Author's Chapter Notes:

Again thanks so much for reviewing and reading this story it means a lot to me.

Shift looked around Tripp’s Harley Davidson Showroom to see if there was anything that was calling out to her. Ridin’ for a club is different than being a Citizen or a Free Rider, you don’t just go to a Showroom and buy any Garbage Wagon. If you ride for MC then you’re expected to have the best of the best and for The Wolf Pack that meant Harley Davidson Dynas or Road Kings.

Shift looked across the showroom to see what Justin was doing. It didn’t surprise her that he was also looking and checking out bikes too. You can’t take a guy like Justin to a showroom and expect him not to want to buy a bike. She shook her head as she walked up behind him as he was talking to Tripp.

“JT, really? You’ve got a hog.” Shift told him as he laughed then threw her a sheepish grin.

“Aiden,” he said, using her real name, “I was just talking to Tripp. I swear I’m not looking for another bike,” he continued as she stared down his lyin’ ass, “but if I were, this Road King is great for long runs.”

“I’m not even goin’ try to talk you out of it because personally I would feel better with Kale ridin’ with you on a Road King instead of that chopper of yours,” Shift told him in her southern drawl as he beamed at her, “but,” she said as his smile faltered, “I suggest we pick out my hog first and if we have enough left over then we can get you the Road King.”

“I’m cool with that,” Justin told her with a wink and a cocky smirk as he slapped Tripp on the back, “Let’s find my lady a hog.”

“Do you have any ideas of what you’re looking for?” Tripp asked Shift as they walked around the showroom.

“Yeah, definitely something black but not too shiny, with ape-hangers, preferably dual exhaust, solo seat, since Kale rides with JT, I’m thinking something from the Dyna line.” Shift told them as Justin bit his lip.

There’s something about a girl who talks about bikes. Shift was different though, even though she didn’t mind packing double with him, she always like having her own hog. She even rode his chopper while he was locked up. If it had been anyone else he would have killed them but not his girl.

“We just got in a 2009 Dyna Street Bob…I swear it’s your perfect bike. Has everything you’re looking for,” Tripp started telling them as he walked them back to his warehouse, “I haven’t put it out on the showroom yet. It’s perfect and it’s not a garbage wagon. HD just came out with it, basically stripped down everything to the bare bones. You’re going to love it,” He told Shift as he walked her to the matte black hog in the back.

Shift took one look at the bike and knew it was the one she was looking for. She was in love for the third time in her life. First with Justin, second with Kale, and third with this hog.

“Like I said Shift, everything you’re looking for. Here’s your ape-hanger handlebars, staggered shorty exhaust with chrome dual mufflers, sport rear fender, painted, bullet headlamp, classic solo seat, mid mounted foot pegs, 4.8 gallon Street Bob fuel tank.” Tripp told her in his excited tone.

Shift smiled at that. He always got excited when he thought he found you your perfect bike.

“Is that a rubber mounted Twin Cam 96” Engine?” Shift asked as she got on the hog to get a feel for it.

“Yes ma’am. Also the paint, it’s called Black Denim…gives the bike more a matted rough edge to it since it’s not shiny at all. Dontcha think?” Tipp asked as Shift nodded her head.

“Let me take it for ride but I’m pretty much sold, if you want to take a look at the Road Kings with JT?” Shift told him.

Tripp nodded at her before he whistled at his workers to raise the door to the warehouse for her. He handed her the keys knowing that she would be buying that hog and Justin would be getting the Road King he wanted.

He had been supplying The Wolf Pack with hogs for as long as he could remember. They had been good customers to him and even helped him out. When his trucks were getting raided and his bikes were being stolen Paul had some members of The Wolf Pack ride along with his trucks for protection.

He didn’t mind their presence in Millington, some say he even enjoyed it. He wasn’t a member though. He chose to be a Free Rider and The Wolf Pack chose to respect that decision.

“Since we’re back here we can check out the new 2009 Harley Davidson Road King,” Tripp told Justin as Shift left the warehouse.

“How much is Shift’s hog?” Justin asked as they walked to where his shipments of Road Kings were at.

“About $13,000 and the Road King will cost you about $18,000...” Tripp told him.

“31 Grand…uh….we got about 30 to spend.” Justin told him as he eyed the Road Kings with want.

“How about you pay 18 for the Road King, do a protection run with one of my trucks and I’ll give you the Street Bob?” Tripp offered.

“Sounds good. How bad are you being raided?” Justin asked as his attention turned from the hog to Tripp.

“One truck a shipment, usually the Vintages.” Tripp told him with a sigh.

“Anyone packing?” Justin asked in a whisper.

“Yeah, .45s…a team of about three or four. I think there’s an inside man.” Tripp told him in a whisper so his workers wouldn’t hear.

“Happens where?” Justin asked as he looked around the warehouse for any perking ears.

“Between Memphis and Millington.”

“So they’re close. When’s the next shipment?” Justin asked as Shift pulled back into the warehouse.

“This comin’ Monday.” Tripp told him as Shift got off her hog and walked over to them.

“I love that bike.” She told them with a smirk as she removed her helmet and tucked it underneath her arm.

“What time does the Pack need to be in Memphis?” Justin asked as he threw his arm around Shift’s shoulder.

“He rides through around midnight or one in the morning. Should I let him know to wait?” Tripp asked Justin.

“Yeah at Pilot. The Pack will be there. I promise you that. Now tell me more about this Road King here.” Justin told him with a grin as Shift rolled her eyes.

“I’m goin’ go check out the cuts while you boys discuss things.” Shift told them as she kissed Justin’s cheek before walking back to the showroom.

“Um…this Road King is painted Vivid Black, it has front forks and rear shocks, a redesigned isolated drive system, a new 2-1-2 exhaust system, a 6 Gallon fuel tank, of course your rubber mounted 1584cc Twin Cam 96” Engine, full-length rider and passenger footboards. And because you want to travel with Kale it has a one piece, two up classic seat that would be perfect and comfortable. Also it comes with two leather-wrapped hard saddlebags, LED lights, and a Lexan Quick-release detachable windshield.” Tripp told Justin as he nodded his head and scratched his chin in thought.

“I’ll take it. Have them delivered to the club, will ya? I better go catch Shift before she buys out the whole store.” Justin told Tripp as they shared a snicker.

“I’ll ring ya up when you’re ready.” Tripp told Justin as Justin headed to the showroom to find Shift.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teak waited for Shift to return back to the clubhouse in Kale’s bedroom. The five year old had been waking up and drifting off to sleep ever since his mom had left. Lynn had picked up his medicine from the pharmacy and he felt a lot better but he still wanted his mom…not Teak.

Kale reminded her of Justin, without the roughness though. She thought Justin was a handsome man but no one could tame him…except for Shift. She would have to make sure she never let it slip that she thought Justin was good looking. Because if Shift ever heard her she would be dead.

No one came in between Shift and Justin. Lynn had already warned her that Justin was off limits. Every since Paulie, the club made sure no club Mama or Sweetbutt came in between Justin and Shift. People don’t talk about Paulie around here or what Shift did to her but the ATF had briefed her on Paulie and warned her about any feelings she might develop for Justin or Shift or the club.

Paulie “Not-so-bright” Albright was a club Mama looking to be a club member’s old lady. Unfortunately for her she set her sights on the wrong club member. During Justin’s patch-in party he got a little wasted and a little drugged and ended up sleeping with Paulie. Which wouldn’t have been so bad if he hadn’t already made Shift his old lady. So when Shift found out everyone thought the shit was going to hit the fan.

But it didn’t. Shift kissed LJ, or Dr. Rutherford, and Justin made sure to beat the fuck out of him but Paulie was untouched. Well not necessarily untouched she was kicked out and no longer a club mama. She ended up becoming a Wolf-Eater when Shift left for the military.

Paulie thought with Shift gone Justin would need her company and no one would know she even tried to get together again with Justin. But Lynn knew and Lynn made sure Shift knew. So imagine Paulie’s surprise when Justin didn’t want her. Shift was gone with the Marine Corp. for three years and Justin waited for her. Any other normal relationship and that would be it, Justin and Shift would be together and Paulie would stay away but this was The Wolf Pack and Shift had never settled things with Paulie.

So Shift’s welcome home gift from The Wolf Pack and Justin was Paulie “Not-so-bright” Albright. To this day people say what Shift did to Paulie was unspeakable, unfathomable, and ruthless.

The Wolf Pack had promised Paulie that she could be a club mama again…that things would be the way they were before but that wasn’t the case. They tricked her into showing up a the clubhouse and before she knew it she was being walked back into an empty concrete room by Justin. Inside Shift had waited with nothing but a cigarette, a lighter, and a knife.

Now no one knows exactly what happened in that room because when Paulie’s body was found people didn’t even know it was a body. But if you ask the residents of Millington they say they can still hear Paulie’s screams for mercy when they pass the clubhouse.

When Obie, a Wolf Pack member, died of old age he asked his family to forgive him for letting Paulie be gutted like a dog. He died in a nursing home in Avon, Indiana so his family didn’t know who Paulie was.

Even now club Mamas and Sweetbutts tremble when Shift walks into the room. When Justin walks in their eyes stare at the floor in fear of Shift and her wrath. So Teak would just stick to becoming a full member and if that meant watching over a sick Kale then she would do that.

Chapter End Notes:

Biker Terms:

Citizen: A biker or bike-enthusiast that does not belong to a club.

Free Rider: An individual who shares the same biker values and life-style but does not belong to a specific club.

Garbage Wagon: A stock motorcycle with standard parts. Not a chopper.

Dynas/Road Kings: Style of Harleys that The Wolf Pack rides.

Ape-hangers: High rising handlebars on motorcycles.

Packing: Carrying a gun.

Perking ears: Someone listening.

Chopper: A motorcycle chopped or cut down to only the bare essentials. Usually the front brake and fender are removed.

Vintages: Vintage motorcycles. Usually sold to bike-enthusiasts for big bucks.

Patch-in: To make someone a member of a club.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: outlawj bikerj