Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's another update that explains Justin and Shift's relationship a little bit more and how come they're so close.

Justin sighed as he pulled into his dad’s mechanic shop, the club’s cover for their gun and drug business. Most of the Prospects and single club members had rooms in the back. Technically he didn’t but he lived in Shift’s room. He had been sleeping in her room since he was 9 years old. That was the start of their relationship.

Shift’s father had been one of the original 9 members of The Wolf Pack. He was killed during a gun run from Texas to Tennessee, as well as her mother so Shift was sent to live at the club in Tennessee.

His father and mother had taken her in and treated her like a daughter. But he never saw her as a sister. She had been his first kiss and his first time. He was young and stupid back then and thought he needed to sow his wild oats but then she left for the military.

When she came back she was harder and rougher around the edges and just what he needed for his wild side. She became and still was his Old Lady, which made her hands off for any other club member. She would never walk away from him and he would never leave her.

He walked into the back of the shop as Shift followed him. He headed to the chapel because he knew that’s where his dad would be. Shift didn’t question him when he headed to that sacred room. She wasn’t allowed back there. At least not until the club held church. Right now would be private business between Justin and his dad.

She knew that as she headed to Kale’s room to check on him. She frowned as she entered the room and saw some girl she didn’t know looking over her son.

“Who are you?” Shift asked as she glared at the 20-21 year old girl sitting beside her son’s bed.

“I-I’m Kate but everyone calls me Teak.” The blond stammered out as Shift continued to glare at her.

“Okay Teak, what are you doin’ in my son’s room? Shift asked her as she picked up a sleeping Kale cautiously.

“Um…well Paul said I should watch him until a Shift shows up then we’re supposed to meet him in the chapel?” She said with a hint of questioning like she didn’t know who she was supposed to say her speech too.

“Okay then, let’s go.” Shift told her as she kissed Kale on his forehead before placing him back on his bed.

Shift didn’t wait for Teak to follow her as she headed towards the chapel. She never like being called to the chapel and she never was. The last time she had been called to meet Paul in the chapel he told her that her dad and mom were killed by a rival M.C.

She didn’t bother knocking as she swung open the huge redwood doors that kept their meetings secret. She could hear Teak’s boots hitting the concrete floor behind her so she didn’t bother waiting for her to catch up.

“Shift, just the person I wanted to see. This came in today and I thought you and Justin would want to see it together.” Paul told her as she took her seat beside Justin.

Paul slid a manila folder in their direction across the huge wooden table that had a wolf carved in the middle of it.

“These are divorce papers with Alyssa’s signature! When did this happen?” Justin asked his father as Shift tried to hide her smile as he handed the folder to her.

“That’s not important. The thing is they were signed and filed…if she wakes up…you know what that means. Let’s move on to Teak,” Paul told them as they turned their attention to the young blond standing in the room, “This is Teak. She’s a prospect. Shift, you’ll show her the ropes. From now on no more packing double Justin. Shift gets her own hog. This club will be ya’lls pretty soon. I need to know ya’ll can run it together as well as separated.” Paul told them as Shift and Justin nodded their heads at him.

“Church still on Friday?” Justin asked as Paul nodded his head.

“Shift, take some money from the safe and buy you a hog. Also three new cuts, one for the prospect. I think it’s time you and Justin retire the originals and moved on to better cuts,” Paul told them as they listened to his orders in silence, “That’s all. Go shop.”

Shift and Justin rose from their seats and left the chapel together. They couldn’t hide their smiles as they looked at each other. Justin was out of the pen and single. He still had to appear to be concerned about Alyssa but he was no longer married to her.

“Hey, I love you.” Justin whispered to her as they walked to their room unaware that Teak was following them.

“I love you too.” Shift whispered back as Justin caught her by surprise, cupping her face with one hand as his other one picked her up.

Her legs instantly wrapped around his waist as he kissed her. She moaned as his tongue ran along her bottom lip. He took advantage of that as his tongue entered her mouth to play with hers.

“We’re going to get new colors.” Shift told him in a sing song voice as she pulled back slightly and threw him a shy smile.

Justin laughed at her shyness. He had known her all his life and he knew she wasn’t a shy person but around him she was able to let her guard down. It’s hard to be tough all the time. He knew that better than anyone else but when it was just them two they didn’t have to worry about that.

“You’re beautiful. Are we taking our son?” Justin asked as he held her in the middle of the hallway.

“No, he’s asleep. Maybe you can take him for a ride later on tonight? I’m sure he would love that.” Shift told him as he smiled at her.

“Yeah that sounds good. Mom can watch him while we’re gone. She should be back from the hospital by now. Go get the cash and I’ll talk to Ma.” Justin told her as he let her down and she kissed him one more time before they separated and went their separate ways.

“Shift? Should I go? Or stay here?” Teak asked uncertain of what was expected of her.

“Oh Teak…um….stay here and help Lynn with whatever she needs then we’ll get you situated once I get back.” Shift told her before she headed to Paul’s office where the safe was.

Shift opened the office door expecting it to be empty so she was surprised to see Paul sitting at his desk.

“Shift, close the door.” Paul ordered as Shift did what she was told and closed the door behind her.

“What can I help you with Papa Paul?” Shift asked as she took a seat in front of his desk.

“Watch Teak closely. There’s been talk about the ATF sending in an undercover. We’ve got to watch all the prospects closely. Also I think it’s time you and Justin made a home together. Here’s the cash and some listings in the area. Take good care of my boy.” Paul told Shift as she took the cash and the listings.

“I don’t think Justin and I should live together.” Shift told Paul and he threw her a shocked expression.

“What? Don’t you love Justin?” Paul asked her.

“Of course I do. But wouldn’t the ATF get suspicious if Alyssa is laying in the hospital and the very same day Justin is buying a house with me? Because Dr. Rutherford is already sniffing and calling in the local heat. I don’t know….Justin and I will work it out.” Shift told Paul as she stood up, prepared to leave his office.

“You have a good point. I’m sure you and Justin will come to a reasonable decision.” Paul told her before she left his office.

He was definitely getting too old to run the business. He hadn’t thought through his plan. Thank goodness he was going to be handing the club over to Justin and Shift.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was scared. Scared for her life. She was trying to play it cool and not mess up her chances of working her way up the ranks. It was hard though. This club was tough and you don’t just leave.

No in this club you got two ways out…1. You die during a run or natural causes and you become a honorary member or 2. You choose to leave and the club hunts you down and kills you. And God forbid you get a tattoo representing The Wolf Pack because if you leave, they’ll cut the tattoo out of your skin before they kill you.

She was going to do everything Shift told her to do because she had to nail this. She had to prove to the club that she deserved to be a part of their family. Her job at the ATF depended on it. She was working undercover for the ATF trying to nail The Wolf Pack for gun-running and drug smuggling.

The Wolf Pack was bad news and Millington was suffering because of them. Of course only the law enforcement in Millington felt that way. Almost all the citizens of Millington were grateful for The Wolf Pack and the protection they provided but breaking the law and taking it into your own hands isn’t the way the American Justice System worked.

She was giving up everything to join their crew. If she contacted any of her family and they found out about her they would kill them. She wasn’t really scared of Paul or Justin. She knew she should be because they were known for being ruthless. However she was terrified of Lynn and Shift. They both had a way of just looking through you and they both protected the club through any means possible.

Teak knew she was special. She was the first female prospect The Wolf Pack had ever had. Shift had never had to work her way though the ranks nor Justin. And Lynn…well Lynn wasn’t an official club member just Paul’s Old Lady.

The ATF knew that in this club the women held the secrets and they hoped Teak would be entrusted with those secrets too. She had no doubt in her mind that she’d learn a lot of things from both Shift and Lynn. Especially if she kept being left in their care.

Chapter End Notes:

Biker Terms:

Prospects- Someone hopeful for club membership, who rides with the club during a probationary period. A unanimous club vote must be cast by the membership for full initiation.

Chapel- The room in a clubhouse where all business is discussed.

Church- A weekly meeting of a club in their chapel.

M.C.- Motorcycle Club

Packing double- Having a girl on the back of your bike.

Heat-Law enforcement officer

Hog- Harley Davidson motorcyle

Originals- A member's first cut that is never to be cleaned.

Colors- A club's uniform. A sleeveless jacket. The back has the club logo witht eh club name above it (Top Rocker) and the charter location and state below (Bottom Rocker) The front has a charter patch as well as other patches and pins of merit.

ATF- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: outlawj bikerj