard Justin say in my ear making me jump.

 

"Right, about what," I asked him walking back to the table to finish my sandwich.

"That you're an ugly cow, cause your not," Justin said.

 

Looking at him I made a face, "Thanks I guess," I said taking a chip and popping it into my mouth.

 

"That didn't come out right, look first I need to apologize for what I said earlier, and well I guess that girl," he said.

 

"Don't, first what you said is water under the bridge and second, that's her problem with me not yours," I said drinking the rest of my water.

 

"Your not going to let me apologize are you," he asked sitting down.

"Well there is nothing to apologize for and if there was you wouldn't have time," I said looking at my watch.

"Why is that," he asked.

"Cause you were suppose to be at sound check two minutes ago," I said.

"Fuck why didn't you tell me before," he said looking at me.

"Hey don't shoot the messenger just go," I said waving him off.

 

Watching him walk away I shuttered, "I almost pretended to be his girl friend, Ewe," I shook my body out.

 

"Grace We need you there is something wrong with the sound," I heard Jack call over the walkie.

"Be right there," I said taking what was left of my chips with me as I threw the other stuff in the can by the door.

 

 

--

 

Walking out to the stage I felt Justin look at me but I ignored him.

"What's the problem Jack," I said placing the chips bag by the drums.

"Justin do what you were doing again," Jack asked him.

All a sudden when Justin spoke into the mic you could hear a low but annoying squeal coming from the speakers.

 

"Let me go check it out I said as I headed over to the soundboard looked it over and it looked fine than I got under the stage and played with the wiring.

 

"Justin try it again," I yelled so he could hear.

This time when he sang the first line to Love Stoned it came out just right.

Pulling myself out from under the stage I saw Justin had attached himself to my chip bag but didn't get a chance to say anything.

 

"What was wrong," Jack asked.

"You had a few wires crossed that's all," I said.

"Good looking out Gracie," Gus said patting me on the back and making me blush.

 

"Its all in a days work excuse me," I said going to the drums and taking my chips out of Justin's hands I saw he ate them all.

 

"You know your such a prick," I said glaring at him.

"You know you want me that's why you call names," he said standing up to look me in the eye.

"OH yes, because that's what I came on here for to be fucked by you, no thanks Timberflake," I said walking away and threw my chip bag in the nearest can.

 

"DON'T DENY THE TRUTH," I heard him call after me.

 

"I WONT IF YOU WON'T," I yelled back.

 

--

 

A couple cities later I was under the stage again for the trapped door, which wasn't quite working right. Placing my feet on the platform I felt myself be pushed up all a sudden and next thing I knew I was on the stage floor holding my ankle in tears but they stopped when I saw that big nose and the blues eyes be placed in my sight.

 

"You all right Grace," Justin asked looking at me and I only shook my head as I heard the sound of feet running up to me.

 

"The spring was stuck that's why it wasn't working right," Jack stated than saw me on the floor. "No kidding," I mumbled as I went to move and cried out again as I went to place weight on my right leg.

 

"Here let me," Justin said going to help me but I shook my head.

" No," I said shying away from him.

 

"Grace just suck it up and let him carry you to the nurse, he is the only one around that has a free moment till we get the sound set up," Jack said.

 

"Fine, take me away," I said lifting my arms in the air as Justin came down and picked me up being careful of my ankle he carried me back towards the nurse.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story