VH1 All Access
Justin and McKayla: So Amazing

Justin stands in front of the camera, his arms are folded solidly across his chest and he stares at the camera, almost intimidatingly. The backdrop behind him is plain white, and the camera is zoomed in on his face and chest. The blue shirt he wears is typical Timberlake attire.

"So," he says, "you wanna know about me, huh? You wanna know what I get into when I have some 'down time?'"

Justin made the quotations with his fingers before folding his arms again.

"Well, keep the channel right here to find-."

An arm comes from the right of the screen, shoving Justin to the side. McKayla steps into view, hands on her hips. Her eyes roll as she stands next to her husband. His tough persona disappears and he steps to the side to share the space with her.

"You mean they wanna know about us, right?"

"That's what I meant. Me, and my sidekick, Kayla."

Justin slings an arm around her shoulders, and smiles for the camera. He pretends not to notice McKayla as she narrowed her eyes on him and sucked on her teeth. Then she turned back to the camera, smiling that "McKayla" smile.

"With all my experience in life, I have two pieces of wisdom to offer you. First, whatever you do, don't marry Justin Timberlake."

Justin frowned next to her, dropping his arm from her shoulders.

"Secondly," she continued, "make sure you stay tuned for our VH1 reality special, Justin and McKayla: So Amazing."

"Follow us for a couple of weeks as we finally get a break from our hectic schedules."

"See what it's like to hang with us."

"And what really goes on behind the scenes when you're married to her."

McKayla shot him a look as he continued.

"Stay tuned to watch me as-."

"Us!" McKayla's eyes rolled again.

"What?"

"Us. Not you, us."

"Do you always have to argue with me?" Justin turned to her, his hands raised in question.

McKayla's eyes widened as she turned to face him.

"Are you kidding me? Me pick fights with you? You always start with me. And why do you always say it's my fault?"

Justin's eyes rolled and he turned towards the camera, taking a step forward as McKayla rambled on behind him.

"Look, just stay tuned for the show. Aiight?"

The screen faded to black as Justin turned back to his wife, their argument continuing.

"You do always do it."

"Like you don't do everything in your power to provoke me, Justin."

He let out a sigh, his hands resting on his hips as he tosses the camera bored, yet annoyed look.

She's Real
Summer, winter, spring, and fall
I'll be around to catch your calls

He's Honest
Cause you're my baby (you're my baby)
And I adore you
You always brighten up my day
I never ever let you wait

There's Truth
Cause you're my baby (you're my baby)
And you're amazing

It's Their Reality

Cause you're my baby (you're my baby)
And you're amazing (so amazing)


Justin and McKayla: So Amazing

"I Don't Know Why We Decided To Do A Reality Show!"

Produced by: "The Managers".
Cinematography by: The Malone-Timberlake's.
Starring: "Randy" and "Michelle".
Special Appearances by: "The Assistants" and "The Bodyguards".

 

*~*

"Well, it started because I had just come back from my tour." Justin appears to be in the kitchen, watching over a sandwich sizzling on the stove. "Actually, the tour was on pause. I had finished the uh, the American tour, but we were going for the UK tour in three weeks. McKayla had been doing a film role up in Canada, in the hills. So it was the first time in awhile that I wasn't following her on some project, or she wasn't following me on some project."

"First we had to head over to Europe." McKayla is seated on a plush burgundy chair. The piece of furniture is so large it almost swallows her as she sits with her denim clad legs crossed. "I was doing a remix to one of my songs for a movie soundtrack. We were supposed to be having a little mini-vacation together, but, it was some big opportunity that Nick said I HAD to do. Justin wanted to tag along. He likes being in the UK, going to the disco. I was amped to do a track with Thunderpuss. He's worked with Christina Aguilera in the past, and I really like him."

A brown leather door is pushed open by an unseen hand, and the camera shakily moves forward. McKayla comes into view, sitting in a black leather executive chair infront of the soundboard of the studio. Next to her is the engineer.

"There he is," she says. "Where you been baby?"

"I went to walk around. Look at this watch I bought."

It becomes apparent that again Justin is the one behind the camera as he holds out his wrist. McKayla leans forward to inspect the platinum watch.

"Like you needed another watch. It's nice though."

"I know it! What are you doing now? Is Thunder gone?"

"Yeah. Me and Carlo are just messin around. Listen to this track we came up with."

McKayla looks to Carlo, and smirks while pushing a few buttons. Soon the room fills with music. A rough pop beat, accentuated by an electric guitar. It was amazing what you could do in the studio now of days. You could do an entire song with a single instrument having entered the room. McKayla's voice began to flow through the speakers, and Justin listened to the words. It was 'Sly Baby'. McKayla doubled over in her own laughter, and Justin turned the camera to show himself, his expression stating that he was clearly worried about the girl.

The camera turned to land on Eric, standing guard in a corner. The big man has his arms folded, and when he notices Justin, he meerly shrugs. The camera flips to Justin again.

"Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing here. Really, I do."

When the camera turns back to McKayla, she is engaged in a round of Sly Baby with Carlo, and surprisingly it matched up with the beat of the song. When Carlo slipped and flipped his hand when he wasn't supposed to, McKayla let out a hollar and raised her hands over her head.

"The winner and still the champion: McKayla 'Baby 1, Baby 2' Malone!"

Justin's hearty chuckle could be heard as McKayla cheered for herself. The camera panned back to him, and he again gave the look. When he turns the camera back to McKayla, the track has changed to the one she'd previously recorded with Thunderpuss, and she is spinning in fast circles in her executive chair.

The screen blackens for a moment and when it comes back, Justin and McKayla are in an elevator. Justin's holding the camera infront of himself, and their reflections can be seen in the golden doors. Justin's wearing a creme sweater and blue jeans. McKayla in a brown and creme silk top and jeans. They're making faces, crossing their eyes and sticking out their tongues.

"I still don't see why you insist on carrying this thing everywhere we go," McKayla said, reaching for the camera resting in the palm of his hand.

Justin holds it up in the air, over her head, until she stops trying.

"Because, I wanna remember shit."

"Stop smokin' weed, that might help."

The camera barely catches the look he gives her.

"Funny." His voice drips with sarcasm as the elevator doors open and they step into the lobby. "What I meant was, because I want to be able to look back on all the stuff we do. One day we might not remember being here, or you making that weird song."

"That song was the bomb. It's going to number one."

Justin scoffed, "If your Sly Baby remix goes to number one, I will strip naked on TRL and shake it to the video."

"And I'm sure that will also be the only time MTV charges for seats."

The camera turns away from McKayla and towards two girls on the sidewalk. They are antsy and giddy with excitement, markers and papers in their hands.

"Hi," they say in unison. Their eyes glazed over at the sight of Justin Timberlake.

"Hi."

"Can--can we have your autograph?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure."

The camera jiggles, and then McKayla can faintly be heard saying, "here, gimme."

The focus becomes steady again and Justin is standing infront of the girls, scribbling his name on notebook papers. Eric is close by his side.

"Have you guys been standing out here the whole time? It's cold!"

The girls just laugh, their ability to converse paralyzed by the sight of their idol.

"Can I have a picture with you too?" One girl, a pretty brunette with braces asked.

"Yeah sure, real quick though."

Justin puts an arm around her shoulder as her friend stepped infront of them, disposable Kodak in her hand.

"Why do ya'll like him?" McKayla asked. "He's not even that cute."

"Ignore her," Justin said. "She's having sanity issues."

~*~

"Justin is a lot more extroverted than I am. He's the one who says what's on his mind, and doesn't have a problem with looking silly. I'm alittle more, uh, hesistant to draw attention to myself like that. But that's what keeps things interesting with him."

"I haaate you but I loooove you, I can't stop think-in' oooof yooou. It's truuuuuuuue, I'm stuuuuuuuuuuuuck on you."

McKayla is holding the silver camcorder, watching her husband sing his nasally little heart out to Staci Orrico on the radio. He danced to the beat in the drivers seat, bobbing his head from left to right.

"I can't take it, la la la la la la." He improvised the lyrics he didn't know. "My hearts still breaking, ba ba ba ba ba ba. And I can't take it, do do do do do FAIR! I hate you but I love you, I can't stop think-ing ooooof you. It's truuuue, I'm stuck on you. I'm stuck on yooooooooou."

He ended with a cheesy grin in her direction before he reached forward to turn down the stereo.

"Now who's theme song does that sound like it could be?"

"Theme song?"

"Yeah. I hate you but I love you. Can't stop thinking of you. Can't take it, stuck on you. Sound like familiar feelings?"

"Your and your Mom?"

He dropped his chin to his chest and glared at her through his eyelashes. She giggled.

"I'm kidding. I love Lynn," her voice dropped to a mutter, "Crazy woman."

Justin looked at her sharply and she changed the subject.

"Jay, don't you love being married to me?" She set the camera on the dash.

"It's peachy."

She rolled her eyes. "Seriously."

"Well, of all the pains in my ass you're definately the cutest, I can tell you that."

McKayla's brow furrowed. What exactly was it that she'd seen in him again?

"That's so romantic," she muttered.

"I know it." He leaned forward, puckering his lips.

McKayla giggled. He kind of resembled a goldfish. Regardless, she gave him a kiss to pacify him.

"Now, tell me what is the big emergency that means you have to go in for a sound check in the middle of your break?" She twisted a small section of her hair around her finger as she looks out the passenger window.

The summer months had come and gone, and the sky was dark gray.

"Well, I guess something happened with the board and the speakers, so they ordered all new ones. So now we've gotta re-do all the settings, blah, blah, blah."

"Why don't you just do that when you get to Europe? At a sound check or something?"

"You know how long it takes to mark the board for an entire show, Kay. No way we'd be able to fit that into a sound check."

McKayla nodded. She knew.

Inside the arena, a large stage is setup in the middle of the floor. The music echos off the walls as crew members milled around the open room. A small section of folding metal chairs is setup between the stage and the sound board. McKayla and Trace are seated there, watching as Justin half-heartedly goes through the movements, mainly focusing on the notes so the engineers could get the settings and levels correct.

"Did he do his vocal warm-up?" McKayla's voice is heard as the camera points to Trace.

"I don't know."

"He sounds a little hoarse to me."

"Maybe it's just all the singing he's had to do recently." Trace shrugged.

The two remain quiet, and when the song comes to an end McKayla speaks again.

"Babe!" She shouts.

Justin shades his eyes with his hand as he looks out into the arena.

"Did you warm-up?"

Justin smirks with a nod, and counts down to the next song.

"He's such a liar."

"How do you know?"

"I'm his wife, I know these things."

Justin is playing around with one of the male dancers now. The boys spin in a circle, and then begin to gyrate against an empty air. McKayla lets out a gasp, and the camera swivels back to Trace.

"He does know people can see him doing that, right?"

"Yeah," Trace nodded.

The event wasn't rare for Justin.

"I'm pretty sure he does."

The camera remains on him, even though McKayla turns her attention back to the stage. Trace stares past the lens, at McKayla, and a slow smile spreads over his face. Kayla can be heard faintly, singing along to the music.

"What?" She asks suddenly, becoming aware of his gaze.

"You're such a loser."

"Why?"

"Cause your getting that loser look on your face."

"What look?"

"That one you two get before you start making out. That 'I love you' look. It's gross. It looks a lot like that sex face look he gets, and that creeps me out too."

McKayla giggled, turning the camera back to Justin and zooming in on his slender form.

"Trace, I know you've been trying to get the details on it for awhile, but I'm not about to tell you about our sex life."

"Pssh, I'm not trying to hear it. Besides, hubby up there gives me all the details I want."

McKayla rolled her eyes and turned back towards the stage. "Speaking of, look at my baby. Ain't he cute?"

Trace scoffs before letting out a laugh.

"Cute ain't the word I'd use."

*~*

Late in the evening, McKayla is laying on her back, absentmindedly chewing on the cap to a plastic water bottle. Three pillows with white cases are stacked behind her back, and her glasses have slid a little down her nose. The camera shakes, and then is set on the bed in front of her, and Justin comes into view. He's wearing gray sweat pants and a white wife beater. His eyebrows knot together as he fiddles with the settings on the camera, zooming out a little so they both can be seen clearly.

"I'm going to chuck that thing out the window," McKayla said, her eyes never leaving the current issue of Cosmopolitan she's engrossed in.

"Leave my stuff alone," he whines.

He leans back against his own pillows, his head thumping against the headboard.

"So," he begins, "what was with that question you asked me earlier?"

"What question?"

"About if I liked being married to you. Why did you ask that?"

"I don't know. Just being curious." She resumed her bottle chewing.

Justin's continued to state at her, resting his head against the wooden headboard. He knew she'd give in eventually. McKayla ignored him for as long as she could. The feeling of his eyes burning into her was more than she could take. She glanced up at him, confirming that he was indeed staring. She went back to her magazine, finished a sentence, and then let out a sigh as she closed it.

"Okay," she relented. "I'm talking."

"Tell me what made you ask that."

"I don't know," she said, pulling one of the pillows from her back and into her lap. "I was just being weird."

Justin sat up a little, turning towards her.

"This isn't exactly going to work if we can't talk."

"I am talking. I don't remember."

His stare continued again.

"Okay," she sighed. "I was watching this show about marriages the other day. I don't remember which one."

"Dr. Phil," he provided. She was always watching Dr. Phil.

"Whatever. They were talking to these couples that were having problems, thinking about breaking up."

"Okay..."

"And he asked all of them, 'If you knew then what you know now, would you still get married?'"

"And...?"

This had what to do with them?

"I was wondering about if you were regretting what happened in New York, if you thought differently about things now."

Justin sighed.

"Are we back here again?"

"No, we're not back here again." She pulled her knees up and turned onto her side. "It's just been a couple of months and we've spent some time together and I don't want you, or myself, to feel like maybe it was the wrong thing to do."

"Well, if being with you is wrong, it's the right kind of wrong."

McKayla grinned, "Don't be charming."

He smirked back.

"Okay, what about this: not only are you the cutest pain in my ass, but you are also a worry wart...."

That was a vast understatement.

"...And you have nothing to worry about. I don't picture us ever regretting getting married." He picked up her hand and begin to toy shyly with her fingers. "I see us growing up, maybe settling down, your career being out of this fucking world."

McKayla chuckled, glancing away from him momentarily.

"I see good things for us, Kayla Timberlake. You know, I was talking to Lisa, and she told me that she didn't believe for a second that we would really get a divorce."

"Really? Why did she think that?"

"Because if I was willing to punch out my childhood friend over you, then it was something special."

"I always liked Lisa."

"Me too."

He let go of her hand, and pushed her glasses up on her nose.

"Maybe I don't tell you enough, but I love you."

"I love you too. And you tell me plenty."

"Good." He cleared his throat and stood from the bed. "And stop bringing me into these girly, fuckin' emotional conversations. I hate that."

The camera lifted from the bed and Justin wiggled his eyebrows before searching for the off button.

I already see us moving mountains
I already see us walking on water
I already see the clouds we're flying over and under

Silent images move over the screen. Amateur video shot from the folding chairs at Justin's rehearsal. McKayla makes her way up the stairs at the side of the stage. Justin is standing in the middle, at the mic stand, talking to Marty, his choreographer. McKayla comes up behind him, slipping one of her fingers through the belt loop on his jeans, and patiently waits until their conversation is done. When Marty leaves, McKayla tugged on Justin's pants and gave him a pathetic pout when he glanced over his shoulder.

I can really see us having babies
Walking through the park and being lazy
I already see myself falling in love eternally

He turns to completely face her, and he puts a hand on her cheek as he leans down to kiss her. McKayla's response to except his lips wholeheartedly, and to hug herself to his body when he pulls away. The camera becomes wobbly as it zooms in, McKayla's head on Justin's shoulder, eyes closed. Then she looks up at him, her hands rubbing up and down his back. Words are spoken between them, and then her head returns to his shoulder as he hugs her closer. The camera swings around, and there is Trace, putting a finger down his throat to gag himself.

And I think that's just the way it's gonna be
And I think that's just the way it's gonna be

~*~

White covers are pulled back and the camera focus' on Justin's back. His face is buried in his pillows, brown freckles covering his shoulder blades.

"Get up."

"Mmph?"

"Get up, Randall." A pillow landed square on the back of his head. He doesn't stir.

McKayla shoves him again and he burys deeper.

"Wha?"

"Get up."

"Why?"

"I'm bored."

"Go back to sleep."

"I'm not tired."

"Kay, it's early."

"It's 11:30am." After a moment of silence, his response was snoring. McKayla sighed, turning to sit next to him. She turned the camera towards herself, pursing her lips.

"Justiiin," she whined. "Get up. I'm so bored."

He continued to snore. McKayla sucked on her cheek. Suddenly her eyes turned mischievous and she glanced to her left, down at her husband. Then she set the camera on the night stand, pointed towards them. She shot a grin at the camera as she sat up on her knees. Putting one of her legs over him, she straddled his back. Her head leaned down, and a moment later Justin stirred, turning his face away from her and toward the camera. McKayla shifted her weight, leaning to the other side. Her head lowered again, and she kissed the side of his neck.

He grunted. She leaned down again, pulling his earlobe into her mouth with her teeth. He grinned lazily, and started to turn over. McKayla shifted, letting him turn his body. As he did she placed kisses along his jaw.

"Are you awake now?"

He nodded, his hands holding her bare thighs.

"You sure?" Her kisses continued.

"Yep."

"Good. Get up. I want to go somewhere. I don't want to sit around the house all day."

When she climbed off of him Justin let out a whine, reaching his hand out for her.

Sunday morning, rain is falling
Steal some covers share some skin

"Kayla, come back."

"Get up."

Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in

His arm fell back to the bed.

"Tease."

That maybe all I need
In darkness she is all I see

Justin lays in the bed, eyes up toward the ceiling. After a moment, a pillow flys in his direction, bouncing off the headboard and landing on his face. He remains still for another moment before reaching up to remove it. He leans over and picks up the camera, carrying it to the bathroom where he meets McKayla, preparing to brush her teeth. Justin records their reflection in the large mirror, as he readies his toothbrush as well. When it's ready, he set the camera on the counter and brushed with one hand while he changed the water temperature with the other hand. When it was where he wanted it, he flicked a little water at her, revenge for all her pillow tossing.

Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning

She narrowed her eyes on him, pausing in her brushing for a moment. Justin smirked and waited until she returned to her brushing, before he splashed her again. McKayla bumped his over with her hip, spitting out her toothpaste and cleaning out the brush. Justin did the same. When he turned to dry his mouth on a towel, McKayla flicked some water in his direction, and he turned to smirk at her. Water was flicked at her. Water was flicked back at him. Someone turned up the faucet and water flicking turned into a full on water fight.

And I never want to leave

In an attempt to end the battle, McKayla pushed Justin away, trying to block his hands with her body while she turned off the water. He was stronger than she was, however, and moved her away easily. The next thing she knew her hair was soaking wet, and Justin was standing back cackling to himself. Her response to tackle him to the ground. Nothing moves for a moment, and when they sit up again, they're engaged in an intense lip lock. Justin turns them over, laying her on her back on the floor.

*~*

Later on that day, Justin and McKayla have finally made their way to the car. McKayla is in the drivers seat, and Justin films out the windshield. The sky is an angry gray, and the cars on the road have their fog lights on.

"Okay, so, where are we going?"

He turned the camera towards her.

"The championship game for the West Coast division."

"West Coast Champ-? Baseball?" Justin's face appeared.

"McKaaaylaaaa," he whined.

She shrugged in response.

"Hey, how many basketball games have I gone to for you? And without complaint, might I add. Besides, it's the championship."

"Besides, it's the championship," he mocked. His statement was followed by an 'ow' as McKayla pinched him.

"Stop it," she said.

"You stop it. You're the one who's violent all the time, throwing pillows and splashing water. Get some therapy."

Later at the game, Justin and McKayla are seated in a viewing box, away from the garbage, chatter, and stares of the rest of the audience. The park was well aware of their presence however, because they'd been announced at the beginning of the game. Every so often McKayla would lean out the window and wave to the drunken men below calling her name.

Justin sat in the back with a plastic cup of beer.

"Every year she does this," he was saying to the camera. "Every year she drags me to these baseball games. I swear, baseball is so boring. A bunch of men running in a square. Ooh look, he's running in a straight line. Oh, look, he stepped on a bag and turned left. Whoopdy-do."

"Like basketball is so much better," McKayla said. "I can tell you exactly what's going to happen in the next Knicks game without even seeing it. They're going to run to one end of the court, and when they get there, guess what they're going to do. They're gonna turn around and run to the other end. And when they reach that hoop, they're gonna run back to the other end. It's like a never ending relay race with time outs."

"But they have cheerleaders."

McKayla rolled her eyes, turning back to the game.

"I don't know why they're putting in Morehus right now. His average is like .171."

Justin took a swig from his cup. "Is that good or bad?"

McKayla pulled her head in from the window and looked back at him. Her expression was shock.

"Have I taught you nothing since we met?"

The beer cup lifts again, and disappears behind the camera where Justin is.

"Can you name me Lebron's averages for last season?"

McKayla glanced at him.

"That's what I thought."

Turning back to the window, McKayla leaned out when she heard her name. Below her was a group of six or seven guys. All of them were acting as if they'd hit their alcohol limit two beers ago. They reached their hands up, screaming and hollaring.

"Randall come here," she waved Justin over. "Check out the guy right there with the body paint."

Justin stood, reluctantly, and carted the camera with him. He leaned out the window, filming the men giving his wife cat calls.

"McKayla, come here!"

"Let us come watch the game with you! We'll make it fun!"

Justin turned so he could look into the camera, "Can you believe that? Can we come up so we can make it fun?"

"JUSTIN!!!"

"And there's your adoring public now," McKayla pointed.

They both leaned their heads back out the window when the high-pitched scream echoed through the ball park. The girls, all having so far been disappointed by Justin's lack of participation, had become aware of his presence at the window.

In the presence of all my friends
You stood there holding my hand

"Justin! Marry me! I love you!!" A girl was standing up on her chair, beer in hand.

And you promise me faithfully
That you will be my only man

"Look Kay, you've got competition."

"Hmph," she shrugged. "I don't know how much competition she is. She can't stand up straight."

Yeah
Are you diggin on me?
Cause I'm digging on you

The camera switches, and this footage isn't shot by Justin or McKayla. It is instead from down in the crowd, looking up at them. Justin is filming back as McKayla waves. Eventually he sets the machine down, dropping one arm around his girl's shoulder and putting the other in the air in a wave to the drunken girl still screaming at him. Then he points and laughs to two men down on their knees, bowing and chanting, "We're not worthy." McKayla put an arm around Justin's back, hugging his side close to her. Then she dipped her head back, looking straight up at him. They speak quietly, and then Justin turns his back to the audience, sitting on the window ledge.

A blonde man steps in front of the camera, a random man, a friend of the camera man.

"How fuckin' cool is this shit?" He slurs. "Susie is gonna be so pissed she missed this game. Timberlake!! Yeah, you're the man!"

Yeah yeah yeah
I'm diggin on you now baby, yeah
Do u wanna little bit of my love?

~*~

"Our last week was my favorite part." Justin is seated on a brown and creme embroidered sofa. Behind him is a large window, green grass and active dogs in the yard. He's wearing a white tee shirt and one diamond earring. "It was McKayla's birthday and I wanted to do something nice for her, while we had some time to ourselves. Last week we spent her birthday on the road, and I wanted this one to be special."

Justin and McKayla are sitting in their big bed, Justin on his back watching the television. McKayla's sitting up with a laptop in front of her.

"Isn't this the part where we're supposed to do it?" He asks.

McKayla's quick fingers pause in her typing.

"Shut up Randall."

Justin smirks to himself, watching the television for a few moments as McKayla continues on with her work. Soon, his hand wandered over to rest on her thigh.

"Get. Off of me." Her legs moved to the side, his hand dropping to the mattress.

It becomes clear, as Justin smirks, that he knows he's done something to upset her. Whatever it was, he probably did it just so he'd have the pleasure of aggravating her now. It was a sick game he loved to play. McKayla continues typing on her computer, the television screen flashing colors of green and blue on the walls. Justin pretends to be occupied by the TV for a few moments before his hand creeps its way towards her again. As his fingertips brush her skin she pauses in her typing again, an annoyed expression crossing her face.

"Off," she commands.

Justin drops his hand with a loud sigh and a roll of his eyes.

"Okay Birthday girl, I get it, you're busy. But you know that if you weren't on that damn laptop, you'd be all over me and we'd be having birthday sex."

"You sure about that?" She questioned.

"You think something different?"

When she turned to look at him, Justin's interest was peaked.

"Okay, you tell me. If you weren't on that computer right now and I was trying to push up on you, what would you do?"

"You sure you want to hear this? Because it has to do with a vasectomy, and I'm going to get pretty graphic with the details."

"What is it?" Justin questioned. "What did I do?"

"What did you do?" Kayla asked. "What do you mean 'what did I do?'"

"What?"

McKayla sets the computer on a nearby table, raising her hands as she climbs from the bed.

"I'm not doing this," she says. "I'm not having this conversation with you. I can not believe..." her voice faded down the hall.

Justin is sitting on the bed, laughing to himself. His voice is silent, to keep from being caught. But his actions shows his hysterical amusement. He's hunched over, holding his stomach, eventually falling against the pillows as he smacks his thigh repeatedly. When he finally gathers the strength he stumbles his way over the camera, apparently perched on a table near the closet. He leans down, face-to-face with the lens and laughs again.

"She has no idea."

"McKayla thought that I forgot her birthday."

Justin leaned his head against his fist, a smirk on his face.

"I didn't forget, but I didn't want her to expect it either. I needed it to be a total surprise, so I waited until the next day to wake her up and surprise her. I made her come down stairs into the living room, and I put both her presents in these big boxes that my Mama helped me wrap. She didn't know what the hell it was. I just wanted to do something special for her."

"Why do you love me?"

The camera is shaky, and the picture is a little blurry. Clearly it is shot on someone's personal camcorder and not the expensive digital film cameras most television viewers are used too. It's Justin's voice filtering through the speakers, and McKayla is the face on the screen. She's sitting on the floor, on cream colored carpet, a green bow is stuck to the top of her head.

She looks a little different, because she isn't wearing the large amount of make-up she's usually seen in. The tee shirt covering her body is baggy, and her hair is pulled back into a ponytail.

"Because," she smiles shyly. "You're kind of cute, and you're tall."

"Anything else?" Justin's voice prompts.

"And you buy me cool things for my birthday. Like a car."

She speaks her last sentence with excitement, holding up a picture of a black Mercedes convertible. It becomes apparent that the bow on her head was part of the wrapping for a gift.

"It gets delivered on Sat-ur-day!"

"And?" He prompts again.

"And you're taking me away on a trip."

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know. You won't tell me!"

"That's right."

The camera swivels and Justin's face appears up close.

"Because my wife has a big mouth, and she would tell everybody."

McKayla's gasp is audible and the camera turns to focus on her again.

"Shut up Randall, I do not."

"You do too. If you knew where we were going you'd be on the phone right now with Shannon, and your Mom, and everyone else telling them about it. That's why I don't tell you things."

"And here I thought it was because you were trying to piss me off."

The camera turns again.

"Do I look glutton for punishment?" His eyebrow raises.

"Boy, you do that all the time."

Justin shook his head adamantly, looking into the camera.

"And Eric's not coming." He announces.

McKayla looks up from her Mercedes picture, her face a cross between blank and confused.

"Eric can't come?"

"No."

"Mike isn't coming?"

"No."

"Where can we go that we don't have to bring Mike and Eric?"

Justin snickered, "I don't know. Where?"

McKayla pouted with a smile before balling her fists and pounding them on the floor.

"Where are you taking me?!"

The scene changes and McKayla is standing on a tar mat. The sky behind her is dark gray and blue. She's wearing a turquoise bandana over her head, and a black tank top. A backpack is strapped onto her shoulders, and sunglasses cover her eyes. It's not bright enough to need them, but she wears them anyway.

"Baby, where are we?"

"Aruba!" She raises her hands and dips her head back, soaking up imaginary sun.

I really like what you've done to me
I can't really explain it
I'm so into you

Images flash over the screen, the couple standing cheek-to-cheek infront of a Turtle Burgers restaurant sign. McKayla walking along the beach, stopping every so often to pick up shells. She pauses to look out at the water, and when she notices Justin she smiles brightly and skips her way towards him. Another of Justin, heading toward the shore from the water. His bottom half clad in soaking wet white shorts, his top half bare. He kicks at the water, splashing it several feet up into the air.

You're a dream come true
Don't you ever leave my side, oh no
(Cause it feels so good)
Oh baby, oh I

The screen changes again and the camera is pointing down into a pool, golden brown legs are splashing gently, making ripples. A shadow comes over the side of the pool and the camera looks up. Justin, illuminated by the sun, is standing there. He sits next to her, his legs in the water next to her. They begin kicking again. The shadows, blurrying in the water, show McKayla leaning against him, her head tucked against his neck.

I really like what you've done to me (you've done to me boy)
Though I can't really explain it (can't explain it)
I'm so into you (I'm so into you baby, yeah)

"What are you thinking about?"

McKayla is laying on her stomach on a lounge chair, her hair in a messy bun and her cheek resting on one arm.

"Just stuff," she shrugs.

"What kind of stuff?"

"You. Last year. Us."

"Why?"

Her head lifted and she smiled.

"Because. Everything is ca-razy!"

Justin chuckled.

"Did you think we'd end up here?"

She mulled over it for a moment, poking out her lips.

"No. Did you?"

"No."

"Really?" her eyebrows knotted together. He'd always seemed so certain.

"Naw."

"Why not?"

"Cause you were gone, girl!"

McKayla laughed, turning onto her back and tossing an arm over her head.

"I wasn't gone."

"It was a 23 hour plane ride. I got cussed out in Auzzie Outback slang for ditching that New Years party-."

"Ok I get it. I was gone," she said.

They're quiet for a moment, and the camera shakes as Justin repositions himself in the chair next to her.

"Are you happy?"

She pretended to pause, looking up towards the sky as she chewed on her lip. When she took too long, Justin reached over, tickling her side. She giggled, slinking away from his fingers.

"Yes!” She cried. “Yeah, I’m happy. Are you?"

"Yeah. I got you."

Completed
Coffee is the author of 27 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked The InBetween (Our Family Album part 3) also liked 317 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Our Family Album Series. The previous story in the series is My First Night (Our Family Album part 2). The next story in the series is Love Is Enough (Our Family Album Part 4).

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tvshowj