Let’s Take a Ride


"This is getting ridiculous."

Layla looked around the table to see 3 sets of eyes staring back at her.

"You guys! Think of something."

"I'm actually enjoying it." Trace said leaning forward with a silly grin on his face.

"Of course you would be, you didn't have to pick petals out of his car!" Chris exclaimed.

For the past 48 hours their friends have been going at it with their little game and it was driving everyone nuts. First it was all fun but now it was just...annoying. It was like War of the Roses, literally.

"They need to just hook up and call it a night."

"Seriously!" Layla leaned back in her chair taking a sip of her ice tea. The 4 of them decided to meet up and call a truth after being dragged into the crazy game Justin and Gina had going on.

After Gina's play in the dark stunt at the dance studio Justin pulled off the ultimate all time girls fantasy and sent a TRUCK full of red roses to Gina's apartment. But Gina didn't think it was too cute when they filled her entire living room, entertainment room, and kitchen including the floors. How Justin got her address she didn't know, but being who he was she wasn't surprised. Not to be out done Gina had hired someone to fill Justin's Jeep Rubicon with rose petals, it took him and Chris over 2 hours to get them all out and now he was constantly complaining that it smelled like roses and he wouldn't drive it. After that it just continued, Gina wanted to kill some poor girl who kept dropping rose petals on the ground whereever she walked. She even tried to pay the girl, but she wasn't listening! And all that was only in two days! 48 hours!

"They need to get together, meet up." Mandy reasoned. "They haven't seen each other since that night at the club."

"Actually, " Trace interrupted "Justin saw her that day with the chocolate rose."

"Ahh, that's it we need to do something and we need to it quick!"




Gina jumped up from her bed when she heard someone knocking on the door. The girls where suppose to come pick her so they could all head out to eat and see a movie afterwards. She was dressed and ready to go on a nice relaxing girl’s night out. Not to forget she also had some good ideas for the game she was playing with J. After the girl with roses she knew she had to come up with something good.


"It's about-" Opening the door Gina was met with a stranger dressed in a black suit. "Who are you?"

"Good Evening Miss." The older man spoke with a heavy British accent. "Gina I presume?"

"Yeah umm I didn't know the girl's had hired a driver tonight. Let me just get my purse." Turning on her heels and almost tripping over a vase of roses Gina grabbed her purse off the side table and headed towards the door.

"So are the girls in the car? Oh and what's your name by the way?" Gina asked politely as they made their way outside.

"Harry." The man answered opening the door for her. "And no Miss the girls are not in the car. I was told to pick you up and proceed to my next address."

Gina stopped short when she saw a pearl white limousine parked outside her apartment. "Wait a minute. Did J put you up to this?" 'That’s sneaky little bastard' she thought, 'how's stupid does he think I am?'

"I do not know a J Miss, I was told by a Miss Layla Chavis to pick you up at this location and then to proceed to the next address."

"And where is the next address?" Gina asked still skeptical but a little less since Harry did know her friend’s name.

"That I can not tell you Miss." Harry went on to open the passenger door as Gina just stood there. "We are on a schedule Miss."

Hesitantly Gina walked towards the car and got in but not before pulling out her cell phone. "I’m calling Layla." she informed Harry to see if he would divulge any information.

"As you wish Miss." and with that Gina got in and Harry closed the door.

Looking around the pricey vehicle Gina was a little surprised to see all the amenities it held. Flat screen TV mounted inside the wall, a bottle of champagne was being chilled in a built in ice bucket and a full entertainment system with CD's all provided.

Pulling out her cell phone she dialed Layla's number which went straight to voice mail so she just left a message about the weirdest that was going on and for someone to call her ASAP. Hanging up she fiddled with a few CD's before finding one she like.


"Hey Harry? Do you know who we are picking first?" Gina asked when they stopped at a red light.

"No Miss, but we should be arriving shortly."

Gina let out a small huff as the privacy screen went up, separating her and the driver.

'Girls, what are y'all up too?'



Justin tied his sneakers as he finished getting ready to go out. He was really looking forward to a nice relaxing evening. He was also thankful that they where picking him up. His Jeep still smelled like roses and until he had the rugs cleaned he was not driving it. Spotting a pair of headlights pulling up the driveway Justin smiled as he ran downstairs and out the front door.


Gina felt the car come to a sudden stop causing the CD's to fall over the place.

"Dammit" she said out loud as she bent forward to pick them up. Hearing the passenger door open she turned her head.

"It about - YOU!"


Justin couldn't believe his eyes. He loved the view he got when he first opened the door but now he was completely caught off guard when he saw her face. 'Damn she was beautiful.'


Gina couldn't believe it either, there he was. Looking finer than the first time she'd seen him. How was that possible?

Both of them where completely silent, before Harry interrupted.

"Ahem, Mr. Timberlake if you could please enter the vehicle so we can be on our way."

Breaking out of his trance Justin slowly made his way into the limo taking a seat next to Gina who was not only confused but for some reason a little nervous.

"Did you?" they both said at the same time causing them both to smile.

Justin rubbed his palms on his jeans, he was getting nervous too.

"Our friends," Gina said realizing what was going on "they are slick."

"Yes, that they are."

Turning their heads they both finally made eye contact for what seemed like forever.

"So um should we call them?" Justin asked not sure what too say.

"I already tried, earlier." she explained not wanting him to get the wrong idea. "Besides, let's see what they have in plan."

Justin smiled, happy that she didn't want to back out of their little adventure. Reaching for the champagne, he watched as Gina scooted closer to the CD player giving him space to move closer to the glasses, and her.

"So what do you want to listen to?" Gina asked looking through the CD's even though she already knew what was there. She just didn't want to get stuck looking into his eyes again, they where so enchanting, it was like she couldn't look away. "We got, Beyonce, Marvin, Al Green, Alicia Keys, geez."

"What?" Justin asked noticing she stop reading the titles.

"Nothing they all are just so-"

"Romantic?" Justin asked causing her to blush. "You don't like that?" he pried trying to get to know her better.

"Yeah I do, its just that... how about Beyonce?" she asked not wanting to take the conversation any further.

Justin laughed that trademark Timberlake chuckle. "Beyonce's good." he said as Gina put the CD in before returning to her original spot. Which was also closer to him.

"What they get us?" she asked watching Justin untwisted the bottle in his hand.

"Cristal, girl. Only the best." Justin pushed on the cork of the champagne bottle causing it to go flying into the privacy screen.

"Whoa J!" Gina said laughing "I think you just gave Harry a heart attack."

Justin laughed as he poured each of them a glass. "He'll be fine." he said smiling as he handed her a glass. "To tonight."

Gina tapped her glass against his. "To tonight."

And what a night it will be.



"No, no! Do you know how long it took me and Chris to get those petals out?" Justin asked as they pulled up to Gina's apartment.

It was past 2am and they where just returning. After what Gina thought, had to be the perfect night, they where both still wide-awake feeling good. They went to the movies and had a complete theatre to themselves, then they went to a small bistro that was just about to close and had what Gina thought was the best hot chocolate ever. After that Harry drove them around the city and they just talked, and got to know each other better. They both had an amazing time.

Gina laughed. "Yeah but that was nothing. You should see, no smell my apartment. It's like a rose garden!"

Laughing they heard Harry open the door and get out.

"I had a really good time tonight J. Our friends are something else."

Justin just smiled "Yeah, you do have amazing friends."

"So umm I guess..." Gina felt completely nervous, something she hadn't felt around a guy in a long time. Well actually J was making her feel a lot of things she hadn't felt in a long time.

Seeing the nervousness in her, Justin reached for her hand. "Come on I'll walk you up."

Justin tapped lightly on the window causing Harry to open the door for them, letting Justin out first, followed by Gina who was still held onto his hand, but let go once she was completely out of the car.

Just as they where about to reach the front entrance Gina stopped when she heard the car down closed.

"Should we tell Harry to wait?" Gina asked noticing the man was now back in the vehicle.

"It's ok I can just call him." Justin replied

"Oh ok-" Gina stopped short again this time turning her body to face his. "You?"

Justin smiled, his hand in his pockets, as he rocked on his back heals. His plan had worked. It had gone over perfectly, better than he had imagined.

"I can't believe you..." Gina voice was nearly a whisper as she looked into Justin eyes seeing the happiness there. He had done all that for her, she just couldn't believe it. She felt so overjoyed and surprised that she thought she was gonna cry.

"J I.. I.." she didn't know what to say.

Justin took a step closer, closing the space between them, as he reached for her hand.

"Shhhh." Leaning closer he watched as her eyes slowly closed before placing a tender kiss on her lips.

"Justin, just Justin."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story