Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's another chapter in this amazing romantic drama... hahaha i'm such a tool... anywho... my daughter has been home with the flu the past couple of days and i'm so sleep deprived... look if this chapter sucks... that's why! haha

ENJOY!

 

So scared shitless would be an understatement for how I feel right now.

Justin’s parents just arrived and I’m pretty sure Ryan just pulled up and I wasn’t aware he was coming. I thought I was going to have a few more days to come up with a game plan on how to tell him, but apparently Justin thought tonight would be a good time.

I can’t believe this is happening right now. Don’t get me wrong, I love Justin more than anything, but the thought of telling his parents and my brother that we’re getting married kind of makes me sick. I know it shouldn’t, but I still have that sick feeling that Justin did this just because Mackenzie wanted him to. I know deep down that’s not why he did it, but what are his parent’s going to think? And Ryan? Oh god…

“Baby, everyone’s here. What are you doing still sitting up here?” Justin says, rushing into the bedroom.

“Why didn’t you tell me Ryan was coming?”

“Uh… I didn’t know Ryan was coming.”

Ok so he didn’t ask him? “What do you mean?”

“I didn’t invite him.” Ok so I’m in full on freak out mode now.

“Then what is he doing here?” I ask, freaking out.

“Can’t your brother come visit?” He asks from the doorway.

“Ryan!” I yell, jumping up from the bed.

“I didn’t realize you were having company. I just stopped by to tell you I’m home.”

“You could have called.”

“Wow. Are you still mad at me about something?”

“I’m going downstairs to… mingle with my family. You ok?” Justin asks.

I nod and he kisses my forehead before leaving, patting Ryan on the back before making his way down the hallway.

“So, why shouldn’t I have been invited to dinner?” Ryan asks, sitting down beside me.

“I just wanted a little more time to tell you.”

“Tell me what?” Ryan asks, getting a little worried. He’s too cute sometimes.

“Mommy! Mommy! Gramma Lynn’s here. Are you coming down?” Mackenzie asks, barging into the room without knocking.

“Uh, yeah Mac. I’ll be down in a minute.”

“Ok. Hi Uncle Ryan!” She says, skipping out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Ryan slowly turns his head towards me and I can read the questions he has just by looking in his eyes.

“Did she just call me Uncle Ryan?”

“Ryan…”

“Did she just call you mommy? What the hell is going on?”

Breathe. In and out. In and out. Oh god I’m going to pass out.

“Lauren? Some answers would be nice.”

“Justin asked me to marry him.”

“He what?” He just screeched at me.

“That’s why everyone’s here. I was going to tell you when you got home in a couple of days, but now your home early and I haven’t had time to think of how to tell you. I’m sorry, but I didn’t think you’d be home and it’s going to be hard enough telling Justin’s parents. I didn’t want you added to that mess.”

“Breathe Lauren.” Ryan says, chuckling. “I assume you said yes.”

I sigh, looking down at the floor with a short nod. He places his finger under my chin, tilting my head up to look at him. I know I look terrified and I shouldn’t, but what Ryan thinks is important to me. He’s the only family I have and if he’s not ok with this, I’m not so sure I’ll be ok with this. Please be ok with this.

He laughs, “Why do you look so terrified?”

“Because I’m nervous about how you feel about this. What you think really matters to me, Ryan.” I admit, biting my lower lip so hard I’m almost positive I’m going to make it bleed.

“Is this what you want? He makes you happy right? You’re fine with jumping into motherhood head first?”

“Which one do you want me to answer first?”

“They should all have the same answer, Lauren.”

“They do.”

“And?” He asks with a raised eyebrow.

“Yes I want this. Yes he makes me happy and I have no problems with jumping head first into motherhood. Especially with Mac.”

“Then I couldn’t be happier for you.” He says with a huge grin.

I’m crying. He’s really ok with this? Maybe today wont be as bad as I thought.

“Really?”

He laughs, “Really. Congratulations little lady.” he says, pulling me in for a hug.

“Thank you.” I wipe my face and smile. “I guess this means you can stay for dinner now.”

He laughs again, “Good, ‘cuz I’m starvin’”

“I love you Ry. You’re still my favorite guy, you know that right.”

“Like I even questioned it.” He says, making me laugh.

 

************************************************************************

 

“Welcome to our crazy ass family.” Trace whispers in my ear, giving me a big hug.

I step back a little shocked. This from the man who almost just about passed out when Justin mentioned marriage.

“Don’t looked so shocked. I’m happy for you guys.”

“Sure about that?” I ask a little skeptical.

“Positive. I was just a little shocked J wanted this. I know he does now and honestly, I can’t wait to get drunk at your wedding.” He says, downing the rest of his beer. “How’d big Ryan take it?”

“A hell of a lot better than I thought.” I shake my head, still a little shocked.

“Dinner’s ready!” Justin yells to everyone. And so it begins… again.

Everyone sat down at the table as Justin and I brought out the food, setting it down on the table. Trace walked around the table pouring wine for those who wanted it. The dinner turned out pretty well considering Justin had to finish it because I was too scared to come out of my room. I’m actually impressed although all he really had to do was take it out of the oven and cut it up, but hey it’s something.

Mackenzie and Trace have been whispering back and forth about the Jonas Brothers concert and she keeps asking when we’re going to tell Justin’s parents. I’m kind of wondering that myself. I would have thought it would have been during dinner, but now that we’re picking up the plates and bringing out the desert, which Justin’s mother happened to bring with her, I don’t know when he’s planning on telling them.

“Daddy?” Mackenzie says, almost bumping into me as she barrels through the kitchen.

“Whoa sweetie, you almost had ice cream in your hair.”

“Sorry… When are you going to tell them?”

I turn towards Justin and he quickly turns away from us to gather up some spoons.

“Daddy?” Mac asks, again met by silence.

“Why don’t you go take this in and we’ll be there in a minute ok?” I suggest handing her the ice cream.

She sighs, “Ok.” Skipping off into the dining room.

“Justin?”

“I should bring the pie in.” He says, trying to sneak by me.

“Nu uh” I grab his arm, making him face me, “What’s the matter?”

“Nothing.”

I chuckle, “Nothing? I know you better than that, Justin.”

“I’m a little nervous.” He admits with a sigh.

I grin, “I knew it!”

“Don’t start.”

“Oh I’m starting. The man who was all excited about telling everyone is now nervous? Now how did that happen? Please, I’d love to know.” I say, taking a seat at the bar, still grinning.

“It’s not that I’m nervous about how their going to react or anything it’s…”

“It’s?” I drag out, waiting for him to continue.

“I know once my entire family finds out, which will be right after we tell my parents, give or take 20 minutes… My grandma is going to want us to get married right away and probably in Tennessee… She’s going to be breathing down our necks until we set a date and pick a place in Tennessee where we want to do it and I don’t want to be pushed.”

I sigh, “Why because you’ve been pushed enough?”

“You still think that?” He asks, quietly.

I shrug. “What am I supposed to think. This wouldn’t be happening if Mackenzie hadn’t brought it up.”

“No, probably not right now no, but I’m glad she did bring it up. I want this. I want to marry you. I want us to be a family. I love you Lauren. I’ve never felt like this with anyone before. I truly believe your it for me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Kenzie and the bundles of kids we have together.”

I laugh, “Bundles?”

He shrugs, “I always wanted a basketball team.”

“Uh… No… How about a chess team.”

He laughs, “Ok. Chess team it is… You do realize chess teams can be pretty big right?”

I roll my eyes at him and sigh, “As long as it’s not as big as a basketball team, I’ll be alright.”

“Deal.” He grabs me under my arms, pulling me up to kiss me. Wrapping his arms around my waist, he backs me up against the island, slowly running his hands down my sides. Wait! His parents are in the next room! Stop! We need to stop!

I can’t bring myself to pull away from him. Get a hold of yourself! Soon to be parents-in-law in the next freakin’ room and your about to fuck on the kitchen counter! Step away from the bad situation.

His hand slowly slides his hand up my thigh, dragging my dress up with it as he kisses down my neck onto my shoulder.

“We shouldn’t be… doing this.” I choke out, desperately trying to remember how to breathe. He doesn’t answer, instead he moves his other hand to my inner thigh, dragging his knuckles slowly upwards until he reaches my freshly soaked panties. He moans, moving the wet piece of fabric to the side to slide his finger over my clit.

I gasp, slamming my eyes shut. This can not be happening with is parents, best friend, daughter and my brother in the next room. Please give me the strength to step away before we get caught.

“Oh god…” I gasp as he jams two fingers into me while his thumb rubs my clit.

Sweet Mary mother of God… I’m about to come with our families in the next room. That’s not at all weird or wrong. This is so wrong… Oh but wrong can be so, so right.

“Come for me. I want to taste you for dessert.” He whispers in my ear, stroking his fingers in me faster.

I whimper, trying my absolute hardest not to make any noise that will make anyone from the next room come in here. I feel my muscles start to tighten as I lean my head back, letting my orgasm take over. Justin grabs my hair pulling me in for a kiss just in time to hide my moan of appreciation.

My eyes fly open as he slowly pulls away from me. I wiggle my dress back down into position and I stare at him in complete shock. Did that really just happen? He grins lifting his hand to his mouth, licking his fingers dry.

“Mmm.” He moans, pulling his fingers slowly out of his mouth. “Now that’s a good dessert.” He winks at me before walking back into the dining room.

I take a deep breath and flatten the front of my dress, making sure I’m decent before picking up the pie and walking into the dining room, setting it down on the table. Lynn stands up to cut the pie, handing a piece to everyone.

“Oh none for me.” Justin says, waving her off.

“You love dessert.” Lynn says, shocked.

He grins, running a hand up my thigh, “I had a piece of pie in the kitchen.”

Trace chokes on his beer, swallowing hard. He looks back and forth between Justin and I with a grin. Dirty bastard. Luckily Lynn didn’t catch on or if she did, didn’t care. Remind me to kill him later. Ryan on the other hand. He caught it and he’s grinning, shaking his head.

I could have done without that tonight.

It was worth it though. Very, very worth it.

“So while you guys are eating… On second thought let me know when your all finished eating.” Justin announces to the table.

Lynn laughs, “Is it something that could make us choke on our pie?”

Well if she reacts the way Ryan and Trace did… Yes.

Justin scratches his chin, one of his many nervous habits. Lynn gets all serious and places her fork down on her napkin.

“Well, at least I know you two haven’t left each other again. She doesn’t look pregnant although she does have that glow. She doesn’t seem angry that you got someone else pregnant so… What is it?”

My eyes widen and I look over at Ryan and Trace. ‘I have a glow?’ I mouth the them and they both shrug, shaking their heads.

“Yes you have a glow, sweetie. If you don’t know yet, I’d go see a doctor to be sure.” Lynn says, obviously seeing me ask the two bozos if I had a glow. I just chocked on my pie. She thinks I’m pregnant? Good god could this be any worse?

‘Are you?’ Ryan mouths to me. My eyes grow wide and I shake my head. ‘You sure?’ he mouths again. I shrug, shaking my head again. Great now he’s on my back.

“Ok so this isn’t going the way I’d planned. Look whether she’s pregnant or not, it doesn’t matter.” he pauses for a second, “Well ok that sounded bad. It matter’s, but that’s not why you guys are here.”

He sighs, “I asked Lauren to… Marry me.”

“So she is pregnant?” Lynn asks.

“Holy shit!” Justin yells, “I don’t know! Either way we’re getting married… You ok with that?”

His parents both stayed quiet for a while before his Dad smiled and said, “Congratulations.”

“Thank you.” I smile back at him. I look over towards Lynn and she still looks a little shocked. I don’t know how much longer I can sit here and wait. I slowly stand up and start picking up the dishes off the table. Trace stands and starts to collect the dishes from his side of the table. We both walk into the kitchen, placing the dishes in the sink.

“Any chance you are pregnant? I mean it might make her snap out of it.” He says, trying to lighten up the silence.

I sigh, throwing the dishrag on the counter. She doesn’t want him to marry me. Why? What’s so wrong with me?

“Do I look pregnant? Because that would really put a damper on the fashion show I’m supposed to be in next weekend.” I whisper, reaching for the dishrag I threw. Trace places his hand over mine and I look up at him with tears in my eyes.

“You don’t look pregnant at all.” He sighs, “She’s more shocked he yelled at her then she is you two are getting married. This has nothing to do with you. She loves you. I know that because she’s told me.”

“Then why isn’t she saying anything? I know her opinion is important to Justin, even though he told me it wouldn’t matter… I know it will.”

“Like I said, she’s more shocked he yelled at her then anything. I promise everything will be fine.”

“I hope your right.”

“I usually am.” He says, bumping me with his hip, making me laugh.

Chapter End Notes:
so give it to me...


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story