In the morning when I wake up
You're the first thing that I think of
I can make it through anything
Knowing that I've got you.
In the morning when I wake up
Nothing else can take the place of you
And I know this sounds crazy, but
I don't know where this ends
I don't know what I'm in
I can't see down the road
But it don't matter long as I got you
My world could fall apart
This life could get to hard
There's so much that I can loose
But it don't matter long as I got you

          

I rush down the hallways of the venue, and look at the two ties in my hands. Justin insisted, I go to wardrobe and get them so he could pick out which one he wanted for the first show, even though he had several laying in his dressing room already.     

I tried to convince him that a tie, is just a tie, but he wouldn't hear a word of it. He claims the tie, is the centerpiece of the outfit.    

If I didn't know better, I'd swear he's gay. Then again, I guess I should be glad that every article of his clothing, isn't bedazzled anymore.    

I enter his dressing room and find him perched on the couch, biting his nails and staring at the floor. I know he's agonizing over every small detail, because he's scared shitless.     

For a guy who seems so cocky, he has some major self doubt when it comes to his work. He's always so afraid that something will go terribly wrong, and he'll end up looking like a joke. He should know by now, that he's going to go out there and be incredible, just like he has thousands of times before.    

He could go out there, fall on his face, and sing the alphabet song, and people would still think he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.    

"Alright...light blue, or white?"
    

"Blue." He mumbles quietly. I hand him the tie, and he quickly strolls over to the mirror and puts it on.     

There's roughly 15 minutes until show time and I can already hear the crowd getting restless. I haven't been able to go look, but I'm sure the place is jam packed. A lot of buzz has been generated about this tour, and it's pretty much the hottest ticket in town.    

Who ever would have thought, a tour that sounds like a name for a bad porno, would be a big deal? 

I'm really proud of him, though. Words can't even begin to describe how great it is to see him finally getting the recognition he's been striving for, his entire life. He's got the critics and the public on his side, and that's a feat in itself.     

"Well?" He asks and bites his lip, as he turns to face me.    

His suit is simple and black, but the light blue tie does set it off a little. Alright...alright... alright, his stupid tie IS the centerpiece of his outfit. There...I said it.    

"You look good." I smile and he breathes a sigh of relief.    

"Are you hanging back here, or watching?"
    

"Watching, of course. Your Mom's saving me a seat."    

"Cool." He nods, before turning back to study his reflection in the mirror.     

The room is silent until there's a knock at the door, and we both jerk our heads toward it. Justin visibly tenses, and I have to bite back a laugh.     

He is so incredibly adorable when he's nervous. He's jumpy and shaky, and it's like, you just want to protect him.     

He follows me to the door, but before I can open it, he grabs my arm and turns me around to face him.  He's slightly paler than he was a minute ago, and for a split second, I wonder if he's going to throw up on me.    

"Take a deep breath. Calm down. You'll be amazing...as usual." I smile.    

He pulls me into a tight hug, and buries his face in my neck. "This is so weird without Lauren and Trace." He says softly.    

I nod in agreement, pat him on the back, and pull away from him. "Come on...you don't want to run behind."    

I open the door, and step out into the hallway. He grabs my hand, and laces our fingers together, while giving me a sheepish smile. Part of me knows, I should probably pull my hand away, but he needs some type of comfort right now, and if holding my hand is what he needs...I'm ok with that.     

His security team meets us at the door, leading us down the hallway, and right away, I see the change in him. He shoulders relax, his steps go from quick and short, to long, slow strides, he starts cracking jokes, and laughing loudly with his bodyguards.     

The only sign of my Justin, is the fact that his hand is still wrapped firmly around mine.    

As many times as I see it, I just can't get used to watching him perform. He's a completely different person while he's on that stage. I know the rest of the world sees their idol, but all I see, is that curly haired boy from Memphis, who used to eat dirt.     

We stop in front of a large white door, and Justin looks over at me, a huge grin on his face.    

"This is it."    

"Yeah, good luck." I smile as I pull my hand from his. "I'll see you at the hotel."    

He nods, then quickly lunges forward, and plants his lips on mine. Lately, this seems to be a habit of his. He'll catch me completely off guard and kiss me, for no apparent reason.    

The side of me that laid out all the rules for us, is a little irritated, but side that's still madly in love with him, thinks it's a little romantic.     

I hear the security team whistle, and make a few cat calls around us, and Justin smiles against my mouth, before slowly coaxing it open with his tongue. I still can't figure out how he's so damn good at this.     

I finally take a step back, and try to catch my breath. He winks at me, and before I know it, he's disappeared through that door, and I'm alone, my mind still reeling from being kissed like that.    

After a minute or two, I'm told to head to my seat. I quickly make my way out into the arena, and it takes me awhile to spot Lynn, but when I do finally find her...I can't stop the stupid grin from forming on my face.    

She is absolutely beaming with pride, as she looks around at the sold out crowd, all screaming for her son. That has to be a pretty unreal thing to see, to know that you brought this amazing, insanely talented man into the world.     

I ease into my seat next to her, and she looks over at me, that excited, proud smile never leaving her face.     

"I'm so happy for him!" She squeals, and is practically bouncing in her chair.     

"Calm down Lynn...Jesus...you're acting like this is his first show."    

My head snaps over in the direction of that familiar voice, and I have to fight the urge to scream in his face. I...oh my God...I can't believe they're here!    

"Hey, Al." Trace smirks, as Lauren waves at me.     

"What are you all doing here? You're supposed to be in Memphis!"    

"You honestly thought we were going to miss the first show? When have we ever missed the first show of a tour?" Lauren giggles and shakes her head. "Justin has no clue we're here."    

"That's...wow...you guys...that's amazing."    

"Yeah, we had it planned for awhile. We're leaving tomorrow afternoon, though." Trace frowns.    

Before I can respond, the arena goes black, and the stage is lit by God knows how many, red lights. A recording of Justin's low chant from the album, echoes through the building, and I swear, every person here is screaming as loud as their vocal chords will allow.    

The four of us rise to our feet, and Lynn is screaming, and jumping around like the 14 year old girls filling these seats.     

The round platform in the middle of the stage slowly begins to rise, and I can just barely see the top of Justin's head. I didn't think it was possible, but the volume of the screaming has doubled. Justin is finally completely on stage, and I can clearly see a small smirk on his face.    

I always swore, I would never jump around, and scream like an idiot at one of his shows, but for some reason...I can't stop myself. It's like, there's this electricity in the air, and I can't ignore it. Even Trace, who normally stands completely still, is bobbing his head to the music, and cheering.    

Watching Justin on stage, is mesmerizing. His every move is flawless, and he makes it look so easy, like he hasn't spent months in rehearsals, crafting each step to perfection.    

How stupid am I? I mean, seriously...what woman, in her right mind, would continuously fight him off? What the hell is wrong with me?    

Sure, he's made mistakes, and he isn't perfect...but who is? I mean, who really wants to be with someone who is perfect? Granted, life would be easier, but wouldn't it be kind of boring?     

I'll take Justin, over perfection, any day.      

Tonight, I'm going to put myself out there. I'm going to tell him everything I'm feeling, and pray to God, he still wants me.    

Tonight, I'm going to get him back.

 

**********************************    

 

I slide into a booth with Lauren and Trace, trying to ignore the stench of liquor and smoke. Justin has yet to show up, but I can already feel the knots forming in my stomach.     

I really don't know why I'm so nervous. It's not like being with him is something new for me. It's just...it's been so long, it's been just a few months, but so much has happened, and it feels like it's been years.     

Part of me knows, this is what he wants too, but there's still that little bit of doubt there. What if, after one show, he's ready to jump back into his Hollywood, party boy lifestyle? What if I just don't fit in his plan?    

Granted, I doubt he'd be moving back to Tennessee, if he wanted to go back to that life.    

I still can't really decide, if I actually want to move back. I agreed to it, for him. He was just so...excited, and when he said he wouldn't do it without me, I couldn't say no. I don't want to be responsible for him being miserable, and I know he hates the constant media attention.     

I guess, that was my biggest draw to moving, getting him away from the things he hates so much. He just wants to do what he loves, he doesn't want all the other bullshit that goes with it, and in Tennessee, he can get that.     

I check the time on my phone, and fight the urge to roll my eyes. It's nearing one a.m. He should have been here by now.     

Lynn opted to back out of the after-party, so after the show, she made her way backstage to see Justin, before she headed home.     

I would much rather be in my room, crawling into bed, but I wasn't going to miss the chance to spend some time with Lauren and Trace. Plus, it was his first show...so this after-party is kind of a big deal.    

Normally, I avoid these things all together. Really, they're just an opportunity for Justin to mingle with his fans, and the dancers. He'll usually show up, hang around for an hour or two, then head back to the bus or the hotel.    

However, the parties for the first and last shows, are a little different. A lot of the industry people, and tour sponsors show up, and Justin has to spend most of the evening kissing ass.    

Suddenly, every person in the club starts to whisper, and look toward the door. As many of these things as I've been to, I know exactly what that means.    

"It's about fucking time." Trace mutters and rolls his eyes. "All the idiot had to do was get a shower, and get dressed. How does that take two hours?"    

"He probably got caught up with Lynn." I shrug, and crane my neck to see him.    

He's barely even in the door, and there's already a crowd forming around him. The show was fantastic, and apparently, everyone wants to congratulate him. I've got a funny feeling we're going to be here for awhile.     

 

Almost another hour passes, before Justin breaks away from his adoring public, and makes his way over to our table. At the sight of Lauren and Trace, his jaw hits the floor, and there's no mistaking that shocked, excited look on his face.    

I knew he'd be thrilled to see them, especially Trace.     

When the four of us toured together, we could balance each other out. If there was too much testosterone, or estrogen flowing, we could split up and go our separate ways. Now, Justin and I, don't have that luxury.    

Well...he does, but I'm kind of stuck with him, or I'm on my own, since I have no desire to pal around with his female dancers.    

They're nice girls and all, but they're a little on the skanky side. I'm sure, any one of them would sleep with Justin in a heartbeat, if they got the chance.    

He slides into the booth next to me, and gives me a small smile.    

"You were amazing tonight." I say seriously.    

"Yeah, man. The show was fucking awesome. You totally killed it." Trace nods in agreement.    

"It wasn't bad." Justin shrugs. "There were a lot of mistakes. I guess, everybody was kind of nervous since it was the first show."    

"Please." Lauren rolls her eyes and giggles. "I did not see a single mistake. Justin, it was great."

"It wasn't anything anybody but me would notice. Missed cues, wrong steps...stuff like that. It's cool though."    

"Justin, the show tonight was really good."A pretty blonde smiles, as she appears in front of our table.    

"Thanks." Justin nods, before returning his attention to us. "Guys, this is Darcy, my new stylist."    

She smiles brightly at Lauren and Trace, but when her eyes land on me, that smile falls a little.     

"So, you're filling Lauren's shoes, huh?" Trace asks and takes a sip of his drink. "How's it been so far?"    

"It hasn't been easy, that for sure. Justin's been a huge help, though." She giggles and I can't help but roll my eyes.    

This girl might think she's slick, but I know exactly what she's doing, and I'm sure Justin does too.    

We've dealt with her type thousands of times over the years. She just wants to get close to Justin, probably for the money, or to have her face splashed across the tabloids. I'll play nice for now, but if she gets too close, I have no problem telling her to back off.  I'll do whatever I need to, to protect Justin from having yet another person like that, enter his life.    

It absolutely kills me, that people only want to be around him for one reason. If they'd take the time to really get to know him, they'd see how amazing he really is. But, apparently having money and success cancels out the importance of your personality.    

Justin and life size Barbie chit chat for awhile, before she finally struts off. As she walks away, Trace and Justin share a look, and I know, they're checking her out.    

Boys really are pathetic sometimes.    

"Well, I don't know about ya'll, but I'm ready to go." Justin yawns loudly and stretches his arms above his head.    

The four of us file out of the booth, and Justin's security team quickly surrounds us as we head for the door.    

Once we reach the hotel, Trace and Lauren head to their own room, while Justin and I do the same.     

 

Once I'm in the comfort of my hotel room, I start rushing around at a frantic pace. I shower quicker than I ever have, and rummage through my suitcase.    

I can't explain it, but...I want to look good. Like, really good. I want him to think that he never has to look at another woman again.    

But, I am no good at this kind of crap. Normally, I'd show up at his door, in my flannel pajamas, but tonight...is different. It has to be perfect.    

I dial Lauren's number as quickly as my shaky hands will allow, tell her I need her help, then I sit down to wait.

 

******************************    

 

I tug awkwardly at the hem of the short black, silk robe, Lauren forced me into wearing, and look around to make sure there's no one in the hallway.     

When I asked for Lauren's help, I wasn't expecting her to make me dress like a slut. I figured, she'd help me pick out something nice, then help with my hair and make-up, but oh no. Lauren never does simple, which is why I'm running around in nothing but my underwear, and a robe.   

It's damn near four in the morning, and I'll be shocked if Justin's even awake, much less prepared to talk about all of this.     

I finally reach his door, and hesitate before I knock. What if this doesn't work?    

I look down at myself, and smirk. Who am I kidding? Of course it's going to work. Justin's always been a sucker for half naked women.    

I knock loudly, and right away, I can hear him cursing and muttering to himself. I probably could have waited until morning, but I just didn't want to. I need to be back with him.     

The door swings open, and right away, the anger on his face fades. He looks me up and down a few times, before his eyes finally meet mine, and he swallows hard.    

"Uh...he-hey...Al." He stutters, and I can't help but smile at him. He really is too cute for his own good.    

"Can I come in?"    

"Oh, um...yeah, yeah..come in." He takes a step back and opens the door, allowing me to enter the room.    

Just as I suspected, it's a mess. His suitcases are open, clothes spilling out onto the floor,and there's several pairs of shoes thrown about. It amazes me how, everywhere he goes, he manages to make himself at home.     

"So, what's up?" He sits down on the edge of the bed, and stares at me.    

It may sound kind of silly, but seeing him look at me like that, has given me a whole new sense of confidence. I guess, I'll have to thank Lauren for convincing me to wear this, because obviously, Justin is appreciating it.     

I straddle his lap, slide my arms around his neck, and smile when his eyes widen. Since the first time we got together, he's been the one making all of the moves, but those days are over. He needs to know, that I need and want him, just as much as he needs and wants me.    

"So...I've been thinking..." I say quietly, and graze my lips across his neck.    

"Oh...oh...umm...really?"    

"Mm hmm." I hum out a response and grin at how nervous he is.    

"So, uhh...what..what have you been thinking about?"    

"Well..." I smile, and move hands down to the hem of his T-shirt and quickly pull it over his head. "I've been thinking about you...and me...and, then when you kissed me today before the show, I knew I needed to do something."    

He kisses me slowly, taking the time to really explore my mouth, and I can't help but smile at the feeling of his hands fumbling with the tied belt of my robe.     

Why did I let myself fight him off for so long? I love him, and there's no reason to not be with him. All of the issues between us, were minor. We could have worked through them, but I was too proud, and too stubborn to listen to him. He did nothing but try, and all I did, was push him away. But now, I'll do whatever I have to, to make it up to him.    

"Holy shit, Al." He sighs once he finally gets my robe open. "Damn, girl."    

I roll my eyes and giggle as I look down at my black, lacy bra and panties. "Lauren talked me into it."    

"Remind me to thank her later." He smirks, before his lips crash against mine again.    

He slides us back onto the bed, never breaking our contact, and before I know it, I'm laying flat on my back, with him hovering over me. He pulls away to catch his breath, and I know, this is my chance.    

"Justin, I wanna get back together." His eyes seem to light up, and a silly grin appears on his face.    

Thank you, God. Because even though I had hopes this would go well, I was still terrified of how he'd react.    

Before he can respond, there's a loud knock on the door, and confusion registers on both of our faces.    

"I swear to God, if you answer that door...I will leave right now." I whisper harshly.     

He chuckles softly and rolls his eyes. "I answered for you, didn't I? It might be important."    

He crawls off of the bed, and pads over to the door, while I quickly slip under the covers. Who the hell is going to show up at his door, at four-thirty in the morning?    

I mean, yeah, ok...I did, but I had a perfectly good excuse.     

When he opens the door, I hear a soft giggle, and roll my eyes in disgust. Is this chick for real? I mean, I get that she's new around here, and probably wants someone to hang out with, but Justin is off limits.    

I guess my protective side is kicking in, because I'd love to get out of this bed, and go slam that door right in her face.    

"Darcy, what the hell are you doing here? It's almost five a.m." Justin sighs in frustration.    

"Well, I was thinking...maybe we could have a little celebration of our own." She holds up a bottle of champagne and giggles stupidly.    

"Look...I appreciate the offer, but it's late, my girlfriend is here..."
    

"Oh, you have a girlfriend?" Her tone isn't as light anymore, but I can tell she's still trying to fake enthusiasm.    

"Yes. I've had a girlfriend for quite awhile."    

I smile proudly at that statement, and shake my head. I really don't deserve him. Even though he can be kind of stupid sometimes, he's been nothing but good to me.     

"Oh, alright...well, sorry I bothered you."
    

"It's cool." He shrugs. "Night, Darcy." He closes the door, and crawls back into bed with me.    

"So, you've had a girlfriend for awhile, huh? Maybe I should get the hell out of here before she comes back, then."    

"Cute." He rolls his eyes and pulls me against him, his hands settling on my hips. "You're sure about this? You really want to get back together?"    

I kiss him quickly and nod. "Yeah, I do. I love you, Justin. More than I ever thought I could, and I just...I'm tired of trying to be logical. I want to put everything behind us, and just start over."    

"Gee, that sounds familiar...I could have sworn someone else wanted to do that to begin with." He laughs and rolls his eyes.     

I slap his arm playfully and giggle. "Shut up."    

"C'mon, Al. I wanna hear you say it." He smiles wickedly and pokes my side. "I was right, you were wrong."    

"I wasn't wrong."    

"Woman, you were wrong...and you know it."    

"Ya know...I'd kind of planned on having sex with you tonight, but I guess I can go back to my own room." I shrug and move to sit up, but he's quicker than I am, and tackles me onto my back.    

"You're not going anywhere. You're stuck with me now." He grins, then places his lips on mine.    

Call me a sap, but I don't think there's anywhere in the world, I'd rather be.    

I don't know what's going to happen, or how this will play out a second time around, but we're together, and that's all that matters.

 

 

 

"I Got U"-Blake Lewis



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story