Author's Chapter Notes:
the reviews are amazing! keep em coming! please!

Ain't it funny how some feelings you just can't deny
And you can't move on even though you try
Ain't it strange when you're feeling things you shouldn't feel
I wish this could be real
Ain't it funny how a moment could just change your life
And you don't wanna face what's wrong or right

        

Waking up in a bed that's not my own, isn't something I'm used to.  I can count the times it has happened on one hand, and I'm pretty proud of that fact. It seems nowadays, that the "in" thing to do is sleep with almost anyone who crosses your path...I don't know how it works in the rest of the world, but in L.A, people are more prone to sleeping around.        

Maybe it's those southern values my parents worked so hard to instill in me, but I refuse to let myself do that. I have way too much self respect to put out for any guy who comes my way.    

I guess it's a good thing that Justin isn't just any guy.  

I really don't know what the hell I was thinking last night. I practically threw myself at him, and that is something I've never done.   The weirdest part though...I don't regret it one bit.     

Granted, I'm still trying to get my head straight and figure out exactly what it is I feel for him, but I don't regret any of what happened last night.     

I don't know what's going to happen now, but I'm sure some long, drawn out, dramatic conversation is in my very near future.    

I don't necessarily want to have the big talk..but I understand why it should happen. We crossed a major line in our friendship, and there's really no telling what affect it will have on us.    

I just hope he knows I don't expect anything from him. We could both pretend nothing ever happened, and yeah...I might not like it, but if that's what he wants, I'm going to have to accept it.    

For all I know, he has no feelings other than friendship toward me, and just saw last night as an opportunity for an easy lay.    

I don't want to think he'd use me like that, but he is a man, and it's a well known fact that they don't always think with the head on their shoulders.    

I've spent the last hour debating over whether or not I should stay here. I could definitely use a shower and I have a few things to take care of for Lauren today.     

However, I am way too comfortable to move, and I'd kind of like to see how Justin reacts when he wakes up.  I don't expect him to profess his undying love for me or anything, but I can't really see him waking up and acting like last night never happened.    

He's far too emotional and dramatic for that.     

I never really understood how people can lay around for hours, watching someone else sleep.  First off, it's boring as all hell. I mean really...there isn't much to see...unless of course they start drooling or something.    

Come to think of it, I'd almost prefer it if Justin did start drooling, rather than listen to his incessant snoring.  It kept me awake most of the night and he's still going strong.     

Minus the snoring, I guess he is kind of cute when he sleeps, even though his mouth is hanging wide open and there's a few creases on his face from the pillow.     

He has this almost child-like innocence about him. Too bad I know it's nowhere near being true.    

I guess it's just kind of cool to know that I'm seeing something not many people get to see. But then again...nobody really gets to see the Justin I see on a daily basis.     

To the rest of the world, he's the cocky, womanizing pop star, but here...he's my best friend.        

He does have his cocky bastard tendencies, but for the most part...he's fairly normal, I suppose.     

However, he does have the ability to drive me absolutely insane. It usually happens when we're on the road, but there are times at home where I'd love nothing more than to kill him with my bare hands.    

He's used to being waited on like a king, and frankly...I see no point in fueling his ego. Lauren, sometimes will play into his demands, but I refuse to.    

If it's outside the realm of my job description, he can take care of it his damn self.     

He finally begins to stir, and I can feel the knots building up in my stomach. I could just be acting like a paranoid freak, but I'm terrified of what's going to happen when he wakes up.    

Things could go a number of different ways, and every one of them scares the hell out of me.     

Without opening his eyes, he reaches out and pulls me against him and his hands start to wander, before a frown takes over his features.    

"You're dressed." He whines and I can't help but roll my eyes.    

"I got dressed last night."     

His eyes finally open and he smiles lazily at me. "You're no fun, Ally Lynn."    

"Justin...sleeping naked is gross, seriously. Besides..when was the last time you washed these sheets? God only knows what's on them." I make a disgusted face, and he just laughs.    

"You weren't complaining about the sheets last night."        

I almost want to slap him for that. He's being arrogant and it's starting to piss me off. If he says so much as one word about "scoring", or "making a conquest", I'll go pack my shit and leave so quick, his head will spin.     

He's not going to treat me like one of his usual skanks, who have no problem being degraded because they got to sleep with Justin Timberlake.     

"Kidding, Al." He nudges me lightly and smiles. He kisses my forehead, and slowly makes his way down to my neck.    

The sensible part of me knows I need to stop this. Yes...last night was incredible, but I'm not the type of girl who can just sleep with someone, no strings attached.     

However, my body doesn't seem to agree with my mind, and I can feel myself giving in to him.         

I don't think I've ever felt as comfortable with any man, as I do with Justin. Sex has always made me feel kind of awkward...not that I didn't enjoy it, but it just always felt weird to make myself that vulnerable.    

With Justin, it's a completely different experience.     

Of course, it'd be almost impossible to not enjoy sex with a man who looks like Justin, has those hands, and that mouth.     

I don't know why, but any time he touches me, it feels like my entire body is on fire...in a really, really good way.    

He grabs me by the hips and lifts me onto his lap, then smiles at me.         

"My pajamas look good on you."    

I smirk and look down at the blue boxers and over sized Tennessee Titans t-shirt I'm wearing. I'm pretty sure I bought this shirt for him, I just don't remember when.    

I probably should have just thrown on my own clothes when I got cold, but sleeping in jeans is quite possibly the most uncomfortable thing in the world, so I just grabbed the first thing I found in his drawer. I've worn his clothes dozens of times, so it didn't seem like a big deal.        

"I got cold." I shrug. He runs his hands up and down my thighs a few times, before settling them on my hips.    

"You got any wedding stuff to do today?"        

"Nothing major. Addressing the invitations and sending them out. I still have a couple days before I really need to do it, but I just want to get it out of the way."    

"How about you put them off until tomorrow, and we stay here all day?" He smiles hopefully at me.    

I'm not quite sure how to react to that. On one hand, it's absolutely adorable that he'd want to spend the entire day, laying around with me, but on the other...it kind of feels like he's trying to cheapen last night.    

He probably has the idea that we'll spend the day in bed, alternating between screwing and sleeping.    

Unfortunately for him, that won't be happening.    

Just because we had sex once, doesn't mean we're going to go at it like rabbits from now on. Hell, we may never even do it again.     

"Justin..." I sigh heavily, and he cuts me off before I can continue.     

"I know...we need to talk...but I was kind of hoping to avoid it as long as possible."    

It's good to know that I'm not alone on that matter. My irrational side would love nothing more than to lay in bed with him all day and ignore the fact that everything between us has changed, but I just can't do it.    

"Ally...just...just give me today, alright? Tomorrow, we'll talk and figure it all out, but please...just spend today with me?"    

I'm getting the Timberlake pout now, and I know my resolve is crumbling.     I really am a pathetic excuse of a woman.        

I bite my lip and nod slowly. What can a day really hurt? I mean, atleast it'll give me a little more time to think this whole thing through, I can put off mailing Lauren's wedding invitations, and there's the distinct possibility of more sex with Justin, which is most definitely not a bad thing.    

He smiles brightly at me and his hands begin to slowly move up my shirt. He really seems to have quite the obsession with my boobs. It's kind of cute, in a weird way.    

"You...are amazing." He breathes out. His eyes widen slightly when he finally reaches my breasts and discovers I never put my bra back on.    

Ok...so maybe I kind of thought this would happen again today....but I swear, I really tried to convince myself it wouldn't.     

Could I be any more contradictory? Probably not.    

Unfortunately, after one night, I am hopelessly addicted to him and the things he can do to me, even if I don't want to admit it.    

"Thought you got dressed?" He smirks and rolls his eyes. "You're something else, Ally Lynn."    

"Technically, I am dressed. Underwear isn't a requirement when you're in bed."    

"True." He nods thoughtfully. "I'm definitely not complaining."    

I can feel him getting hard underneath me, and I bite my lip nervously. I wasn't really expecting that so quick, but with the way I'm sitting in his lap, with his hands roaming all over my body, I probably should have seen it coming.     

He removes my shirt quickly, then flips us over and slides off my shorts.     

This whole thing is pretty unreal. Until a week or so ago, the thought of sleeping with Justin had never even crossed my mind, yet here I am.    

I swear, my life could be a reality show. The craziest shit seems to happen when I least expect it.  I'm almost positive the combination of that and me freaking out over everything would make for excellent television.    

His hand slips between my thighs and he begins to slowly inch toward where I need him the most. He's moving so slow it's almost painful.    

Suddenly, I don't care if we ever talk this out. I don't care that we're quite possibly ruining an almost 25 year friendship. I don't care that I could very well lose my job, and my home.  As long as he doesn't stop...I just don't care.    

I want him, and that's all that matters.    

"Jus...stop." He halts all movements and I can tell he's beginning to panic.    

"What's wrong?"    

"Nothing." I smile and kiss him sweetly before rolling us over again. I straddle his waist and run my hands up and down his torso. His muscles tense as my fingers brush across his skin, but I can't help but smile.    

He really is perfect. He's put a lot of work into keeping himself in shape, and right now, words can't express how grateful I am for it.    

No wonder half the women on the plant go bat shit crazy when they see him with his shirt off.    

He positions my hips right above himself and I'm doing everything I can to hold back. I want to take this slow.     

I can't even begin to count how many times I've heard him share sex stories with Trace, and they usually consist of the girl not knowing what she's doing, or him just generally being disinterested.     

I don't claim to be an expert or anything, but I'd like to think I'm more than capable of pleasing my partner.     

Based on the way he's reacting, I think I'm doing a pretty good job.        

He finally grips my hips and pushes me down until he completely sinks inside of me.    

"Shit, Ally." He hisses through clenched teeth and all I can do is nod.    

I can't move. I can't think. I can't even breathe. The only thing I can focus on is him.    

His fingers are digging into my sides, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt, but that's the least of my worries now.    

Once I get used to the feeling of him buried deep inside of me, I place my hands on his chest for leverage and start to slowly rock back and forth.    

He's practically gnawing on his bottom lip when I lean down to kiss him. He loosens his grip on my hips, then starts to guide them, raising me up, then pulling me back down quickly.    

Each time, his hips buck to meet mine and it sends shivers down my spine. I don't think I've ever felt anything this incredible in my life.    

He forces my hips to stop moving, and flips us over for the third time. He pulls my legs up and I lock my ankles around his waist, forcing him deeper inside of me.    I can feel myself beginning to tighten around him, and I know it won't be much longer.    

His thrusts are quick, and deep, and I'm doing my best to keep up with him, my hips meeting his all the way.    

I can feel myself nearing the edge, and I have to bite down on his shoulder to keep from screaming.         

After a few more quick thrusts, my orgasm washes over me, and I'm calling out his name over and over.     

He slows himself down, and slams into me two more times before he collapses on top of me.  He plants a sloppy kiss on my lips, then rests his forehead against mine.    

"Holy shit, Al." He breathes out slowly.    

We lay like that for awhile, both of us trying to catch our breath and come down from the high we've just provided each other.    

He finally slips himself out of me, and rolls onto his side of the bed.     

As weird as it sounds, I was dreading that moment.  With him there, I felt whole, like that's where he's always belonged, but without him inside of me...it's just emptiness.    

He stretches out on his side, facing me, and pulls me toward him. He slings an arm over my waist and smiles lazily at me.    

As much as I try, I can't deny the fact that I'm falling in love with him. Maybe my mind is just clouded by amazing sex, but I've never felt like this before.     

Maybe it's too early to put a label on it, but deep down...I know.      

I know that there's no one else I'd rather be with. I know that our friendship will never be the same. There's no going back from this. I acted on a whim, but it just felt so right.     

I just pray to God, that it's not just me feeling all of this, because if it is...I don't know what the hell I'm going to do.    

It doesn't take long before my eyelids are getting heavy and I'm in and out of consciousness.     

Those three little words are on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't say it.    I don't know why...but they just won't come out and part of me is beyond thankful for that.     

I am completely terrified of what's happening here. **************************************************** 

I swear to God, when I get my hands on whoever is calling me, they're dead.    I was sleeping better than I have in years, and naturally, someone decides to interrupt that. I finally reach for the phone, and without looking at the caller ID, flip it open and practically bark my greeting.     

"Well...good morning to you too, Alexandra."    

"This better be good, midget."        

He chuckles and I can just see him flipping me off. "Like you have anything better to do."    

"Actually yes...that slave driver you call your fiance is wearing me out with all of her wedding nonsense, and I was trying to sleep. Anyway...what's up?"    

"Laur's out doing the girl thing with her mom and sisters. I'm stuck at my parents. I got bored."    

"So, why didn't you call Justin?" I smirk and look to my left to see him fast asleep. Trace would absolutely shit if he could see us right now.    

"The dick has his phone turned off. He's probably sleeping or something...Ya know, I'm kind of amazed you two haven't killed each other yet."    

"Oh, there's been a few close calls. So, how's the big family shindig?"    

"Boring as fuck." He snorts and I can't help but laugh. "Lauren's sisters are in wedding mode..asking if I've written my vows and shit...I swear, she's adopted."    

I giggle and shake my head. I kind of saw this coming. As bubbly and sweet as Lauren is, her family is ten times worse, especially her older sisters. Lucy and Leighanne were the typical high school, prom queen types.    

Lauren and I spent countless hours making fun of them when we were little, but of course..once we were older, we would have killed for half the male attention those two got.     

As with most girls in small southern towns, they married their high school sweethearts and are both stay at home mothers.     

When we graduated high school, Lauren and I made it our mission to be the exact opposite of them. I definitely succeeded, but Lauren has shades of each of them in her, which isn't really so bad.    

"How's everything going there, anyway?"    

"Eh...not so bad." I shrug. "I'm planning on sending out the invitations tomorrow...I'm using today to kind of chill out."    

"Yeah...I heard about the dress debacle." Trace cackles and I make a mental note to kill Lauren the next time I see her. "Sorry I missed it, I'm sure it was quite a show."    

"Funny. I talked to Johnny yesterday..."    

Trace and I chit chat about the plans Johnny has for Justin, and the song he played for me the night before. After an hour or so, I hang up, turn the phone off, and put it back on the nightstand.    

"Remind me to kill his short ass when he gets back." Justin mumbles.    

"Oh like you aren't miserable without him." I lay down on my side to face Justin, when he finally opens his eyes. He tucks my hair behind my right ear and smiles.    

"Nah...you're here. I'm good."    

We're silent for a few minutes, before he finally clears his throat, smile still intact. "What the hell are we doing, Ally?"    

I swallow the lump in my throat and shrug. "I...I don't know."    

"Well..." He takes a deep breath, then laces his fingers through mine, staring down at out intertwined hands. "We've got a few options, ya know. We can keep doing this, and ignore everything else....We can walk away and forget this happened... or....we can see where this could go."        

"Well...what do you want?" I ask and eye him curiously.     

"Right now...I don't know." He sighs heavily. "I'd be a damn liar if I said I wanted to go back to normal...I just...I don't know what to do."    

It's then that I realize, he's just as confused as I am. Never in my life did I expect to see the day where Justin Timberlake was confused about me.    

"I mean...if you want to do this...I'm game."    

"You're game?" I giggle and roll my eyes.

"Could you be a bigger dork?"    

I'm actually really impressed with how he's handling this. A lot of people probably would have freaked out and not been able to discuss it with a level head, but he's laying it all out there for me.    

He seems to have no problem telling me he has feelings for me, but he just doesn't know what to do with those feelings.    

However, part of me can't help but wonder if he's saying all of this, just because it's me. How do I know that he doesn't just feel guilty about sleeping with his best friend?  What if he's just telling me what he thinks I want to hear?    

"Justin...you don't have to do this." He frowns and I look away quickly. He needs to know that I have my doubts about this.     

"I just...I don't want you to think I expect something out of this. I don't want you saying things you don't mean."    

"Come on Al...you should know me better than that by now."    

"I do...it's..this is just really sudden, don't you think?" He shrugs and sits up, backing away from me.    

"Sometimes, it works like that."    

He makes it all seem so simple, but he has to know that it's not. I can't be the only one of us who's a little leery of jumping into something, just because we slept together.     

Maybe I'm over reacting, but to me...this is a big deal. This isn't something that we can just decide on a whim.    

"It's on you, Ally. I want to see what could happen here. But, if you don't...then we go back to normal. That's not what I want...but like I said...your choice."    

I don't think I've ever seen him this serious about anything outside of work. It's kind of intimidating.     

I really want to believe him, but over the years, I've watched him with countless women. I've seen him lie. I've seen him cheat. I've seen him do whatever it took for him to get his way.    

He may be my best friend, but I know exactly how self centered he can be. I think it's perfectly reasonable that I'm questioning this. What if he's just pulling all this relationship talk out of his ass for a guaranteed lay?    

"Just...give me some time to think, ok?" He grins, then kisses my forehead sweetly.    

"Do whatever you need to do, Ally."    

I'm just afraid that what I want and what I need, are two completely different things.

 

"Ain't It Funny"-Jennifer Lopez



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story