Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm really glad that everyone is enjoying the story so far! I hope ya'll keep reading and reviewing!

Shift had taken a shower before heading to the hospital in Justin’s black Cutless. No need to show up on the back of his bike…not while his wife was in the hospital. She had always known Alyssa would end up here. The girl was too messed up to not end up here.

She and Justin had a part in that. She couldn’t deny that fact. She didn’t want Alyssa to die, she just wanted her divorced from Justin but Alyssa refused to divorce him. She had been weary of Alyssa from the beginning but Justin hadn’t cared. For him Shift had been it. It never occurred to him that someone would try to come between that.

Shift knew Alyssa didn’t put herself in the hospital. No, Lynn had called her and told her what really happened. Justin knew too but unfortunately Alyssa’s doctor wasn’t on the club’s payroll so the local sheriff had been called in to investigate.

Thank God for them Alyssa was in a coma so she couldn’t talk. Shift knew Lynn did what she did to protect the club and Justin but it brought more unwanted eyes to Justin’s doings.

Shift ignored the stares from the hospital staff as she made her way to Alyssa’s room. Justin was sitting outside the room. His eyes were closed and he was slightly snoring. So much for trying to act like he cared! She kicked his foot startling him awake.

“Where’s your Mama?” She asked.

“In the damn room.” He told her as he closed his eyes again, prepared to go back to his nap.

“JT!” She muttered as she grabbed his chin and forced him to meet her gaze, “ You got pigs watching you. Can you at least act like you’re concerned? For me…or did you enjoy the pen?”

“Fine…for you.” He muttered as he rose from his seat and entered his wife’s hospital room with Shift by his side.

“How’s she doin’?” Shift asked as she made her way over to Lynn.

“Better than I planned.” Lynn muttered as she looked up at Shift from her chair beside Alyssa’s bed.

“Walls have ears Ma.” Justin told her as he wrapped his arms around Shift’s waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

“And eyes.” Alyssa’s doctor, Dr. Rutherford, said as they all three looked at him, “I really don’t think Alyssa did this to herself. I already told the cops that.”

Shift didn’t say a word as her cell phone rang. She pulled it out of her pocket looking at the caller id before flipping it open.

“Hi Papa Paul…oh he is…I’ll be right there,” She said into the phone as she stepped out of Justin’s embrace, “Kale’s not feeling well. I’ve got to go,” She informed Justin and Lynn as she left Alyssa’s hospital room.

Dr. Rutherford followed Shift out of the hospital room stopping beside her as she waited for the elevator.

“How’s the family…with your lover?” Dr. Rutherford asked her as Shift glared at him.

“Doin’ just fine Lyle. How’s your dad’s shop? Tell me, is he appreciating all the business we send him?” Shift asked as she smirked at Lyle.

“My dad never accepted any business from ya’ll!” Lyle hissed at her as she smiled at him.

“Really? How do you think he paid for your Medical School? All that hard work to get you out of Millington and you come back for Alyssa…what a shame.” Shift told him with a smug smirk.

“I know you drugged Alyssa. Can’t stand that Justin’s still married to her, can you? You think you’re untouchable but one of these days, you’re going to be touched!” Lyle said as he threaten her.

Shift leaned over to him and whispered in his ear, “Don’t play with fire…you’ll definitely get burned.”

“Shift, leave the good doctor alone,” Justin told her with a smirk as he patted Lyle on the back, “ Watch who you’re threatin’ and next time make sure it isn’t my old lady,” Justin finished as he squeezed Lyle’s shoulder roughly.

Lyle Rutherford Jr. watched as Shift and Justin entered the elevator. The Wolf Pack had always had their hold on Millington. Paul and Lynn had ran it in their early days but Shift and Justin were the new heirs.

It was true…he had left Millington for Medical School in New York City and had come back for Alyssa. However by the time he got back to Millington she was married to Justin and he couldn’t compete with the club.

He knew from experience that you didn’t want to be on the club’s bad side or on their payroll. He also knew Justin would protect Shift no matter what it took. He also knew Shift was relentless when it came to revenge. She made Alyssa’s life a living hell for the stuff she pulled with Justin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You ridin’ with me?” Justin asked Shift as he got on his bike.

“I brought the Cutless.” She told him as he shook his head at her.

“Get out of the cage. Get on.” He ordered as she made her way over to him.

“Anything for you.” Shift told him as she got on behind him.

“I’m so fucking thirsty.” Justin told her before he took off headed to the club and their son.

He decided he would stop off at the local convenience store to get him something to drink. Him and Shift removed their helmets, leaving them on the bike as they entered the store. Justin went straight for the water bottles in the back as Shift made her way to the cigarette counter.

More out of habit than anything else he looked over his shoulder at his bike as he opened the water bottle and took a drink. He gritted his teeth in anger as he watched some punk hand some chick his phone as he sat on Justin’s bike. He was posing like some stupid ass model which pissed Justin off more.

He walked up to the cigarette counter and Shift and placed his water bottle on the counter as well as a twenty dollar bill, “Pay for my shit baby girl?” He asked as she nodded her head and he kissed her cheek.

Justin Timberwolf made his way out of the store, calmly walking over to his bike. He smiled politely at the chick that was with the jackass on his bike. She wasn’t the one on it so no reason to be mean to her.

“Like that bike?” Justin asked as he passed the chick to grab his helmet.

“I told him not to get on it.” She murmured as Justin threw her another charming smile.

“Nah, it’s cool.” Justin said as he played with the straps on his helmet.

“Cool because I just wanted a picture on it,” The guy told him as Justin nodded his head, “Who is that fucking hot honey?” The guy asked causing Justin to turn his gaze to the direction the guy was staring in.

Shift had walked out of the convenience store and was making her way to them holding Justin’s water bottle and a pack of cigarettes. Justin was already pissed that the asshole had the nerve to sit on his bike and now he was checking out his girl!

“That’s my pussy.” Justin gritted out as Shift stood beside the guy’s chick on the sidewalk.

“I bet it’s good pussy too. I wouldn’t mind tearing that up!” The guy said as he threw Shift a cocky smirk.

“It’s one thing to sit on my bike without permission. It’s another thing to talk about my girl like that. So this is your warning you’re going to apologize to my lady for disrespecting her and you’re going to get the fuck off my bike in five minutes or else I’ll make you.” Justin told him as he shared a look with Shift.

“Babe take the damn picture.” The guy ordered to his girlfriend as she shook where she was standing.

“Get off the bike baby.” She pleaded with her guy as Shift lit a cigarette.

“Take the damn picture you fucking whore!” The guy shouted at his girl.

Justin saw red and swung his helmet hitting the guy in the jaw, breaking it and knocking him off Justin’s bike.

“Never talk to woman like that and never sit on another man’s bike!” He shouted at the guy as he stormed over to where the guy fell.

“Ryan!” The guy’s chick yelled before she heard a click next to her head.

“Stay where you’re at. Let them deal with it because I would hate to have to shoot you.” She heard Shift tell her as she turned her head and her eyes met the barrel of 9mm glock in-between her eyes.

Justin grabbed the guy by the collar of his t-shirt and dragged him to where Shift stood, holding a gun to his chick’s head. He threw the guy down at her feet.

“Apologize to my girl.” Justin shouted as Shift nonchalantly took a puff.

“I-I’m s-sorry…I-I…d-didn’t m-mean I-it.” The guy stammered out as Shift flicked her cigarette in his face.

“I forgive you.” Shift told the guy as she lowered her gun, putting on the safety back on before shoving it in it’s holster on the inside of her jacket.

“Let’s go baby girl.” Justin told her as he got on his bike and patted the back of his seat.

“Ya’ll take care now.” Shift told the couple as she zipped up Justin’s water bottle in one of his saddle bags and got on behind him.

Shift took one last look at the couple as her and Justin put on their helmets. She smirked at them as she rested her chin on Justin’s shoulder and wrapped her arms around him. She felt the bike roar to life underneath her as she closed her eyes and relished in the feeling of being close to him again. She had missed this.

Chapter End Notes:

Biker Terms:

Cut-A leather jacket worn by members of a specific club

Old Lady-Wife or steady girlfriend of a club member

Cage(s)- Car(s)

Glock- Gun

The Wolf Pack- A MC or Motorcycle Club headed by President Paul Harless and Vice President Justin "Timberwolf" Timberlake. Located in Millington, TN. Original Chapter.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: outlawj bikerj