"You twisted your ankle pretty bad Grace," the tour doctor said turning my ankle and making me grimace at the pain.

 

"How long till its healed,"' I asked.

"You need to say off it for two weeks," he said going to get an ace bandage out of one of his drawers.

 

"Two weeks, I can't do that being on my feet is part of my job Doug," I said moving to get up till Justin placed a hand on my shoulder.

"We will figure something else for you to do, I'm not gonna risk you getting hurt more," Justin explained.

"Right, you just don't want to pay my medical bills if I fuck up more," I stated looking at him which made him remove his hand from my shoulder.

"She all set right," he said looking at Doug.

"Yup I just gotta put this on and than give her the crutches and she's good to go," He said.

Justin nodded and left the room.

"Gezz Grace could you be anymore rude to the man, he was just trying to help out," Doug said as he rapped my ankle.

"So I was big deal, he needs his ego deflated once in a while," I said with a shrug.

"He's not that bad honestly," Doug said going to the closet and taking the crutches out.

 

"Says you," I said.

"Ask anyone, but here your done," he said helping me down.

"Where's my lollipop," I said like a little kid.

 

"You know you and Justin are the only ones to ask for these when you get hurt," Doug laughed.

"Don't compare me to him," I said with a glare.

"Why can't you see he is just trying to be a friend Grace," Doug said opening the door.

 

"I don't need friends thanks," I said walking out and heading towards Johnny's office I needed to figure out what I was gonna do for the next two weeks.

 

--

 

"You've got to be kidding me," I said when I heard what Johnny had in store for me.

 

"It's the only thing we got, with Trace and Rachel going to see family Justin needs a personal assistant," Johnny explained.

 

"But I don't even have any experience to do that type of thing," I said looking at him with disbelief.

"I'm gonna have Trace help you setting in his room which is connected next to Justin's and Rachel will give you a run through these next two days to get you going and if you have any questions she is only a phone call away or you can come ask me," Johnny explained.

 

"So its this or nothing," I said looking at him

"Look Grace I've known you for about two years now and well I know how hard it is for you to relate to others but could you please just get along with him," Johnny said.

 

"But I don't have any other options right," I asked again.

"No, its this or we send you back home," Johnny said looking at me than handing me a piece of paper.

 

"What's this," I said looking it over.

"With being Justin's assistant comes more to the contract, there are things your gonna find out that if the press knew well you'd know," Johnny said.

 

"Johnny you know me I could care less what the press thinks about anyone body, I don't see Justin as a celebrity," I explained.

"I know that but Jive however doesn't so we need you to sign something for their stress release ok," Johnny said handing me a pen.

 

"Fine, fine," I told him taking the paper and reading threw it making sure I knew what I was getting myself into, I had made that mistake too many times not to cover my hide anymore.

 

Signing my name I felt like I was signing my life away.

 

 A little while later I was placing my bag on the bed in my new room. I looked over a Trace who tipped the bellhop who helped move my stuff and than pulled the last suitcase in the room.

 

"You know for a women you pack light," Trace laughed making me smile.

"Well I only take what I need I figure there would be a kitchen sink for me here," I laughed.

 

"Here let me help you," Trace said seeing I was having difficultly sitting in the chair.

"Thanks," I smiled.

 

"No problem, you know you're not as bad as Justin said you were," Trace said sitting on the bed next to me.

 

"Well I guess I really haven't been that nice to him," I shook my head.

"Why not, did he do something," Trace asked me.

"Well, he asked how I could be part of the road crew, like it was unnatural for a girl to be part of it" I said.

 

"I don't think it was because you're a girl but I could see why, I mean come on Grace you don't look like them," Trace said making me look at him confused.

"Your pretty, you have curves like JLO and the booty," Trace laughed.

"Your not saying Justin thought I was attractive," I asked.

"I don't know about that, but I do know that you look more like a dancer than stage crew," Trace said smiling at me.

 

"Trace come on man you got a plan to catch," Came Dre's voice from the other side.

"I gotta go, but try not to give my boy such a hard time ok," He asked me.

 

"I'll try," I smiled and hopped up on my good foot to give him a hug.

"Thanks," I whispered as he walked away but turned around and winked at me.

 

--

 

The next two days were just like Johnny had said Rachel gave me the ins and outs of the job. This morning she came over early and was now in the process of telling last minute details as she handed me two boxes and a date book and a blackberry.

 

"The boxes are files you might need, the date book is a back up in case the blackberry crashes or dyes, don't forget to charge it by the way, and I figured you already had a laptop, so I guess your set," Rachel explained looking around to make sure she hadn't missed anything.

 

"Right, I'm not sure if I can handle this," I told her honestly as I looked at her. She smiled. "You'll be ok Grace, and if Timberdork gives you in trouble just slap him upside the head," she laughed making me grin.

 

"Thanks," I smiled and she nodded and waved as she left the room.

 

Not even to seconds later I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said looking over the blackberry trying to figure out how to even turn it on.

 

"What's up boss lady," Justin smiled walking into the room sitting on the bed next to me.

 

"I'll let you know when I figure out how to turn this thing on," I said looking all over for the power switch. Hearing his laughter I looked up at him.

"Press this button and hold it," Justin said pressing the red button to the left of the screen and holding it with his thumb and it came to life, making me blush.

 

"Thanks," I smiled.

"Not a problem boss lady, how's that ankle by the way," he said taking the date book and looking through it.

 

"I can stand on it a little now," I said with a nod.

"Don't though, I made that mistake with breaking my foot awhile back," Justin smiled at me.

"Like a twisted ankle and broken foot are the same thing," I mumbled finally finding the date book in the phone.

 

"You're off today and you have an interview and photo shoot tomorrow," I told him.

"I know," he said.

Looking up at him I glared,

"Than why did you ask what was up," I asked.

"Cause I hadn't read this yet," he said pointing towards the date book.

"Well pin a rose on your nose Timberlake," I said with a roll of my eyes.

 

"You'd like to pin a rose somewhere else wouldn't you," Justin smiled.

"You're a pervert," I mumbled pressing buttons and figuring out the blackberry.

"Wouldn't you like to know," he smiled taking the phone out of my hands.

"Justin come on I need to figure that out if I'm going to help you," I said trying to reach the phone that he held over his head.

"Kiss me for it," he said.

"What, you know fuck you," I said looking at him and going to grab my crutches.

"Grace, I was only joking here," he said handing the phone back.

 

"Look Justin, your off I'm off could you just leave me alone to figure this stuff out before I loose it," I asked him.

 

"Fine, but while your at it get what's ever up your ass out," Justin said getting up to head towards the door.

 

"It will be once you leave the room," I said looking at him.

"Fuck you, Grace," Justin said going to turn the knob.

 

"Don't offer things you don't want Timberlake," I said to him making sure I knew what buttons did what on the phone.

 

"Don't think so highly of your self Stratton," Justin said using my last name as he opened the door and slammed it shut.

 

--

 

Justin was at his photo shoot and I was back at the hotel, I briefed him on a couple things that where changing in the next two days over the phone. Having a moment I took the hotel phone and called for an outside line. Pushing the numbers in that I read off the phone card I than dialed my mom's phone number.

 

"Hello," I heard her voice in what seemed like years since the last time I did, but it still had a claming effect on me.

 

"Hey mama," I smiled. "Baby cakes, how's my little girl doing," she asked with a laugh.

"Not so good, I beefed it helping fix the stage," I said telling her about my now almost healed ankle.

 

"You coming home," She asked me with a sigh, I guess I disappointed her yet again.

"No mama, I was transferred up for two weeks till my ankle heals," I said.

"What you doing now," she questioned and I could hear her eating a chip.

"I'm the personal assistant to Justin," I said.

 

"Honey, you didn't," she accused me.

"Didn't what," I asked not wanting to get angry but somehow that always happened when I talked to her.

 

"You didn't sleep with him did you," my mother said.

"What hell mother, he is the most egotistical jerk ever, I took the job because his assistant went to go see family," I said trying to claim myself down.

 

"Thank god cause Graceland Elizabeth Stratton if you go through that again I don't know if I can help you again," she said.

 

"You know what ma if dad could hear you right now he'd, he'd," I tried to say with the tears coming to my eyes.

 

"He'd what slap me like he use to," my mother accused.

"HE NEVER HURT YOU A DAY IN HIS LIFE, IF ANYTHING YOU HURT HIM," I yelled and hung up the phone.

"I'm so sorry daddy," I whispered up to the ceiling but jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

 

"Justin, I sorry," I started babbling incoherently and trying to move to get the black berry till he grabbed my hand and pulled me up to face him.

 

"No Justin I'm ok I," I started to say till he put a finger to my lips.
 "Shhh, no your not come here," he said taking me in his arms and sitting back on the bed leaning against the head board.

"Cry Grace, just cry if you need it," He whispered in my ear.

"I'm sorry," I said but he quieted me again.

"No, I'm sorry honey," he said kissing my forehead.

 

--

 I must have fallen asleep crying because opening my eyes I found the design of Justin's shirt in front of my eyes as I had my head on his rising and falling chest, and felt one of his hands placed at the small of my back. I giggled a bit when I heard him mumble and snore, he must have fallen asleep too.

 

Moving up to look at him I smiled a bit before I frowned. I moved to get up off of him making him wake up with a start.

 

"You think you know me huh," I glared at him as he wiped sleep from his eyes and looked at me weird.

 

"What," he questioned. Finally sitting up to look at me.

"You think Justin because you came in here and played hero that you know me," I said looking at him.

 

"Grace I don't know what your talking about, I came in here to ask you something about Friday's schedule and I heard what you said to your mom and well, I wanted to comfort you," He said.

 

"Why would you want to do a thing like that," I asked standing up and limping over to the kitchenette.

 

"Cause that's what friends do," he said trying to give me my crutches and grabbing them and I threw them to the ground.

 

"You want to be my friend huh," I said looking at him

"Yea, I mean you made friends with Trace, and the road crew," Justin said with a shrug of his shoulders.

 

"First off Justin I don't make friends ok, The road crew are my co-workers and I was being nice to Trace cause I'll probably never see let alone speak to him again ok," I said looking at him and than away as I brushed a tear away from my face.

 

"Everyone needs friends Grace," he said touching my arm.

"I don't," I said pushing his arm off my body and walked over to get to the bathroom before I tripped at fell against the wall. It was than I couldn't hold it any longer as I cried, "Its like its my time of the month or something," I got out wiping my tears as I heard Justin laugh at that before he sat down next to me.

 

"I lost the best friend I ever knew ok, my dad he was everything for me, my rock and one day he went out for alcohol for my mom mind you, she is a still recovering alcoholic, trying to keep the peace and he got mugged and shot," I explained looking at the ground picking at the fabric of the carpet.

 

"My mother is ok when she's sober but the moment you mix her and alcohol its like she becomes a different person, she thinks nothing is her fault that everyone is against her," I sighed. "I was ten when he died Justin and my ma blames me, she says he went out for milk so I could have cereal in the morning, but I was there I heard the conversation, he was trying to make it work but he ended up dying for her," I said looking at him than back at the floor before I opened my mouth again.

 

"My mother was a drunk so she never really saw all the bad things I did, I was just trying to get her to give me the attention she would when she was sober, I though that if maybe I could get her to see what it did to me she would see what it did to her and stop," I sighed.

"I did every drug known to man, I drank everything I could get my hands on, that was by the time I was fifteen," I started my story and taking a breath I continued.

 

"Than at age seventeen I forgot the mission of saving my mom and it was just about getting the drugs, the high so I could escape what I knew, that's when I started using my body to get money, but on my eighteenth birthday when I realized I had a miscarriage on the school bathroom floor, reality slapped me hard on the cheek, that's when it all came out I was sent away my mother didn't even think twice she sent me to a rehab clinic and got me straight, but it didn't change her ways, I failed her and I failed my father," I said finally looking up at Justin who was staring at me with concern.

 

"How old are you now," he asked me.

 

"I'll be twenty five on Friday," I said looking away from him.

"I'm sorry," he said making me look up at him.

"Sorry for what, that I had a hard life or that I couldn't save my parents," I said looking at him and slowly putting my guard back up till he grabbed my hand.

 

"First you couldn't save your parents, they can only save themselves, so its not your fault that your dad is gone and it's not your fault your mother is the way she is, I'm sorry that you just had to put up with that much," he said.

 

"Eh, made me stronger," I said.

"Still," he said giving me a look before he kissed me on the cheek.

"What was that for," I blushed.

"Just to let you know I'm here and that I care," he smiled and I smiled back.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story