Author's Chapter Notes:

As promised here's another chapter...

ENJOY!

 

6 weeks.

That’s how long it’s been since I’ve seen Justin and Ryan. They both flew over to Europe for some song writing relaxation trip. That’s what Ryan called it anyways. I think it was more of a let’s go to Europe and pretend it’s a business trip for Justin and Ryan. I’m glad they’re getting close, but 6 weeks? That’s a bit much don’t you think?

Musicians…

Justin and I have backtracked a little in our… thing. We decided we should really get to know each other better before starting any sort of relationship. Otherwise known as ‘let’s be fuck buddies because you have too much baggage’ and the easy way out of a one night stand that lasted a couple days longer than it should have. I think it was for the best anyways. I’ve never been any good at relationships anyways so I guess we saved ourselves some distress later.

Justin calls me every night before he goes out or goes to bed. It’s actually really cute and sweet. The timing is a little off with me. He normally wakes me up, but it’s worth it. The last couple of calls have been really hot. He apparently is horny as hell. You can tell just by the greeting he gives me when I answer. I have to admit phone sex isn’t half bad. It really gets your imagination moving. Justin and I have the same sick imagination so we work well together.

Ryan calls me every morning to check in on me. I swear ever since our Dad died, he’s taken his place. Not that it’s a bad thing, it’s just… I don’t know, upsetting to me. I miss my Dad so much it hurts and when Ryan does things that my Dad used to do it just makes it that much harder to get past his death. I’ll never really get over it, who would? I love Ryan and I appreciate everything he does for me and if this is what helps him get through my Dad’s death, I’ll live with it.

Tonight is ladies night at my house. I’ve invited a couple of girls over for drinks and movies. We usually do this once a month, just to catch up on each others lives, but last month we didn’t because of Livy’s wedding.

“So anyways, Derek got so upset at the waiter that we got our meals free the rest of the trip and the waiter was canned.” Olivia explained, laughing.

“That’s too funny. How could anyone be that stupid. The restaurant was shut down just for you two to celebrate your marriage and the moron thought it would be ok to hit on you? I don’t get people sometimes.” Meredith said, shaking her head.

“I know right.” Livy says rolling her eyes, “So how has everyone else been?” She asks grinning over at me.

“Liv seriously, please don’t start this.” I all but beg.

“You have juice your not spilling?” Jenny asks.

“Oh so you haven’t told them what happened at the reception yet?” Olivia says, her grin growing with each word.

All three of them have their eyes all on me.

“I hate you.” I growl at her.

“No you don’t.” She says matter-of-factly.

“Spill it.” Meredith says.

“It’s not that big of a deal.” I say rolling my eyes at them.

“Since when is sleeping with Justin Timberlake in the ladies room at my reception not that big of a deal?” Olivia says laughing.

Meredith and Jenny both explode with screams.

“It’s not a big deal, guys can we not talk about this? Please?” There I begged.

“Oooh maybe that’s him now.” Jenny teased, hearing the phone ringing in the kitchen.

I jump up and grab the phone, “Hello?”

“Hey Darlin’” I smile, hearing Justin’s voice on the other line.

“Hey yourself.” I say, keeping an eye on the girls in the living room.

“How’s your night going?” He asks.

“It was going fine until Liv blurted out that you and I fucked in the bathroom at her reception to Mere and Jenny.” I explain, chuckling.

He laughs, “What’s wrong with that?”

“Nothing, I’m just not one that likes everyone to know my business that’s all. Now that they know the whole fuckin’ world is going to find out.” I explain.

“The world knows babe.” He says laughing, “Why do you think we’re in France? I had to get the word out at soon as possible. This was the best way to do it.”

“Oh so my brother is helping you get the word out?”

“It was his idea.” He says and we both laugh.

“How is Paris? That’s where you guys are today right?” I ask taking a seat on the counter dangling my feet over the side.

“Yeah, it’s alright.”

“Alright? Dear god, I’d give my left leg to go to Paris for a night and you two have been there for 6 weeks.”

“No we haven’t, we’ve only been in Paris for 3 weeks, we’ve been other places too.”

“Must be nice.” I mumble.

“It is.” He teases.

“Fuck you.”

“I’d love you too, but it’s ladies night at your house. I don’t think they’d let you disappear for that long.”

“Sorry big guy.”

“That’s alright, I’ll have your brother find me a replacement tonight.”

That stung a little. Probably more than it should have for ‘fuck buddies’.

I bite my lower lip, “Make sure you meet her in the bathroom. I heard it’s pretty good in there.” I say as convincing as I could muster up.

“It was a joke.” He says slowly.

I guess I wasn’t as convincing as I wanted to be.

“Whatever. Look I should get back to the girls. Have fun doing… whatever tonight. Say hi to Ryan for me.” I say quickly.

He was silent for a minute before responding, “I will.”

“Talk to you later.”

“Yeah, I’ll call you later.” He says before I hang up the phone.

I set the phone down on the counter next to me and sigh.

“You ok?” Mere asks, walking into the kitchen.

I smile and nod, “I’m good.”

“You sure? You look bummed.”

“I guess I miss Ryan. Hearing his voice makes it worse.” I lie.

She nods her head slowly. “C’mon let’s go watch a movie.”

“Sounds good.” I say, hopping down off the counter, following Mere back into the living room.

Two movies and countless drinks and bowls of ice cream later, Jenny and Olivia are passed out on the couches, Mere is rolled up in a ball on the love seat and I unfortunately am wide awake cleaning up around them.

“Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer, Do you know you're unlike any other? You'll always be my thunder, and I said Your eyes are the brightest of all the colors. I don't wanna ever love another, You'll always be my thunder, So bring on the rain, And bring on the thunder…”

I run towards my cell to answer it before it wakes the girls up.

Before you ask, yes that is ‘Thunder’ by Boys like Girls… Ryan wrote the song for them and I liked it. It has nothing to do with anyone in my life.

I’ve got to change that…

“Hello?” I answer, quietly.

I quickly make my way up to my room, shutting the door behind me.

“Did I wake you?” I hear on the other line.

I sigh, taking a seat on the edge of my bed, “I take it Ryan didn’t find you a replacement.” I say half joking.

“It was a joke Laur.”

“I got that… It doesn’t matter whether it was a joke or not. I don’t own you. You can fuck who ever you want.”

“Want to run that one again, only this time a little more convincing.”

“It’s true. I have no hold on you. We’re not married. Have fun. You’re in Paris, you’d be stupid not to.”

“Is that why you think we came here?”

“It’s why Ryan went. He’s always talking about foreign ass.”

“That’s not why I’m here.”

“Then why are you in France?”

“Because I needed to get away and Ryan had a great opportunity to write a song for a pretty big musician over here. I figured we could fly over here, we could work on the song together, which it came out amazing by the way, then we could just chill for a little bit before coming back to the insanity I call my life.”

“Isn’t the paparazzi worse over there?”

“When you’re out in public, yes; but it’s a lot easier to hide over here.”

“I see… What is my brother up to now?”

“Sleeping.”

“Alone?”

“Probably not. He’s been with the same women ever since we got here. He’s not as big of a whore as you think he is.”

“I know. I just like giving him shit.”

After a minute of silence he finally spoke, “Do you want to know why I bumped into you at the wedding?”

“I bumped into you.” I say, confused.

“No, you thought you bumped into me. I purposely got in your way so you would run into me.” he explained.

“Ok…” I drag out quietly.

“A couple years ago, when I was working with Ryan, he told me about his amazing sister. He talked about you non-stop for a month. I can honestly say I probably know everything there is to know about you.” he says chuckling.

“I doubt it.” I challenge. Ryan wouldn’t sell me out to a stranger.

He laughed, “Ok… I know you have an unhealthy obsession with expensive shoes; you have more purses than any one woman should have; you love tanning because it’s relaxing to you; you wore glasses growing up and Ryan used to make fun of you for it; you were a Daddy’s girl in every possible way; you used to throw the best parties at your parent’s house when they would go away on trips; you had 2 boyfriends in high school, Ryan hated both of them, you thought you loved both of them; your favorite color depends on your mood; your favorite ice cream is Cookie Dough; you love almost every different kind of music there is; you even own some of my records; you’re a little bit obsessed with TV; you have a crush on Mark Wahlberg; you watch NASCAR just to catch a small glimpse at Kasey Kahne; you love to watch Football, but don’t know all that much about it; you’d rather see a baseball or a basketball game live than on TV; you wish the Golden Girls were back on TV; you cry at Extreme Makeover Home Edition almost every week; you want to get married, but for some reason think it’s never going to happen; you love dogs; you love to be surrounded by pictures of your family, especially the picture of you, Ryan and your dad that you have in you wallet; you owned every Barbie when you were a kid, and you probably still have them all in a box for when you have a little girl of your own; you would like to have kids one day; you are an amazing friend; you have the kindest heart; you’ve given thousands of dollars to cancer research anonymously; you wanted to be a doctor growing up; you love being around kids; you’d rather stay home than go out, but you do like to have fun at least once a week; you love watching Family Guy with Ryan and you both cry you laugh so hard…”

“You can stop.” I say quietly into the phone, wiping away the stray tears falling from my eyes.

“I knew I had to meet you after hearing about you. Every time we would get together you would be gone or you couldn’t make the trip out with him… When I finally saw you at the wedding I was speechless. You were everything your brother said you were and so much more.”

I can’t speak. I keep opening my mouth to talk but nothing comes out.

“I only suggested that we back off a little because I knew everything about you and you knew nothing about me. I know I made it seem like I didn’t know who you were, but I did. From the second I saw you walk through the door at the church, I had this whole plan on how to meet you and it worked. It worked a little better than I thought it would actually.” He said, laughing.

“I really like you and I have a feeling you like me. I could be wrong, but your brother seems to think you have a thing for me.” He says, making me chuckle a little.

“I was serious when I said I could change your track record with men. If you want to give me a chance I am more than willing to show you how you should be treated.”

“Are you sure you’re up for that?” I ask. My heart is beating through my chest as I wait for his answer.

“I’m up for anything when it comes to you.”

“You have a lot of talking ahead of you, you know.” I say smiling.

“Oh yeah?”

“You can start from the beginning, you know the day you were born and go from there.”

He laughs, “I can do that.”

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is always welcome... the good the bad and the ugly... i can take it :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story