My Girl

"Hey Gina are you- Ow!" Mandy walked into Gina's bedroom and was hit square in the face by a flying shirt that was followed by an agitated scream.

"I take it you're not ready yet?" she asked walking into the master closet. Gina was pushing hangers aside and there was a pile of clothes on the floor. "Nope not ready. Well at least now you had a pair of jeans on." she teased.

Gina turned towards Mandy with a desperate look on her face. "I just don't know what to wear." she pouted. "It's hot outside but I don't want to show up wearing something skimpy to meet his mom!"

Mandy laughed. "Why you so nervous? I'm pretty sure his mom is not going to judge you by what you have on."

Giving her a doubtful look Gina returned her attention to the task at hand. Finding something to wear.

"Well we need to leave in about 30 minutes so I suggest you hurry."

"Alright," she pulled out a red loose but kind of form fitting shirt with spaghetti straps and red trim. "How about this?"

"Oh I like that!" Vanessa said walking in followed by Layla "When did you buy this? You weren't with me when you got this."

"You know that will look really cute but I think it's too ummm too much red?" Layla added.

"That's true." Gina held the shirt up one last time before throwing in the growing pile on the floor "Argggg what am I gonna wear?"

"Well you could go like that." Vanessa teased pointing out the bra and jean outfit Gina had going on.

Mandy decided to take over, it was getting late and they had to get moving. "Ok everyone move. Let me figure this out."

The three girls backed up, giving Mandy more room to look over Gina's shirts. "So you're most definitely wearing those jeans?"

"Yeah."

"K so let's go simple, everyone reach for a short sleeve."

All four girls turned their head's up towards the rack of clothes and pulled something out.

First Gina looked down at the shirt she had in hand. "Oh this is cute."

She was holding an off white light weight top, similar to a peasant shirt but shorter and without the long sleeves. It also had a thick silver band across the top giving it a straight neck line.

"That is cute." Layla commented.

"Cool then I have it? This is nice right?"

"Yes!" all 3 girls said at once.

Gina carefully pulled the shirt over head, as to not mess up her hair. She decided to wear it down with some loose curls, it looked very natural.

"So how do I look?"

"Girl, you look good so let's go!" Layla stepped out of the closet, as Vanessa and Mandy grabbed onto Gina's hands.

"But what about shoes?"




"Dude don't worry, she'll be here soon."

Trace walked into the foyer to see Justin was, once again, looking out the window.

"I know I was just checking for parking. More people are here than I thought."

And he was making sure he could escort her in. There where way more people there than he expected, something he was not happy about. But being the nice guy he was he didn't complain. He just hoped that it would be a small get together not a full grown house party. He also knew the second he walked outside with Gina people where going to be watching them. He had no problem with it, he wanted everyone to know she was his girl. Ha ha that sounded nice, his girl. But she on the other hand might not feel so comfortable with all eyes on her.

Trace walked over to the window to see the abundance of cars "I know man, its crazy all people that showed up. Who did you tell about this thing?"

"Chris."

"Oh that explains it."

"Yeah and telling Lance explains the blondes."

Another fact Justin wasn't too happy about. People at the party thought Justin was still single, still playing around. Fake tans and tits where in his face every five minutes proved that. And since this morning was their first time going out in public together the media frenzy had yet to start. So this was all new and he was expecting a lot of people to be hella surprised. Gina wasn't a celebrity, granted her dad was in the business, but she wasn't a Paris or Bijou, she was an everyday girl.

"Is that them?" Trace asked tipping his beer towards the car pulling up the drive.

Justin immediately spotted Gina sitting in the passenger seat of the the white Mercedes Benz. "Yup, that's my girl." he answered reaching for the door knob before Trace stopped him.

"Slow down man, your girl?"



"We are so late." Layla commented from the back seat as Vanessa parked in one of the few available spots.

"What time is it?" Gina asked removing her seat belt.

"8:30pm."

"Damn G, is this a house party or a barbeque?" Vanessa commented looking at all cars as they got out of hers.

"Yeah Gina, look's like you'll be meeting more than just his mom." Mandy said adding her two cents.

Gina felt a few seconds of nervousness, which she quickly overcame, she has nothing to worry about as long as her girls where there it was all good. Besides she was here to be with Justin not these other people. Then again would Justin have time to be with her with all these other people here? Brushing off the feeling she walked towards the front of the car along with the rest of the girls.

"Here we go." she said as they started to walk towards the front door.

Layla spotted Justin and Chris coming out the front door "Oh look we have a welcoming party." she said only loud enough for the girls to hear her.


"Ladies! It's about time, Justin's going cra-" Justin quickly stepped out in front of Chris, slapping him upside the head.

"Hey thanks for coming." he greeted heading straight towards Gina. "Did you find the place ok?"

"Yeah." Gina could not get the smile off her face. It came the moment she seen him and it just stuck. The look on his face, one of pure happiness, didn't help either. He was sporting a pearly white smile of his own.

"Cool, great. Let's go inside." Justin ushered them into the house locking his finger with Gina's.

"The food and everything is out back Chris and Trace can show you guys where."

"Yup I can get ya drunk." Everyone laughed at Chris quick wit breaking into small talk as they headed towards the back. Gina was about to follow suit when she felt a slight tug on her hand. Looking back she saw Justin standing there, not moving an inch.

"Are we?" Gina was cut off when Justin pulled her straight into his arms, resting his arms around her waist.

"Im so glad you're here."

Gina smiled reaching her arms around his neck, "Im glad I am too."

Dipping his head down Justin placed a soft kiss on her lips, pulling her closer. After a few seconds their lips parted and they where full blown kissing in his front foyer, allowing anyone to walk in on them any moment. A fact that quickly entered Justin's mind.

"Whoa." he said pulling his head back to look at her. The look in her eyes didn't help the situation at all, it was one of pure lust. Then the fact that she was now biting her bottom lip made things even worst. Trying to get his hormones in check he gave a small peck on the lips making her smile.

"It's getting hot in here, huh?" she asked realizing that her body was practically on fire.

Justin laughed "Yeah, something like that." Stepping back but still holding onto one of her hands he licked his lips before taking a step towards the back of the house.

"Come on I want you to meet someone." he said pulling her in the opposite direction of the kitchen and down some stairs.

"Ok." she commented coolly but inside she was beginning to freak out. That kiss was, damn, if she had her way they would in his bedroom right now. That feeling alone was killing her.

But once she realized who exactly she was about to meet the feeling vanished and one of nervousness took on. She felt the butterflies take off at full speed and was trying her hardest to act casual. But who was she kidding she was hella scared! She was about to meet his mom, the woman who in his direct words was "His Best Female Friend!" 'Calm down Gina, it's not a big deal.' she encouraged herself.

"I'm really glad you came." Justin commented as they made their way down the hallway.

"Me too." Gina's response with a short answer. She was too busy trying to calm herself down inside to have a conversation.

"Hey you're not nervous are you?" Justin asked knowing very well she was. He could tell by the look she gave him. Shit he was nervous too, how couldn't he be. It was more than important to him that his mother like his girlfriend, her opinion matter a lot to him.

"A little." Gina confessed looking up towards Justin who held a silly grin on his lips.

Stopping he turned to face her, grabbing onto her other hand. "There's nothing to be worried about. I promise."

Gina let out a deep breath. "Ok, I'm being silly."

"Yes you are" he said letting go of one of her hands and continued walking. "Besides you have nothing to be nervous about. My mom's cool."

Gina gave him a smile hearing the music of the Temptations and voices coming from the room up a head. Justin gave her hand a squeeze and a wink before they entered. Automatically setting her mind at ease knowing that he was with her.


I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl).
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey
Ooooh.


There where about 5 people, all older adults, sitting around a card table and Gina spotted Justin's mom instantly it was almost instinct but more from the way the woman's eyes lit up upon seeing her.


"Hi!" came the woman's southern drawl. "You must be Gina."

Gina smiled, all of her butterflies flew away and this welcoming feeling washed over her.

"Hi Lynn?"

Lynn stood up greeting her with a warm hug. "You are so pretty!" The woman gushed causing Gina's cheeks to heat up.

"Thank you, it's nice to finally meet you."

"You too. Besides on the phone." Placing an arm around Gina's shoulder she introduced her to everyone at the table. Her husband Paul, their friends Patty and Jim visiting from Tennessee and Justin's manager Johnny.

Justin stood back and watched the interaction between the two women. He couldn't of been happier, it's like they where old friends, he could tell automatically that his mother liked Gina and vice-versa. Seeing them laugh together brought a smile to his face.

"So we are gonna head back upstairs." he interrupted before the conversation got into something long, like shopping.

"Oh ok, be sure to come back down before you leave Gina."

"I will."

Locking his fingers with Gina the two headed out the room to join the party going on upstairs.

"See that wasn't too bad." Justin commented as they back upstairs.

"No not at all. Your mom is very nice, I like her."

"Good, cause we like you too." Justin winked at her making her stomach do a little flip. "Ready to eat?" he asked opening the back door.

"Yup." she stepped out onto the patio turning her head away from him to look for the girls "I hope you made cheese- Wow"



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story