Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry it took so long. life took priority & i had writer's block. last chapter everyone!

When the song was over, Nicole once again wheeled away & Gabe sighed.

“Where are you going, hun?” Lynn asked Nicole.

“Home." She said blankly, “I didn’t know he was going to be here. Please just let me pass.”

“No, you should give him a chance. It wasn't his fault. He’s just as torn as you.” Lynn put an arm in her way.

Justin saw this action from the field and began to run off to the sidelines.

“No, please," Nicole pleaded and tried top push her way through. She got past and went over near the concession stands while Lynn caught up with her son.

“I tried to stop her for ya, Baby,” Lynn told Justin.

“It’s alright, I’ve have to do this myself.”

He ran up to Nicole, grabbed her handle bars & tipped her chair slightly backwards. She looked surprised but then anger flooded her face.

“I know you're angry but truth is, so am I. We need to work this out.”

She stared at him angrily for a minute but then nodded. All she wanted was to be in his life again.

“Now, if I put you down, promise you won’t leave & we’ll talk?” he asked & she nodded again.

They went somewhere quiet, guards keeping watch so the 2 had privacy. “Ok, I know you're mad but it’s not me you should be mad at. Trace did this to us, I’m not the 1 who said those things to you.”

Nicole looked down, playing with the keychain on her seatbelt. Justin knew she did this when she didn’t know how to word things the right way. He waited patiently, thankful she was given him a chance.

“Justin, I-I know it wasn't you but the fact that he’s your friend & did that “ that’s what hurt.”

“You flipped out on me because he’s my friend?! I have no control over his actions!” Justin shouted in 1 breath. “I can't monitor what he does every minute! I shouldn’t have to.”

Nicole knew it was true & she nodded, it was all she could do to not cry. She didn’t want to cry in front of him, it’d be almost as embarrassing as freaking out on him.

Justin took a breath. He didn’t mean to blow up at her, this whole thing was just frustrating. “He told me what he called you. I’m sorry, I know it must’ve hurt. But it was HIM NOT ME.”

“I know you’d never do that to me but he’s your best friend & you're going to listen to him more than someone you just met. I don’t mean that to sound selfish but I’ve been hurt by people following what others say & I just don’t think I could take that anymore.”

“Sweetheart, look in my eyes. I wouldn’t have been talking to you this long, come out to meet you & fought to get you back if I was going to turn on you. I know you're scared & I completely understand that. But sometimes you just have to take a chance.”

Nicole looked at Justin wearily. She obviously felt more than friendship towards him but to establish trust, friends would be a good place to start. After all, Trace ruined that last time. Plus, she didn’t know if he felt the same. She highly doubted he did.

“Ok, but let’s work on being friends. If we want this to work, we can't let this happen again. If we have a problem, we tell each other. If someone else doesn’t like what we have, that’s their problem.”

“Deal.” He felt more than ‘just friends’ for her but he couldn’t tell her. It’d be way to soon. He’d have to gain her trust back. And he didn’t know if she’d love him. Hollywood life could be hard on a relationship & even though he wanted to tell her his feelings, he didn’t want things backfiring.

She looked down again, suddenly looking guilty. “I’m sorry,” She whispered.

“For what?”

“Messing things up with you & Trace. I mean, you guys have been friends for so long & you’ve known me a year.”

“No, Baby Girl. He messed things up on his own. That’s his fault for the way things are between him & I. there’s no reason he shouldn’t like you & if he doesn’t, it’s his loss on knowing such an amazing girl.”

She looked up & smiled, catching onto what he called her. He smiled back.

Lynn came up to them, finding them laughing & talking. “So, are you 2 good now?”

“If he doesn’t hurt me,” Nicole answered. Then she joked, “and if he keeps his friends in check.”

He laughed & walked around the back of her wheelchair. He wrapped his arms around her from behind & hugged her. He smiled as he saw his former bandmates come up also. “Yes, we’re very good.”

“We’re glad,” Joey said. “We were afraid we’d have to do something drastic. Now kiss already!’ 5 hands came at his head, including Lynn & Justin. “What?”

They shook their heads & Justin blushed like he was in junior high again. Nicole smiled shyly at him as he hugged her again.

THE END
Chapter End Notes:


there might be a sequal if i get enough ideas for it. i only have one scene written so i dont know.

Completed
MrsTimberlake18 is the author of 41 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story