Author's Chapter Notes:

Ok so, I know it's been a REALLY long time since i've updated, so first off i want to apologize... I'm sorry :( Life and weather have been my worst enemy lately...

Hopefully after the holidays are over i'll be back to a chapter a day or at least a chapter every other day like it used to be...

until then Happy Holidays and ENJOY!!!!

 

I just got the best and worst phone call.

The good part? I got a modeling job and they want me to fly out to St. John. Yeah, as in St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands. Not only that, they want me to fly out this afternoon.

The bad part? I have to leave this afternoon and if my calculations are correct I’m pretty sure I haven’t been back with Justin for more than 48 hours and I just started talking to Ryan yesterday.

I haven’t had a modeling job in months and the fact I actually just got a call is amazing to me. I can’t turn this down, but the last thing I want to do is leave. I don’t know what to do. I don’t really need this job. The last couple of modeling gigs I had set me up pretty well for the next few years, but who knows when I’ll get another opportunity like this. This could be my last call, I mean it’s not like I’m getting any younger and models pretty much die out after 30 and well I’m getting pretty close.

The fact that the call was for Victoria’s Secret makes this whole thing worse. You see I was a model for Victoria’s Secret for the first five years of my career. They were absolutely amazing to me and I left them to do the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition. They were happy for me at first, but after SI came out my name was everywhere and well, I thought I was better than Victoria’s Secret. I learned real fast, that wasn’t the case. I signed a deal with Fredrick’s of Hollywood which voided my deal with Victoria’s Secret. I only did one catalog for Fredrick’s before they moved on to newer, younger models. Younger models? Shit I was only 26! That was over a year ago and I’ve had jobs since, but nothing like the Victoria’s Secret.

I can’t believe they want me to come back. They want me for their Spring Preview. I get the first look at all their new bras and panties and shoes, oh god their shoes. I think I own every pair of shoes from the shoots I did back in the day.

“Earth to Lauren!” Justin says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I shake my head and smile, “I’m sorry… What’s up?”

“Who was on the phone? You’ve been pretty quiet since you got off.” He says, taking a seat next to me on the couch.

I sigh, “My agent.”

“and?” he asks with a slight chuckle.

“I have to go to St. John this afternoon.” I spit out quite fast.

“St. John? Why?”

“I apparently got a photo shoot to be at.” I say, staring off into space.

“And this is a bad thing?” He asks, confused.

I sigh again, looking over at him, “I guess not, I just haven’t modeled in a few months and I guess I’m a little nervous. I mean I haven’t exactly been watching what I eat lately and I’m supposed to be in lingerie for the next couple of weeks. What if I get there and they think I’m too fat. How did I even get this job in the first place? I mean it’s not like they’ve seen me lately. What if I weighed 300lbs or something?”

He laughs, “Whoa, babe calm down. First of all there is absolutely nothing wrong with your body. And I mean nothing. Secondly you have nothing to worry about. This is what you do, once you get there it will all come back to you. This is an amazing opportunity. You need to stop worrying and go pack.”

“Pack? For what? I’ll be naked for the next couple of weeks, what do I need to pack for?” I ask, chuckling.

“Maybe I should come with you then.” he says, grinning.

“Mmm you’d enjoy that too much.” I say before leaning forward to kiss him.

“I’m serious though. This is a great opportunity and you have nothing to worry about.”

“You’re ok with me leaving then?”

“Well no, but if it means I get to see you in a magazine with just lingerie on. I might make an exception just this once.” He says, pulling me onto his lap.

“I can’t believe they’d even want me back.” I say, sighing against his chest.

“Why wouldn’t they. Your hot.”

I laugh, swatting his chest, “Cute. That’s not what I meant.”

“Then what did you mean?” He asks, pulling my head back enough to look down at me.

“I left them. I thought I was better than I really was and left them. Why would they want someone like me back?”

“How many times do I have to say it. Your hot.” he jokes again.

I laugh, rolling my eyes at him. “I’m being serious.”

“So am I. You, my darling, are hot.”

“Justin, I’m serious. If you hired a model for your line and they left because they thought they were better than William Rast and failed. Would you ask them back?”

“If they were hot, yes.”

I laugh, “C’mon, try to be serious.”

“Baby, stop thinking like this. Your hot and just got an amazing job showing off your sexy ass. Things are not exactly horrible for you right now.”

“I didn’t say they were…” I sigh “I should go pack. Think you could drive me to the airport?”

“I think I can handle that. I’ll go make sure Trace can stay with Kenzie and I’ll meet at your house in a few minutes.”

“Ok. I don’t have to be there for a few hours so I’ll make us some lunch.”

“Or I could take you out to lunch.” he suggests.

“Or I could make lunch and we could have some… desert before I leave.” I say, whispering the last part in his ear.

He growls, pulling me in for a kiss.

“I’ll see you in a little bit.” I say breaking the kiss.

 

************************************************************************

 

“Victoria’s Secret? Hot damn! Does that mean I get to jack off to her in lingerie from now on?” Trace says, laughing on the other end of the phone.

“What the fuck man?“

“Vicoria’s Secret gets pretty sexy man.“

“Yeah, I guess that’s where she got her start. She modeled for them for almost 6 years.”

“No shit? I always thought her ass looked familiar.”

“Your sick man.”

“I‘m serious J, you better watch her. She‘s hot and if she‘s going to be naked in magazines she‘s going to be bringing more sexy back than you ever thought of bringing back.”

“You’re an idiot. She’s not posing for Playboy. It’s Victoria’s Secret.“

“Have you ever seen their catalog?”

“Yeah Trace, I sit at home with my six year old daughter and check out the Victoria’s Secret catalog.”

“You sang for their fashion show a few years back right?”

“You were there dumbass.” I say, shaking my head.

“Was she?”

“I don’t remember her.”

“Yeah, we probably would have remembered her. I mean it‘s not like there were other half naked women around or anything.”

“Can you watch Kenzie for a few hours or not?”

“If you get me the negatives from her photo shoot.”

“Fuck dude. Seriously? It’s a yes or no answer.”

“You know I will. I’ll be over in 10 minutes.”

“Make it 5 and I’ll see what I can do about those negatives.” I say before hanging up.

 

************************************************************************

 

“What do you mean your going to St. John. What the hell?” Ryan yells from outside my closet.

“I got a modeling job down there and I have to leave in a few hours. Justin is taking me to the airport and I would prefer you to not be here when he gets here.”

“And why the hell not?”

“Because I want to have sex with him and would rather not have you around to see it.” I say, tossing bikinis into my suitcase.

“Could have done without the details.” Ryan grunts out, plopping down on the bed beside my half empty suitcase.

“You asked.”

“Is this all your bringing with you?” He asks, rummaging through my clothes. I smack his hand away from my bikini top shaking my head.

“I’m going to be on the beach ninety-five percent of the time I’ll be there, it’s not like I need to bring my entire closet with me. Besides, I’m sure I’ll be wearing this the entire time anyways. I need a tan in the worst way.” I say tossing another bikini in the suitcase.

“So I was going to tell you yesterday, but you never came home, but I’m leaving for a couple of weeks, maybe longer too.” Ryan starts, nervously.

I stop packing to sit down on the other side of my suitcase to listen, “Where are you going?”

“Virginia.”

“Virginia?” I ask, chuckling, “Why Virginia?”

“Derek just signed a new artist and he wants me to write her a few songs for her first album. I’m going down to meet her next week, and I’ll be there until she’s finished her album which hopefully wont be too long, but you never know with new artists.”

“Derek wouldn’t sign a horrible singer so I doubt it will be that bad.”

“I hope not…” He sighs, nervously scratching the back of his neck, “Look Laur, I’m sorry about everything that’s happened in the last couple of weeks. I know I’ve been a horrible brother to you and I’m sorry. You’re all I have and I know I screwed up royally, but I don’t want to lose you. I can‘t.”

“You already apologized for everything? Why are you doing it again?”

“I didn’t want you to think I was doing it just because Justin called me and asked me to.”

“He asked you to?” I ask, a little shocked by his admission.

“Well, actually he told me I was being ridiculous and pretty much told me I should talk to you.”

“So you didn’t come on your own? It was all Justin?”

“No Lauren, No… C’mon Grace don’t do this…”

“You have no right to call me that. Daddy called me that and I don’t ever want to hear that name come out of your mouth again.” I all but yell.

“Lauren don’t. I’m apologizing on my own, right now. I know what I did was fucked up and I’m sorry it took Justin to make me realize it.”

“So in all honesty, you wouldn’t be talking to me right now if Justin hadn’t made you yesterday?”

“No - yes - I don’t know. Look Lauren I’m sorry. I…”

“Don’t.” I interrupt, “Don’t. Not right now. Maybe when you get back from Virginia you can try this whole apology thing again. And maybe this time you can do it on your own.” I say, standing up to zip my suitcase, pulling it down to the floor, wheeling it out of the room leaving Ryan sitting on my bed.

“Hey, there you are.” I hear Justin say from the other end of the hall when I reach the end of the staircase. He walks over to me, pulling me against him smiling.

“Everything ok?” he asks when I don’t smile back.

“Did you call Ryan and ask him to come over and talk to me?”

He stares at me for a second before responding, “I called him yes, but…”

“No that’s all I wanted to know.” I say, pulling away from him.

“What’s the matter?” He asks, walking up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I sigh, “I’m a little upset that’s all.”

“Because I called Ryan and told him he was being a dick and should talk to you?”

I pull away from his grasp, turning to look at him.

“I’m upset because he didn’t do it on his own. He did it because you told him he should.”

“Who are you mad at, me or him?”

“I don’t know.” I say, yelling in frustration. He sneaks his arms around my waist again, pulling me against his chest, and kisses the top of my head.

“Baby, men are just as stubborn as women. You both probably would have gave each other the silent treatment for months if I hadn’t called him.” He starts, making me chuckle slightly.

“Once I told him how stupid and ridiculous he was being he realized I was right and he, not me, decided to surprise you yesterday. I just called him and told him he was being a dick. He was the one who decided to apologize in person.”

“So I’m being a bitch for no reason?”

“Pretty much, yeah.” He says, laughing.

I swat his chest and he grabs my wrist, pulling me to face him.

“I love you and I know him not talking to you hurt, but he apologized and it could just be me, but it seemed like he really meant it. I know he loves you and I know the two of you are all you guys have left and I would really hate to see you two abandon each other because of me. So for my sake will you please talk to your brother before you leave.”

“He’s leaving too.” I say, changing the subject.

“Nice try darlin’ but you still need to talk to him and maybe you should apologize to him.”

“But only if you want to and not because he told you to.” Ryan says from the stairs.

“I’m starting to feel like I should be paying you for our therapist sessions.” I say towards Justin, making him laugh.

“We all make mistakes. It takes a good person to forgive someone for their mistakes. I screwed up, horribly and you forgave me. Ryan screwed up and yesterday you forgave him. I’m pretty sure Ryan is willing to forgive you for this little PMS session you just threw.”

“Excuse me?”

“Oh man you didn’t just go there.” Ryan says laughing.

“See this is how things should be. You and Ryan on the same page with me on the outside.”

“I think it would be better for all of us if you were on the inside with us. I don’t know about her, but I could use the friend.”

“Awww. This is too sweet. Are you two gonna like, kiss or something? Should I leave the room?” I say, biting my bottom lip to stop from smiling.

“That’s enough out of you.” Justin says, picking her up and tossing me over his shoulder.

“What should I do with her?” He asks Ryan.

“She always liked swimming in the morning.” Ryan says, grinning from ear to ear.

“Don’t even think about it.” I say, trying to wiggle my way out of Justin’s grip. They both laugh, walking towards the backyard. The next thing I know we’re all swimming to the surface of the pool laughing.

Ryan’s right, It should be the three of us. Maybe one day there will be four of us, but until then, I’m happy with these two.

Chapter End Notes:
I know it's been awhile so if this chapter sucked a fat one i apologize! Feedback is always welcomed even if it is horrible :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story