Author's Chapter Notes:
Right here with you is right where I belong.
I lose my mind if I can't see you.
Without you there's nothing in this life
That would make life worth living for.
I can't bare the thought of you not there;
I can't fight what I feel anymore

Need To Be Next To You- Sixpence None The Richer
Three Months Later


It’s amazing how much things can change in the span of a couple months. Kaden and I are finally out of my mom’s house and are now moved COMPLETELY into a house of our own. It’s a simple three bedroom house with a two car garage. The house also comes fully equipped with an upstairs, and an attic. The master bedroom is downstairs. It sits on like 5 acres of land that makes for a beautiful view outside my kitchen window. Ever since I lived in that dreadful apartment this is the kind of house that I’ve wanted. I wanted to keep the decorating on the inside simple, just the way the house is. The most over extravagant thing in the house that we have is a beautiful brand new dining room set, new stainless steel refrigerator, stove, living room set, and TV. Yeah, ok, that’s a lot. But it’s still pretty basic. Just the way I like things. The cool thing is it’s like…a block away from my mom.

I know, I know, but I couldn’t resist. I love my mom, and I like her being close.

Oh, and things with Justin are GREAT! Honestly, it’s hard to believe how great things are. When I think back on these past few months I can see the three of us slowly becoming a family. Of course it’s not your everyday Cleaver family, but it’s our own family. It’s just as functional and dysfunctional as anyone else’s.

What’s hard to believe is- knock on wood “ that Justin and I haven’t had a fight yet. Well, ok, we’ve had a few little, minor arguments. But that’s all.

I groaned as I popped an arm out the covers to reach for my annoying cell phone that was ringing away on my nightstand.

I squinted my eyes to see who was calling and then looked over at the clock and saw that it was 4:30 in the morning.

I groaned…well more like growled…as I flipped open my phone and mumbled out a greeting, “This better be good.”

“Happy Birthday Baby!” I heard the voice of my boyfriend call out…oddly chipper for this hour of the day.

I rolled my eyes and let my head fall back into the pillow, and covered my head back up with my covers, “You called to tell me this at four thirty in the morning?” I said into my phone.

“Yes I told you last night that I would call you the first time I woke up.”

“At four thirty, wait; no make that four thirty one in the morning?” I mumbled as I closed my eyes again and nestled further down in my pillow.

“Yes, and guess where I am?”

“I would like to think at home in your bed where every other sane person would be on a Saturday, but for some reason I have a feeling you aren’t.” I said pushing the covers off my head and settled for being covered up just to my shoulders.

“You would be correct. I am standing outside your bedroom door with a box of doughnuts and a cup of your favorite coffee from Starbucks.”

My ears immediately perk up at the mention of Starbucks.

“Really?”

“Yes, open your door and find out.” He said as he chuckled.

“Why didn’t you just come on in?” I asked groggily as I smiled and threw the covers off the rest of my body and sat up. The cold air hit my legs as I swung them to the side of my bed. It was the beginning of February and it was still pretty cold here in Tennessee. I probably didn’t have the best choice of PJ’s for the middle of February, but I am a very hot natured person. I was only wearing a long t-shirt, and of course underwear. I’m not that trashy.

“That would take away from the element of surprise.” He said.

I began to walk to my bedroom door, and smiled when I saw him standing before me with a box of doughnuts in one hand and a Venti size cup of coffee that smelled heavenly in the other. We both closed our phones, and he wrapped me in a hug. God at six in the morning he still smells good. But I guess when you’re Justin Timberlake you can’t go anywhere without looking nice and smelling good.

“Happy Birthday.” He said smiling down at me as he pulled back from our hug. He handed me my coffee and I breathed it in closing my eyes.

“Thank you.” I said as he leaned down and pecked me on the lips. I can’t say that I really blame him since I had just woken up and was probably a victim of morning breath.

I grabbed his free hand and led him further into the room. I sat back down on my hand, and took a sip of my coffee.

“Might I say that you’re choice of night wear is extremely sexy.” He said as he sat across from me on the bed.

“You should see what I wear to bed in the summer.” I said raising an eyebrow smugly. I took another sip of my coffee and smirked at him. God, I can’t believe it’s this early in the day and I’m already flirting.

“Hmm what’s that?” He asked curiously.

I smiled as I sat my coffee on the nightstand. I reached across where he sat and grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him slowly toward me as I leaned back against my pillows. “Nothing.” I said as my lips grazed his.

“Summer can’t get here soon enough, but I’m sure we can improvise.” He said closing the space between us with a kiss. I giggled against his lips as I sunk further down into my bed. He chuckled in response as he kicked off one of his shoes and proceeded to do the same with the other. He moved down to my neck, and I sighed.

“Since it’s my birthday can I vote that we stay here all day?” I asked as Justin lifted his head to look down in my eyes.

“As tempting as that sounds…we can’t. I have the day planned out for you. Plenty more surprises where the early morning coffee, doughnuts, and make-out session came from.”

“And this day starts off at 4:30 in the morning?” I asked. He obviously doesn’t know me as well as he thinks he does. Not even my birthday will drag me out of bed at 4:30 in the morning.

“No, it doesn’t officially start until around 9:30ish. This part wasn’t actually planned until I woke up about 3:30 and thought about you. And you weren’t next to me so I decided to do something about that. The coffee and doughnuts was a peace offering.” He said smiling at me.

“Well, I can say that this is the best birthday morning ever.” I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

“As much as I would enjoy taking this little romp further I just went to bed about two o’clock. So what do you say we pick up where we left off later tonight?”

“Is that a promise?”

“More like a threat.”

“That’s the best threat I’ve ever heard.” I said as he made his self comfortable on the other side of me.

“I love you.” He said as he pulled me closer to his side.

I smiled as I nestled my head between his shoulder and his neck, and placed my right arm across his chest. “I love you too.”

More than he will ever know.




The rest of the morning after we woke up was spent having Breakfast with Kaden. For my birthday Kaden got me a pre-paid, by him, day at a spa outside of Memphis. I think his Dad had a little help with that, but I loved it none the less. I mean what woman wouldn’t?

The day continued on with Justin and me going shopping. He insisted, well more like forced, me to let him buy me some clothes. Or anything else that I wanted. Of course I hated it, but I loved it at the same time. So I got two new outfits, and a new purse out of it.

Then of course the day progressed into the evening and he had some special dinner planned. I thought letting him buy me some clothes was the extent of it, but turns out I was wrong.

So here we are now, at a fancy Italian restaurant that I can’t even pronounce looking over a menu. I’m dressed in a simple spaghetti strap mid thigh length black dress. Every girl has got to have a little black dress. He’s looking mighty delicious in a black dress shirt and a pair of charcoal gray slacks. He’s has his little curls gelled into spikes that just make him look even sexier.

I am glad that the menus are really tall so he can’t see me practically drooling over him. Thank god we’re in a more isolated part of the restaurant because everyone else would see me making googly eyes at my boyfriend.

“Keel.” I heard Justin call with a little force.

“What?”

“I called your name three times. What were you thinking about?”

Oh, you know, about how I want to throw you down on this table and make love to you right here. “Nothing.” I said looking back down at my menu.

“Have you decided what you want?”

You. “I’m not sure. What are you getting?”

“Chicken Fettuccini. Baby, are you alright? You look a little flushed.”

I smiled and waved it off, “Yeah, I’m fine. I just got hot all of a sudden.”

“Ok.” He said as he closed his menu and placed it back on the table.

“I think I’ll have the same as you. It sounds good.” I figured it was safe to go with what he was getting.

He grabbed my hand, and smiled, “I got you something else for your birthday.”

“Justin, you’ve already done enough. You didn’t have to get me anything else.”

“Consider everything else as payment for all the other birthday’s I missed. This next one is your real present.”

“What is it?” I asked smiling.

I saw him smile back as he stood up from his chair.

Good lord if I didn’t want to throw him down more now then I did five minutes ago. Getting the whole view of him…is just…he is lethal.

I saw him reach into his pocket, and kneel down in front of me. It took a moment for it to register in my sex filled mind what he was doing.

When he began to talk I felt the butterflies flutter in my stomach, and my mouth suddenly go dry.

“Keeley ever since I was fourteen I’ve known that you’re the woman for me. I know it took me a while to realize that, and I made a lot of mistakes where you and I are concerned. But our time apart made me realize just how much I love you. You’re my best friend, my baby mama,” He said with a chuckle, “you’re truly everything to me, and I know I couldn’t live a day without you. I know I couldn’t because I’ve tried and it felt like half of me was gone. I tried to fill that void with other women and I came close a few times, but none of them could even hold a candle to you.”

I swallowed hard, and I felt a few tears run down my cheeks.

I’m sorry! I can’t help it.

He sighed and pulled his hand out of his pocket and retrieved a small velvet box. He opened it and said, “Will you marry me?”

I smiled like someone had offered me the world. Well, actually, in my opinion he had done just that.

I cried, smiled, and laughed all at the same time as my response came out, “Yes.”

He looked like I had lifted ten thousand pounds off his shoulders. Like he honestly believe that I would turn him down? He laughed happily as he pulled me into his arms for a hug.

“I promise I’ll make you happy for the rest of my life.” He said as he pulled back and took the ring out of the box and slid it onto my finger. He kissed the palm of my hand and the stared into my eyes.

“Did you honestly think that I would say no?” I asked smiling as I touched the side of his face.

“Well I figured the baby mama joke ruined my chances.” He said smiling.

“Nope. I wouldn’t want any other woman being your baby mama but me.”

He kissed me gently on the lips, “Neither would I baby.”

Then he laid the mother of all kisses on me, and after what seemed like an hour of not coming up for air. He pulled away and returned to his seat.

I swallowed hard. How could he do that and then get back up in his chair like nothing happened?

“You know if proposing to me in this romantic setting was your whole reason for coming here I think your mission has been accomplished.” I said. My lips were swollen and had a little too much color no thanks then Timberlake sitting across from me.

“Well yeah but don’t you want to eat?”

I laughed nervously, “Not when I’ve been fighting the urge to sex you up in that chair for the past,” I said as I looked at my watch, “thirty minutes. Then you go and kiss me like you just did?”

“What’s stopping you?”

“I do have a little bit of decency in me.” I said

“It never stopped you before.”

“Well…times have changed.” I said picking up my menu again, “But if you want to eat that’s fine by me.” I said as I turned my attention on what I was reading on the menu.

I smiled when I heard the sound of Justin’s chair scoot back, and then felt him grab my hand. I pulled my hand from his grasp, “You know I am kind of hungry.” I said.

He grabbed my hand again and pulled me up, “Don’t play with me girl.” He said with a sly smile.

I bit my lip as I wrapped my arms around his neck, and kissed him again. Except this time I got as close to him as I could and began to slowly grind my hips. I smiled when I felt him moan into my mouth, and I knew I had him.

I pulled away with a growl of protest from Justin. I smiled and whispered into his ear, “Still hungry?”

“Nope.” He said as he swallowed hard. I giggled as he grabbed my hand as he quickly led us toward the exit of the restaurant.

Once we reached his car he pressed me up against the car, and said, “That wasn’t funny.”

“I never said it was.” I said smiling sexily.

“You’re going to pay for that when we get home.”

“Promise?” I say as I push him back so I can open my door.

“Swear.” He said as he helped me up into the Escalade.

“I’ll hold you to it.” I said as I sat in the passenger seat.

“Kaden’s at your mom’s right?”

“Yep.”

He smiled as he shut my door, and walked around to the driver’s seat.

Finally.

I finally have the man that I fell in love with all those years ago back. For a while I thought that he was lost in the Justin Timberlake that everyone else knew. But when God led me back into his life, or he into mine whichever you prefer, I found him again.

I looked down at my ring sparkling in the moonlight back at me, and I couldn’t believe that after all these years my one dream that I wanted was going too soon come true.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story