Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this update has been so overdue but you know how life is sometimes....hope it pleases ya'll. I really do because I've worked hard....okay that's a lie...but I have worked...moderately hard on it lol.

*Inside the Warehouse*

“What happened with Kale? One of the deputies called me.” Evan asked Justin and Shift as they walked into the warehouse.

“Barley took him. I need eyes! I gotta know where the fuck he’s headed with my son!” Justin shouted and everyone immediately got on their phones to call any contacts that they knew could help.

“Do you think he would go back to California?” Shift asked as Trace and Teak walked into the warehouse.

“No, he’s headed up north. The ATF’s been watching him closely. They thought he was coming down here to exchange into with us but that obviously wasn’t why he came down here. They think he’s headed up north to Montana.” Teak said as she hugged Shift.

“Paul has family in Montana so Barley does too. Do you know anything else Teak?” Justin asked and everyone else listened intensely.

“Not yet. I got guys at ATF working on it though. They think it’s for my Top Rocker so I should be hearing something soon.” Teak told them.

“It will be for your Top Rocker. You deserve it if it gets my son back.” Justin told her as he threw her a smile that was supposed to show gratitude but showed sadness instead.

“That’s what family does.” Was all she said before her phone ran and she walked away to answer it.

He turned to Shift and smiled at her before pulling her into his arms. He let out a sigh as her arms wrapped around his waist and she laid her head against his chest. He ran his fingers through her long brown hair as his eyes drifted to the door of the warehouse opening. He groaned when he saw his mom enter with Addison right on her heels. He felt Shift’s body tense and he knew she had seen Addison. He held her tighter to him as his mother and Addison approached them.

“I came as soon as I heard sweetheart.” His mom told him in her low southern drawl.

“Why’d you bring her? I asked you to keep her away from us and the club!” Justin hissed at his mother and Addison took a step back.

She had never heard that harsh tone from him before and it scared her. It was obvious to her that he wanted her as far away from him as possible and it hurt her. Even if he was trying to be a badass she could see this really great guy beneath that. Now he was gone though and this hard man she didn’t know took his place.

Shift though, she knew this hard man. She even clung to him in this state. She wasn’t frighten of him like Addison was. She loved him even with his temper. He would always take care of her and love her and she knew that without a doubt. Sure, she was pissed when Addison first showed up and she had her doubts and insecurities but Justin was trying to keep Addison away from the. To her that proved his love and his want to stay with her and only her.

“I couldn’t just leave her at the house by herself. What else was I supposed to do?” Lynn asked as lowly as possible so not to hurt Addison’s feelings.

“You were supposed to keep her away! I don’t care how or what you did to accomplish that! Someone took our son,” Justin shouted at her, pointing between him and Shift, “and the last thing I need right now is some girl from Paul’s past showing up! I killed him so I wouldn’t have to deal with him! Yet even in death he’s an issue. Get her out of here right now!”

Addison pulled back in shock. Justin had killed her father! Surely that wasn’t possible. Justin wouldn’t do that. Granted she just met the man but when she was talking to him in his room she saw this really great guy who obviously cared about his family. It just didn’t make sense to her as to why he would kill his step-dad. If he did kill Paul he had to have a good reason, right?

She knew she was making excuses for a man that she barely knew but she knew deep down there was more to him. She knew that if he just gave her a chance she could show him that he didn’t have to live like this. She could settle him down and he would never have to worry about their son or daughter being taken. She knew it was Shift’s fault their son was taken away because she allowed Justin to continue this dangerous lifestyle.

“Come on Addison. We need to go.” Lynn told her as she noticed Shift making her way over to the two of them.

“I’m not leaving Justin. He needs me!” Addison shouted as everyone looked at her in shock.

Lynn knew this was trouble. It’s one thing to come here to get to know your father it’s another thing to try and get to know Justin. As much as it sometimes hurt for Lynn to say she knew Aiden meant more to him than anything else. She also knew Justin would do anything to protect that. Even if that meant getting rid of his step-sister!

“He doesn’t need you! If you’re smart you’ll leave with Mama Lynn right now!” Shift told Addison as Teak joined her.

Addison took a couple of steps back as Shift and Teak advanced. She looked in Justin’s direction only to see him glaring at her. He wanted her gone! He wasn’t even giving her a chance to explain herself, to show him that she could be better for him.

“I’m smart enough to know it’s your fault your son was taken! You let Justin live the kind of life where he gets shot at and locked up and you honestly believe that you don’t deserve to have your son taken away?” Addison asked.

Before she knew it Shift and Teak were being pushed aside by Justin. He backhanded her across the face and sent her reeling into the wall behind her from the force. She held her cheek in shock as he wrapped his hands around her throat, shoving her against the wall as he started choking her.

“You don’t know me or Aiden. I already warned you that nothing comes in between us and that includes you. Believe me when I say I have no problem killing you just like I killed your father!” He shouted as she clawed at his hands around her neck.

“Justin stop! Stop choking her! Let me get her out of here!” Lynn shouted as he relented and let Addison go.

“Get her out of my sight…We have shit to do.” Justin barked as the rest of The Wolf Pack members helped escort Addison out of the warehouse.

“JT…” Shift told him as she placed a hand on his chest to calm him down.

“When we get back I’m killing that bitch for talking to you like that.” Was all he said as he kissed her quickly before walking away, “Get our gear together. We’re fucking headed to Montana to get my son back!” He ordered to the Pack and Shift knew to leave him alone and to do as he said.

She couldn’t help but smile as she packed her gear, making sure to pack her disassembled Watter WA 2000 sniper rifle. She was his old lady and he made sure Addison knew that. He stood up for her and protected her, he proved his love for her and she knew that he was strong enough for her. Tough enough for her love and he was definitely committed to their family. She had no doubts about that now and she never would ever again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sighed as he pulled over to a small diner slash rest stop. He could still go a couple hundred miles but he knew his small passenger couldn’t. He climbed off his bike, removing his helmet and running his hand through his short gray hair. He placed his helmet on the handlebar of his bike before helping Kale remove his little helmet. He absolutely adored Kale but he knew taking him would send Justin and Shift after him. Better yet it would break them away from the Pack.

That is what he was planning and hoping for, that Justin and Shift would follow him by themselves. They were strong together but unbeatable when they had the Pack behind them. He had made it personal enough though that the two of them would come after him alone. At least that’s what he was hoping for. If they came after him with the Pack he was a dead man just like his brother.

He had no one to help him. He was excommunicated from his chapter due to various actions he did when Paul was killed. He took off to Tennessee when five Pack members from his chapter showed up to his house to strip him of his cut. That was the ultimate slap to the face. Now he was headed to Montana where the rest of his family was so he could act out his plan of revenge. He didn’t want to hurt Kale at all, he just wanted to lure Justin and Shift to Montana and their son was the perfect person to do that.

He helped Kale off the back of his hog and smiled as the little boy raised his arms up above his head and let out a small yawn, stretching out his small limbs. His little leather cut was the epitome of adorable and it helped people think they were meant to be together since the back on both cuts said The Wolf Pack. It had definitely helped at Kale’s school.

He took the small boy’s hand and lead him up the steps and into the diner. He found a booth close to the back and lead Kale to it, smiling at various diner customers as they remarked on how cute Kale looked in his biker gear. He smiled at the cute waitress as she brought Kale a coloring mat and some crayons.

“Darlin’, can you sit with him for a minute while I go make a call?” Barley asked her and rose from the booth when she nodded yes.

He made his way over to the pay phone in the corner, looking over his shoulder to keep an eye on Kale. He dropped two quarters in the slot before picking up the phone and dialing a familiar number.

“Is that your daddy?” The waitress asked Kale as he bit his bottom lip as he colored on is mat.

“No, that’s my Uncle Barley. He took me.” Kale told her while he concentrated on his coloring.

“He took you? Where are your parents honey?” She asked as Kale finally looked up at her.

“They’re in Tennessee. He said he was taking me to them after school but we’ve been driving for a loooooong time.” He said as he shrugged his shoulders and went back to coloring.

“What are your parent’s names?” She asked.

“My daddy’s name is Daddy and my mommy’s name is Mommy.” He told her and threw her a look that said ‘duh’.

“What’s on your leather jacket? She asked as she ignored his attitude.

“The town I’m from…see Millington,” Kale told her as he pointed at a patch that said Millington Original, “And my daddy’s name,” he said as he pointed to the patch on the bottom right hand side that said Timberwolf, “And my mommy’s name,” he said as he pointed to another patch on the bottom left hand side that said Shift.

“So those are your parent’s nicknames?” She asked as she checked out his patches.

“I don’t know about nicknames but that’s what people call them…but I just call them mommy and daddy,” He said to her as he stopped coloring and picked up his mat for her to see, “You can have this. I signed it for you.”

“Thank you so much. It’s beautiful.” She told him as Barley came back from his call and she left them after taking their order.

She knew she had to stall. If she was right this little boy had been kidnapped by a member of his own family. She took her time getting their drinks and turning in their order. She watched them as they waited for their food and as they ate she headed outside to call the local police.

“Hi, this is Molly down at Moe’s Diner. I think a little boy has been kidnapped by a family member. His name is Kale Timberlake and he’s from Millington, Tennessee. He’s here at the diner with his Uncle Barley. He said Uncle Barley took him……Yeah I can stall while ya’ll get here…..yep….they’re eating right now….okay….okay….bye.” She said over the phone before she hung up and headed back into the diner.

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my crack!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: outlawj bikerj