It's so clear now that you are all that I have
I have no fear cause you are all that I have
You're cinematic razor sharp
A welcome arrow through the heart
Under your skin feels like home
Electric shocks on aching bones
There is a darkness deep in you
A frightening magic I cling to
It's so clear now that you are all that I have
I have no fear cause you are all that I have         

 

"Charlie? What are you doing here?"    

I swear to God, I can actually feel my head spinning. There's absolutely no reason for him to be here.     

I honestly believed I'd put that whole mess behind me. I specifically told him, I couldn't be around him after what he tried to do to Justin. It was just so stupid. Hiding the story boards for that video, was completely senseless.     

And, I can't believe he has the nerve to show his face around here again.    

"She asked you a question." Justin glares at Charlie, then wraps his arms around me protectively.    

"Johnny actually sent me out to discuss some things with you, Justin. But, if this is a bad time, I can come back later."    

I can tell he's trying as hard as he can, to be professional, but I can clearly see the regret in his eyes. Maybe, I was wrong for being so hard on him. After all, his actions didn't have any impact on the video, and he admitted that he was wrong.    

"Like what?" Justin asks, tightening his grip on my waist.    

"Well, first there's the next video, and they're tossing around the idea of doing a live special...probably for HBO. But, like I said...if now is a bad time, I can come back."

"I'm free tomorrow morning." Justin shrugs. "We can grab breakfast." Charlie nods, then quickly disappears down the hallway.    

"Breakfast with Charlie? That'll be a barrel of freakin monkeys." I roll my eyes as Justin lets go of me, and we exit his dressing room.    

"Yeah, I'll let you know how it goes." He smiles, then laces his fingers through mine, and we head down the hallway.    

"You won't have to do that, since I'll be there."    

"No. You won't."    

"So...you're saying I'm not allowed to go?" I arch an eyebrow at him, and he's still grinning like an idiot.    

"That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't want you anywhere near that asshole."    

"Justin, as your assistant...I think I need to be there. Somebody needs to know what the hell is going on around here."    

"Ally, come on...why would you even want to go? You said you didn't want to see him again. It'll be boring as shit anyway. Basically, I'm protecting you, if you really think about it."    

"Whatever." I roll my eyes as we approach the catering room and step inside.    

Clearly, he still isn't over the whole Charlie thing. In a way, I understand, but this has nothing to do with any of our personal issues. It's a business meeting, and being the person who handles all of his scheduling, I need to be there.    

I'll need to coordinate the dates for the video shoot, and if they're going to do a live special, I'll need to know when, so I can clear his schedule.    

If I could depend on Justin to write things down, and know his own damn schedule, it wouldn't be a big deal, but he never knows what's going on from one minute to the next. And, that's really not his fault. He's got so many things to worry about on a daily basis, so it's completely normal for some things to get lost in the shuffle. That's why I'm here.    

The whole purpose of my job is to remember all of the things that Justin can't. Unfortunately, he's too wrapped up in personal shit, to realize that.    

Deep down, I kind of knew there would come a time where we would cross paths with Charlie again. The man is the best video producer in the business, and Johnny demands nothing but the best for Justin, and his career.     

Justin had the idea stuck in his head, that Charlie was gone forever, but I knew better.    

I knew it would happen, I just didn't expect it so soon. I figured it would be several months down the road, after everyone had time to really get over everything that happened.    

I don't even really want to see Charlie, but I have to look at this from the business side of things, and I know, I should be there.    

Whether Justin likes it or not, I will be sitting in on his little meeting with Charlie.

 

*******************************************    

 

I stroll into the hotel restaurant and right away, I spot Justin and Charlie seated at a table in the corner. Justin looks bored out of his mind, while Charlie talks animatedly. I can only assume that Charlie is rambling off the details of everything Johnny has planned, and naturally...Justin isn't paying any attention.    

Further proof that I need to be here.     

I make my way to the table, and both of their heads snap up in my direction. Charlie nods and smiles politely, while Justin glares at me.     

"Morning, boys." I smile and slide into the booth, next to Justin.     

"Good morning, Ally." He says through gritted teeth.    

"Ally...I'm actually glad you're here..." Charlie pulls a folder from his brief case, and lays it in front of me. "Everything you'll need is in here. The dates, contact numbers, and I believe there's an itinerary for the live special. HBO is picking it up, and they'd like to run a mini-documentary with it, so you'll need to clear the week around that show."    

"Sounds good." I nod and flip through the pages.     

"Yeah...I was going to tell you all about it." Justin mutters.    

"I'm sure you were, sweetie." I smile condescendingly and pat his cheek. "Anything else, Charlie?"    

"Actually, yeah...Johnny wants me to hang around for a few weeks to make sure you're able to coordinate everything for the live shows, so I'm going to need all of the paperwork you've got on the scheduling for the next month or two. Justin's got everything else. So, I'll see you guys later." He smiles, before quickly sliding out of the booth, and exiting the restaurant.     

I grab a menu and browse over it, waiting for Justin to launch into a rant. I know he didn't want me here, and maybe...I should have just listened to him, but I told him a long time ago that I refused to let our relationship interfere with work. If I hadn't come down here, I'd be doing just that.     

Justin can be as upset and angry as he wants, I know I did the right thing. Besides... I was here for a whole 30 seconds, before Charlie left.     

"Thanks." He says quietly.     

"You're welcome." I nod. I definitely wasn't expecting that.     

"You knew that I'd have no idea what he was talking about, didn't you?"    

"Of course I did. I tried to tell you that, Justin. You've got to learn to separate our relationship from work, and you have to let me do my job...even if it involves someone you don't want me around. You don't see me getting all weird about Darcy."    

"Oh that is total bullshit." He laughs and shakes his head. "I even mention her name, and your eyes get all bugged out and you get pissy."    

"Only when she shows up in the middle of the night." I giggle. "When I start showing up to your fittings, then you can worry."    

"Yeah...right." He rolls his eyes playfully.         

I know that neither one of us is too happy about having Charlie around again, but we'll get through it. As long we can trust each other, the fact that he's back, and Darcy's constant intrusion, won't matter.     

We've had enough shit thrown at us through our lives, we're going to be just fine.     

Atleast, I hope so.

 

************************************    

 

"Is he still hot?"    

"Lauren!" I shriek and roll my eyes.     

"It's a completely valid question, Al. The man is gorgeous...no matter how stupid he may be. So, I want to know...is he all heartbroken and stuff...or is he still hot?"

"He's still hot." I mutter. "Totally professional, like nothing ever happened."    

"But Justin's probably wigging out, right?"    

"Big time." I sigh and rub my temples. This is causing me way too much stress.    

Justin is at soundcheck, and having nothing to do, I snuck back to the dressing room to call Lauren. I had to tell somebody about Charlie's sudden reappearance, and the fact that he'll be around for awhile.     

I'm glad that Charlie and I can keep our personal matters out of this, but I'm worried about Justin. He pretty much went crazy the last time Charlie was around, so there's really no telling what he'll do now.    

"Let him freak out. It brings the ego down a notch." She giggles. "Speaking of egos...are you alright?"    

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure? I mean...it was pretty obvious that you really liked Charlie. Can you handle him brushing you off?"    

I hadn't actually thought about that. And of course, leave it to Lauren to bring it up.     

In a way, it is a little unnerving to have him show up, and act like nothing happened. I mean, this is a man who claimed he tried to sabotage my boyfriend's music video, because he didn't want to let me go. Yet, once I was gone, he made no attempt to contact me, then he waltzes back into my life, acting all professional and ignoring our recent past.     

To say I'm angry, would be a gross understatement.    

Thanks a lot, Laur.    

"Why would I care if he brushes me off? Why should I give a shit about Charlie, when I have Justin?"    

"I'm just saying, Al." She lets out a heavy sigh, and I frown.    

Unfortunately, Lauren knows me, better than I know myself. Which means, she knows that this is going to mess with me, in a big way

 

****************************************    

 

Justin strolls onto the bus and collapses on the couch, resting his head in my lap. He grins up at me, before grabbing my hand and resting it over his heart.    

I don't think he could be any more adorable if he tried.     

"Good show?"

"Perfect." He smiles proudly. "How come you didn't watch?"    

"I was putting the paperwork together for Charlie. In the morning, I have to call and cancel a bunch of stuff."    

He scrunches up his nose and rolls his eyes. "Did they ever think that maybe, I don't want to do this shit?"    

"What can I say? You're popular." I shrug.     

He's silent for a few minutes, just staring up at me, and that's when I realize...I couldn't care less how Charlie acts.     

How in the world, could anything else matter, when I have this amazing man in my life?    

I probably don't tell him anywhere near enough, but I am completely, insanely, head over heels in love with him. I don't think there's anyone in the world who could make me feel even half of what he does.     

No matter what's going on, or what kind of mood I'm in, he makes it his mission to put a smile on my face. He's never had any problem telling me exactly what I mean to him, and when I'm with him...I feel like the most amazing woman on the planet.    

How could anyone not adore that?    

I really don't deserve him, but I think knowing that, makes me appreciate him that much more. I never want to take him for granted, and I know, if I ever get to a point where I think I'm too good for him, that's exactly what will happen.    

To this day, I still can't understand why so many women have used him. I know, he's done his fair share of stupid and hurtful things, but when he's in a relationship, he puts all of himself into it.     

I defy any woman he's been serious about, to say they weren't treated like a fucking princess.     

"So...I was thinking..." He says suddenly and sits up. "What if, I called Johnny and told him to send somebody else out to take care of the live special stuff."    

"Instead of Charlie?"     

Here we go again.        

"Yeah, I mean...I don't like the guy, Al. Despite everything that happened...I just in general don't like him, and I don't think I want him handling anything that has to do with my work."    

"Justin." I sigh and shake my head. "He's the best in the business."    

"So." He shrugs. "I mean, what if I did it? Once the tour's over, I want to get more into production anyway...why not start with my own stuff?"    

"Producing music is completely different from film production."    

"You don't think I can do it?" He asks quietly, hurt written all over his face.    

I know he can do it. I just...I don't want him to stretch himself too thin. During the Justified tour, he was doing so much and by the time he was off the road, he was exhausted. He took three years off because he couldn't handle the workload. I just don't want to see him back in that position, where he's miserable and wants to give up.     

"Justin...of course I think you can do it."     

He grins and kisses me sweetly, before hopping off the couch. "I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna produce my own damn live special, and it's gonna be fucking awesome." He trots off to the back, and I can only assume he's going to call Johnny.     

I have no doubt that he's more than capable, I'm just worried that he's taking on too much at once. I mean, things have been pretty crazy around here lately. He doesn't need any more stress.    

Unfortunately, I know exactly why he's doing this, and it has nothing to do with his desire to venture into production. He wants Charlie off of the tour, and he won't stop until he gets exactly what he wants.    

I love him, but Jesus Christ, is he stubborn.

 

***************************************    

 

"Ally...wake up."    

Justin slowly trails kisses from my collarbone to my jaw, and I can't stop the smile from forming on my face. I think these are the kind of moments I love the most. The times where it's just the two of us, and we can be as sappy and adorable as we want.    

He starts to suck gently on my neck, and I have to bite my lip to keep myself quiet. I don't know how he does it, but every touch and every kiss seems to set my body on fire.    

"C'mon Al. It's no fun when you're asleep." He whines pathetically.    

I should probably open my eyes, or say something, but it's much more fun to make him work for it. Granted, it doesn't take much, but why make it easy for him? He let's out a frustrated sigh, and starts to move back to his side of the bed, but I quickly grab his wrist.     

"Don't stop." I finally open my eyes and smile at him, as a wide grin takes over his features.     

"Damnit woman....I hate when you do that." He settles on top of me and rests his hands on either side of my head.    

"But you love me." I give him a cheesy smile, and he chuckles softly before kissing my forehead.    

"Sometimes, I have no idea why."    

"Hey...not nice."    

"I'm not a nice guy."    

"Oh yeah, Justin. You're a real bad ass." I roll my eyes and giggle.    

He presses his lips to mine, and just as his hands move to the waist band of my shorts, the shrill ring of the phone echoes through our room.        

"Oh you have got to be kidding me." He leans across the bed, but instead of picking the phone up off of the stand, he pulls the chord out of the wall before returning his attention to me.    

Lately, he's been getting more and more irritated when we're together and the phone rings, or someone shows up. We don't get very much time alone, and on the rare occasions we do, he can't stand having that time interrupted.    

Honestly, I don't blame him. We're constantly surrounded by people, and sometimes...we just want to be together.    

Minutes later, his cell phone begins to vibrate on the night stand, and he rolls his eyes.     

"Ya know, this shit is getting really hard to ignore."    

"Just answer the phone, Justin." I sigh and climb out of bed as he flips his phone open.    

"Hey, Darcy." He tries to sound enthusiastic, but I can clearly hear the bored tone in his voice.    

You'd think, this girl would have gotten the hint by now. Justin does everything he can to avoid her, and has even skipped several of his fittings, to keep her from hounding him. But, she just won't give up.    

She calls him atleast three times a day, and more than that when he doesn't answer.    

Honestly, I have no idea what they talk about. I only hear one side of their conversation, and it's mostly "yeah", or "ok." Lord only knows what she babbles about.    

"Alright. I'll be down in a few." He sighs, before tossing his phone on the bed.    

"Something wrong?"

"I don't know." He rolls his eyes and pulls on a pair of jeans. "Supposedly, there's some problem with my suit for the show tonight. Darcy is freaking the fuck out. I'm gonna go down there, and see what's going on."    

"Alright. Have fun." I force a smile as he plants a kiss on my forehead.    

"You wanna go?"

"Nah. I'll hang out here."    

"Ok...I'll be back." He nods before heading out the door.    

I'm really trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but Darcy has really shitty timing. It's almost like she knows when Justin and I are alone. It's a little creepy.    

I promised myself that I wouldn't get all jealous and possessive, but I'm getting really fed up with having to constantly share my boyfriend. Don't get me wrong, I trust Justin completely, and know that he would never do anything to hurt me. But, there's no telling what a girl like Darcy is capable of.    

Suddenly, I'm realizing why Justin hates Charlie so much.

 

 

 

"You're All I Have"-Snow Patrol



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story