Author's Chapter Notes:
AN: we know nothing about skiing so sorry for any mistakes lol.

Now Justin & Nicole have been together for 6 months.

“Hey, Nikkaroo, wake up," Justin said, nudging his girlfriend. “C’mon, Sweetheart. Don’t sleep through our whole vacation,” he joked.

"Hmm," she mumbled and opened her eyes.

"We're almost there," he said and pointed to a sign that read '6 miles to Ski Lodge'.

She sat upright as fast as she could. "Really?!" she asked, excited.

"Yes," he said smiling at her. They were going on a winter vacation. He’d been so busy with the end of the tour & they were glad he had some time off.
---
10 minutes later, they arrived at the Polar Bear Ski Lodge. They were going to get handicapped parking but the snow was so piled up they couldn’t. They carried their luggage to the lobby, Nicole’s hanging on her chair. They were smiling from the name of the cozy place. After all, they were supposed to be getting time away from the busy Hollywood life. They didn’t bring much with them, they were only there for a week.

When they reached the desk the clerk, Rolla said, “welcome to the Polar Bear Lodge. I’m Rolla-“ he stopped mid-sentence when he saw who they were. They looked familiar but he couldn’t place them.

Nicole, seeing him brush it off said, “reservation for 2. Under Hughes.”

“Ok, staying for 6 nights. Here’s your key. Enjoy your stay,” he said to Justin even though Nicole addressed him.

Justin frowned that his girlfriend was ignored but he took the key. They gathered their things & headed to the cottage.
---
“So do you think we should have the beef and cheese hot pockets or the ham and broccoli for lunch?” Nicole asked Justin from the other room.

“Beef and cheese!” he said, excited and came in to help her prepare lunch. She laughed at how he could act like a little kid. It was cute & he always acted like that round Christmastime.

“You want to go out for dinner?” he asked, and put his arm around her back to help her get them in to the microwave.

“Yea, that sounds fun But where can we go with little spotlight?”

“Oh, I know a few people,” he said, smiling down at her and pushed the 3 minute button.

“Thanks” she said, and wobbled backwards, he quickly responded and grabbed her to help her stand upright, then sat her in a chair.

“Be careful,' he said playfully and kissed the top of her head. All she could do was smile.
---
The couple ate & then bundled up like snowmen. "Justin, I look like an Eskimo!" Nicole laughed.

"Yeah, but a cute 1.” He kissed her nose & then her lips before pulling back. “You sure you can stand in that stuff? Maybe we should bring your chair.”

“Ok, it’s a long walk.”

SLOPES Nicole had gotten a uni-ski/sled & Justin got a snowboard. She watched him for awhile until she understood what to do. he was actually pretty good. She skied down a few times by herself after Justin took his board down. She followed all the turns he did. He kept a close eye knowing she didn’t like being up too high but she did well. She was surprised since this was the 1st she tried something like this.

When they reached the top of a higher slope, Justin said, “are you sure you're ready for this, Nic?”

“Yup, I’m having fun. Let’s go, Boy!” she cheered.

“I’ll follow you down so I can make sure you're ok. As safety. Go ahead, Baby!” He kissed her quickly before giving her a push forward.

Nicole squealed in excitement as she rushed down the hill.

“Keep shifting your weight. You're doing great!” Justin called behind her. But soon, her squeals turned into screams of fear.

She looked down & saw the ties on her ski were coming undone. she barely had time to look up & scream Justin’s name before she flipped over. She kept rolling, nearing the edge of the hill.

“Nicole!!!” Justin screamed as she kept rolling. He stopped his board just in front of her, stopping both of them from going off the edge. “Nicole? Baby Girl, can you hear me?!”

Her face was bruised, a cut on her lip & slight bruise on her cheek. Her arm lay bent across her & she moaned.

“Just hangon,” Justin’s words echoed around her as cold set in.
Chapter End Notes:


AN: ha cliffy lol. be ready for the next chapter!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story