Their laughter soon died after her attempt at a joke to lighten things. Reality set in again. “Don’t lose someone you care about on my account,” she told him. Under her breath she said, “I’m not worth it.”

She’d hoped he didn’t hear it but no such luck. “I know I did not just hear you say that. You want to know why I’m still here with you?” Justin asked Nicole. “Because you are worth it. For the longest time I tried to make myself believe I loved Jessica, & part of me did but my heart wasn't truly in it. It was with you, always has been, always will be.”

“What?” Nicole whispered. Was he saying what she always dreamed of?

He kneeled in front of her once again & caressed her cheek softly. “Yup. I realized it so long ago but I was scared. Scared I’d get hurt again if I ever lost you; scared I couldn’t be there for you when you need me. But now, none of that matters because we’re here. Together. I mean, you're already going on tour with me, we’ve nearly lived together for who knows how long.” He took a breath. “I looked at you last night when you fell asleep & I noticed how much we’ve been through. You've always supported my music, my decisions & you've listened to me.”

“Justin, that’s what friends are for. I’ll always be there for you & you've always been there for me. That’s just friendship. You're with her, you should be. Go.” It hurt so much to say that & tears dropped onto her face.

“No, we’re more than friends. I know you feel it too. I won’t leave because you're whom I want. You're so beautiful, inside & out. You've overcome so many odds, surpassed everyone’s expectations & came out on top. I’ve always known there was something between us.” He lowered his voice to a whisper. “You're my Baby Girl. I love you.”

He leaned in & kissed her gently.
END FLASHBACK
Chapter End Notes:


AN: sorry if the flashback was too long or confusing.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story