Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys, I've been busy so this update took awhile and for that I apologize. I hope it suffices! lol Thanks so much for reading and reviewing! I made it past 100 reviews! Yay! Thanks for making that possible!

Her heart was pounding in her chest as she approached the booth in the back. Her hands were shaking as she carried two plates of apple pie a la modes to the booth. The clanking of cheap china and silverware showing off her nerves. She had long ago talked the little boy into having dessert and enticed his older companion when she told them it was on the house. She smiled as wide as she could as she placed the plates of pie down on the table, her fingers slipping a bit and she covered with a nervous laugh.

“Damn hands won’t stop shaking until I take my smoke break,” she muttered, sharing a small chuckle with the older man, “Would you like some more coffee before I go on that break?”

“No thanks. Just the pie.” He told her with a curt smile before turning his attention to the young boy, who was busy stuffing his face with pie.

She left the booth in the back, letting out a breath she didn’t know she had been holding, when she noticed two police cars pull up to the diner. She made her way to the front of the diner as four policemen made their way into the small diner.

“Can I help you gentlemen?” She asked as she noticed the older man looking in their direction.

“Just came in for some pie Molly.” One of the policemen said and she nodded as she grabbed four menus.

She knew they weren’t there for the pie. It was good but not that good. However she didn’t want to alert the older man who was already appearing skittish at the sight of the local heat. She walked the four policemen to a booth right next to the older man and young boy.

As she walked past the four policemen drew their weapons and surrounded the booth the older man and young boy were sitting in. One of the policemen grabbed Kale and handed him to Molly, who sat him at the counter while they arrested his Uncle Barley.

“Why are the policemen taking my Uncle?” Kale asked.

“So we can get you back to your parents.” Molly told him as he nodded.

“I wanna go home. When can I see my mommy and daddy?” Kale asked her as she picked him up and carried him to the police car waiting to take him to the station, where he would wait for his parents.

“In a little bit. You’re going to go with the policemen and they’ll watch you while you wait for your mommy and daddy to get here, okay?” She said as she helped him get into the car.

“Okay. Thanks for the pie Molly.” He said as he waved goodbye to her and she knew he was going to be taken care of.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sighed as he checked his saddlebags one more time. He was nervous and tense and he just wanted his son back. He didn’t know the route they were going to take to get to Montana but he hoped it was the quickest one. He really didn’t think Barley would hurt Kale but he couldn’t be sure about that. He was hoping for the best because him and Aiden couldn’t handle anything happening to their son.

He was so frustrated. He wanted to kick something or hit something! Maybe that’s why he lost it and slapped Addison. No…no, that’s a lie. He knew what the hell he was doing when he backhanded her. She asked for it though. Where did she come off blaming Aiden? Aiden, the love of his life, the one person who understood him and the club, the one who had given him his life back and a son, the one who waited for him while he was locked up, and the one who stood by his side…right or wrong. He meant what he said when he said he was going to kill Addison. He could care less about the bitch now. No one blames Aiden, no one talks back to Aiden and to him Addison deserved to die just like her dad.

“JT, Teak said she has some news. She’s coming over to the clubhouse right now.” Shift told him as she walked into the garage area of the shop.

“Good…hopefully we won’t be riding blind.” Justin told her as she walked over to him and covered one of his hands with hers.

“Everything’s in the bags baby. You can stop checking them every five seconds,” She told him as they both chuckled, “I’ll ride with you and Fig said he’d drive the crash van for when we bring Kale back home.”

“Okay…fuck! I just want him back here with us!” Justin shouted as Shift pulled him to her by his leather cut.

“I know baby. I want him back too! But we’ll get to Montana, take care of Barley and bring our son back home.” She said as she kissed the inside of his palms and then hugged him tight.

“Guys…I found out where Kale is…but we should probably discuss this in the chapel.” Teak said as they nodded and everyone headed into the chapel, including Jaime.

“Jaime, get out! You’re a club mama not a member.” Justin barked while everyone laughed as she scrambled out of the room.

“Where’s my son Teak?” Shift asked as her shaky hands lit up a cigarette.

“The police found him with Barley in a small diner called Moe’s in Kentucky. The police have Barley in custody and they have Kale at the police station. It’s only a couple of hours from here. ATF told them we’re coming. I think we should leave now and deal with Barley there so it doesn’t land at Millington’s doorstep.” Teak said.

“I don’t think this needs a vote. Let’s go get my son back!” Justin said as everyone rose from the table and got ready to leave.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sighed as Shift’s arms tightened around his waist again for the fifth time. She had been alternating between barely resting her hands on his hips, to not touching him at all, to holding onto to him for dear life. He knew it was just how she was on long rides but he wanted her to hold onto him all the time. Truth be told he was just nervous and freaking out.

He didn’t know why…Kale was being watched by policemen, Barley was in police custody. Maybe he was just afraid Barley would convince the police that he was allowed to travel with Kale? He knew that wouldn’t happen because the ATF told the Kentucky police to hold Barley until him and Shift got there but there was always that fear. He never thought someone would dare to take his son and that happened!

He pulled his bike into the police station’s parking lot as his crew pulled up beside him. He waited quietly, anger boiling in his veins, as Shift got off the back of his bike and removed her helmet. He was ready to kill Barley but Shift’s hand cupping his cheek checked his anger. He removed his helmet, adjusting his sunglasses before Shift ran her fingers over his buzz cut and kissed his forehead lightly. He got off his bike and adjusted his leather cut before smacking Shift on the ass and chuckling. He could relax, they were here and his son was inside that station, ready to head home with him and Shift. He threw his arm around Shift’s shoulder as she intertwined their fingers and they walked into the station together. His boys were going to wait outside until Barley was handed over to them. He smiled at that fact, the police would be handing Barley over to them. He didn’t know how Teak got that set up but he was thankful. He would get his revenge.

They walked up to the desk in the front and Justin took in how many desks and cops there were. He wasn’t comfortable in police stations, he had been locked up too many times to be comfortable. Fuck, he wasn’t the only one…he could tell Shift was taking inventory too. Let’s face it, his club weren’t the poster boys or girls for Ivy league colleges or polo clubs…if anything they were the poster boys and girls for prison. They had all done time even Shift for boosting cars when she was younger. Hell that’s how they fucking skipped class and made a couple of bucks in High School. So to say that they weren’t exactly friendly with police would be an understatement.

“Can I help you Sir?” One of the policewomen asked as they approached.

“Yeah, we’re here to pick up our son. His name is Kale Timberlake.” Justin told her as she typed the information into the computer.

“Okay follow me.” She said after a few minutes and she opened the small door that was separating them from her.

Him and Shift followed as she led them to a small room.

“Can I get you some coffee or something to drink while you wait for the lead officer?” She asked them.

“Actually, can I go with you to get that coffee?” Shift asked and the lady officer threw her a curious stare, “He doesn’t like Pigs touching his food or drinks.” She explained and the lady officer nodded her head, “I’ll be back soon baby.” She said as she rose and joined the officer.

Justin drummed his fingers on the table in front of him. His head snapped up as the door to the room opened and a male officer walked in. He didn’t need this. He just wanted his son back! Why couldn’t they just give him his son? He knew it was because he was President of The Wolf Pack. He should be used to this shit by now.

“Hello Mr. Timberlake, I’m Detective Hull. I really just need to verify that you and your wife are who you say you are before I hand over the boy to ya’ll.” The detective told him and Justin nodded as Shift made her way back into the room, placing his coffee down in front of him.

“So what do you need from us? We just want to get our son home.” Justin said as Shift pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

“Ma’am, um…” The detective stuttered and Justin chuckled.

“What I can’t smoke?” Shift asked as she took a puff, “Shit, last time I got questioned they bought me a new pack and gave me an ashtray. Is that only in Nevada?” She asked as the detective shook his head no, “Then get me an ashtray,” she ordered.

“Babe…” Justin warned.

“Ugh…,” she said as she rolled her eyes before throwing the Detective a curt smile, “Please.”

“We need to see some ID and some fingerprints.” Detective Hull said as he handed Shift an ashtray and Justin lit his own cigarette.

Shift and Justin reached into their leather cuts and pulled out their driver’s licenses. Shift also pulled out Kale’s folded up birth certificate and laid it out on the table for the Detective to see. Justin reached into his wallet and pulled out a family picture of him, Shift and Kale that had recently been taken and laid it on the table before putting his wallet away. They both laid their hands palms up on the table before them as they waited for the Detective to fingerprint them.

“So, ya’ll have done this before?” Detective Hull told them with a chuckle that stopped when Shift scoffed.

“Yeah it’s kind of required every time we step into a police station.” Justin said as his cigarette teetered dangerously in between his lips as Detective Hull fingerprinted him.

“Okay…we’ll run these and then your son will be released to you.” Detective Hull said before he left the room.

“Fucking hell, damn Pigs! They always leave this ink shit on your hands.” Justin exclaimed before standing up to pound on the door until an officer came.

“Can I help you?”

“Yeah, can you get me and my girl something to wipe this ink shit off our fingers?” He asked as the officer nodded and got him some hand wipes, “Thanks,” he said as he shut the door and sat back down next to Shift, “This shit never gets old huh baby girl?” he said as he leaned over and kissed her lips softly before pulling away and taking a sip of his coffee.

“I told the police in Nevada they should just make fingerprint cards that we can carry with us!” Shift said as she rolled her eyes.

“I know baby and they didn’t believe that we would need them.” Justin agreed with her as Detective Hull walked back into the room with Kale by his side.

“Daddy! Mommy! Uncle Barley took me!” He shouted as he ran and jumped into Justin’s lap.

Justin hugged him tight before handing him over to Shift. He watched as Shift babied their son, caressing his cheeks, kissing his forehead, and ruffling his curls as she held him. His son was definitely a Mama’s boy. His heart fluttered as Kale giggled and Shift laughed. Barley was going to pay for trying to take this away from him. Justin looked away from Kale and Shift for a minute and caught eyes with Detective Hull. He rose from his chair and made his way over to the Detective.

“I…uh…I-I…just want to…um…t-to say t-thanks…for taking care of my son.” He mumbled, trying to swallow his pride and actually thank a police officer.

“No problem. I understand that we are supposed to release Barley Harless into your custody per ATF. Is there a reason that you’re not pressing charges?” Detective Hull asked, his curiosity getting the best of him.

“He’s part of our MC. We have our own laws and our own codes. We’ll take care of it.” Justin told him and Detective Hull nodded his head.

Those who weren’t in an MC would never understand. They see a MC and think it’s just guys with nothing better to do but ride their hogs but they’re wrong. The Wolf Pack had laws and codes they followed, every member paid monthly dues, members were expected to attend every church meeting and so many riding hours were required per month. They were more organized than the Mob. This was lifestyle and a business.

“Let me take you to him then. We have his bike too.” Detective Hull told him and went to leave the room before Justin grabbed his arm and stopped him.

“I don’t go anywhere without her,” Justin told him as he cocked his head in Shift’s direction, “Baby take Kale to Teak, get Trace and come back so we can get Barley,” he told her as Shift nodded and picked up Kale.

“Behave while I’m gone,” she whispered to him and he had to chuckle at that.

He was never one to behave but he became especially bad when he stepped foot into a police station. Maybe it was the fact that this was the first and only time he hadn’t been dragged in by handcuffs. Or maybe this was the first and only time he wasn’t maced with pepper spray and beaten before coming in. The last time she told him to behave in a police station he hadn’t exactly listened to her.

He had been seventeen at the time and was being questioned about a crime he didn’t commit. They had gotten his fingerprints off the inside of the car, a car Shift had boosted. They had started questioning them together but Shift was fourteen at the time and a minor. His parents hadn’t been there when she was questioned so they had to let her go. Besides they didn’t have any evidence that she was involved, they just figured she was because she was always with him. Before they escorted her out of the interrogation room, she had turned to him and told him to behave without her.

He had never been a good listener. He tried for her but the local heat always knew how to push his buttons. First they started questioning him about the actual crime but when his gaze drifted out the window and into the station where Shift was sitting, waiting for his parents to come, they got him. They had started talking about Shift, about how she was a minor and they could get him for rape, about how she wasn’t adopted by his parents so they could take her away from him, place her in some foster home. He had saw red and he couldn’t stop himself from punching the officer threatening him.

Bastards had made their first mistake by not handcuffing him before they brought up his girl. Their second mistake was trying to take his girl from him. He shoved the table against the door before any other officers could join them and their fight. The officer had pulled out his baton but Justin had been used to taking a beating with those, due to his previous stints in jail. He had no problem wrestling the baton from the officer and beating him with it. When the other officers tried to storm into the room Justin shoved the baton through the small opening they made and into one of the officer’s jaw. He turned his attention back to the officer stuck in a room with him and his anger. He kicked the officer in the ribs, breaking a few, but he wasn’t done with him. He wailed on the officer for ten straight minutes until the other officers were able to make their way into the room and pull him off of him.

He fought against them the entire time they were arresting him, forcing them to toss him face first on the table. As they led him back to the cells to be booked on assault he kicked a few officers, smirking when they groaned in pain. He bit down on his lip when he got a face full of pepper spray for that. He could still hear Shift screaming for them to leave him the fuck alone. She was so pissed she started making her way towards him, punching officers left and right, tossing shit from the officer’s desks at the officers trying to arrest him. He almost laughed when a stapler connected with the head of one of the officers holding his arm. She had ended up being arrested on assault too and spit in a handful of officer’s face as they tried to book her.

Yeah, sweet memories. Shift had always been in his life and she would always be. He wasn’t scared of cells and neither was she. Unfortunately for them that meant Barley wouldn’t be either. Once they got their hands on him they would have to break him and he’d be lying if he said he wasn’t looking forward to it too.

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my happy place.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: outlawj bikerj