Red Light

Gina yawned as she walked out of the bathroom and headed downstairs to say goodnight to the girls. After washing up and slipping into some comfy pj's she was ready to hit the sack. The club had been a blast and now she was exhausted. She was surprised to hear everyone was wide awake judging by the noise coming from the living room. And now staring at her as she walked in.

"What?" she asked plopping down on the end of one of the sectional sofas next to Mandy, slipping her legs beneath the blanket. Silence. "Guys, what? Do I have something on my face?"

"No, but you should have." Vanessa said from the oversized chair across from her.

Gina stared at her dumbfounded. "Huh?"

"You plus hot guy you spent all your time with tonight? Ring a bell?" Layla asked curled up on the other end sofa.

"Oh who J?" She smiled just at the thought of him. What was getting into her?

Mandy started laughing. "J? Is that what he said his name was?"

"Yeah why, do you guys know him?"

All three girls started laughing at their clueless friend.

"Gina baby," Vanessa spoke up "that guy J you where with all night."

"Yeah?" She asked preparing herself for some date horror story.

"Was Justin Timberlake."

"WHAT!"



Justin flipped his small cell phone around in the palm of his watching the clock. 1:00pm, still kind of early. Opening the phone he scrolled through the list of names stopping at the one he programmed into it earlier that morning. The name that had been on his mind for the past 10 hours or so, the name he couldn't get out of his head. Gina. Flipping it shut he tossed it down on the cushion beside him reaching for the remote instead.  This is crazy. Uselessly he flipped through the stations not paying attention to anything that was on them. He has to get out of this house. Turning off the TV he got up grabbing his car keys on the way and headed out the door to the gym. Perfect place full of distractions. Tight assess, little clothing, sweat, just what he need. Hopping in his car he put the key ignition when he realized he forgot his cell phone. With out thinking twice he jumped out and ran back inside. Just case, for later on, just in case.


Girl you let me
Have my way and i was thinking i could get it again
Baby we could be friends if you lonely (ssh)
And you show me
Just how quick your tires could spin
You were off in the wind
Tell me were did you go

When you left (oh)
I'm thinkin which way did she go
I should have known that you would lead me on girl
Im in the wind on cruise control
I gotta be dreamin cuz i never felt like this before



Gina looked throughout the rack of small camisoles picking up a baby blue silk one and holding up it in front of her.

"What do you think of this one?"

Turning her attention from the tracksuits Vanessa eyed the shirt from behind her sunglasses. "Hmm, I don't know about the color. It's too baby-nursery."

"Really?" Gina asked feeling the soft material between her fingers. "I like it. With the right stone khakis or maybe even dark jeans..."

"Get the shirt Gina."

Gina smiled, she could be so picky. Walking over to a rack of wife beaters she went through them looking for her size. She needed something to change into because the LA temperature was on the rise and the t-shirt she had on just wasn't doing it.

"You all set?" Vanessa asked walking up beside her.

"Yup I'm just gonna get these two, you?"

Vanessa smiled holing up a light pink silk camisole similar to the one she was buying.

"Baby-nursery my ass." she laughed.



Stopping at the red light Justin turned up the air conditioner in his car. It was a hot day, maybe not the best day to be working out but he had to do something to keep himself busy. Glancing right he was beyond shocked at what he saw. You have got to be kidding me! Completely mesmerized he didn't notice the light turn green until he heard the honking from behind. Driving off slowly, pissing off the guy behind him, he kept his eyes on his side view mirror reaching for his cell phone. It was late enough.



It was supposed to be
Just a one night
In and out and I'm out the door
But she's got me sittin here
At the red light
Drivin round lookin out for her

It was supposed to be
Just a one night
In and out and I'm out the door
So why am i sittin here
At the red light
Drivin round lookin out for her
Lookin out for her



Gina adjusted the strap on the new wife beater when her cell started ringing to the beat of Inspector Gadget. Alerting her that person calling her was unlisted. Pulling it out she looked at the display 'Unknown'.

"Who is it?" Vanessa asked as they approached the restaurant.

"Hmm I don't know?" she said as it rang again.

"Well answer it. I'm gonna see if I can get us a table in the shade." Vanessa headed towards the desk outside the patio style restaurant while Gina let the phone ring once more before deciding to answer it.

"Hello?"


Justin smiled to himself at the sound of her voice leaning against the stone building across the street. Yeah he was taking a risk standing alone on a busy LA street with out security, but what other choice did he have? All right he could have called her from his car, but he much more enjoyed watching her instead. Besides he didn't want to loose her so he parking his car and walking, actually running by time he found he a spot, was not a bad thing. Kind of.


"Do you always walk around looking sexy like that?"
"Who is this?" 

His smile grew wider and he fought off the urge to laugh as he watched her look around for the culprit playing phone games.

"Oh now that hurts."



The butterflies took off in Gina's stomach when she realized who it was on the other end of the line. Smiling she pulled her sunglasses off the top of her head to cover her eyes.

"Don't try to hide now." Justin finally laughed "I already found you."

Gina couldn't help but laugh back. "Where are you?"
"Wouldn't you like to know." Slowly he made his way further down the street, closer to her but on the opposite side.

"Are you stalking me?"

"Maybe, would you want me to be?"

"That depends."

"Depends on what?"

"On what you plan on doing when you catch me."



Justin stopped dead in his tracks at her response. Damn, she was full of surprises. And she was right, what was he gonna do? She had to know who he was by now. One her friends had to figure it out . But she didn't seem to care.

"Did I loose you J?"

"Nah I here."

"Where?"

Looking around Justin spotted a small newsstand and quickly thought of an idea.

"Hello? You gonna tell me where you are?"



Gina looked up and down the street and even at some of the patrons eating but she could not spot Justin anywhere. This little hide and seek game he had going on was starting had her a little on edge.


"Not just yet." Justin finally answered her after a few seconds of silence. "Why, you in rush?"

"Maybe." she replied still looking. "So when?"

"Soon."

Gina jumped almost dropping her cell phone when someone tap her shoulder.

"Hi -"

Turning around she met small young boy instead of a tall manly one. Handing her a stick with some type of red ball on the of it he quickly running down the street.

"Hey wait! Ahh!" Just when she was about to go after him she felt another tap on her shoulder, this time is was Vanessa.

"I got us a table. What's that? A rose?" she asked.

Gina quickly put the cell phone back to her ear

"Be sure not to crush that one."

"J -"

Nothing, he hung up. Flipping it shut she looked across the street hoping to find him but only saw people walking about their business, none looking her way. Damn! I've just been played.


Justin laughed picturing her again in his head when she jumped thinking it was him behind her. He hoped she liked chocolate, if not it was the thought that counts. Heading back to his car he quickly tried to come up with the next play in the little game they were playing.

A game he was sure he'd win.


Song Credit: Usher - Red Light

© LaBellaAmor, JNB, 2007



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story