Author's Chapter Notes:
WOW!! Thanks for all the wonderful reviews they mean so much to me! Here's another update!!!

The states flew by as Justin picked up speed the closer he got to Texas. He knew Shift was excited even though she tried to hide it. How could she not be? She was headed home to her home state. Even though she loved Tennessee she was a Texas girl, so much so she had it tattooed on her right forearm.

The ride had been pretty eventful considering that anywhere they stopped there was always someone trying to spit game at him or Shift. One of the setbacks of having a kick ass ride and fucking hot significant other. He knew no one could tame him though, Shift didn’t try too. And he let her be as wild as she wanted to be because he wouldn’t dare put her in a cage.

He sighed as he pulled up to The Lion’s Pride clubhouse. They were finally there and he was tired as hell. When Shift didn’t move off the bike right away he knew she was tired as well. Shift finally got off a little slowly, removing her helmet as Justin got off his bike. She waited for him before they walked into The Lion’s Pride clubhouse together.

As they walked in all eyes turned to them. Some of the older members of The Pride greeted them while the younger, newer members kept their seats.

“Everyone welcome Justin and Shift, Wolf Pack Royalty.” Dirk told his members as he slapped Justin on the back and hugged Shift.

Almost everyone got up to greet them but a few members didn’t. Shift and Justin shared a look, noting those who didn’t. Dirk showed them to their room and let them put their bags on the bed before pulling Justin aside. Shift let them talk privately as she went back to the bar area of the clubhouse.

“So, why are ya’ll here?” Dirk asked Justin as Justin flopped down on the bed.

“Patch-over time.” Was all Justin said as he rubbed the bridge of his nose from tiredness.

“Already? Some of these guys aren’t ready for The Wolf Pack lifestyle. Besides we’ve just struck a peace with La Raza MC if we patch-over to The Wolf Pack now we can kiss that goodbye. Who will protect us?” Dirk asked with concern as Justin bit the inside of his lip.

“For those that aren’t ready they can decide that at the patch-over. The Wolf Pack is riding down here for the patch-over so don’t worry about La Raza MC. Can we count on you though?” Justin asked as he pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

“The Wolf Pack can always count on me. Your father knows that and you should too.” Dirk told him as Justin rose from the bed and they shared a quick manly hug.

“Nice to know.” Justin said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*In the bar area with Shift*

“Hey Darlin’, can I get you something to drink?” One of The Lion’s Pride’s mama asked her.

“Yeah, can I get a Jack with two ice cubes and an ashtray?” Shift asked as politely as she could.

“Sure thing.” The club mama told her as she set off to prepare Shift’s drink and get her an ashtray.

Shift turned around on her barstool as she pulled a cigarette out of her pack and lit it up. She took in the guys in front of her whispering, probably about her and Justin, as she waited for her drink. She took in the operations of the club as she took a puff of her cigarette, some of these members wouldn’t be members once The Wolf Pack took over.

“Here ya go, Darlin’,” the club mama said as she handed Shift her drink and an ashtray, “How long have you been that man’s old lady?”

Shift looked at the club mama. She was probably around 23-25 years old, had short red hair and the prettiest green eyes, “About 18 years give or take a few. Since I was six years old,” Shift told her with pride as she watched the club mama’s eyes widen, “By the way, call me Shift. What’s your name?”

“Jaime.” The club mama told her.

“So, you anyone’s old lady Jaime?” Shift asked as she continued to smoke her cigarette by the bar.

“Just paying my dues until these members realize what a catch I am.” Jaime told Shift as she wiped down the bar.

“Once they do…Never let them forget it.” Shift told her as Justin and Dirk walked back into the bar area.

Jaime watched as the harass woman on the barstool in front of her changed into a beaming giddy girl as her man walked into the room. Somehow she could tell her man felt the same about her even though his hard demeanor hadn’t changed. Jaime could see the sparkle in his eyes as they landed on Shift.

He was by her side in a flash and kissing her JT tattoo behind her ear.

“Sweetheart, can you get me a beer?” He asked Jaime and she smiled at him then at Shift.

“Sure thing Darlin’.” Jaime said as she handed him a cold beer and he took a puff before putting his cigarette out in Shift’s ashtray.

“Sweetheart, are there any good places to eat around here?” Justin asked Jaime as Shift rolled her eyes at his lame southern charm.

“Good God JT, her name is Jaime. Quit tryin’ to lay on the charm.” Shift mumbled as Justin wrapped her up in his arms.

“It worked on you.” He said with a chuckle as she laughed.

“I didn’t know any better! I was only six!” Shift said through her laughter as Justin poked her sides.

“Yeah um…Cattle Call has good BBQ and so does Desperado’s but I love Calico County.” Jaime told them as they thanked her for her recommendations.

“Let’s go eat baby girl. I’m starving.” Justin said as he grabbed Shift’s hand and pulled her out of the clubhouse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*At The Wolf Pack clubhouse*

Lynn carried a sleeping Kale to what used to be his room at the clubhouse. His old bed and some of his toys were still in there and it made him more comfortable to be at the clubhouse without his parents. She felt bad when he started crying for Shift, knowing that she was probably in Texas by now. She knew she was tough but Shift was the toughest chick she knew and The Wolf Pack needed her. Unfortunately it kept her away from Kale at times, but at least he was safe.

At least she thought it was safe until Trace came running down the hallway, shouting at her to take cover. Two seconds ago she was putting her grandson down for a nap and now she was clinging to him tightly as she dodged bullets.

“I thought these walls were bulletproof?” She shouted at Trace as they dodged yet another round.

“Mother Fuckers are using armor piercing rounds! Give me Kale! You need to get out of here! I can get him to the tunnel faster!” Trace told her as he held out his arms to Kale.

Lynn looked down at her now awake grandson. He was screaming and crying as he covered his ears with his small hands. She never thought someone would dare attack the clubhouse. She had never wanted Kale to experience this but now she had to focus on keeping him safe.

“Shhh…Kale, go to Uncle Trace, okay? Go to Uncle Trace baby.” She told him as calmly as possible as she wiped away his tears.

He looked at her before looking at Trace, almost as if he were trying to make a decision. He looked at Lynn one more time before running to Trace’s open arms and Trace scooped him up.

“Okay buddy…I’m goin’ need you to hold on tight. Real tight to Uncle Trace, okay?” Trace told him as Kale dug his head into Trace’s shoulder and held on tight to him.

Trace took one last look at Lynn before running to his room. He yanked open his closet door, throwing clothes and kicking shoes out into his already messy room. He stomped on the floor, searching for the loose wooden plank that would give them access, pulling on the hidden handle when he found it.

“Fig! Fig! Take Kale!” Trace shouted down as he saw Fig running through the underground tunnel underneath the clubhouse.

“Pass him to me! Where’s Lynn and Paul?” Fig asked as he held his arms out for Kale.

“I don’t know where Paul is! Lynn is using her exit. Have Irish meet her there! Kale, go with Uncle Fig. I’m going to find your grandpa, okay?” Trace told him as Kale nodded and climbed down into the tunnel and Fig’s open arms, “Take care of him Fig. He need to make it to Shift and Justin if I don’t make it out!” Trace said as Fig nodded his understanding and then he shut the trap door.

Trace dodged to the floor as another round was shot into the clubhouse. He knew they were possibly surrounded and the tunnel was their only option for exiting safely. He had to read Paul though and made sure everyone made it out alive. He scrambled along the floor of his bedroom, making it to his bed and reaching his shot gun and ammo. He crawled across the floor as fast as he could to make it back to the hallway.

He scrambled to his feet and ran to Lynn’s exit which was located in the hallway closet. Once he rounded the corner he found Lynn slumped against the inside of the closet and the trap door was still closed. He ran to her, checking for her pulse.

It was faint but she still had one. Although judging from the bullet wounds on her leg and stomach he didn’t know how much longer she would last. He dodged to the floor as another round was fired into the clubhouse. These fuckers would not quit! He managed to get the trap door open and carefully lowered Lynn down into the tunnel, hopefully Irish would get there quick.

“Trace! What do I do?” Teak shouted as she laid down on the floor.

“Come here. Make sure to follow the tunnel. It’ll get you out of here. Take Lynn to the hospital!” He told her as she scrambled across the floor to the hallway closet, “Be careful. I’ve got to find Paul.”

Teak did as she was ordered and lowered herself down into the tunnel. She saw Lynn on the floor of the tunnel and picked her up, throwing her over her shoulder when she proved to heavy to help walk upright. She worried about Trace even though he didn’t appear scared.

Trace closed the trap door in the closet and decided he was tired of hiding from bullets as he made his way to a window facing the side of the clubhouse, breaking it with the barrel of his gun. He cocked his shot gun taking aim and counted to five before he shot one of the men shooting at the clubhouse. He watched as the man fell dead and loaded his shotgun again, taking aim. Soon he was joined by Eddie and Chuck with their Silverballer .45s.

They showed no mercy as they aimed and killed all those who dared to shoot into the clubhouse. They waited a couple of minutes before deciding they were in the clear. They stood from their positions, surveying the damage around them as they went from room to room. Most of the trap doors had been used and Trace thanked Justin silently for coming up with that idea. He still hadn’t found Paul though and that worried him. Even Eddie and Chuck didn’t know where Paul was at and they were with him when the shooting started.

Trace searched the clubhouse frantically for Paul. Feeling his stomach tighten when he couldn’t find him. He heard the sirens and ambulances in the background and knew he had to get out of there. He ran back to his room leaving through the trap door just as the cops arrived at the clubhouse.

He rushed through the tunnel as fast as he could. He could hear the opening of the trap doors behind him and could hear the local heat talking about The Wolf Pack. When he got to the opening in the woods he ran to their back up clubhouse, hoping by some chance that Paul would be there.

“There you are! Kale is freaking out! He’s asking for Lynn and Paul and Shift and Justin and none of them are here!” Fig said as he opened the door for Trace.

“Fuck! Teak took Lynn to the hospital! Paul…I-I don’t know where Paul is at!” Trace said as he stormed into their back up clubhouse, “Kale, come here buddy! Uncle Trace is here!” Trace said as Kale stopped crying and lunged into Trace’s arms.

“I want my mommy! Where’s my mommy? I want my daddy! DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!” Kale started shouting and kicking as Trace tighten his grip on the frighten little boy.

“Shh…Kale I’m goin’ take you to Mommy and Daddy. I promise. Can you be good for Uncle Trace?” Trace asked as Kale stopped crying and nodded yes, “Tell Teak to call me on the prepaid. I’m takin’ Kale to Texas, anyone else goin’ with me?” He asked as he looked around at everyone that was there.

“I can’t go until Thursday, but I can watch over Lynn and Teak and find out what happened to Paul.” Fig told him as Trace nodded at him.

“Eddie and I will go with you. We gotta tell the wives though.” Chuck told him as Trace nodded at them.

“I can go. I’ll call Riley. Anyone callin’ the Prospects and the nine?” Ben asked as he looked around the make shift clubhouse.

“Not yet.” Trace said as he held onto Kale.

“I can do that. We should meet somewhere…It’s too dangerous to meet here twice.” Ben said as everyone agreed.

“Yeah okay. The Green Frog at 6pm. Is that enough time for everyone to pack, talk to the wife, kiss the kids and shit?” Trace asked as everyone chuckled.

“Yeah.” They all replied as they left the make shift clubhouse and went their separate ways.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*In Texas*

“Shit! That was good! We should just live here!” Justin said excitedly as they left the restaurant.

“I think you drank too much!” Shift told him with a laugh as he flipped her off, “Baby, I still love your fine ass,” She said as Justin grabbed her and kissed her.

“Fuck!” Justin shouted as his prepaid rang, “Hello?”

“Hey man. It’s Trace. I’m coming to Texas with Kale.” Trace said quickly into the phone.

“What the hell happened to my parents?” Justin shouted into the phone startling Shift.

“Calm down man. Kale’s already freaking out and he doesn’t need to hear you yelling,” Trace said as he tried to calm down Justin.

“Is Kale okay? Tell me my baby is okay! Justin Randall Timberlake, you answer me right now!” Shift shouted as Justin covered the mouthpiece with his hand.

“Yeah baby, he’s okay. A little freaked out, I don’t know why but he’s okay.” Justin told her as she calmed down, “What the hell happened Trace?”

“I don’t know. One minute we’re chillin’ at the clubhouse, some of us are working at the shop and the next some MC is shootin’ up the clubhouse. Shit! They were prepared man! They had armor piercing rounds that obliterated our bulletproof walls.” Trace said into the phone as Justin started pacing.

“What about my parents? Why aren’t they watching over Kale?” Justin asked as he ran his fingers through his hair in desperation.

“You mom got shot twice. Teak carried her through the tunnels and got her to the hospital but she’s in a coma because of significant blood loss. A-And P-Paul…I don’t know where Paul is! I was the last member to leave the clubhouse and I couldn’t find him. I don’t know if he got out or what! I’m freaking out man! You aren’t here to call the shots!” Trace admitted as he took a deep breath.

“Are ya’ll heading down here soon?” Justin asked.

“Yeah we’re meeting up at 6pm and then heading straight to Texas non-stop.” Trace informed him.

“Okay. Just get here and I’ll figure things out. Take care of my son.” Justin said as he hung up his prepaid and looked at Shift, “Our son’s coming to us.”

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my crack!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: outlawj bikerj