Author's Chapter Notes:

So guess what... I FINALLY GOT MY INTERNET BACK!!! WAHOO! So, yes there will be a lot more updates then there have been...

So... ENJOY!

 

Did last night really happen?

I’m laying here, wrapped up in Justin’s arms, and I can’t seem to figure out if last night really happened or if it was all a dream. From the looks of things I know we had sex, but we could have had sex whether last night happened or not so that doesn’t help. I don’t see a ring on my finger, but he asked me out of nowhere, so I wouldn’t have one regardless.

Ugh! What am I going to do? I can’t just out and ask him if by chance he’d asked me to marry him last night. If it was a dream it might freak the shit right out of him, and if it wasn’t a dream he might get pissed and think I didn’t want it to have happened.

Maybe he’ll say something when he wakes up. I mean if you asked someone to marry you the night before you’d mention it the next morning right? Please tell me I’m right!

I guess I could always just wait and ask Mac when I see her. She was there whether it was a dream or not and she wouldn’t get freaked out by me asking. Yeah, that’s what I’ll do.

“Mornin’ Beautiful.” Justin says against my shoulder as he places a few kisses there.

“Morning. Have any good dreams?” Have any good dreams? When have I ever asked that? I must be more nervous than I thought.

He laughs, “I always have good dreams.”

“Well, as long as I’m in them…” I say, silently cursing myself for being ridiculous.

“You’re most definitely in all my dreams. You have any good ones?”

Umm? Maybe? “I still can’t quite remember if it was a memory or a dream.”

“Was it good or bad?” He asks, yawning.

Uhh… Good, I think… “It was good for me.” I say, making him laugh.

“So it may not have been good for the guy?”

“It wasn’t a sex dream.” I say, laughing.

“Bummer… So I wasn’t in it?”

“No, you were in it. I just don’t remember if it really happened or not. I’m sure it will come to me sooner or later.”

“What was it about?”

“I’ll let you know if it hasn’t happened yet…” I say, covering my ass.

“So it may be one of your secret fantasies I don’t know about?” He asks, running his hands up and down my sides.

“Mmm… maybe…” I lean up, sneaking a kiss before getting up from the bed, making my way into the bathroom.

“Is everything ok?” Justin yells from the bed.

I sigh, sneaking my head out the side of the door, “Yes, I’m just hungry and I have to pee so if you’ll excuse me for a second…” I say, backing up to the toilet with a sigh.

“You sure?”

I jump from my seat on the toilet, silently cursing.

“You’re awfully jumpy this morning.” He says, leaning against the doorframe.

“Well, shit. Just a second ago you were on the bed. What did you run or something?” I ask, finishing my duties on the toilet.

“You just seem… Funny this morning.”

Shit. Shit. Shit. “Funny? Like how?”

“Like your hoping yesterday never happened.”

Ok so… If it was a dream what the hell happened yesterday that I would be acting weird about? And if it wasn’t a dream, I’m seriously killing the mood.

“Why would I not want yesterday to have happened?” I ask, trying to get a little more out of him. I just wish I could figure this out without pissing him off.

“Oh I don’t know, because yesterday was a pretty big deal and maybe now your regretting it.” he says, wrapping his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder.

I sigh, figuring yesterday wasn’t a dream and I’m hurting him by letting him think I would ever regret that.

“I don’t want you to do something you don’t want to do, Lauren.”

“Funny, because that’s exactly how I was feeling about you. Justin I wont be upset if you didn’t want yesterday to have happened. I know you got conned into this and…”

“You think I would let her con me into marrying you? Come on you have to give me more credit than that.”

“I do… I just know that if she hadn’t brought it up it wouldn’t have been even a flicker of a thought in your head. I don’t want you to do this just to make her happy. That’s not right.”

“I wouldn’t marry someone just to please someone else. I figured you knew me well enough to know that.”

I sigh again, “I do, it’s just this all happened so fast and I don’t want you to regret anything.”

“I don’t regret asking you and I wont. I love you and I do want to marry you. If your having second thoughts, we can wait as long as you want. It’s not like we’re in a huge rush or anything.”

I turn in his arms and smile realizing that we are both still naked and we are both extremely turned on at the moment. “I think Mac has the date set already.”

“Is that one of the things you two talked about yesterday?”

I laugh, “No! The only thing I talked about with her was that she shouldn’t do what she did. She listens well.”

“You’ll have to fix that.”

“Me? So now that she has a problem I have to fix it? Aren’t you her father?”

“Yes, but I think she’d enjoy getting a few lessons from her new mother.” He says, lifting me up, setting me down on to the counter and grinning from ear to ear with that sexy smile that gets every woman in America soaking their panties. Lucky for me I don’t have any on.

“I think I’d enjoy a few lessons from her father.” I say, locking my legs around his thighs, pulling him in closer.

“And what lesson would you like me to start with?” He whispers in my ear, before nibbling on my neck.

“Sexual education.” I whisper, barely audible.

He growls against my neck and I can tell he heard me. “Well, when a man loves a woman he sometimes likes to show her just how much.”

“And how’s he do that?” I ask, my breath starting to come out in pants.

“Like this…” He whispers in my ear as he slowly-excruciatingly slow- slides into me inch by fabulous inch until he’s buried inside of me to the hilt.

This is definitely not a dream.

************************************************************************

 

“Hey L.” Trace says, walking into the kitchen, taking a seat at the island.

“Oh hey… Have you seen Justin? He’s supposed to be helping me and I have yet to seen his ass in this kitchen.”

The bastard laughs, “He’s out back with Mac.”

I spin towards him and glare at him. “Well guess what that means.”

“What’s that mean?” He asks, cautiously.

“That means you’ve just been signed up for cooking duty.”

“Me?” He screeches, shaking his head, “Oh hell no. I can’t cook. Are you insane?”

“You own a restaurant and you can’t cook?”

“I own it, which means I pay people to cook for me.”

“Well today your officially going to learn to cook.”

“Or today I could go take over out back with J and he can come help you cook.”

“Well, that’s up to you, but you have 2 minutes to either start helping me or to get Justin in here to help me.”

He jumps up from the bar stool and runs at full speed towards the back yard. I hear him yelling Justin’s name in a panicked tone and I can’t help but laugh.

“Can I change first?” Justin asks, walking into the kitchen, dripping water all over the floor.

“You could dry off before coming in and then go change, but I need help Justin and you promised you’d help.”

“I know, but I didn’t think you needed help until later.”

“Later? Justin your parents are coming in 3 hours and I have to cook them a meal to eat and dessert and clean up the mess you just made. That’s not a whole lot of time.”

“Baby you need to calm down.” He pulls me against his chest, resting his chin on my head, “Look I’ll go change and I can clean up the water and then I’ll help you bake a mean dessert and you can tell me how I can help with dinner.” he pulls me back to look at me, “But first you need to calm down and relax. It’s just dinner with my parents. Not a huge deal.”

I scoff, “Are you joking? Your not at all worried about telling your mom and best friend your getting married to me?”

He laughs, “Why would I be worried?”

“I’m scared shitless to tell Ryan and he’s just my brother!”

“Why?” he asks, laughing yet again.

“This is not funny Justin. You don’t at all think your mom is going to flip out that you want to get married to someone that you’ve only known for a few months?”

“I don’t really care what they think. I’m telling them because I feel that they should know. If they don’t like it, they’ll just have to get over it, because this is what I want and as long as it makes me and you happy, I don’t really care what everyone else thinks.”

“You and your mom are too close for something like that. If she doesn’t like this, you wont either.”

“I’m 28 years old and the last time I checked, I made my own decisions. Whether my mom, dad or even Trace likes it or not, I’ve made my decision and I’m going to marry you.”

“Your what?” Trace asks from the doorway. We both turn towards him to see the shocked look on his face. That in no way make me feel any better about this dinner with his parents.

Justin sighs, “Shit.”

“Yeah shit is right. What the hell?” Trace yells, throwing his hands in the air like a over zealous woman.

“We were going to tell you and my parents at dinner tonight.”

“So your getting…married?”

“I told you this was a bad idea… I’ll be upstairs, call me when your done so I can cook.” I say before making my way out of the kitchen to let the two of them talk it out.

 

************************************************************************

 

“When did this happen?” Trace asks, dropping down onto the bar stool.

“Trace, man look, I love her and this is what I want.”

“Since when? I’ve been your friend for ever. You’ve never wanted to get married.”

“Kenzie called her mom.”

“How the hell did she call her mom? She’s dead remember? Are you on drugs or something?”

I shake my head at how stupid he can be sometimes, “Jesus Christ you’re a moron. Mackenzie called Lauren, Mom.”

“She what?” he yells, throwing his arms in the air again. Sometimes I wonder about this man.

“It all happened yesterday. I came in to tell them that I got the call about the charity concert and we got talking about their day and at some point after she talked to you about the Jonas Brothers, Mackenzie came in with loaded guns and said she asked Lauren to marry me while they were shopping.”

“She what?”

I shake my head, laughing, “Is that all your going to say?”

“I’m.. Shit that’s insane!”

“No shit. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.”

“Then why the fuck are you engaged?” He asks, throwing his hands in the air, yet again.

“Stop doing that. You look like a fucking woman…”

“Fuck off… Why the hell are you engaged?”

“Because I love her and I want nothing more than to be her husband. I want to have kids with this woman. I’ve never wanted any of those things before, and now that’s all I can think about. Trace, look I know you don’t get why I’m doing this, but this is what I want and this is what makes me happy.”

“This is really something you want?”

“You sound like Lauren.”

He raises an eyebrow at me, “I what?”

“She’s been doing that since I asked.”

“I’m confused.”

“She thinks I did this because of Kenzie. I would never let myself get pressured into anything, especially marriage. I did this because I can’t picture my life without her in it and I can’t picture Lauren not being a mother to Kenzie. I want us to be a family.”

“Was that why she didn’t think this dinner was a good idea?” I nod.

“Look J, If this is what makes you happy than I’m happy for you. I just was a little shocked to hear those words come out of your mouth. I’m sorry I freaked.”

“Don’t worry about it. Uh… How do you think my parents are going to take this?” I ask, actually starting to get nervous. Shit.

“Are you kidding? You mom is going to cry!”

“Fuck, you thinks it’s going to be that bad?”

“She’s going to cry and scream and probably throw a fucking party with every crazy ass family member of yours and mine.”

I laugh, “Why’d you do that to me! Dickhead.”

“Oh fuck off… Congrats man.” He smiles, patting my back.

“Thanks.”

Chapter End Notes:
Ok so i know this chapter sucked, but i haven't written in such a long time i've almost completely forgotten how! haha... i'm sure it will come back to me soon. SOWWY :(


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story