Drop It Like It's Hot




"You gotta help me."

Vanessa looked up from her salad, that she enjoying by the way, to see that Gina hadn't even bothered touching hers. She was too busy twiddling with that damn chocolate rose that Justin had hand delivered to her.

"Me?" she asked turning her attention again onto her food. "How am I suppose to help?"

Gina let out a small groan, she didn't like this feeling. Knowing that Justin could see her and she couldn't see him. She even had them sit inside the restaurant instead of on the patio. Finally putting the rose down she let out a small huff picking up her fork.

"Nessa!" she whined. "You're not helping."

Finally giving in Vanessa once again put down her fork and crossed her hands in front of her resting her elbows on the table.

"What do you want me to do?"



Justin pulled up to his home after an hour long work out at the gym. He was hot and sweaty but overall in a good mood. The little game he played earlier with Gina went off without a hitch, now he only needed to come up with another one. Something that could bring them a little closer next time, hopefully face to face. But first he needed to shower, badly.



Gina jumped off the couch and ran to the intercom to buzz Layla in. She was the last of the girls to arrive and everyone was anxious to see what Gina had in mind in this cat and mouse game that was going on.


"Hurry up girl, we don't have all day!." Mandy yelled as Layla dragged herself into the cool air-conditioned room.

"You do realize its 150 degrees outside right? It is too hot to rush anywhere." Layla grabbed a seat around the small table immediately pulling her hair up ready to listen to whatever they made her rush there for.

Gina went on to let the other 2 girls in on what happen earlier and none of them could believe that Justin had the balls to do that, all though they did agree it was pretty pimp. Especially Mandy, she didn't understand why Gina didn't just play along. "See what he will come up with next."

"Are you crazy!" Gina practically yelled out. "I don't want to be a pawn in his little game."

"But what he did was so sweet, and so cute. Imagine what he has planned next." Mandy pleaded. She was just a hopeless romantic.

"No, I don't want to imagine I want to plan. So here's the deal. Vanessa knows Arti."

"Marti." Vanessa interrupted.

"Whoops, yeah Marti. He's Justin choreographer. She called him-" Gina turned her seat towards Vanessa's "It's better you explain this part." Now all their girls turned to Vanessa. Who now was smiling ear to ear.

"I called Marti, asking him if he had time to take at a few ideas I had for this up coming Jennifer Lopez video. You know she called and requested me right? Me, out of all the -"

"Nessa please your killing us! We know!" Layla interrupted still feeling hot from being outside.

"Well homeboy just went ahead and practically gave me his entire schedule. Turns out him and Justin are practicing a couple of routines of their own today at Millennium."

"So what we are gonna do." Gina now interrupted causing all heads to turn her way. "Is go over there and -"

"Attack him." Vanessa interrupted causing Mandy to spit out her Lemonade.

"What!"

"We are not attacking him." Gina said getting up to get some paper towels.

"Yes YOU are!"

"It's not an attack really, it's more of a surprised." Gina reasoned seeing the skeptical looks on her two friends faces.

"So here's the plan."



It was a little after 4pm when Justin pulled up to Millennium studios. Despite the late hour the temperature still hadn't let up so her opted for a pair of loose fitting basketball shorts and a sky blue tank top. Jogging up to the front entrance he slowed down when a he saw a curvy blonde heading in the same direction.

"Here let me get that for you." he said holding open the door for her as they both reached the front entrance.

"Oh no thanks, I'm gonna grab a smoke before I head in."

'Ewww, nasty.' Justin thought. "Ok." Not even bothering to look back Justin headed into the studio to meet up with Marti. Even though he was still working on his album he had a few ideas he wanted to get out and today seemed best to do so.

"Hi Justin." The receptionist greeted as he passed by her desk. 'I would so do him.'

Justin smiled back thinking. 'She wants me.'



"The Eagle had landed." Mandy giggled into her Nextel causing Layla to bust out laughing from the back seat.

"Mandy!" Gina laughed.

"I repeat the Eagle has landed. And he has no butt at all!" she continued watching Justin head towards the studio from the parking lot.

Gina and Vanessa started laughing but quickly quieted down before someone had heard them.

"Oh and he's kickin it to some 2 dollar a bottle bleach Blond"

"See a Player. What did I tell you?" Gina said to Vanessa who was in the mirror applying some lip-gloss.

"All right Mandy. You guys stay there we'll be out soon." she said into the cell phone returning it to her purse.

Gina and Vanessa where held up in the women's bathroom at Millennium Studio since 4pm waiting for Justin to arrive. Of course he was late, giving Vanessa time to try and convince Gina to back out of the plan. But it was no use. Once that girl had her mind set on something it was gonna happen.

"Ok you ready?" Vanessa asked turning towards Gina.

"Yup. Down the hall, take a right, then two door to the left."

"Right light switch is on the inside wall to your left. Just reached you hand in there and you will feel it. Mirrors are on the wall to your right. If anyone sees you, you're looking for me."

"K, see you back at car."

Vanessa smiled "You sure you want to do this?"

"Yes now go." she said pushing her out of the bathroom. The Game has begun.

Vanessa headed down the hall to the main lobby and back to the reception desk.

"Hey Tracy, you sure Marti is here. I checked the studio and I couldn't find him."

Tracy gave Vanessa a strange look before checking her book again. "I'm sure he's here. His friend just showed up. Let me check if they switched studios."

"He's not expecting me till 5, but he said he wasn't busy. Maybe I should wait?" Vanessa was laying on the act on so well. She was even impressing herself.

"Oh no way Ness. I'll just page him to come out here and meet you. No biggie."

Tracy then to pick up the office style phone and a few seconds later her voice echoed through out the studio.

Marti, please come up to the front desk you have a visitor. Again Marti please come up to the front. Thanks.

Returning the phone to the receiver she looked up to the Vanessa who was trying her hardest not to smile too much. "He should be here any minute. So what have you been up to?"

"Oh you didn't know? Jennifer..."



"I wonder what that's about?" Marti said arranging the CD's in the player at the back of the room.

"You expecting anyone?" Justin asked stretching his arms.

"Not till later. My girl Vanessa suppose to stop by."

"Go check it out, it's not a problem. I have to stretch anyway." Justin walked to the front of the room to stretch out as Marti headed towards the door.

"I'll be right back."



Hearing the receptionist voice come over the intercom Gina hoped down from the bathroom counter and took a deep breath. Her heart was already racing but she knew she could back out now. All the steps where in place, now it was up to her. Heading down the hall she went over the directions in her head.

'Second door to my left, Mirror to my right' "Oh excuse me." she said not paying attention to where she was going and bumping into some.

"No problem." the young man said before heading off to his destination.

'Wow, that was close.' Gina now walked a little faster finally seeing the door she was looking for. Hearing music coming from inside she stopped to listen.


When the pimp's in the crib ma
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot


'Hmm, he got good taste in music.' she thought before realizing she was on a time limit. The hallways at Millennium where pretty dim so she knew once she turned off the light it was gonna get dark fast. Taking a peak in she didn't spot Justin right away until she heard his sneaker squeaked against the polished floors. There he was, in the front of room in quiet a position.

'Damn he doesn't have an ass.' she thought as he stretched out. Unable to see his face, she felt a little disappointed but quickly pushed that feeling away. Quickly running past door she looked at the back of room seeing the perfect spot to leave the items she was holding.

'K, it's now or never.'

Taking a deep breath she took one big step to the other side of the door and peaked in again to make sure Justin was in the same spot. He was. Reaching her hand in her heart was beating a hundred miles an hour before she finally found her mark. Closing her eyes she hit the switch.

"What the fuck?"



"Marti, hi!" Vanessa walked up the man greeting him with a hug, holding him a little longer than most. "How have you been?"

Marti smiled at her. 'Damn she was extra friendly today.' "Good, yourself?"

"Good, is now a bad time?"

"Umm yeah I was-" Marti stopped when he noticed that Tracy was missing. "Where's Tracy?"

"Oh I think her car alarm or something was going off so she went to check it out." Vanessa smiled leaning against the counter. "So did I tell you about JLo?"



Blinking his eyes, Justin tried to adjust them to the dark. "Is someone there?" he asked thinking he saw a figure in the mirror. Slowly making his way to the back of the room he heard a footstep and stopped. "Marti?"



Gina quickly walked over to the radio feeling around before placing the two items down next to it as best she could before turning around.

h shit, oh shit oh shit!' She could somewhat see Justin's figure heading towards the door and she had to make it there before him.

Both of them where headed in the same direction Gina had to act quickly. He was nearly two feet away from the light and her. Reaching into the side pocket purse she pulled out a coin throwing it across the room.

"Whose that!" Justin yelled loudly almost causing Gina to scream. Spinning around he tried to see if anyone was behind him.

Gina nearly jumped out of her skin he yelled so loud! Quickly she ran towards the door hitting the light switch before kicking the door shut.

"Hey!"

Gina bolted down the hall turning the corner quickly looking back before slowing down her pace. 'Damn that was close!'



Justin turned his head immediately once the light was back on, but saw nothing. 'Am I trippin?' he thought looking around the room. 'Damn, I'm trippin.'




Gina took a deep breath and headed towards the lobby just in time to see Vanessa and the guy she bumped into earlier heading her way.

"Hey there you are!" Vanessa exclaimed "Did you find the bathroom ok?"

"I think she got lost." Marti answered for her.

"WHAT!?" Vanessa thought their cover was blown before Gina interrupted.

"I bumped into him earlier. I took a wrong turn or something."

"Oh I see. Well I guess I'll see you later tonight then." Vanessa said turning her attention towards Marti was looking back and forth between the two girls a little confused.

"Yeah umm tonight. Just give me a call."

The two hugged good bye and Marti watched as the girls hurried out of the building. 'That was...strange.' he thought, making his way back to the studio. 'Very strange.'



"So what happen? Did you get to leave the stuff?" Vanessa asked as they made their way back to the car.

"Yeah, I did." Gina smiled. "But he almost caught me. I had to friggin throw things to get him away."

"What?"

Gina laughed. "I'll explain in the car. Let's just get out of here."



Marti walked back into the studio to see Justin sitting with back against the wall holding something in is hand with a cheshire cat size grin on his face.

"What's up you ok?" Marti asked unsure why his friend looked so, giddy. Spotting a red rose on the floor in between Justin's feet Marti was even more confused. "Where the hell you get that?"

"Someone left it for me." Justin said with that same smile as he picked up the rose to smell it.

"Where?"

"Here."

Marti was now more confused than ever.

"Here?"

"Yup along with this." Justin held up a small piece of paper with something scribbled on it.

"Hold up someone, who-? Oh shit!" Marti now completely understood what the hell was going on. "I just got played!"

Justin jumped up to his feet. "What did you see her?" he said heading towards the door with Marti on his tail.

"Fine, about 5'8", tan, light brown hair?" Marti described now running to keep up with Justin who was rushing to the lobby.

"Yep, that's her." Justin opened the front door and looked out to the parking lot. Nothing.

"I can't believe what just happen. She totally played me!"

"Who?" Justin asked now remembering Marti's convenient call up to the front desk. "Hold up what was your friends name again?"

Marti looked up, wearing the same grin that Justin was. "Vanessa."

"Ah." Justin said remembering the name.

"She played me." Marti said, shaking his head at the thought.

"Welcome to the game man. It's gonna be fun." Justin laughed. Once again looking over the short note realizing just how true it was.

Got Ya!!

 © LaBellaAmor, JNB, 2007



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story