Author's Chapter Notes:
Comments are love.

The groceries had been put away, I had ate and so had the two beast I sat there after a shower on the bed in my PJ’s staring at the magazine at the foot of the bed as the beginning of Leno started.

I half listened to his dialogue when I heard what I assumed was the front door open and shut and than I heard him, “Babe you home,” he questioned up the staircase as I jumped to cover the magazine knowing I couldn’t hide it anywhere in time as I leaned against it as I stared at the TV.

“Hey you,” he said coming in seeing me smile at him as I chuckled as I got one of Jay Leno’s jokes.

“Hey how was the studio,” I asked as he turned to place is wallet and phone on the dresser and I pushed the magazine I hadn’t yet got the courage to read further under me trying to hide it some how and for what reason I didn’t know.

“It was good, we got a couple songs finished and I started this one that I think might be the first single once we get this released,” he said as he took his jacket off and threw it too the chair in the corner before he sat on it to untie his sneakers and kicked them off.

“That’s great, I bet your excited to work on that one,” I said and he nodded as he pulled his socks off and threw them in the closet.

“How was the shop,” he asked me as he came out wearing his boxers and still in his shirt.

I smiled, “Good wasn’t as busy but it’s a Friday, so I really didn’t know how it would go,” I said explaining since it was my first Friday I had actually worked since the story had been opened longer than six months.

“So you got inventory for the executes is ready,” he asked me reminding me of the reason I had to go in and I nodded as I shifted some what I on the magazine that was making it very uncomfortable to lay the way I was.

“Good, so were both free for the weekend,” he said as he came over to the bed and dropped down next to me and went to pull me to him when he saw what I hoped he didn’t.

“What is this,” he said pulling it from under me as he had turned me to face him some what making the magazine visible.

“Its, just a magazine,” I said softly waiting for him to explode at me, I had gone a big rant awhile about how I didn’t care what they had to say about how I hadn’t bought one of those in my life, well maybe I did when I was a kid but those were magazines like teen and bop and stuff like that.

“Nick, this is People and it has us in the corner,” he said pointing to just the side of the people tagline to show me.

“Love or A Game,” he read the title out loud and looked at me, than went and started shifting through the pages till he came to the page that I had seen just hours ago, and I felt the same way I had the first time I saw, it as I did now.

“A hoax,” I heard Justin breath out and look at me, and taking this as the opportunity to speak I did so pulling it away from him or at least trying to when he placed his hands on mine and held them.

“It’s just Amber had it in the store today, and I couldn’t get out of my mind when I saw it when I got groceries and I know I don’t buy them, and I’m totally against them I was just, I don’t know curious,” I shrugged at him as I took one breath to explain my case.

“Nicole,” Justin said placing his hand on my cheek forgetting about the magazine as he brushed my temple with is ring finger.

“Yeah,” I said softly looking at him.

“Its ok,” he said and I smiled at him as he kissed my temple than pulled the magazine out my hands and moved so he was leaning against the head board.

“Come here, lets read it together,” he said after a moment of me looking at him as he got comfortable and I did so.

Before I even looked at the magazine again I felt and heard him whisper in my ear, “Remember what I said, were in this together and we’ll be ok.”

I smiled at him one last time, as we read about a story that in all ends was nothing more than some soap opera fest about how the girl in the picture who was none other than me, yes I had assumed right. Or else I’d have to find this bitch and lay the smack down, I kid. The hoax part was that Justin had funded me the money to start my store and that I had to play wifely for a year to pay him back.

We ended up laughing at the actual truth of the matter over the lie that had been made up, the simple truth was we were drunk yes, but that alone let our true feelings show on the first night, even if we hadn’t known it at the time.

“You know what’s bugging me,” I heard Justin ask as I brushed my teeth a little while later making me come out of the bathroom with the tooth brush in my mouth and try to ask what.

I saw him shake his head with a laugh as he told me to go finish up and he’d tell me than.

Finally coming out of the bathroom I turned off the light as Justin was still looking at the story with an interesting look in his eyes.

“What did you want to say and why are you still looking at that,” I questioned sitting on the bed next to him and went to pull it from his grasp but he instead took my hand that held my ring and took it in his.

“This, is what’s bugging me,” he said tapping the ring with his thumb, making me look at him and I felt hurt but before I could say anything, he shook his head and smiled at me before he kissed my temple.

“Nothing bad, but we did say we’d get married again with family and friends,” he said.

I sighed when I realized that’s all he meant when I saw him finally toss the magazine to the end of the bed and kick it off with his foot as he brought me over him and I straddled his waist.

“So what do you say Mrs. Timberlake, would you like to marry me, again,” he said and wiggled his eyebrows making me laugh.

“We can keep it simple right,” I asked I was never one of those girls who dreamed about her wedding since she was five, or played wedding like she played doctor. I blushed at that memory when Justin smiled and said, “tell me what you want and that’s what it will be,” he said.

“Even if we just go to the court house,” I questioned and saw him look up at me but, than nod and I somehow saw his smile fade a little.

“Not, that I’m saying that,” I told him and saw the spark shoot back up as he looked at me.


“Damn your like a girl,” I said with a laugh but it stopped when he threw me against the bed and pushed up against me with a growl, which made me stop and stare at him as he smiled at me than chuckled at his actions as I just shook my head.

“You want to know what, I want huh,” I asked him and saw him smirk at me.

“About the wedding Nicky,” he told me making me chuckle myself.

“Ok, ok,” I said with a roll of my eyes but a smile only joking.

“Well,” he questioned a minute later since I hadn’t said anything.

“Do you remember the pictures you showed me of your Grandma’s back yard,” I asked him.

“In Tennessee,” he question and I only nodded.

“Yea, what about them,” he asked as he laid next to me and I turned to face him.

“Could we have it there, during sunset with candles and lights and flowers,” I questioned.

I saw him smile at me as he pictured it and pulled me against him as he kissed my forehead my nose and than my mouth softly before he wrapped his arms around me.

“Sounds perfect,” he announced and with that we smiled at one another and soon fell asleep as we talked about simple wedding plans and how stupid that article had been.

--

We had figured out what type of candles and flowers and light we wanted to used and we figured we’d do it a day after the day we had actually met and done this since everyone was thinking we’d do it on the day.

We didn’t want to gain more media exposure than what was already normally on us, so we keep hush, hush about it.

When we sent the invites out a month later we just asked them to come to a southern BBQ, the only catch was before the BBQ, we would be in a sense renewing our vows for everyone there.

I looked at the calendar on my desk and counted the days, it was a month and a week till the big day, I smiled everything had been going like clock work, work was great, life was great and I was in love.

I was looking through files and my desk stuff when I came across some old pictures of me and Tanner, I stopped cold I felt almost the same way I did seeing the article picture a month ago as I did staring at these pictures. Even though I felt nothing towards him anymore I felt my eyes start to tear at the memories of us, what could I say as much as Tanner had done, he had also been my first love.

Dropping the pictures after a moment I looked up at the windows behind me as I whipped my tears away, I had never seen that coming, I had never felt or figured out what Tanner was doing till it come right into my face and I had to deal with it. Thinking about the last months, I felt myself tear up a little bit more and I pulled myself out my chair and sat near the window and placed my hand up against it watching the light catch the stones in my ring and flicker when I moved it.

I sat there for a good hour and cried and wondered why I had never let myself do so, I had never let myself heal or think or react to the situation once it had happened, because well Justin had happened.

I wasn’t blaming him I couldn’t, I think in the end he probably saved me from something I couldn’t even think of but all at the same time I thought of how much he saved me I thought about how fast and quick I fell for him and easily I did the same for Tanner, was this right? Was me really getting married to Justin in front of our families and friends, for real this time even if the last time was legal. Was that right, or would it all end just the way it had before, because this was all a sudden going way too fast.

“What am I gonna do,” I whispered to myself as I sat against the warm windows and looked towards the door trying to keep my tears at bay.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story