Dear Goodbye

"J?" Gina questioned again leaning against the doorframe. "Someone call? Is everything ok?"

"Oh, umm nah I knocked over your purse, again." Justin bent down and started picking up her things, slipping in the cell. 'Please god if you let me away with one thing let this be it.' "Did you need something?" he asked avoiding eye contact.

"You sure everything's ok?" she began walking towards him and Justin quickly placed the purse back on the small table, meeting her half way.

"Yeah, I'm just trippin." he smiled, grabbing a hold of her hands with his own. "I drank way too much. Colin might have spiked my drink." he joked poorly.

"Justin if something is wrong you can tell me." she assured him taking a step closer.

"Actually something is wrong." he steped closer, his face just inches from hers.

Gina smiled, knowing he was up to no good. "And what is that?"

"You’re still wearing that dress."

Gina screeched when Justin lifted her off the floor, making his way to the bathroom. "J!"

J smacked her ass lifting her over his shoulder. "Come on, let's go take a shower."

"Ok." she said through her laughter.

Justin smiled, forcing down the regret he was feeling in the pit of his stomach. He would tell her tomorrow, that he promised himself.



JC picked up his cell again, redialing the number he tried just 15 minutes earlier. He had no idea what happen last night but he never got a hold of Justin. He just wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

"Hello?" finally answered the breathy voice.

"Vanessa?"

"Yeah who's this?"

"JC, Justin's friend."

Vanessa eyes widened when she realized who was on the other line. "Oh hey, hold on ok?"

"Yeah sure."

JC could hear the music in the background lower before the her voice returned.

"Hey what's up? Why didn't you call me back last night?" Vanessa prepared herself for the worst. She, herself, wasn't able to get a hold of Gina but she was hoping that JC had different results .

"Umm I wasn't able to get in contact with Justin last night, but I left him a message to call me."


JC quickly realized from her tone that wasn't a good thing.

"Oh, did you tell him why?"

"Umm, nah." He lied. "Why what did you say?"

"I didn't say anything!" she defended. Vanessa leaned her head back against the wall, she suddenly felt a cold shiver even though she had been sweating from working out. "Layla did."

"What? Vanessa what did she say?" JC shook his head. Why where these girls so concerned? Ok so there where pictures of Justin with his ex, that didn't mean the girl needed to know right that second. He wouldn't tell Justin right away? Would he? Who was he kidding, he would have flown to Hawaii if he had too.

Vanessa took a deep breath before getting into details.

"Well I talk to the girls first, you know to see what they thought...



Flashback

"So what do you guys think? Should we wait?" Mandy glanced at the clock then back to the cell phone twirling in Layla's hand.

"No, let's just call before we change our mind again." she said flipping it open.

Vanessa pulled the phone from Layla's hand before she could dial. "Maybe I should call JC and asked him what Justin said?"

Layla grabbed back the phone "He was suppose to call you right? He never did, move on."

Vanessa rolled her eyes. Layla could be so fucken stubborn at times, this was one of them.

"We need to know what he said!" she reasoned once again taking back the phone.

"Fine, whatever wait!" Layla stood up and walked into the kitchen not looking back. If they wanted to wait around too bad, she wasn't gonna let her girl get hurt. Picking up the cordless phone she dialed Gina's cell phone number, which went straight to voicemail.

"Hey Gina it's me. Listen, I don't know how to tell you this but umm just don't get too hooked on Justin ok? There are some pictures-"

"What are you doing!" Vanessa ran into the room followed by Mandy.

"She needs to know!" Layla yelled bringing the phone towards her ear but it was too late Mandy unplugged the jack. Both girls immediately looked in her direction.

"Layla, you are such a bitch."

**********************


"...and that was it. I have no idea what else she said."

JC shook his head in disbelief "I'm sorry to say this but your girl is a nosy bitch. Is-"

"She's just looking out for Gina, JC. I'm pretty sure you would do the same if the situation was reversed." Vanessa started catching an attitude. Who did this guy think he was? He didn't even know Layla!

"Is she purposely trying to hurt her?"

"Look I'm gonna hang up before either one of us says something we will regret. If I was you I would try to get a hold of my friend."

"Vanessa-" But it was too late, she had all ready hung up. "Fuck, now what?"



"Scrambled or over easy?" Gina yelled up the stairs.

Justin leaned over the railing, smiling at the sight of his girl below "Whatever you’re having." he yelled back.

"Ok Do you know when Mary is coming back?"

"She should be here soon."

"Cool. The food will be ready soon." She winked heading back towards the kitchen.

Justin stood still listening to the sound of Gina's footsteps, before returning to the office he just slipped out of. Returning to his seat he took a deep breath, resting his elbows on the desk in front of him. Staring up at the TV mounted on the wall he felt sick, just knowing if he turn it on he'd most likely see his own face. His nerves where a mess all morning, after last night he knew he had to tell her. He just didn't know how. Picking up his cell phone he dialed his voicemail, replaying the message from JC he had heard earlier.

Hey J sup? Listen you need to tell Gina what's going on.
Her girls know and they are going to call her tonight.
So figure something out quick. Call me when you get this. Later


Opening the side desk draw he pulled out the magazine that could literally ruin his relationship. Staring back at him a picture of him and Cameron embracing in a more than friendly hug. Regret wasn't even the word to describe what he first felt as he flipped to the center to see pictures of them kissing, but noticeably wearing different clothes. Two different days, he remembers them both clearly.



Flashback

Justin was still smiling when he finally got back into his car. The look on Gina's face when she seen the chocolate rose he sent over was priceless. He had never seen someone look so surprised from something he did. Britney wasn't even that surprised when he brought her a car! All he gave Gina was a rose, a fake one! Hearing the sound of Neptune’s "Lap Dance" coming through his cell phone he waited to pick it up, all ready knowing who it would be.

"What do you want Cam?" He was so tired of her calling. He didn't want to talk to her, he told her that a million times. She never listened, even they where together.

"Justin, I need to see you." An obvious upset voice came through the other immediately stirring Justin's concern.

"What's wrong, what happen?"

"I just.." Hearing her cry was breaking Justin's heart.

"What happen Cameron? What's the matter?"

"I just-" More sobs came through the phone before Cameron continued. "I need to see you. Where are you?"

Justin turned the corner, his gym all ready in sight. "I'm going to the gym. But where are you? What happen, are you ok?"

Cameron's sniffled before continuing "Wait for me there please, in the back."

"Cam!"

Justin looked at his cell phone realizing she had hung up. A part of him felt nervous, part even doubtful. He just hoped that she was ok. After they broke up she really went on a downward spiral, drinking and lord knows what else. But after they had a long talk, Justin convinced her they where better off friends. But when that didn't work, so Justin cut her off completely. This being the first call he had gotten in almost 3 weeks.

Pulling into the practically deserted parking lot in the back of the gym Justin look around for her familiar black Toyota Hybrid, finally spotting her in the rearview mirror, turning the corner.

"What happen?" Justin asked meeting her half way as they both got out of their cars. Justin's heart ached the second he saw her tear-stained cheeks and blood shot eyes. She was obviously very upset.

"I needed to see you!" she said holding onto him, sobbing into his neck.

"Cam, Cam. Hold on." Justin placed his hands on her waist trying to push her back. "What happen Cam? Talk to me."

"They where just so close to me." she sobbed, soaking his shirt and neck with tears. "I thought I was going to crash, I was driving so fast."

Justin held her closer knowing immediately who she was talking about. Paparazzi. They where ruthless and since the break up they had gotten even worst.

He tried to console her, rubbing her back. "Shhh. It's ok, you’re ok now."

Lifting her head, she looked into his eyes, their faced inches apart. "I love you Justin."

Justin didn't know how but before he could stop it Cameron's lips where pressed against his. The pain he felt for her clouded his judgement, only pushing him closer. Their tongues seem to be intertwined forever and when he finally did stop he knew it was too late. 

He dropped his hands from the sides of her waist taking a step back but she stepped forward and tried to kiss him again.

"Cam, stop." he said taking another step. "We can't do this. It isn't good."

"What are you talking about? Justin I know you still love me."

Rubbing the back of his head Justin felt sweat all ready starting on the back of his neck. He fucked up big time, leading her on was not the right thing to do.

"I gotta go." Hurrying back to his car, he reached into the back seat for his gym bag.

"Justin!" she yelled hands on her hips with a look of disbelief. "Tell me you don't love me!"

Pushing button on his alarm a flash caught his eye and then it hit him. She set him up, there where no photographers, it was all a lie.

"You set me up?"

"Justin wait-"

He looked around knowing she was probably followed here on purpose, all for photo op.

"I can't believe you! You're worst then them." he yelled

He began to walk past her but she grabbed onto his wrist. "Justin please."

Sharply turning his head, he looked her dead in the eye. "Do you want them to have another photo? Huh, something saying the complete opposite of what you planned?" His words where stern causing Cameron to let go before he embarrassed her.

"I know you still love me Justin."

"I don't love you Cameron. I never did."

**********************



"Justin, you ready to eat?"

Startled Justin's head jerked up to see Gina standing in the doorway. Quickly he flipped the magazine shut as she approached.

"J, what are you looking at?" she asked, a look of disapproval on her face.

"Gina wait-"

But it was too late, just from the look in her eyes he could tell she seen all she needed too.

"Gina I can explain."

But she didn't seem to hear him. Her eyes locked onto the magazine.

Staring out, depressed about
What words I have to plead
So torn apart

Shattered by impressions of
Confessions in defeat
My broken heart

Crying, desperate, fighting
Questions scared to let go

"Is that? I remember-" Unbeknownst to her, Gina's eyes started to water, as she suddenly became speechless. The image in front of her burning into her mind as a single tear fell down her cheek. She remembers that day, those posters. Seeing the other photos hurt her even more. She remembered that outfit. How could she forget the way Justin looked when he greeted her at the door, it was something she would always remember. It was the first time she ever been to his home, the first time he kissed her and made her stomach dip, the first time he introduced her to his mom.

Justin quickly stood up, taking a step toward to block her view.

"Gina let me explain please." he pleaded seeing the painful look in her eyes. Pain he caused.

"Why didn't you tell me J?" she asked giving a look of disappointed. "Is this what you where trying to hide?"

"Gina I was going to. Today! Right now!"

"Is this why my friends don't want me to get close you?"

Justin's face dropped when he realized she heard whatever message her friends had left for her.

"Gina-"

Another tear fell down her cheek as she continued looking at him with hurt in her eyes.

"I wanted you to be the one to tell me J! I didn't want to hear it from someone else. Did you think I was that stupid? Did you think I wouldn't find out?" Gina turned around and quickly walked out of the room, heading towards the master bedroom.

We used to be so beautiful
But the days go by and
Things get better

I'm weary from the war
I'm losing half my soul
But the days go by and

"Gina please you have to let me explain."

"I've been waiting for you to explain since we got here!" she screamed back at him, tears flowing freely now, as she angrily tried to wiping them away. "The flipping out over me turning on the TV, the look on your face when you thought Britney was gonna spill your secret, turning off the cell phones!" Gina turned around in disgust, not wanting to even look him.

"Gina please!" Justin pleaded watching her go into the closet. "Please you need to at least let me talk. Hear me out."

Coming out now with her purse, she bent down and pulled on her sneakers, before walking out the door.

"Where are you going?" Justin chased after her. "Gina you can't leave!"

Finally reaching her at the bottom of the staircase he grabbed a hold of her arm. She quickly spun around smacking him in the face with her free hand.

"Don't ever touch me."

Past the point of reasons
I just want you to believe
That it's not your fault

Cry your eyes to sleep
It's like a thousand rainy nights
Oh, drowning lows

Photographs, the close up, what we had
Come undone

Justin instantly let go, the words stinging him, just as they did the first time. The first time he fucked up he recovered, he got her back. He wasn't sure if this time would be the same.

Gina looked at him, shocked with herself at what she did. Reactions from a past relationship that still seem to haunt her.

"I just, I need to be alone right now J." she spoke more calmly, looking down at the floor.

Justin understood, he betrayed her trust, one of the worst possible things to do in a relationship.

"Fine, I'll leave for a little while. Then we can talk. Is that ok?" he asked knowing that she could easily hop on a plane back to the LA.

"I just, I need to think J. What you did-" Hearing the words come out of her mouth made Justin’s realize what a big deal this was. She couldn't even look at him.

Gina couldn't believe what was happening. It all felt so surreal. But she knew it was bound to come out. She was just hoping he would be the one to let it out. Every night, in bed, she prepared herself to hear what he had to say. During the day she waited for him to bring it up. But he never did.

Justin ran his hands over his head, trying to grasp the situation. He really screwed up this time.

"Gina please, let me talk." he said after a few seconds of silence.

Exhaustion taking over, Gina leaned against the wall behind her. Squeezing her eyes shut.

"I think we are moving too fast." Gina said speaking her mind.

Justin let out a deep breath. "No, Gina were not. We have a connection, I know you feel it."

Where did it all go wrong?
The days go by and
Things get better

You hardened like a stone
To face the world alone
But the days go by and
Things get better

Exhausted of apologies
In search of something comforting
But the days go by and
Things get better

Brought out the best and worst in me
You gave your all unselfishly
But the days go by and

Oh, I could never replace
All the tenderest moments
They will always live right here
Inside me

Gina lifted her head, making eye contact with him. "Then why J? Why did you lie to me?"

"Will you let me explain?" He asked rubbing his hands together.

Gina looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to continue.

"Can we go sit?" he motioned over his shoulder. "In the living room?"

Gina stood up straight, walking past him into the living room.

Plopping down on the couch next to her, Justin turned his body in her direction.

"I'm sorry Gina." The first words he said, knowing they where long overdue and probably meaningless now.

"Me too, I didn't mean to slap you. It's just- I'm sorry."

She was hurt. He was more than a boyfriend to her , he was her friend. That fact alone made the hurt go even deeper. She wanted more than anything at that moment to forgive him. But she couldn't, the feeling in the pit of her stomach was one that she hadn't felt in a long time. Pain, betrayal, and sadness. Looking at Justin, hardly hearing his words, she couldn't believe he was the one that caused this.

"No, it's my fault. I shouldn't have grabbed you like."

"I just wanted you too tell me. It hurts worst coming from someone else." she motioned, bringing up her hand to heart with out knowing it.

Justin understood all too well. When he found out that Britney had cheated on him, from Wade no less, it crushed him. He didn't think he would ever do the same thing to someone else.

"I understand. I wanted to tell you." he stressed.

"But you didn't."

"That day you came to my house for the barbecue she called me Gina." Justin said beginning to explain. "She wanted to apologize for some stupid shit she did a couple of days before and give me back some stuff that I left at her place."

Gina rolled her eyes at the thought of Justin still having "stuff" at her place.

"She was all ready drinking when I met her and I didn't feel like arguing with her so I gave her hug goodbye. The paparazzo’s must have got that." he finished waiting for her response.

"Is that it?" she asked calmly, still refusing to look at him.

For a split seconds Justin actually questioned if he should tell her about the rest of the pictures. Thinking she only saw the cover, but he knew she was bound to end up seeing the rest.

"A few day earlier." Justin hesitated looking down at his hands. "She kissed me." he looked back towards her, trying to read her face, but was unable too. "There's pictures of that too."

"Why didn't you just tell me J? We weren't even together then."

"I wanted to Gina! I wanted to tell you that same day." he motioned outward with his hands "But the pressure from the cookout and meeting my mom. I didn't want to stress you out. "

"You should have been honest with me."

"I know." Justin shamefully looked down at his hands rubbing them together.

"Things are just happening too fast."

"No, Gina they're not." Justin wanted more than anything to convince her that what they had wasn't a mistake or just some fling. He liked her, a lot. He really did care for and wanted to be with her.

But in Gina's mind they both jumped into things to quick and like all good things, it was bound to fall apart. She just didn't expect it to go down like this. In less than two weeks they had gone through this whirlwind relationship with highs and lows, dream dates, arguments, flying across the ocean! They moved to fast.

"We have something Gina. Something special."

Gina finally looked up at Justin, seeing the sincerity in his eyes. "Are you sure?"

Justin looked up into Gina's eyes, she held this undeniable look on her face. She was thinking over everything that they shared together, all the moments they had. And when Gina looked back at him, seeing he held the same expression she did.

Regret


Song Credit: Dear Goodbye by JC


Incomplete
LaBellaAmor is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked Players Game also liked 500 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story