Well I was moving at the speed of sound.
Head-spinning, couldn't find my way around, and
Didn't know that I was going down.
Where I've been, well it's all a blur.
What I was looking for, I'm not sure.
Too late and didn't see it coming.
       

 

The last five weeks, have been the absolute best five weeks of my life.    

I've toured the world, won awards, met my heroes, and done things most people can only dream of doing, but none of that compares to waking up and seeing Ally laying next to me, everyday.    

The last five weeks have been amazing, the tour is going ten times better than I could have imagined, and for the first time in my life, I'm completely at ease.    

Plus, Ally can't keep her damn hands off of me, and by no means, am I complaining. The first time we were together, I had no problem with our sex life. I was more than satisfied, but since we've been back together, things have gotten much more...frequent, in that department.    

I just can't get over how much things have changed, in such a short period time, and I definitely can't ignore the fact that things took a turn for the better, once Charlie Walters was taken out of the picture.    

But, I'm done worrying about the past. I'm going to focus on now.     

The first time we were together, I wasted too much time worrying about things that had happened, or were going to happen, and I lost Ally because of it. Now, I'm going to take everything day by day, because I can't lose her again.    

Ally rolls over next to me, throws her arm over my stomach, and I can't help but smile.     

It probably sounds kind of weird, but I think this, is when she looks her best. First thing in the morning, when her hair is all wild, and she doesn't have an ounce of make-up on her face. Either way, she's gorgeous, but without it, she's got this natural thing going, and it's breathtaking.    

Her face scrunches up, before she yawns loudly, and her eyes flutter open. She smiles lazily at me, and scoots closer, nudging my arm until I slide it around her, and pull her against my side.    

"Happy Birthday." She says sleepily, that smile never leaving her face. "26.... How old do you feel?" She giggles as I roll my eyes.    

I never did enjoy being the oldest of the four of us. Even when we were kids, I caught a bunch of shit for being almost six months older than the three of them. Their Birthdays are all in the middle of the summer, and about a month apart. They used to have this huge joint Birthday party when we were growing up, so I'm kind of the outsider.    

"I'm not old." I pout. She giggles and straddles my stomach.    

"Ok, ok...you're not old. You're....experienced. How's that sound?"
    

"Not much better." I chuckle and roll my eyes.    

"So, what are we doing today, Birthday boy?" I groan, and rub my face a few times before giving her a blank look.    

I haven't put any thought into my Birthday this year. There's just been way too much going on lately. Plus, this is my first whole day off since the tour started, my family, Lauren and Trace aren't around, so it's kind of like, what's the point?     

"I don't know. It's not really a big deal this year."    

She frowns a little, but quickly replaces it with a smile. "How about...we spend the whole day here. We'll get room service, watch movies, and just be totally lazy."

"That could work."    

"Well, it should. Too much excitement might wear your old ass out, and then you'd be completely useless to me."    

"You're hilarious." I roll my eyes and smile sarcastically at her.    

This, is probably the best part about being with her. She's such a simple girl, and it doesn't take much to make her happy.    

The women in my past, always wanted limos, expensive dinners, jewelry, or to rub elbows with celebrities. Ally, on the other hand, is perfectly content to lay around in her pajamas, and do absolutely nothing, as long as I'm with her.    

She's the first girl I've been with, who just wants me, and that's a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm not having to constantly question or doubt her. She just wants to be with me.    

However, if she wanted all of that other stuff, all she'd have to do, is say the word. I would gladly give her the world if she asked for it.     

She places a few kisses up my neck, but stops when she reaches my mouth. She pulls back a little, and stares at me with an intensity, I don't think I've ever seen in her eyes before.     

I don't know what she's thinking or feeling, but I know it's about me.    

"You alright?" She nods, her eyes never leaving mine, chews on her bottom lip nervously for a few minutes, before she responds.    

"Justin...are you sure this is what you want? Me, I mean. Because if it's not...say the word. If you want to date around or whatever..."        

I kiss her to shut her up, and before I even realize it, she's underneath of me, holding onto my arms like she'll never let go.        

"Ally, are you insane? I mean seriously...what the hell makes you think stuff like that?"    

"I don't know. It's like, things are almost too good, ya know?"

"And the problem with that would be?" I laugh and shake my head. "You think way too much. Just be happy, and enjoy it, alright?"

"Right. You're right." She nods.    

"Of course I'm right. In case you haven't noticed, I'm always right." I smirk, as she shifts underneath of me, and I can feel that familiar strain building up in the pit of my stomach.    

I don't think I'll ever get tired of making love to her. I can't get enough of the way her body fits mine so perfectly, or the way my name rolls off of her tongue. I swear to God, I'm addicted to this woman.    

She shifts again, and smiles shyly. She knows exactly what she's doing to me, right now.    

"You wanna?" She asks and bites her lip.    

I roll my eyes and smile sarcastically. "No, Al. I want to go for a nice long walk."    

"Alright. If that's what you want." She shrugs and giggles softly.    

I attack her neck with my mouth, and grin at all of the little sighs and noises she makes. In a way, I guess we're making up for lost time.    

I have to say, our break-up was by far, the strangest one I've ever experienced. I'm the type to cut all ties with my ex's, but I couldn't bring myself to do that with her. She was still my best friend, and I wasn't going to let that go.    

Ally groans loudly, and whispers my name. Unfortunately, I know I'm not the one causing that noise. There's a loud knock on the door, and I'm trying my best to blow it off.    

"Ignore it." I mumble as my hands slide to the waist band of her shorts.    

I don't give a shit, who is on the other side of that door. They are not interrupting my Birthday sex. God himself, couldn't pull me away from her right now.    

"They aren't leaving." She sighs in annoyance as another knock echoes through the room.    

Somebody better be dead, or seriously injured, and if they aren't now...they will be.    

I climb out of bed angrily, and throw a shirt on before heading for the door. I look out the peephole quickly, and roll my eyes at the sight of that long blonde hair.    

Darcy's a nice girl and everything, but holy shit...she's annoying, and this is becoming a habit of hers. Ally and I will just get something started, and she shows up at my door, or calls.     

I'm beginning to think she has my hotel rooms bugged or something.    

Honestly, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, if she'd go away when I don't answer, but she makes herself impossible to ignore. She'll pound on the door until I can't take it anymore, and open. And, when she calls...the phone rings off the hook until I answer.    

I've tried everything. I've turned off my phone, changed hotel rooms...it's like, she just won't get the fucking hint.     

I open the door and force a smile, when I see her standing there with a cake. She smiles brightly, and holds it out, showing me the "Happy Birthday Justin", scrawled neatly across the top of it.    

There is about to be one seriously pissed off brunette in this room.    

"Happy Birthday!" Darcy squeals happily, and I close my eyes as I hear the bathroom door slam hard behind me.   

Shit.    

"Thanks, Darce." I nod and take the cake as she passes it to me. She pushes past me into the room, and I'm silently thanking God, that Ally went into the bathroom.     

I know she's pissed, but I don't even want to think about what she'd do, if she was face to face with Darcy right now.     

She's been doing a good job of biting her tongue, but I know Darcy and her surprise visits, are starting to wear thin on Ally's nerves.    

I mean, it is a little annoying, but I kind of feel bad for the girl. She came into this whole thing at the very end of the promotion, and even then, Lauren was still handling most of the work load. She never got the chance to get to know anybody, and she's just trying to make some friends, and fit in.    

However, I don't think she realizes, that there's certain lines you don't cross, and you definitely don't piss off my girlfriend.    

I've been on the receiving end of Ally's temper, more times than I care to count, and it's not a pleasant experience.    

"So, I was thinking...since you've been so great about helping me adjust to touring and everything, I'd like to take you to dinner for your birthday." She smiles brightly.    

I can distinctly hear things being thrown around, and slammed in the bathroom. I shut my eyes, and take a deep breath. This really is not fun.    

"Darcy, that's really nice, but you don't have to do that."    

"I insist. It's the least I could do. I won't take no for an answer, Justin."    

"I'd love to, but I already have plans...with my girlfriend."    

She frowns, then nods slowly. "I understand. Rain check?"

"Yeah, sure."    

"Alright...well, I'll see you later." She squeezes my arm gently as she walks past, then lets herself out.    

Great. My big stupid ass mouth just agreed to go to dinner with my stylist, who I'm pretty sure, wants to get in my pants. I really am a dipshit sometimes. But, maybe I can dodge her for awhile, and hopefully, she'll forget all about it.    

I seriously doubt it, but anything's possible, right?    

I knock softly on the bathroom door, but get no response. I'm really not surprised at the silent treatment. It's Ally's specialty.    

Rather than confront the issue at hand right away, she'll spend days ignoring you until she's calmed down a little, then out of nowhere, she'll explode.    

"She's gone, Al." After a minute or so, the door is jerked open, and she glares at me before folding her arms over her chest and leaning against the door frame.    

This is so not how I want to spend my birthday.    

"What's wrong?" Maybe, if I play the stupid and innocent card, I can weasel my way out of this, and we can go back to the fun stuff.    

"What's wrong?" She laughs bitterly and shakes her head. "I'll tell you what's wrong...you just made a date with your psycho stalker stylist!" She storms past me, and hops back into bed, pulling the covers up around her neck.    

"I did not make a date with her. She wants to take me to dinner for my birthday. She'll probably get the whole crew to go."    

"Justin, don't be an idiot." She mutters and rolls her eyes.    

"I said no...doesn't that count for anything?"    

"Correction...you said no for today, but agreed to go another time. That's the same as saying yes."    

"I'll find a way out of it. Trust me." I slide into bed next to her, and pull her against me. She doesn't push me away, but she's stiff in my arms and she keeps her arms folded across her chest. "Or, I'll just take you with me, and let you be a bitch the whole time."    

She cracks a small smile, and I know, her anger is subsiding. Thank God, because I do not want to spend all damn day, kissing her ass and apologizing.    

If anybody's supposed to get their ass kissed today, it's me. I'm the Birthday boy.    

Yeah I know, I sound like a little kid. Who cares?    

"You're not allowed to be mad at me today, you know. It's my birthday. You have to do whatever I say." I shoot her a cheesy grin. She giggles and rolls her eyes, before slapping my arm.    

"Oh please. The last time we played that game was on your 10th Birthday, and we convinced Trace to climb that tree, and he fell out and broke his arm."    

"It wasn't my fault the dumb ass couldn't climb a tree." I shrug as she slides her arms around my neck.    

I don't expect things to always be perfect, but I know it can't go as wrong as it did before.     

I'm focusing on the here and now, but I know...this thing between us, is going to last the rest of our lives, and that's exactly how I want it.

 

********************************    

 

"What are you doing?"
    

"Looking at houses."    

"Why?"    

"Gee, Justin...maybe because we're moving?" She sighs in frustration, her eyes never leaving her laptop.    

I nod and plop down next to her on the couch, and try to get a look at the screen, but she quickly jerks it away.        

"You know... I was planning on having the house built, right?"    

"And it'll be some huge house with too many rooms that we don't need. If you're keeping the house in L.A, why waste the money, and build another big ass house?"    

"I need a studio." I shrug.    

"And that's why I'm looking at houses with basements." She rolls her eyes and scoots away from me. "Shouldn't you be at sound check or something?"    

I don't get her deal today. She's moody and mean and just...ugh. Yesterday, she was fine. We laid around all day, watching movies and pigging out. It was the perfect way to spend my birthday, if you ask me.      

Today, it's like she woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something. Anything I say or do, seems to annoy her, and she's spent a good portion of the afternoon avoiding me. It doesn't make any sense, but that's Ally for ya.    

"I don't have sound check for another hour. I thought I'd hang out with you until then."      

She smiles and sets the laptop on the table, making sure to turn the screen away from me. If she's looking for a house, why does she keep hiding that damn thing?    

Something weird is going on around here.    

"Can I see the houses you were looking at?"    

"Oh..umm...no. You wanted to hang out, let's hang out."     

She smiles, but I'm not backing down. I lunge forward and reach for the laptop, but she's quicker than I am, and grabs it first. She closes out the open windows, then hands it to me.    

"Ally, what the hell?"    

"Justin, it's my computer. Just let it go."    

"I don't think so. Since when do you hide shit from me?"    

"I don't...I just...I deserve some privacy, don't I?"    

Alright, now I'm convinced, something's going on, and whatever it is...can't be good.     

"What's going on?"

"Fine..." She sighs and grabs the laptop out my hands. She types away for a few minutes, then finally hands it back to me. "There, that's what I was looking at."    

I look at the web page, and frown. She always manages to make me look like a jackass.

I browse through some of the text, then look over at her. "Why didn't you say something?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise, you idiot. I thought it'd be cool...once the tour's over, and Lauren has the baby...the four of us could go away for a week, and just hang out. One of the security guys was telling me about this resort in Hawaii, that he stayed at with his wife, and I thought I'd check it out." She shrugs.     

Sometimes, I really wonder why she puts up with me. I'm a jealous, paranoid freak, and she doesn't deserve that. I've gotten better about trusting her, but sometimes, when something looks funny, I tend to fall back into being suspicious. It's only natural, I think. I really can't help it.     

"I'm sorry, Al."    

"It's not a big deal." She shrugs. "Anyway...I'm hungry." She pats my knee, before standing up and heading for the door.    

I feel like an asshole. She had this really great idea, and I completely ruined it. I mean, we can still go...but it definitely won't be as cool.     

I walk up behind her, turn her around, and pin her against the door. "I really am sorry." I say quietly and kiss her slowly.     

She nods and slides her arms around my neck, deepening the kiss. Just as my hands are about to slip under her shirt, there's a loud knock on the door, and we both jump.    

"Justin, I swear to God...if that's her...I'm getting a restraining order." Ally whispers as I move to open the door.     

There's no hiding the shock on my face, or Ally's, the second that door is opened. I turn to look at her, and her mouth is hanging wide open. I can tell she's trying to form the right words, but nothing seems to be coming.     

The three of us stand there, staring at each other for what feels like hours, before Ally finally finds her voice.    

"Charlie? What are you doing here?"

 

 

 

"Crashed"-Daughtry



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story