Author's Chapter Notes:
AN: thanks go to my friend saber who's helping with this fic.

“Get off her, Jess!” he screamed. “Nic, you ok?”

“J-Justin!” Jessica stammered. “What are you doing here?” she finished..

“What are YOU doing here?” he asked in response to seeing her still over Nicole.

She leaned back, followed his gaze, and stood shakily with her hands shoved in her pockets, looking sheepishly at the ground. “J, I'm sorry, she swung at me first, it was only a...” she said but trailed off as she saw he ignored her and rushed over to Nicole.

“Are you okay?” he asked putting his arms around her in a light hug

“Yes, I think I'll be okay,” she said rubbing her right cheek bone. “That's going to leave a mark,” she said and tried to giggle.

“What was going on?” he asked, helping Nicole back into her chair.

"i already told you,” Jessica tried to say.

Justin cut her off, “I'm sure Nicole didn't just try to hit you as you walked in the door. Now how did this start?” he asked sternly looking at both girls with a tough but still sympathetic and hurt look.

“She came over to talk to me,” Nicole said bluntly. and looked at Jessica to continue.

“Okay, it's a start,” Justin said and turned to Jessica with a raised eyebrow. “So?”

“So, I came over to tell her to mind her own business and stop meddling in our relationship,” she answered and looked to the floor.

Justin looked shocked. “And you were talking with your fists?” he asked blankly.

“She hit me first,” Jessica said.

He knew that wasn't likely. Nicole didn't have an evil bone in her body. 'Yeah, right. You don't care about me. If you did you wouldn't have hit Nicole,” he said to Jessica.

“But, Justin I love you,” she stammered. “No, no you don't, you've proven that today. You were just with me for the publicity and perks,” he said. “Get out, get out now.” His voice was a slight bit on the icy side. He glanced at Nicole, who were watching the two in horror.

“Justin, please, we can talk about this?” Jessica pleaded.

“No, i said get out. If you don't, I'll call the cops and you will leave,” he said more coldy now.

She looked at him and then at Nicole and then at him once more and ran out of the door with fake tears on her face.

“Justin, I didn't mean to break you guys up, I didn't mean... “Go after her,” she said in a pained voice.

“Why? It’s clear I just broke up with her.”

“You didn't do anything, it was her, and I was blind. I thought she wanted me but that was an obvious no,” he said and knelt beside her.

“Yea, but she made you happy,” Nicole muttered, a tear falling on her cheek. She winced, it actually hurt and she pulled her hand up to her face.

“Oh, Good Lord, Nicole” he said and touched her hand.

“I'll live,” she said.

“Nicole, she wasn't the one that made me happy, the nice, caring person I thought she was made me happy,” he said and smiled. “Now I just need to find the right, nice, caring person,” he said smiling again.

“One good thing about being in a wheelchair “ it builds upper body strength.” She weakly laughed.
Chapter End Notes:


last line in this chapter comes from the episode 'haven' from the show "dark angel".


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story