Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay so I'm back from my run! That was so much fun! I know I left ya'll hangin though so here's an update to clear things up!

*Two Weeks Ago*

Shift and Justin both arrived at the hospital together not caring about what anyone had to say. They waited in the elevator holding each other’s hand enjoying the silence and understanding between each other.

“You know Dirk could be lying…” Shift finally said as she met Justin’s gaze.

“I know. But you were torturing the guy Shift…I don’t think he had it in him to lie.” Justin rushed out before the elevators opened and revealed them to the hospital staff.

“We’ll see about that.” Shift said as she let go of his hand and stalked to Lynn’s hospital room.

She was pissed beyond belief. The one person who saved her and raised her as his own had betrayed not only her but her whole family. And thought he could get away with it. All because he wanted the club to stay his but news flash…he couldn’t live forever and someone would have to take over. Why he thought Shift and Justin weren’t those some ones? She would never know. Lucky for them though he went outside of the club to get his dirty work done.

Shift pushed open the door to Lynn’s room, shoving it into the wall. Jaime and Teak jumped out at the sound as it woke Lynn up. Shift rushed into the room grabbing onto Lynn’s hospital gown.

Did you know?” She shouted as Justin rushed to Shift’s side and pulled her off his mom.

“Shift…know what, hun? I-I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Lynn shouted as Justin closed the door to her room while trying to keep Shift away from his mom.

“Hey, hey…keep it down. Everyone keep it down. Mom, did you know Paul set us up?” Justin asked as Shift glared at Lynn and Lynn shook her head no.

“Paul wouldn’t do that! He wouldn’t sell out the club!” Lynn said in disbelief as she continued to shake her head.

“Not the damn club! Did you know he set up Justin and I to be killed by Dirk down in Texas?” Shift asked as Justin held her back.

Lynn couldn’t believe what Shift was telling her. Paul wouldn’t do that! Would he? No, there was no way. He got shot at too! There’s no way he would try to kill their son, okay technically her son, but still a boy he considered his son. Paul loved Shift like a daughter, there’s no way he would try to kill her. It just didn’t make sense to her why he would try to get rid of Justin and Shift.

“Paul wouldn’t do that! Dirk is lying! You ask him again Shift! You get the truth out of him!” Lynn said as her voice started to rise.

“I can’t do that Mama Lynn. Besides I highly doubt a man’s last words would be a lie.” Shift said as she plopped down in a chair beside Teak.

“What did Dirk exactly say?” Teak asked.

“He said that Paul hired him to kill Justin and I and agreed to pay him in the AK47s that we have in the warehouse. Then when Paul found out that Dirk wanted the code to the warehouse he refused to tell him and refused to pay him. So Dirk had his men shoot up the clubhouse.” Shift said as she looked at Justin as he crossed his arms causing his arm muscles to bulge.

He was so handsome and that President patch would look so damn good on his leather cut. They would have to take care of Paul to make that possible though and although she was pissed she didn’t know if she could take his life. She knew Justin would have to be the one to do it…as he should. Paul tried to have her and Justin killed, not to mention their son was put in danger by Paul’s actions.

“Mom, if dad, I mean Paul, did this then you know what I have to do. You, Kale, Teak, Trace and the club all could have been killed because of him.” Justin said as Lynn began to cry.

“You can’t Justin! He’s your father!” She shouted through her tears.

“He’s my step-dad!” Justin shouted as Lynn gasped.

“Stop it! Both of you!” Shift shouted as she rose from her seat, “Lynn you almost died! Do you understand that? Paul’s actions almost killed you! And Justin, the man practically raised you. Show a little bit of respect for your mom, for our family.” Shift said as she stood between Lynn’s hospital bed and Justin.

She placed a hand on his chest feeling his rapid heartbeat, “Baby, calm down. Lynn if this turns out to be true then please make your peace with it,” she said as Lynn nodded her understanding and wiped away her tears.

Lynn knew deep down that it had to be settled because if Paul really wanted Shift and Justin dead and really wanted the club to stay under his reign, he would stop at nothing to make sure they were out of the way. She knew she didn’t have a say in club business and if Shift and Justin were talking to her about it then the club had already had their vote. And they voted to seal Paul’s fate.

She had wanted Justin and Shift to take over the club so her and Paul weren’t always watching their backs. So maybe they could retire and just enjoy the open road. Apparently Paul hadn’t felt the same way as she and her heart was going to pay the price.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He knew they weren’t coming to save him. He knew from overhearing bits of conversation between Dirk’s men that The Wolf Pack hadn’t even bothered to try to contact them or respond to any communication from them. And Dirk hadn’t turned up anywhere and he knew The Wolf Pack had him. He knew Shift had him. Which meant one thing and one thing only…he was being found out.

He couldn’t even explain it. He didn’t know when it happened or even saw it coming before it was too late. He didn’t want to give up the club or retire like some old man. That was for Lynn but not for him. It’s not that he doubted Justin or Shift but more like he couldn’t give up his hold on the club. It was his, a part of him. So he explained that to Dirk and before he knew it they were planning on how to get rid of Justin and Shift.

He could say that he felt guilty for trying to keep the club but he didn’t. He started it, he nurtured it, he did a lot of things in the name of it, and he wasn’t ready to give that to someone who wouldn’t need his advice. Justin was a grown man who had a mind and plan of his own. He would run the club his way and not ask for Paul’s advice in all of it. He had Shift by his side and he cherished her opinion over Paul’s, over the club’s, and even over Lynn’s. She was also the reason the club was so successful at their business and part of the reason they hadn’t been hounded by the ATF yet.

Justin and Shift were two smart people who deserved to run the club. Who were just waiting and itching for their chance to take it over. And who needed to be taken out if he wanted to keep the club. He had chosen Dirk to help him with that since they were headed to his clubhouse for the patch-over but he didn’t expect Dirk to get greedy.

His plan had been simple. Dirk would take out Justin and Shift and Paul would pay him with the AK47s in the warehouse. But Dirk had bigger plans, he didn’t just want the AK47s , no he wanted the whole damn warehouse! Plus he refused to patch-over to The Wolf Pack! So when Paul refused to pay him before he showed proof Dirk sent his men to shoot up the clubhouse and kidnap Paul for the code to the warehouse.

Now Paul regretted trying to do away with Justin and Shift because he knew they would come for him. Not to save him but to get their revenge. Things would be forever changed in his family because he was greedy with his position in the club. He knew even this time Justin wouldn’t look the other way and forgive him. This time Justin would take care of him and not think twice about it. Paul had sealed his fate and he knew it too.

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my crack!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: outlawj bikerj