Author's Chapter Notes:
Comments are love..

We had been back for a couple days and were now laying on the couch together watching of all things Shrek. Not that I could complain I loved this movie and I was reminded to be quiet during the movie a couple times when I started to say the lines with the characters and Justin would pinch my sides and tell me I’m ruining the movie.

It was almost at the end and we watched as Shrek told Fiona that he loved her and when she said how she didn’t understand that she was suppose to be beautiful and Shrek told her she was. I was smiling like a loon, make me be the sappy girl who smiles and feels tears in her eyes over a cartoon love story I laughed to myself in my head. When the music mantra at the end finally ended and the credits started to roll Justin switched off the TV from behind me and than pulled me around in his arms to face him.

I smiled at him as he kissed my temple and started to rub my back.

“How’s work been going since you got back,” he asked as he moved some of my hair behind my ear.

“Its good, Mike is getting a lot of repsonse to his clothes which is amazing for him and well for me too,” I said with a laugh as he chuckled.

After a moment or two he pulled me in for a kiss as he moved us so I was laying on top of him and he against the seat cushions of the couch. Ever since that afternoon in Virigina beach Justin and I had will kinda become rabbits in that sense of the word, not that we did it every night but when we did it was never a one time deal.

He kissed my jaw line than my neck as he sat up with me in his lap and than placed his head against my shoulder for a second than looked up at me with the bluest eyes I had ever seen before, and even from him.

“Nicole, I know that this; us isn’t exactly picture perfect but,” he breathed out as he looked at me again and ran his hand against my cheek.

“But,” I questioned after he hadn’t said anything.

I saw him bite his lip and felt him wiggle a little as the leg of his that was on the floor moved around, I smiled a little he was nervous whatever could he be nervous about.

“Even though this isn’t probably the way I would have wanted us to start out, I’m glad this is where were at and I just wanted to let you know,” he panned off from his speech again as he watched me and kissed my nose.

“Justin come on tell me what’s on your mind,” I said and saw him take a breath, I felt myself bite my own lip. Damn him making me nervous but than again was it really that hard of a thing to do.

“I love you,” he whispered trying to not be heard but I heard him and I looked over at him and watch him look at me with a face that either was gonna turn into a smile or have a broken heart depending on what I said next but I figured it would be the first over the latter.

I smiled at him for a second before I placed my hands on his cheeks and held his face.

I held my lips together for a moment not quiet biting them before I took a breath and said, “I love you too.”

“You do,” he asked placing his hands on top of mine still against his cheeks.

I nodded my head excitedly as I watched him smile at me and I felt my heart race speed up just a little as he brought his head closer to mine. Pulling my hands with his as he rested them on his shoulders and his went around my waist as we kissed each other.

Like it had always started with a kiss anytime before we soon and some how move off the couch and up the stairs to the bedroom. But as we lost our clothes and become one with one another it felt different this time, it felt more personal and more dare I say romantic. Gah I was such a sap but looking into his eyes as we made love I never felt more complete and like my life; this moment and everything after it, I felt would be nothing but greatness.

--

Had it really been that long, I questioned myself in only what seemed to be a few days later, but as I looked at my calendar it had been almost two months since our Virginia beach trip and at least seven months total since the day Justin had and me played with Jack.

Walking around the store it was almost time to close, so I was helping the people pick up close and restock the indie music that people had misplaced throughout the day as I went to place some random CDs I couldn’t place on the front table I stopped at what I saw.

Sitting there was a tabloid with Justin kissing some faceless girl and the headlines were, “Timberlake marriage real or just a hoax?” I started at it till I felt someone brush by me, “Shit Nic I’m sorry I know, I shouldn’t have brought it in but I,” she closed the people magazine as she saw me look up at her.

“Amber, just don’t do it again,” I said in a mono tone not really sure what to think as she nodded and placed it by her bag under the counter as we finished cleaning up. Everyone knew even before this whole thing with Justin started I had a no see, hear or talk about, policy for gossip, be it from coworker to coworker or whatever, and their was to be no magazines about celebrity life’s either. I didn’t necessarily consider myself a celebrity but I guess some would by association which was stupid. I was just a women living out her life and who happened to be married to a guy who was very talented and well known.

We managed to get done with five minutes left to spare and because it was dead I closed early as I headed to my car and drove the sort distance to the local Ralph’s with my list. It was Friday night and since Justin would be in the studio till late it was time to shop, especially since we had nothing but an excess of dog food for the two beast we had at home.

Throwing some things into the cart I passed the magazine isle and stopped and backed up, I shouldn’t go down there I shouldn’t look at these. I knew it was all bull shit but for some reason my mind had another thought since here I was scanning any magazine that mentioned Justin on the cover or was related to celebrities in general. I was flipping threw Life and Style when the people magazine Amber had at the store earlier caught my attention.

I finished flipping through the magazine trying to ignore it sitting there on the self staring at me.

I continued through the other magazines that had been placed next to my purse and kept looking up at that magazine ever second or so.

None of the other magazines I had picked up and looked through had either said nothing about us, or what they did say was just about how we were supposedly planning a real wedding for everyone to attend a year to the date of our shot gun type wedding to each other only six or seven months ago, it had been what we had told the press the day after Justin gave me the ring on Ellen though nothing had really been done.

My mind still showed me the image of the article that I had seen which had made almost feel cold inside of Justin kissing another girl. I couldn’t get it out of my mind as I placed the last magazine on the self again and just stared at the people magazine not wanting to pick it up but wondering just what they had to say.

Even though I knew the way they worked, that picture could have been back before we met, could have even been me from behind, since well I dyed my hair every now and than since I was natural dirty blonde but dyed it to be a dark brown to match my fair ass completion better. When I had met Justin I had been more on my natural side since Tanner had liked it better. Shows me to do something to a impress a guy, but Justin on the other hand when I had told him after he questioned it coming home to a darker haired girl he just shrugged it off and said, if it makes you happy.

I smiled at that memory as picked I up the people magazine but than placed it back down on its self and headed towards the deli to get some lunchmeat.

I don’t know how long I had taken to get groceries but as I pulled up to the check out there was only one lane open and only a few late night shoppers were around.

Placing my items on the belt I felt my smile twitch as I saw the people magazine on the rack at the check out. I shut my eyes trying to ignore it but for some reason I just had to know what was said. So against my better judgment I placed the magazine on the belt and placed the loaf of bread on top of it trying to hide myself, when the checker scanned it and handed it over the to bagger to place in my bags in the cart.

Paying for the groceries I took them and headed out and placed them in the backseat as I got in and headed home, trying to ignore the magazine as I saw it through my review mirror, tonight was gonna be a very long and weird night.

 

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story