Author's Chapter Notes:
AN: warning for 1 word.

Justin & Nicole had been friends for years. They had danced around what they felt, denying that they were falling in love because they’d been hurt before.

Before he was with Nicole, Justin thought he had it all right. The perfect job, perfect house, perfect life, including the perfect girl. But only he saw that. Everyone around him saw what the Jessica wanted. All the while he thought she wanted him.

It wasn't until Jessica got in a fight with Nicole that things clicked.

FLASHBACK Justin had been in yet another fight with Jessica & was staying the night at Nicole’s apartment. He loved that she was much more independent then when they were younger. Nicole had found a reasonably priced apartment to buy & she had it adapted to accommodate her disability. Justin offered for her to live with him, already having 1/2 the stuff she needed at his house, but she didn’t want to depend on anyone. Not after needing part-time care when she was younger. He respected her for being so strong.

He had come back to her apartment after a meeting the next day. What he found though was the girls in a heated argument.

“My relationship with Justin is none of your business!” Jessica shouted.

“Maybe not but Justin is my friend & I’m just looking out for him!” Nicole yelled back. She cared so much for that man, she just wanted him happy & it was obvious he wasn't.

“Well, don’t! Look, you're just a cripple to him, a pity case. He’s with me now, he doesn’t need someone following him because they don’t have friends or a life.”

“Shut up. He cares about me.” Nicole wouldn't stoop to Jessica’s level. She knew Justin loved her, if even only as a friend. He had shown her he had by staying by her side.

Everytime she saw him kiss Jessica, it hurt Nicole beyond imagination. She loved him more than a friend but couldn’t tell him while he was dating someone else. She wasn't that kind of person. Her heart hurt to see him with someone who was just playing him.

“Do we keep having to go over this? That’s not him caring; it’s PITY!”

“I don’t have to prove anything about myself. You're the 1 who’s with the sweetest man alive & you're not even happy. He deserves someone who will care about him just as much as he does them.”

“You think that’s you?” Jessica scoffed.

“I don't know, but it certainly isn’t you.” Of course, Nicole cared about Justin but she didn’t think she’d ever be with him.

“Oh, yeah? Who’s bed is he sleeping in, B****?”

That was it. Nicole had enough and leaned forward a fist just inches away from contact to Jessica's head. But she was half a second too late and Jessica landed the punch fisrt, knocking Nicole to the ground. Towering over her, Jessica reeled back for another hit, Nicole blocked her with her arms and grabbed the girls hair. Justin heard the commotion and came running in and saw Jessica hit Nicole again.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story