Things got hectic over the last week going from show to show, with phone interviews and radio shows and the occasionally cable show, me and Justin didn't have time to sit down and talk to one another.

 

I guess I'll admit it, I do love him, it makes me smile just thinking that, but I haven't got the chance to share the good new yet. Justin, was in the middle of a press conference to deal with some court charges placed on him again by some untrue story, people never will give up to get their fifteen minutes of fame even if its their name in print, I had to shake my head, if only they could see what I could see how it effects Justin its only worth fifteen seconds let alone minutes.

 

Seeing him march out the room I went to stop him, "Not right now Grace, I need to clear my head," he said placing a hand on my shoulder than passing by.

"I just wanted to remind you of your sound check in an hour," I yelled, as he got closer towards the elevators, watching him wave his hand over his head he entered the elevator and disappeared.

 

"How's it going GRACIE," I hear the voice to the face I thought I'd never see again.

"Jack, what are you doing here?" I said.

"I set up the press conference and I thought you and I could chat," he said grabbing my hand.

 

"I don't want to, but thanks," I nodded.

"Fuck you do you think I care what you want you got me fired kid, you owe me," he said pulling me with him out towards the lobby.

"You did it all yourself, I didn't do a damn thing," I said.

 

"Yeah right, you've done everything thing to me, since the day you where fucking born," he said pushing me out of the hotel room towards the street.

 

"What," I asked whipping him around.

"Your mother, she was mine before your fathers she was happy than we were high on life," he said.

 

It was than that it donned on me, she had always told me not to mention the name Jack, and ironically my first boyfriend was named that too.

 

"What did you do," I stated.

"I didn't do a thing, you see it was all your father, he took her from me, made her have you than when she tired to get rid of you guys by drinking and that didn't work she called me up and, well you see your father was never mugged deary," Jack said pushing me in the alley behind the hotel, pulling out a gun, he looked at it with glee.

 

"She wouldn't," I said.

"No, come on now, she's always drunk always trying to get away from you from her life," he said running a hand over the gun than looking at me.

"Lair, if anything she was trying to escape you," I said trying to back my way out of the alley till he grabbed me.

 

"Now why are you trying to run away Gracie, you know I'm just trying to finish the job I started," he said holding my arm.

 

"What," I questioned.

"What is today's date Grace," he whispered in my ear making me shiver.

"Today's January 27," I said pulling a little till he placed he gun at my head.

"And what happened almost fifteen years ago," he asked me running the gun down my cheek.

 

"I.. I don't remember," I lied.

"Fuck Gracie you do remember, it was the day your father was shot right," he said pulling my arm hard making me whimper.

 

"Yes," I said finally when he kept pulling harder.

"Good girl, now we can do this the hard way or the easy way," he said turning me around to face him.

 

At that moment the blackberry in my pocket decided to go off, I looked at Jack than down at my pocket than at Jack again.

 

"Answer it," he said.

 

Pulling it out of my pocket I answered it seeing Justin's ID flash against the screen.

 

"Hello," I mumbled.

"Grace you ok, you sound weird I didn't offend you earlier," he asked me.

"No, no, I'm just," it was than that the phone was pulled away from me and Jack pushed me towards the ground.

 

"Timberlake, my, my what have you done to our poor Grace she isn't as tough as she use to be," He laughed.

 

"Oh this is your buddy Jack," He responded, seeing him roll his eyes at Justin's voice I got an idea looking at the gun waving loosely in his hands I watched him and noticed he was turned to close to me, and would see my movements if I went to get it. Looking around the alley I saw beam laying next to some random objects, reaching my hand out as slowly as I could I pulled it into my grasp and rolled it behind my back and placed both hands on it.

 

"You know what why don't you come find us, I'm tired of playing with you Mr. Timberlake," he said shutting off the phone and dropping it to the ground where it smashed.

 

"Now," he said turning around but jumped when he saw I was standing up with my hands behind my back.

 

"Well look at you pulling the tough act out," he said.

"Wrong," I said looking at him with a glare.

"What is wrong," he said.

"Its not an act," I said and screamed as loud as I could as I swung at his hand knocking the gun out of his hand than at his knee knocking him off his feet.

Hitting the ground he went out cold, I knew he wasn't dead but he wasn't worth that.

 

 

Dropping the beam I fell towards the ground, suddenly feeling exhauston coming over me, I landed on my knees, I heard someone call my name but all I saw was blurry images than blackness as I felt the cold street against my back.

 

--

 

Feeling something cold wipe at my forehead I blinked and focused my eyes about the room. I was in Justin's room I could tell by the smell of it and the factor that he was the one whipping my head with a wet washcloth.

 

"Graceland," he whispered and I turned towards him.

"Hey," he said softly looking at me.

"Hi," I let out hearing my voice crack, feeling him take my hand I looked down at it.

"Your gonna be fine, we had Jack arrested, remind me to never get you cornered with a beam," he smiled making me grin.

"He killed my father," I said looking at Justin's shirt.

"What," he said placing the washcloth down and leaning over me.

"He told me how my dad was never mugged, that he shot him, that he was trying to get back at him for taking my mother," I said looking at him.

"Baby," he whispered than kissed my nose.

"He tired to make me believe that my mother told him to do it," I said looking at the blank TV screen.

"You didn't right," Justin asked running a hand through my hair.

 

 

"I didn't than, but I'm not so sure now," I said looking over at him again.

"Why don't you ask her, yourself," Justin said.

"How can I do that when she is in rehab," I questioned him but looking at him I saw him looking towards the corner of the room.

Sitting up slowly with Justin's help I looked over seeing my ma looking at me sadly.

"Mama," I questioned her.

"Graceland, I came as soon as I heard," she said getting up from her chair.

"Mama," I said looking her over, she didn't look the same but not in a bad way.

"I've learned some things Graceland," She nodded.

I heard Justin say he would be back later as he got off the bed and head towards the door.

"Are you ok baby," she asked sitting down on the bed.

"Mama," I repeated again and I didn't know why but when I reached out to grab her in a hug and she hugged me back I started to cry.

 

 

"I missed you," I said.

"I missed you too honey," she started to cry as well.

"What happened with you and Jack," I said ending on a whisper.

 

"Well you see part of what he said is true, we did date, but he was very abusive and that's were the drinking began. Well your father and him were best friends and he saw this day in day out, till one day he had enough of it and pulled me out of it. Saved me, and well I guess made me fall for him too, you see your father was my first love and when Jack killed him I went back to the only way I knew how to escape," my mother explained.

 

"But what about me," I said grasping her hand.

"I was scared of you, you reminded me so much of your father that I was afraid that if I didn't escape I would loose you too," she said.

"You almost did," I reminded her of what I did when I was a child.

 

 

"I know," she mentioned than ran a hand down my cheek.

"I knew what you were doing honey, and I tired so many times to reach out to you but my fear just kept me away, but when I heard that you had been working with Jack, that's when I lost it, I tired to run away instead of saving you, but God didn't want it that way I guess," my mother explained.

 

"I'm sorry," I said.

"For what, I'm the one that should be sorry," my mother explained.

"Not trying to confront you instead of acting like I did," I said looking at her.

"Honey, you did what you thought you had to do, and I so did I, sure it wasn't the smartest choice, but we have to live with the good and the bad, even if the good scares us," she said.

 

"I know that more than you think," I mentioned looking at the carpet of the hotel room.

"You mean that boy, Justin," my mother smiled.

 

"Mama," I giggled.

"You love him don't you," she questioned me.

 

"I do," I smiled.

"Tell him," she told me leaning into me.

"But I'm scared," I told her with my bottom lip out in a pout making her laugh.

 

"What are you scared about child," she asked me.

"That either he will leave me, or someone will do the same thing to him as Jack did to daddy," I said looking at my mother's hands that were grasped in mine.

 

 

"You know what honey, even if he does leave you, even if he does get shot or die one day which he will, we all will but wouldn't you rather have let yourself fall in love and experienced it for a day than wonder what it was like for a life time," she questioned me.

 

I looked at her in awe I had never heard her give me so much advice in one day.

 

"Thank you," I said looking at her with a smile.

"Never a problem, I promise things with be different ok pumpkin," she smiled at me.

Nodding I put my head on her shoulder.

"I meant thank you, for loving me even when you're scared to," I said.

 

"I know," she said rubbing my back and kissing my temple.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story