Author's Chapter Notes:
Well...this is it folks. The last chappy. : ( I am sad to see it end and I tried to think of ways to keep it going with out dragging it out to much but didnt come up with anything that fit what I wanted except this chapter here. I am content with the result and I dont think I could have thought of anything better. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it! I should have another story up soon...I hope! LOL. I love you guys so much for all the AWESOME feedback you've given me! You guys ROCK!
It’s been two blissful years since Justin finally made an honest woman of me, and I still couldn’t be any happier than I am right now.

Well ok, I guess I could.

Unbeknownst to Justin I have a doctor’s appointment today at 9 and it should confirm my suspicions of whether I really am sick and it only comes in the mornings or if I am pregnant and have…well…morning sickness.

I really hope it’s the last statement. Kaden is everything to me and always will be, but to have another child with the man that I love would be…amazing.

It would be amazing to know that I am giving him everything that he missed out on with Kaden again, and have the chance to experience first hand how amazing a newborn can be. And to know that the instant their little hand wraps around your finger that your life has been changed for the better.

But anyway I don’t want to get my hopes up just yet. I mean I am in my thirties. I mean I know you can still have children when you’re in your thirties but I also know that for most the chances are slim.

I also don’t want to get Justin’s hopes up either, which is why he still believes that I am just sick. He’s a male and he doesn’t put two and two together as easily as we women do.

I open my eyes with a smile. After the past two years I still haven’t gotten used to waking up with my ring sparkling in the morning sun light. I push myself up on my elbows and look to my left and see Justin softly snoring into his pillow, and I ease myself out of the bed so I don’t wake him.

I quietly make my way to the bedroom door, and began my trek to the kitchen. I yawn and scratch my head as I reach my destination, and smile when I see my son sitting at the counter eating cereal.

“Good morning.” I say as I place a kiss on his cheek.

Kaden smiles back at me and places a kiss on mine, “Good morning to you. What are you doing up this early on a Saturday?” He asks me turning back to his bowl of cereal.

“I have a doctor’s appointment in an hour.” I said as I walked over to the fridge and pulled it open. I glanced at some left over Spaghetti from the night before and instantly felt a wave of nausea wash over me. I quickly shut the door behind me and leaned up against it.

“Mom are you alright?”

I swallowed hard and opened my eyes, “Yeah I’m fine. I just felt a little nauseous just now. I’ll be fine.” I said pressing a hand to my head and walked over to the coffee maker. I guess coffee will have to do for the time being.

“Is that why you’re going to the doctor today?”

I began to pour myself a cup of coffee and answer my son, “Yeah. I have my suspicions, but I’m going to be fine either way.”

“Need me to give you a ride?”

“I’ll be alright, but thank you.” I said as I took a sip of my coffee. The moment the liquid went down my throat I instantly regretted it. I made a sour face and poured the remaining down the sink. “I don’t think that was what my taste buds were wanting this morning.”

“That’s a first for you.” Kaden said suspiciously.

Before he could ask any more questions I began to head back for the stairs to get dressed for my appointment, “I have to start getting ready. I’ll see you in a little bit.” I called as I began to climb the stairs. I reached my bedroom door, and quietly opened it to find Justin no longer in the bed. I smiled when I heard the flushing of the toilet in our adjacent bathroom, and him coming through the door. He looked like a walking zombie as he shuffled his way back to the bed falling into it. I smiled and quietly made my way to the closet and grabbed my clothes for the day, and headed toward the bathroom.

Once I stepped into the shower the butterflies began. In less than an hour I would know if I was a pregnant woman or not. As the warm water gently massaged my back I instinctively rubbed my stomach. I never knew how much I really wanted to have another child until I realized how happy I was with Justin. Sure we had discussions on more children and we decided to just let it happen, no planning, just to let nature run its course. Honestly I’m glad we decided to do it that way because planning it out would just make the joy of making another life more stressful than it really should be.

At that moment I felt the ache that my body had for a child. If it was really possible to feel something like that, I just did. At this moment I decided that if the doctor’s results turned out to be negative and I really was just sick, I seriously wanted another baby.




I bit my bottom lip nervously as I walked into our home. I shut the door behind me and placed my purse and car keys on the foyer table. I ran a hand through my hair and made my way further into the house. I finally reached the kitchen and looked out the French doors leading to the backyard to see Kaden and Justin playing basketball. I smiled and opened the doors and stepped out onto the patio.

“You don’t want none of this.” Justin said dribbling the ball as he ran around Kaden and shot the ball through the hoop.

“Oh come on. You can’t count that, you pushed me!” Kaden protested.

“I did nothing of the sort. Just except that you got whooped by your old man.” Justin said slapping him on the shoulder.

“You may can whoop me at basketball but I could run circles around you playing a guitar.” Kaden said wiping his face off with the towel around his shoulders.

I smiled to myself. I still had yet to be noticed by either one of them. I looked fondly over my son and I have to say I have done a pretty good job raising him. I still can’t believe that he is now legally an adult, and about to graduate high school in a few months. Honestly, I don’t think I’m ready to accept it.

Justin laughed at Kaden’s remark. “I wouldn’t doubt that.” He said turning around to grab a bottle of water but stopped when he noticed me. “Hey baby!” He said jogging over to me, and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. “How’d your appointment go?” He asked wiping more sweat off his forehead with a towel.

“It went good.” I said with a little edge of nervousness.

He looked at me curiously, “Just good? Did they find out why you’ve been so sick.”

“Yep.”

“Well?”

“Well…” I said trying to hide my smile, “You do realize that everytime I’ve been sick it’s been in the mornings right?”

He nodded with a look that asked what that had to do with anything, “Yeah. So?”

“Well when people are pregnant that generally happens for the first couple of months, and it turns out that I am.”

He blinked twice and looked at me, “You’re pregnant?”

“Yeah, she said I was three months along. My first appointment with the OBGYN is in the next week.”

He laughed and pulled me into a hug, “We’re gonna have a baby.”

“Yep and we’re gonna be old farts for parents too.” I said laughing.

“But we’ll be the hottest old farts on the block.” He said, “Did you suspect this all along?” He asked me.

“Well not at first but after it kept coming in the morning I began to get suspicious. I honestly thought we would go through our life with just Kaden and I was fine with that, but this morning I realized how much I really wanted another baby. I want to give you everything that you missed out on before.”

He smiled and simply replied with a kiss on the cheek, “So do you want to tell Kaden or should we tell him together?”

“Let’s tell him together.” I said as we began to walk over the basketball court where Kaden was shooting the ball back and forth to the hoop.

At this moment I knew that this is all I ever wanted, and that I couldn’t have been happier if you had told me I won the lottery. Because, honestly, I think I did.
Chapter End Notes:
Alright I think that was a little short, but I still like how it ended. Well! Dont Just sit there! Tell me what you think! Go on!

Completed
Jamie Lynn is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 11 members. Members who liked The Hard Stuff also liked 398 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story