Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi everyone,  I feel like I have a lot of people reading, but very few people are letting me know what they think.  So, if you like what you're reading, please let me know.  If you don't like what you're reading, please let me know.  In other words, just let me know!  Thanks!!!! -me

 

            They talked for a couple more hours, finally leaving the diner around one in the morning.  "Do you need me to drive you to your hotel," she asked as they climbed into her car.

 

            "I haven't gotten a hotel room yet.  I came straight to your place from the airport," he replied sheepishly.

 

            "And I don't remember seeing a car in the drive when we left," she probed.

 

            "Ahh, took a cab."

 

            "And your luggage?"

 

            "Hidden behind a bush under the bay window."

 

            "You either didn't think this trip through or you had faith we'd get back together," she said as they pulled to a stop at a light.  She looked over at him and smiled and took his left hand with her right.  He pulled it up to his lips and kissed it gently.

 

            "A bit of both," he replied with a laugh.  "So I figure when we get back to your place, I'll call another cab and go to the Fontainebleau or something."

 

            "Or you could stay with me," she replied matter-of-factly.  She heard him draw a hesitant breath.  "I mean, I've got three other bedrooms, why let them go to waste."

 

            "Done," he said as he yawned loudly.  They sat in a comfortable silence for the rest of the drive.

 

            When they arrived at the house, JC retrieved his luggage and Amanda showed him to his room.  It was nicely appointed room and decorated in creams and light browns with a balcony over looking the ocean. "The bed's already made and towels are under the sink in the bathroom," she said as she turned down the covers and drew the curtains across the sliding glass door.  "I'll be right next door if you need anything," she said as she walked to him.

 

            He took her in his arms and held her silently.  She rested her head on his chest and sighed.  "This feels right," she said.

 

            "Yeah it does," he said as he drew back slightly and kissed her on her forehead.  "I've missed this."

 

            "Yeah, me too," she replied as she took his face in her hands and leaned up for a gentle kiss.  "Sleep well."

 

            "You too," he said with another kiss on her forehead.  "I love you," he said as she left the room.

 

            She turned as she stepped out of the room.  "I love you too," she said with a playful smile on her lips.

 

            When she got to her room, she quickly changed and slipped under the covers of her bed.  Even though she was physically and emotionally drained, she could not fall asleep.  An hour later, after trying various techniques, including counting sheep, she was still awake.  She flung the covers off and grabbed her robe as she headed out the door.  She padded silently down the hallway.  Her book was sitting on the kitchen table.  "Maybe if I read some, I'll be able to sleep," she thought to herself. 

 

            As she passed JC's door, she noticed it was cracked slightly.  She opened the door further and looked in.  It was a full moon and its light played across his sleeping form.  His face looked so peaceful as he slept.  She crept silently to the bed, watching his chest rise and fall with each breath.  She didn't want to wake him.  When she reached his bed, she didn't know what to do, so she continued to watch him sleep.  A while later, she reached out and lightly ran her hand over his cheek and leaned down and placed a feather light kiss on his temple.  "I love you," she whispered.  As she left the room, JC sighed.  She wondered if he had heard her.

 

            She returned to her room.  "I just needed to see he was ok," she said just as she fell asleep almost immediately.

 

            JC woke with a start.  "Amanda," he called out just above a whisper.  He looked around and didn't see her.  He laid back down.  "I could have sworn she was right here," he thought as he inhaled deeply to clear his mind and realized he could faintly detect the fragrance she wore.  He smiled.  He loved the perfume she wore.  A light and airy vanilla musk, she wore just the right amount, just enough to know it was there.  He turned over to get comfortable again.  And hour later, he was not able to go back to sleep.  He was frustrated as he sat up.  He had never had a problem going to sleep until after Amanda left.  It was as if holding her in his arms that night were an addictive drug, to be able to sleep, he needed her.  He laughed at the thought and climbed out of bed.  When he reached the door he looked left toward the living room, then looked right towards the other bedrooms.  He turned right.

 

            As he reached Amanda's room, he smiled when he saw the door open.  He looked in and smiled.  She was lying on her back, her hair splayed out over the pillow.  The moonlight showed through the sliding glass door.  A small smile played on his lips.  He leaned in the doorway and watched her.  He yawned.  He walked to the bed and stood over her.  He wanted to reach out and touch her but feared that if he did he would disturb her sleep.  He grabbed the armchair by the balcony door and moved it closer to the bed, positioning it so he could look at her.  He propped his feet on the night stand and leaned back.  She stirred, he held his breath, slowing releasing it when she settled on her side.  He yawned again and rested his head on the back of the chair and closed his eyes.

 

            When she awoke, it was morning and the sun streamed through the glass doors and onto her bed.  She yawned and stretched and reached for the mints she always had by her night stand.  As she opened the container and popped two into her mouth, she sat up and looked out to the ocean.  She smiled.  JC was still asleep in the chair and snoring lightly.  Just then his eyes flew open.  "Good morning," she said softly with a smile.

 

            "Did you know that at three a.m., you look like an angel in the moonlight," he asked as he smiled back at her.

 

            "Hmm, that's funny you should say that because at two a.m., you look like an angel too," she replied with a smile.

 

            He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. "So you were in my room last night."

 

            "Guilty," she replied as she watched him move his head round in circles.  She saw him grimace as he reached up and rubbed the left side of his neck.  "Come here," she said as she patted the bed in front of her.  She started kneading his bare shoulders and neck.  "You know," she said a minute later, "if you slept in your bed instead of that chair, you wouldn't have this problem."

 

            "Yeah, but you and I share the same affliction, unable to sleep without seeing the other first," he replied.

 

            "Astute diagnosis doctor.  And the treatment," she asked playfully. 

 

            He turned to face her.  "Simple, always sleep together," he answered with a smile and leaned for a kiss.  She held up her hand to stop him and reached for the mints.  She placed two in his mouth, his tongue light grazing her finger as she did.  He smiled as the mints quickly dissolved and then leaned and kissed her passionately.

 

            She broke the kiss a few minutes later.  "Can I tell you something," she asked as he rubbed her cheek gently.

 

            "Sure, anything," he answered.

 

            "You know that sucking thing you do with my bottom lip," she said.  He nodded.  "Could you not do that," she asked sheepishly.

 

            "Sure, why?  Do you not like it," he inquired.

 

            "No, I like it too much," she said with a light laugh.  He leaned in and kissed her forehead.

 

            "Done," he replied.  "Now, how about some breakfast."

 

            "Ooo, sounds good, whatcha gonna fix?"

 

            "Me, it's your house," he said innocently.

 

            "Ahhh, in other words, you don't know how to cook?"

 

            "Uh, yeah, exactly," he replied.

 

            "Then what do you do when you're not on tour," she asked as they climbed off her bed.

 

            "Isn't that why they created take out," he asked innocently.  She shook her head as if she couldn't believe her ears.

 

            They spent the day on the beach talking, playing and, in JC's case, sleeping.  That evening, they grilled chicken and watched a movie.  They talked a lot during the day about their relationship and what they needed to do to make it work.  They went to bed early that evening, both still recovering from the emotional and physical stresses of the past few days.

 

            However, at midnight, Amanda found she was still awake.  As with the night before, she had left her book in the kitchen.  As she walked down the hallway, she bumped into something.  She screamed.  And someone screamed back.  Both she and JC caught their breaths and started to laugh.  She flipped on the hallway light.

 

            "Don't do that again," she said with mock sternness as she lightly hit his arm.

 

            "Me, you were the one that screamed," he said as he reached out and poked at her sides.  She laughed and pulled away.  "Ok, someone's ticklish I see," he said as she poked at her more.

 

            "JC, stop, I don't like that," she said as she tried to pull away.  He kept poking and she finally was able to grab his hands and lace her fingers in his.  He continued to try and poke her.  "JC," she said as she continued to laugh, "if you don’t stop, you're going to end up on the floor," she warned.

 

            "Oh really," he said with a challenging smile, "I'd like to see you try."

 

            "Have it your way," she said with a mischievous grin.  She unlaced her fingers from his but still held on to his hands. In one fluid motion, placed her right leg behind his and threw her right hip into his.  He lost his balance and ended up flat on his back with his fall being slowed because Amanda still had a hold of his hands.  "Told you," she said as she stood over him and put her hands on her hips.

 

            "How'd you do that," he asked in amazement and he peered up at her.

 

            "Black belt in karate," she replied as she held her hand out to help him.

 

            "You know you're going to pay for that," he said as he stood up.

 

            "Oh, I count on it," she replied with a wink and walked away from him towards the kitchen.

 

            When he entered the kitchen, she was getting a bottle of water from the refrigerator.  "Couldn't sleep either," he asked as she handed him a bottle as well.

 

            "Not a wink," she replied as she sat at the breakfast bar and yawned.

 

            "Well," he said as he took a sip from the bottle, "we could always try something like last night," he suggested.

 

            "Nah, that chair isn't that comfortable," she replied with a slight grin.

 

            "You know what I mean."

 

            "Yeah, I do, and I wish I could say no, but I know that's the only way I'm going to sleep tonight," she said with smile as she reached for his hand and gave it a small kiss.

 

            "So you're not objecting," he asked.

 

            "I'll do it on one condition…"

 

            "What's that," he questioned.

 

            "You put a shirt on," she replied seriously.

 

            "What, you don't like the way I look," he asked sadly as he flexed his arm.

 

            She took a deep breath, "Um no, I like it a lot, I just don't think I'll be able to sleep with a half naked man next to me," she replied with a grin.

 

            "Done," he said as she stood up.  He smiled.  She gave him a confused look.  He bent over and placed one arm behind her legs and picked her up.  Instinctively she wrapped her arms around his neck so she wouldn't fall.

 

            "What are you doing, you're going to hurt yourself," she said with a laugh as he started walking towards the bedrooms.

 

            "Hit the lights will you love," he said as they passed through the doorjamb to the hallway.  Amanda reached out and turned off the kitchen lights.  He walked into his room and picked up a tee shirt lying across the back of the chair.  "Hall lights," he said as they passed the switch.  Again, she turned out the lights.  He entered her room.  It was lit by the moonlight.  He gently placed her on the bed and pulled the shirt over his head and climbed under the covers.  She put her head on his chest and wrapped an arm around his waist.  He wrapped one arm around her shoulders and lightly stroked her arm with the other.  Their breathing and heartbeats calmed and nearly mimicked the other.

 

            "Amanda," he asked quietly a few minutes later.

 

            "Yeah," she replied sleepily.

 

            "What are we going to do when we go back to Orlando," he questioned.

 

            "I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it," she answered lightly as she drifted into sleep.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love jc hospital drunkjc solojc