Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry guys... i was going to put this out last night so you didn't have to wait so long with the *gasp* cliffhanger... but my internet went down and i took my daughter to see all her favorite disney characters... it was too cute :)ENJOY!

 

“Holy Shit.”

The words fly around the room all around us and we both look at each other wide eyed.

“What did your holy shit mean?” We both ask at the same time, in no sort of mood to laugh.

“Well… six out of eight are positive. What do you think that means?” Olivia says, panic very apparent on her face.

“Probably what four out of four means.” I say, stumbling back towards the tub, taking a seat on the edge.

“Positive or negative four out of four?” She asks, sitting down beside me.

“Positive.” I whisper, dropping my head into my hands on my lap. “How could this have happened?” I mumble into my hands.

“I’m still trying to figure that out for myself.” She says pulling me against her. We both stay there for a good couple of minutes crying and just having a good ‘ol fashioned freak out session.

“Olivia!”

The sound sobers us both up rather quickly. Both of us jump up throwing all the tests in the Godiva bag, wiping our faces off, checking each other for signs of crying. It was rather hopeless, we both look completely drained and I know Derek’s going to notice.

“There you are… Hey Lauren.” He says, walking into the bathroom, “Chocolate break in the bathroom, ladies?”

Olivia starts to panic so I say the first thing that pops in my head, “I’m having a horrible period and chocolate make me feel better.”

“Wow, too much info kiddo.” he says, cringing.

“Yeah, not half as much info I’ve had to endure about you and your chocolate drama…” I mumble.

“What was that?” He asks, genuinely confused.

“I’m just in some pain at the moment. Not really in a very good mood. Sorry.” I say, gripping the bag so hard, I’m going to need a vice grip to get it out later.

“Is that why the two of you were crying or do you not want to talk about that?” He asks, and I turn towards Olivia.

“I’m not really feeling well… I’ll see you guys later, ok?” I ask, more to Olivia than Derek. She nods, grabbing me for a hug.

“Are you going to tell him?” She whispers to me.

“Are you?” I whisper back. She pulls away, biting her bottom lip. I sigh before shrugging. I honestly don’t know how he’ll handle this on top of everything else right now. I know I have to tell him eventually, but I really think we need to resolve this issue with his mom first.

She sighs, “I have to.” She says again, this time I could hear the fear in her voice.

“Call me later.” I say, giving her an encouraging smile.

“I will, I want to hear how your conversation goes anyways.” She says, glaring at me.

“Yeah…” I say, waving at Derek, before leaving.

I got all the way to my car before I started to cry again. I drove home, or rather to Justin’s, in complete shock. I pulled over at the end of the road and made sure I didn’t look like complete hell before I pulled into the driveway, making my way into the house. I walk in and Mackenzie runs down the stairs and attacks me with a bear hug.

“Hey kiddo. What’s up?” I ask, looking down at her.

“I missed you. Where’d you go?” She asks, pulling me towards the backyard.

“I was at lunch with Olivia… Where are we going, Mac?” I ask, trying not to trip.

“Out back. Everyone’s out there.” She says as she pulls me through the glass door to find Justin’s parents, Justin, Trace, people I know I’ve met, but am shorting out on their names, and a few people I have yet to meet.

“Hey baby.” Justin says, jumping up from his seat, running… or walking rather fast, towards me.

“Hey, what’s this?” I ask looking around at the group of people in his backyard.

“I forgot I invited people over today…” He says, looking a little sheepish.

“Oh… Can I talk to you for a minute?” I ask, knowing if I can’t get this out now I don’t think I’ll be able to ever get it out.

“Yeah… yeah, c’mon.” He says, ushering me back into the house and into the kitchen.

“Everything ok?”

I wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest and sigh.

“Baby, I know this isn’t exactly what you wanted to come back to, but I couldn’t exactly throw them all out either.”

“I don’t have a problem with them being here, although I would’ve liked a warning… Doesn’t matter I have something I need to tell you.” I say, biting down hard on my bottom lip.

“Your going to draw blood if you don’t stop… What’s wrong?”

“You’re probably not going to like this but I’m…” a complete chicken shit and I can’t do this, “Going home. I’m not really in the mood for a party or gathering or whatever is going on out back.”

“You sure? They shouldn’t be here that much longer.”

I laugh, “When have you ever had a party that didn’t go well into the morning?”

He scowls, “I see your point, but I don’t want you to leave. I missed you today.” He says, grinning down at me, “I’m sure we could disappear upstairs for a little while. I doubt anyone with notice.”

I back out of his hold, shaking my head, “No… I uh… I need to get out of here.” I turn walking back towards the front door, but Justin grabs my arm whipping me back around to face him.

“What’s going on Lauren?” He asks as my phone starts ringing in my pocket. I grab it, checking to see who it was. Olivia.

“Livy?” I answer, fearing the worst from her.

“You were right. He was ecstatic.” She says and I can just see the grin on her face.

“How’d J take it?” She asks and I just look up at him.

“I uh… Haven’t exactly…” I say or at least try to say, but it wasn’t working.

“Tell him Lauren. He’s going to be a father. He deserves to know.” She yells.

“He already is one… Why’s it matter?” I ask and immediately regret it.

“I’m already one what?” He asks, staring at me.

“Tell him Lauren. Right now. I’m not hanging up until you…” I hung up on her instead. Justin’s still staring at me and I know my eyes are starting to water, but my bodies completely numb so I can’t feel them falling down my face.

“Lauren, what’s going on? Weren’t you just with Olivia?” He asks, running his hands up and down my arms.

“I… I need to go.” I spit out, turning to leave again.

“No.” He pulls me back, “Not until you tell me what’s going on.”

I sigh, “Olivia’s pregnant.” I say, taking to easy way out of this conversation.

“That’s great… Right?”

I shrug, “Yeah, I guess Derek was ecstatic about it.” I say, softly.

“Ok… So why are you so upset?”

“Because… I am…” Fuck, I can’t do it.

“Lauren, you are what?” He asks, tipping my chin up, making me look at him.

A spineless coward, “not feeling well.”

He stares at me and I can tell just by the look on his face he doesn’t believe a word I just said. He knows and I still can’t come out and say it.

“Were you with her when she found out?” He asks and my stomach starts twisting into that knot I thought I’d loosened this morning.

“Yes.”

He searches my eyes for another minute, “Say it Lauren.”

My body shakes and my eyes start to water, “I can’t.” I whisper.

He closes his eyes with a sigh. He knows.

“You can’t because you don’t want to or because your afraid of how I’m going to react?” He asks, making me look at him again.

“Both.” I whisper.

“Don’t worry about my reaction.” He smiles down at me and the knot in my stomach unwinds some.

“What are we going to do?” I ask.

“I’m sure we’ll figure it out.” He says, pushing a fallen strand of hair behind my ear.

“Say it out loud Lauren. It’ll make you feel better.”

“No, it’ll make it real.” I whisper.

He runs a hand across my belly, “It’s already real.”

I nod, taking a deep breath.

“Are you two coming back out? The burgers are done.” Lynn says from behind Justin. Justin mouths ‘I’m sorry’ before turning around.

“I think everyone should…”

“I’m pregnant.” I interrupt. Justin turns back towards me grinning, obviously happy I said it. I smile back at him before looking over at Lynn. She’s crying.

“I knew it.” She says, wiping her face.

“Mom please don’t start.” Justin warns.

“I’m so happy for you two.” She says, shocking the both of us.

“You are?” I ask, doubtful.

“I am. I knew you were pregnant.” She says, smiling. She runs her hands over my belly and I just stand there shocked stupid. Did she just says she was happy I was having his baby and did she just touch me?

“You can’t be that far along though. Oh I can’t wait to start buying the baby things. I missed this the first time around. I hope you don’t mind me being around a lot for this.” she says in a giddy tone.

“I wasn’t around the first time around either. Do I get to tag along all the time too?” Justin joked.

“I’m glad you two are having fun…” I say shaking my head.

“What’s the matter?” Justin asks, kissing my forehead.

“I’m going to have to push out a baby from my vagina in a few months… I’m a little freaked out by that.” I admit.

“You get to go through all of this with Olivia though. At least you wont do it alone right?” Justin says, trying to make me feel better.

Does he not get the baby through the vagina thing. Olivia can’t help me with that. She has her own baby through the vagina problem. There isn’t a way to transplant a baby in someone else is there?

“You could always get a c-section.” Lynn suggested and I groan.

“Not huge on surgery.” I say, shaking off a tremble that just went through me.

“Who’s having surgery?” Trace asks, walking up behind Lynn.

“No one dipshit.” Justin says, shaking his head at him.

Trace shrugs, “What?”

“I’m pregnant.” I say again, not really to tell him, but to actually hear the words come out of my mouth again.

“Whoa! Really? Is that why you two were fleeing the diner so fast this afternoon?”

I nod, “We wanted or rather Olivia wanted to take a test to see if she was and she didn’t want to do it alone so she asked me to do it with her.”

“Wait you two peed on sticks together.” He cringed, “Thank you for not inviting me then.”

I roll my eyes, “You’re sick. We didn’t pee together you dope. We were in separate bathrooms.”

“So since you are, does that mean I’m SOL with Olivia now too?” He asks and I laugh.

“Honey, that woman despises you. You never had a chance. But to answer your question, yes she is too.”

“Hmmm… So are you two going to have the baby on the same day or do I get to watch both of these kids come into the world?” He asks and Lynn smacks him on the back of the head.

“There isn’t a chance in hell your watching my child come into the world.” Justin says, shaking his head again.

“Aww Come on!”

“No!” Justin, Lynn and I all yell at the same time.

“Mean bastards.” He mumbles, walking back outside.

“Congratulations. I mean it.” Lynn says smiling brightly at the both of us.

“Thank you.” I say, smiling back.

Maybe the two of us are going to make this work afterall…

Chapter End Notes:

So... Tell me what you think... PLEASE?



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story