Author's Chapter Notes:
Comments keep us together, keep this story a moving along... yes im cheesy.

With the loan people off my back the week was spent getting the business side of Mike’s line dealt with to show in my store.

We had filed the papers away and were setting up a time next week to do a small party to showcase the new line in the store and to celebrate how proud I was in Mike, and heck who could say no to a party.

Right now I was sitting alone in Justin’s house since he had been out since early this morning but I sat at his piano in the living room as I touched the keys softly.

I had learned in college but only had a dinky keyboard that was still at my mom’s house since I never really played it.

But Feeling like I need to play it again, I cracked my fingers even though I’m sure if my piano teacher saw me do it she’d lecture me about it like she had when I was in her class those couple years ago.

Tinkering around with sounds and stuff I started to play a song and sang softly with it,

“It's gotta be this one,
You don't have to fake it
You know I can take it
What if I told you your tears haven't been ignored
And everything that was taken can be restored

Feel this
Can you feel this
My heart beating out of my chest
Feel this
Can you feel this
Salvation, under my breath

It's gotta be disguised
Soul and script
Chord and lyrics
What if I told you that innocence is yours
And the beauty you have now is brighter than before
Before,”

Taking a breath as I started getting lost in the song I continued to play, I forgot how easy it was to get lost in the moment, just letting the music take you away.“Feel this
Can you feel this
My heart beating out of my chest
Feel this
Can you feel this
Salvation, under my breath

Let go, let go and believe,

let go, let go and believe,

let go, let go and believe,

let go,”

I took one last break before I sang the chorus one last time,Feel this
Can you feel this
My heart beating out of my chest
Feel this
Can you feel this
Salvation, under my bre-eath .”

As I let the piano and the room become quiet I heard the noise of foots steps stopping behind me, turning around I saw Justin leaning against the wall towards the kitchen with a smile on face and look of awe in his eyes, the feet I heard were actually his mother’s who had just stopped behind him with a some what of a question look on her face about what she had missed.“How long were ya standing there,” I questioned him.

“Long enough,” he smiled more and than feeling his mom behind him or guess rememeber she was there he pulled her to his side.

“Mom, I’d like you to meet Nicole, my wife,” he said with eyebrows raising a little at the wife part.--

Lynn and I talked as Justin ordered up some food declining when his mother said she could cook.“Not like there is anything in there worth cooking,” I said softly making Lynn chuckle as Justin grabbed the phone but not before he gave me a look out of the corner of his eyes.

I watched Justin for a second than turned to look at Lynn as she dug through her purse, it was very familiar looking, it hey there was an RL logo with the lip print on the corner.

I smiled, should I tell her I designed her bag. Biting the inside of my bottom lip I felt Justin sit next to me and place the phone down on the counter.

“What you order,” Lynn asked.
“Just your basic Italian; Pasta with bread sticks and side salads,” he said as he showed the Olive Garden menu that he held in his hands before he placed it next to the phone.

I watched Lynn nodded as she placed her hands on top of her bag.

“Justin said, he got that purse made for you,” I spoke all of a sudden. Seeing Lynn’s eyes shoot up at me I cringed and placed a hand over my mouth and only felt my self turn red as she cracked a smile with a laugh.

“I told you she’s the creator and owner of Roxy Lane, right,” Justin asked placing a hand to my hip and pinching my side making me look over at him and he just smiled back.

“No, oh wait was that what you were talking about on the way here,” Lynn asked as it was her time to blush.

“You weren’t listening,” Justin asked.

I bit my lip trying to hide my smile at the way Justin sounded hurt but in his face you knew he was just being a brat and milking it.

“Justin, I was too, I just well,” she shrugged and I couldn’t help it as I laughed and saw Lynn just smile with me.

“I feel rejected,” Justin said only making me laugh louder.

“Come on honey, look I’m sorry but don’t tell me you never tuned me out,” Lynn asked and I stopped laughing, but my smile was still on my face when Justin looked from his mom to me and kept quiet.

“Thought so,” She laughed and only shook her head.

“So your made up the company that made my bag huh,” she smiled at me.

“Yeah, and I made it too I think, that was the one with the sweater and the powder blue skirt and old belt right,” I asked.

Lynn smiled and nodded as she pulled the bag up and turned it around and showed it like she was Vanna White on Wheel of fortune with those letters.

“Cool, cool, I thought so it looked familiar,” I said.

“Well I’m glad its lovely and I love it,” Lynn smiled.

“Its what I do,” I said as I felt Justin place his hand on my leg and squeeze it, making me turn to look at him.

“Among other things, like how come you never told me you could sing and play the piano like that,” Justin added finally speaking again after his whole being rejected speech.

“You never asked,” I said making Lynn laugh as Justin stared at me in shock.

“What its true, and don’t stare at me like that your face will freeze like that and than what will all your fans say,” I said and Justin’s eyes closed down to glare ad me with this smirk on his face.

“You two are just adorable,” I heard Lynn laugh as she stood up from her table and headed towards the stairs, saying she was gonna take a nap and that she’d just reheat her food later when she got up if she was hungry.“You hear that my mom thinks were adorable,” Justin said making his face wave back and forth in mine as he said the last part.

“You’re a-dorkable,” I said as I went and stood up from the Island in the middle of the kitchen and went to the fridge.

“You ok with my mom being here right,” Justin asked as I pulled a water out and waved it to ask him if he wanted one before I closed it, seeing him shake his head I only pulled mine out.

“Of course not, I mean come on she’s your mom I just I don’t want her to hate me for getting you in this,” I said waving my hands around at us.

He nodded before he placed his hand on mine that held my bottle cap as I took a quick drink.

“I think she’s just glad were being as much adults as we can in the situation,” he said.

I nodded myself than not sure if that was why, thinking maybe she was wishing her baby boy would stay married, even it was to me.

I bit my upper lip as Justin still held my his hand on mine.

Looking up I saw him looking at me as I released my lip, “What,” I asked and he just shook his head taking his hand and pushing my hair away from my face.

He than took a breath, “Actually I,” he started to say when I looked at him.

“We have an interview on Ellen,” he said looking at me.

“When,” I asked not really thinking till what he said next hit me like a load of bricks.

“Tomorrow,” he said in a whisper and let my hand go as he made face like he was afraid I’d hit him.

“Tomorrow,” I asked him with raised eyebrows.

He only nodded.

“You knew about this when,” I asked him.

“Uh, like the same time we knew my mom was coming to visit for a week,” he stated.

“You knew since last week,” I asked him.

“Well I was gonna tell you but you were with the loan company all day and,” he started till I placed a hand over his mouth.

“Not an excuse, Justin when something involves us, you need to talk to me ASAP ok,” I asked him and saw him nodded behind my hand.

“So what do I wear,” I asked as I pulled my hand way from his face and he only shook his head but got up the moment he heard the door bell.

“Food’s here,” he smiled.

Watching his retreating form I sighed, what was I gonna do it was one thing with Justin’s mom since she knew the truth, but lying to Ellen, lying to everyone else.

Shit, I said to myself as Justin brought the food in and at that moment I didn’t feel like eating a single bite for the rest of my life.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story