Author's Chapter Notes:
ok may be a little short but i didn't wanna ruin the ending too fast.
******LINES ADDED*******
Justin slumped on his couch, JC sitting next to him. “I can't believe he did that. I mean, yeah he’s a jerk sometimes, but to do that to someone who doesn’t deserve it?”

“He probably started teasing her & then ended up calling her that stuff when she needed comfort from you,” JC told him.

The 26 year old growled in frustration. “But she did nothing wrong! He had no right! She was finally happy all the time instead of feeling broken every other day. We were happy.”

He closed his eyes, resting his head on the back of the couch.

JC looked at Justin. He’d known this man half his life & never once saw him this worn down.

His shoulders sagged, hands fisted in his pockets. And JC thought he could see the faintest tracks of tears still on his face. His eyes widened as he said, “this isn't just being a friend to Nicole. You really love her.”

Justin opened his bloodshot eyes & looked sadly at his best friend. “Yeah, I do very much. At 1st I was just helping her through stuff but then we connected. We shared stuff that no one else knows. We hung out & i started to see the beautiful woman underneath the chipped exterior. She's really strong & just now started realizing it. Everything we gained is ruined 'cause Trace had to act like a stupid jerk. ” The tears once again started down his face. "I just want to hold her again."
---
“Thanks for coming guys,” JC told the other 3 former members of *NSYNC. “This is going to take all of us to pull off.”

“What’s going on with him?” Lance asked.

"He's getting his heart broken." JC explained what had happened between Nicole & Justin. As he finished, Lynn & Rachael walked in the door. They both wore a sad face & carried a box of stuff.

“What's that?” Chris asked.

“Stuff he gave her. We were trying to get her to open up & talk but she just gave us this,” Rachael answered.

“Gabe said Nicole’s been even worse than the last time Justin saw her.”

The group didn’t go through the stuff, knowing they were special keepsakes the 2 shared.

“So, what now?” Joey asked.

“Her birthday is in a few weeks. If we can get them in the same room, they’ll work it out,” Rachael told them.

“No, I don’t want to ruin her birthday too,” Justin said, coming down the stairs. They noticed that he looked like he hadn't slept in a month even though it had been only 2 days. “She deserves to have 1 happy day in all this.”

“Bounce, just listen. If you put all your feelings into a song for her, she’ll forgive you,” Lance explained. "You said music gets inside her."

"It's worth a shot," Joey added.

“I got the perfect song already done. I just don’t know how to get her to listen.”

“Don’t worry, everything’ll work out,” Lynn assured her son.
Chapter End Notes:


i'm hoping to talk to my cowriter today so i will get an idea of how she wants the ending. i'll let her lay out the ideas & the general dialogue & i'll just add my flair lol.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story