Author's Chapter Notes:

Wow, so i can't believe i haven't updated this is so long.. I'm really sorry guys.

This is the last chapter... I want to thank you guys soooo much for all the amazing feedback. I hate ending stories, but i have so many different story ideas rolling through my head, i have to end one eventually to start a new one right?

Thank you all again and i hope you enjoyed this as much as i did :)

ENJOY!

 

Ok, so I know I told Ryan I wouldn’t eavesdrop, but did he really think I wouldn’t. I mean come on. He’s telling his girlfriend he can’t have kids. I’m his sister for crying out loud, if shit goes down I’m going in there.

“Is everything alright?” Gabrielle asks, as Justin walks into the kitchen letting the door shut behind him.

“Get away from the door, Lauren.”

“Shh.” I say, waving him off. He rolls his eyes, walking over to stand next to me.

Who’s being nosey know?

“I have something I need to tell you.” I hear Ryan say softly.

“Ok,” She obviously pauses, “Does it have to do with having kids?”

“Oh shit.” I whisper, groaning.

I can just see him nodding, “Yes, but before you get upset, I want you to know I love kids. My sister is pregnant and I can’t wait for her to be here.”

“You just don’t want kids of your own.” She says, trying to finish his sentence.

“That’s not…”

“Why wouldn’t you tell me before? It’s been six months Ryan. You knew I wanted kids, why would you waste my time. I can’t believe this is happening to me.”

“Gabby, calm down. I never said…”

“I know you never said anything. Is there anything else you haven’t told me or are you done?”

“Is she going to let him finish?” I whisper harshly.

“Will you let me finish?” Ryan says at the same time.

Justin laughs, shaking his head, “You two are way too much alike.”

“Shut up.” I growl, turning my attention back to the door.

“Finish.” She says sadly.

He sighs, loudly, “I want kids, Gabby. I would give anything to have kids, especially with you, but I can’t.”

She laughs, “Is this a joke? If you don’t want kids you don’t need to make up this ridiculous story.”

“It’s not a story. I was told nine years ago that I couldn’t have kids by three doctors.” He says sadly.

“Then you need to go check with another doctor, because you can have kids.”

“What are you talking about? I can’t have kids.” He asks obviously as confused as Justin and I are.

“I’m pregnant, Ryan.” She says, and I gasp.

She’s pregnant? Are you kidding me? This is great… wait is it even his?

Oh boy.

“You’re what?” He asks breathlessly.

“I’m pregnant, so whatever those doctors told you, they were wrong.”

“Are you sure? I mean is it mine?”

She laughs, “Wow, if you weren’t so shocked I’d take offense to that.”

“So this is real? You’re really pregnant? With my child?” He chuckles nervously, “Seriously?”

“Seriously.” She says before she squeals.

I open the door to see Ryan, twirling Gabrielle around in a circle all while kissing her.

Justin wraps his arms around my waist, kissing my neck, “That went better than I thought it would.”

I chuckle, “Mmm me too.”

“Lauren!” He yells before noticing the two of us standing in the doorway.

“You were listening weren’t you?” He asks, shaking his head at me.

I laugh, “How long have you known me?” I joke, “Congratulations.”

He walks over, lifting me off the ground to twirl me around in circles, “I can’t believe this.”

He sets me back on the floor and the look on his face is priceless. My brother is going to be a father. I’m going to be an aunt. This is so crazy.

Holy shit, I’m going to be a mother.

This is so insane to me.

I remember back when Ryan and I were kids we used to talk about how we saw ourselves in the future and never once did either of us mention kids and a family. I think it was because we had such a screwed up childhood. I know I’m scared shitless that I’m going to somehow scar this kid for life. I know all too well what a crazy childhood can lead to and I know I’m pretty well off and I’m happy, but that doesn’t change all the emotional scars I have. I still cry sometimes, getting angry that my mother left me and my brother. I get angry that I decided to drink one night and on the way home from that party, I happened to be in the car that killed my father.

I guess there are just some things you can’t get over, but you learn to deal with them.

Whether it was our parents fault or not, that we had a bad childhood. It doesn’t mean we’re going to be shitty parents.

I think we’re going to be amazing parents.

“Wait a second. Did you really drink that wine I gave you?” Ryan asks, wide eyed.

She laughs, “I can have a glass of wine, the doctor told me it’s fine.”

He looks at me in confirmation and I nod, smiling, “Mine said the same thing, I’m just not a wine kinda gal.”

“I still can’t believe this. For years I’ve thought I couldn’t have kids and I can.” He says, still shocked.

“Believe it… We’re going to be parents.” I say, grinning at him.

“Did you ever think this would happen?”

“Having kids at the same time? Or having kids at all?”

He laughs, “Both.”

“Honestly,” I shake my head, “I never thought we’d have kids at the same time and for a long time I didn’t think I’d ever have kids. I didn’t think I was good enough to.”

“You’re not her, Lauren.” He says sadly.

I nod slowly, “I know that. If I have to use the rest of my life proving I’m not her, then I will.”

Justin rubs his hand up and down my back, kissing my temple, “You’re going to be an amazing mother and Ryan’s going to be a great dad.” He smiles, “neither of you have anything to worry about.”

“Says the man that doesn’t have to push a baby out of his vagina.” I say smirking at him.

“Wow, you’re right man. I have no worries.” Ryan says laughing.

“Fuck you both.” I say, rolling my eyes.

“At least I’ll have someone to go through it with me.” I say smiling at Gabby.

“Two people.” Justin says reminding me of Olivia.

“I hope we don’t all have our kids on the same day. Shit, that would be one busy little day.” I laugh, shaking my head.

“Let’s get all the pregnant women together and celebrate tomorrow night.” Ryan says, pulling Gabby closer to him, kissing the top of her head.

 

*********************************************************************

 

Six weeks.

That’s how long I have before little miss Timberlake graces us with her presence.

Six weeks. That’s really not that far away.

I have to admit, I’m scared shitless.

I honestly can’t believe how fast time flies.

Justin’s charity concert is in an hour so Mac and I are backstage and I’m trying desperately to get her in to see the Jonas Brothers before she goes to her seat with Trace. I’ve been playing the pregnant card with most of the security guards, but the one outside their door is just not having it right now.

He’s actually being quite the dick.

So I pull out my other card.

“I’m Justin Timberlake’s fiancé and this is his daughter.”

And that’s all it took to get the door opened. When we walked in, I seriously thought Mac was going to have a heart attack. She was breathing really fast and she was visibly shaking and I think she may start crying if one of them talks to her.

“I’m sorry to barge in right before you guys were supposed to be going out on stage, but I promised my daughter she could meet you guys.” I say, grabbing their attention, “I’m Lauren and this is Mackenzie.”

“You’re Justin’s wife right?” The older one, Kevin, says.

I smile, “Soon, yes. This is his daughter Mackenzie.”

“We know all about Mackenzie. We were actually waiting for the two of you. We have a surprise for Kenz, here.” Joe says.

I smile, knowing Justin wouldn’t just set up a meeting with them, he’d do something huge for her.

“Think you can come with us on stage, Mackenzie?” Nick, the one she’s desperately in love with says.

“I- I-” She stutters, wide eyed as he takes her hand.

I laugh, “That’s Timberlake for yes, I’d love to go on stage with you.”

“Why don’t you two follow us then.” Kevin says, as they all start to walk out of the room.

“Mac?” I say, shaking my head.

She screams, tears running down her face, “Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god…” She chants, breathing heavily.

I laugh, “Mac, we have to follow them if you want to go out on stage with them.”

She turns towards me wide eyed, “On… On... On stage?”

I laugh, “On stage with the Jonas Brothers!”

She screams again, this time all three of the brothers come rushing into the room along with Justin and Trace.

“What’s she screaming for?” Justin asks concerned.

“Why is she crying? Jesus, Lauren what’d you do to her?” Trace says, shaking his head at me jokingly.

I laugh, “she got a little excited and it was finally hitting her that she got to go on stage with them.”

“Well we need to get out there.” Joe says patting his brothers on the back, “You coming Mackenzie?”

She nods rather quickly, “Mmmhmmm.”

Wiping her eyes quickly with her sleeves, she takes Nick’s hand again and they lead her out onto the stage as they were announced.

Justin wraps his arms around my waist, well as much as her could anyways, as we watched from the side of the stage.

“We’d like you all to meet a very special friend of ours.” Kevin says to the crowd.

“This here is Mackenzie. Say hi Kenz.” Joe says, putting the mic in front of her mouth.

“Uh- Hi” She says nervously.

“Wow, she certainly didn’t get the love for the stage from you.” I say with a laugh.

“That’s for sure. She looks terrified and ecstatic at the same time.” Justin says with a laugh.

“It just so happens to be her birthday coming up and we wanted to give her a very special birthday. You think you guys can help us out with that?” Nick asks the crowd and everyone yells and claps.

“Ok, on the count of three I want to hear the best rendition of Happy Birthday you guys can do.” Joe says, wrapping an arm around Mackenzie’s shoulder.

“Ok. One! Two! Three!”

Everyone in the place started singing in one of the craziest versions of Happy Birthday I’ve ever heard. Trace taps Justin’s shoulder and I look to see he was rolling a giant birthday cake. I smile, taking a side of the cart, helping the two of them roll the cake out to her just in time for them to finish their song.

Nick and Joe turned Mackenzie around to see the cake and she jumped on Justin.

“Thank you Daddy.” She cried.

“Your welcome, baby.”

 

************************************************************************

 

“Have I told you how incredibly sexy you are when your on stage?” I ask Justin, as he enters our bedroom.

I slide under the covers, pulling them up over my giant belly, laying down to finally relax.

“I don’t think I’ve heard that once tonight. I was beginning to think I’d lost my touch.” He joked, as he undressed and slid under the covers.

“You certainly have not lost your touch.”

“Did you have fun tonight?” He asks, leaning on his elbow to face me.

“I did. It was fun seeing the Black Eyed Peas again.”

He grins, “Hell, I just wish I could get more of those scenes you were in on tape. That video was hot baby.”

I laugh, “And you didn’t want me to be in it.”

“It was sexy as hell and I’m damn glad you were in it.”

“I’m just glad you couldn’t really see my bump.”

“Oh I saw your bump alright.” he grins, “In fact I saw two very nice looking bumps earlier today that I’m pretty sure need my attention.”

“Do they?”

He leans forward, kissing me, “I think they do.”

He pulls the top of my tank top down, kissing his way down.

“Oh god.” I breathe out shakily.

“Feel good already, baby?” He asks, grinning up at me.

I shake my head, “Not particularly.”

His head snaps up, “What?”

“You might want to get up.”

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“If you don’t want to get wet, get up now, Justin.”

He jumps up off the bed, pulling the blanket and sheet with him.

“Holy shit.” He says, wide eyed, “Concert that good or did you just piss the bed?”

I start breathing heavily, “I think I’m in labor.”

“You what?”

“Labor. I think I’m in labor.” I point to the giant wet spot on the bed, “My water broke.”

“You have six weeks left. How can you be in labor?”

I shrug, sitting up, “I don’t know, but can you help me to the shower so I clean this shit off?”

He nods, “Wait.” He runs into the bathroom, turning the shower on, letting it warm up. He comes out of the bathroom gloriously naked, walking towards me. I grin, biting my lower lip.

He laughs, “Come on, take off your clothes.”

“Do you really think this is the best time for us to be doing this? I mean the baby’s coming.”

“Enough smartass, get undressed so we can shower and get you to the hospital.”

Forty-five minutes and a scary drive in the backseat of Trace’s car later we were at the hospital. I feel like I’ve been pushed and shoved and prodded far more than I should be at this stage.

Then the doctor told me I still had a ways to go.

So all that rushing and pushing the nurses did when we got here was completely unneeded. And if one more person comes in and says they have to check how dilated I am, I may scream. Why can’t it just be one person every time? I feel like I’m being violated over and over again.

It’s really starting to creep me out.

In all honesty, this whole thing is really creeping me out. I’m about to pop out a kid from a place that I’m pretty sure stretches to the max every time Justin’s dick goes near it. I don’t think it would freak me out so bad if a baby was the size of his dick, but I’m not stupid and I’m sure this child is going to be a little bit bigger than that.

“You doing ok?” Justin asks, pushing the stray hair off my face.

“I will be when this is all over.”

“Nervous mom?”

I smile at Mac, “I think I’m supposed to be nervous. I’m pretty sure they told me it came with the room.”

She giggles, “I’m excited. I can’t believe I’m going to be a big sister today.”

“Maybe tomorrow.” The nurse says, bringing the mood in the room down yet again.

“I’ll know more when I check to see how far you’re dilated.”

I groan, “How many more people are going to get to stick their fingers up my vagina today?”

The nurse smiles, “Honey, I can’t do anything about that. I just do what the chart tells me to.”

“Well do you think we could keep it down to two or three? I’m starting to think not getting that wax last week was a bad idea.”

She laughs, “Honey, at least you’re in good spirits. Your friendly neighbor to the right has been throwing anything she can get her hands on at anyone that walks in the door that isn’t going to pull her child out of her.”

I smile, “I haven’t gotten that far yet.”

She nods, “Spread your legs nice and wide for me.”

“I thought that was my line?” Justin says, grinning.

I groan when she inserts her fingers, “If I didn’t have a woman’s hand shoved up my vagina, I’d strangle you for being a smartass.”

The nurse chuckles, “Alright your about ready.”

I snap my head towards her, “Ready for what? My wax?”

She smiles, “No sweetie, you’re at about ten centimeters. I’m going to let the doctor know and we’ll be in shortly to get you ready to start pushing.”

“Pushing? Like, actually pushing?”

She grins, “I’ll be right back.”

“I can’t do this.” I say, looking over at Justin.

“If I can you can.” Olivia says, walking in the door.

“Livy!”

“Hey mama, how you feeling?”

“Scared.”

“You can do this, Laur.” she smiles, “Just think you’ll be the one giving me advice on what to do in a few weeks and all of this will just be a crazy memory.”

“She’s right sweetie.” Lynn says, walking into the room with Derek and Paul, “After the baby’s out, you wont even remember the pain.”

“You’re lying right?”

She laughs, “I’m being honest. I didn’t remember any of the pain after he was out. The love you feel for that little baby, makes any pain you may have or have had go away just like that.” She snaps her fingers and smiles.

“You better not be lying to me.”

“Ok, I’m going to need only the people staying for the birth in here, the rest will have to wait in the waiting room.”

“Good luck Laur.” Olivia says, kissing my forehead.

“Good luck.” Derek says, rubbing my belly.

“Thanks guys.” I say nervously.

“We’ll be right down the hall.” Lynn says, pulling Paul out of the room with her.

“Did you call Ryan?” I ask Justin, wondering why he hasn’t shown up yet.

“Someone say my name?” He says from the door. “I hear it’s time to have a baby.”

“Are you staying for the birth, sir?” The doctor asks, as the nurses get me into the delivery position.

He looks down at me, “No I just wanted to wish my little sister good luck.”

He leans down, kissing my forehead, “Good luck Lauren Grace.”

“Congrats, man.” he says, shaking Justin’s hand.

“Thanks Decker.”

I watch him leave the room then the rest just seems like a big blur. I remember a lot of pressure, a lot of pushing and a hell of a lot of relief when that little girl finally came into the world. I remember crying, but happy tears. I was a little upset when they took her away, but they needed to clean her off, and my job wasn’t done yet either.

But nothing, nothing in the world will ever compare to the moment they gave her back to me to hold her for the first time. Everyone left the room and it was just the three of us. Justin sat on the other side of the bed, leaning against my shoulder so he could stare down at her. It seemed to be the only thing either one of us could do.

Well, beside cry, anyway.

She’s absolutely perfect in every way.

“Welcome to the world.” Justin whispers, putting his finger in her hand for her to hold.

“We need to name her.”

“Haley Grace.”

“Haley Grace?”

He nods, “Your dad’s name was Hal so I figured Haley was close enough and I love your middle name.”

I smile, leaning over to kiss him before turning back to my little girl.

“Welcome to the world, Haley Grace.”

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you guys enjoyed the story... PLEASE let me know what you think. I'm a feedback whore :)


Completed
kkhbtb is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 15 members. Members who liked Trying to Get it Right also liked 482 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story