...continued

Britney rushed out of the house and towards her car in tears. "Britney!" Justin ran after her. "Brit?" he gripped her arm, holding her back.

"Let go of me!!!" she yanked her arm away.

"Britney..." he began.

"How could you do this to me?" she spoke in tears. "You told me you weren't seeing her anymore."

"I never said that. I..."

"It doesn't matter!!!" she shouted. "It doesn't matter. From what I saw back there, shows that you were lying all along." she sniffled.

"Lying about what? I told you I was gonna continue seeing her, being the fact that she's having my baby."

"Oh! So does that mean you were gonna continue fucking her?" he looked away, resting his hands on his hips. "You specifically told me that the ONLY way we were gonna get married is if you win my trust back. How in the hell is that possible if you're still sleeping with someone else?"

"I..." he hesitated, trying to find the right words to say. "Remember when I told you that things weren't the same between us? Well..." he scratched his forehead in thought. "I meant that in a way of saying...that I don't feel the same about you anymore." he lifted his head to peer in her confused eyes.

Without a word said, she swung her hand, slapping him across the face. "You bastard."

"Britney..." she stood there crying her eyes out.

"I can't...believe this. I...I knew it. I just...knew it." she sniffled profoundly.

"Sweetie..." he reached out to touch her but she backed away.

"Don't sweetie me! Don't you DARE CALL ME THAT AGAIN!" she began swinging her fists, hitting him everywhere.

"Britney...calm down." he grabbed a hold to her arms, and backing her up against the car. "Stop it!" he pinned her arms over her head. "Now listen to me..."

"No! I WILL NOT LISTEN TO YOU! YOU SAID YOU WEREN'T GONNA DUMP ME FOR HER! You said..." she sniffled tremendously, making it difficult to understand her clearly. "You said you love me. You...you said that and...I believed you. I believed you." she cried faintly.

"I do love you. I swear I do, but..." for some reason he felt like crying also. Not only because she was crying, but because this was the hardest thing he could ever do.

"I'm leaving." he looked over his shoulder to gaze at Beyonce. She ambled towards the gates that surrounded his mansion.

"Wait! Um..." he gazed back at Britney. "I'll be right back, okay?" he jogged up behind Beyonce who proceeded towards the exit. "Bee? Beyonce?"

"What?" she answered, not bothering to look back.

"Listen..." he ran in front of her. "I understand how you feel and I wouldn't blame you. But let's handle this in a mature way."

"What mature way? I am so sick and tired of this. I don't even know WHY I came here in the first place. I'm tired of being in the middle of..."

"Last night, we made love. And it felt incredibly beautiful. You even said so yourself."

"What does this have to do with anything?"

"I need you to be patient with me. I'm trying to end it with her, but the closer I get to that point...the harder it becomes for me. I need your support." she rolled her eyes.

"Get out of my way."

"Please. Last night, you told me over and over how much you love me and I KNOW you meant it. I could see it in your eyes." he peered deeply in her eyes. "I know how it is to be the other one. You wouldn't have agreed to come here if you didn't wanna be with me."

"Yeah, I wanna be with you." she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well then let's make it work." she held her head down as the tears slowly blinded her.

"That's impossible." she spoke rickety from the lump in her throat. "I just ahem...I'm tired of waiting. The longer I wait, the more I want you. But it hurts...to see you not trying to make an effort to do something." she wiped underneath her teary eyes. "You constantly tell me how much you wanna be with me, but you're not doing anything to make that happen. You can't have both of us. I won't allow it, and I know she won't either." he watched as a tear slowly rolled down her cheek. "I have to go." she inhaled sharply.

"Can I at least take you home? You shouldn't be walking..."

"I'll be fine." she brushed pass him, instantly feeling a hand grasp her arm. "What now..." she turned around, feeling a pair of lips crush onto hers.

"I love you. And I'm gonna show you how serious I am." she pulled away from him. He watched as she turned, heading the opposite direction.

Britney stood there, her whole face drenched with tears. She couldn't believe what had just happened. First, she finds her boyfriend in bed with another woman. Now he's kissing someone else IN her presence. She knew that this was definitely a huge sign that it was over.

"Britney?" she leisurely lifted her head to gaze at him. "Um..." he stuffed his hands in his pockets, not having a clue what to say. "I'm sorry you had to find out this way. And uh...I just think that...we shouldn't see each other anymore."

"Ahem." she cleared the lump in her throat. "I see." she had never felt so hurt in her entire life. And she knew it was all her fault. None of this would've happened if it wasn't for her.

"Are you gonna be okay?" he asked in concern.

"What do you think? I mean..." she brushed her hair back from out of her face. "I know I screwed up okay? But...I don't deserve this. I don't deserve the way you're treating me. I loved you with all my heart and...I thought you felt the same way."

"Here you go again. This is not all about you anymore. You hurt me. You really did, whether you want to believe it or not. And...something like that is hard to ignore. Once you cheat on someone, you are capable of doing it again. And I know you will, because you're still seeing him."

"And how in the hell would you know? Obvi..."

"Jim, right?" her eyebrows raised questionably.

"Excuse me?"

"I think there's something you should know. That night of the awards show, I went to go use the bathroom before we left and I saw your cell sitting by the sink. I happened to press talk and some guy answered the phone. That's when I knew you were still messing around with him." he paused to get a response from her, but all she did was keep silent. "I wanted to confront you about it, but something just told me keep it to myself. I thought you would've told me. But you didn't. It's been months and you still didn't confess."

"God, Justin I..."

"No, it's okay. I've come to realize how much I really meant to you. And that's why I'm finally gonna end it. Why be with someone who's playing you like a fool while on the other hand, there's someone else out there who really loves you and wants to be with you? I didn't want to do this. I swear I didn't, but from the way things are going, it doesn't look like anything is going to change."

"But it can. Just...give me another chance. Please." he peered in her eyes, refusing to believe her. "I know I hurt you and...you have a right to feel this way, but you're not gonna seriously throw everything away. Four years...does that mean anything to you?"

"I think you're asking the wrong person that. You should've asked yourself that question before you did what you did." he turned, ambling towards his house.

"Wait! Justin, please..." she wrapped her arms around his waist. "Don't do this to me. Please. I can't...I can't live without you. Please don't do this." she cried.

"Britney..." he turned to face her. "Stop doing this. You're more stronger than this. I know it." she shook her head.

"No I'm not." she disagreed.

"Yes you are."

"No." her bottom lip trembled with emotions. "I only act that way to...make you think that, but I'm not. I'm such a weakling when it comes to you. I don't wanna lose you. I need you. Please..." she sniffled uncontrollably. "Don't...do this. Please don't. I can't...I can't live with...out you."

"You can. The reason why you're feeling this way is because we've been together for so long...it's like you've gotten used to me. And I understand. I used to feel the same way, until I met someone who's helped me to see the light."

"No, that's not true. I love you. I love you so much." she wrapped her arms around his neck, and rested her head on his chest as she continued crying. "Let's make it work. I promise I will never hurt you again. I wanna...get married and have children. As many as you want."

"Britney..." he ran his fingers through her lose hair. "Look at me." she gradually pulled back to gaze in his eyes. "I'm in love with someone else now." she broke into tears once again. "Shhh. Listen to me, okay? Shhh." he leaned in, pecking her on the forehead. "Don't cry."

"This is too much for me. Why are you treating me this way? Why?! WHYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!" she swung her fists, hitting him once more.

"Britney?" he grabbed a hold to her arms, pushing her up against the wall. "Stop it!" he shouted. "Stop hitting me."

"I don't wanna live anymore. There's no point of living if I can't be with you." his whole mood had changed.

"Okay, um...if you're talking about killing yourself, then I guess you're not as tough as I thought you were." he released her. "I can't do this anymore. You are so selfish. You only think about yourself. You cheated on me, remember? You hurt me." he pointed to himself. "Now you're trying to threaten your life to get back at me? You know how much I love you. I wanted to spend the rest of my LIFE with you. I wanted to grow old with you. I WANTED TO HAVE CHILDREN WITH YOU, BUT YOU FUCKED UP! YOU HAD TO GO AND SLEEP WITH SOME OTHER GUY KNOWING HOW DEEP MY LOVE WAS FOR YOU! HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU LIKE I DO AND HE NEVER WILL!" at this point, his face was soaked in tears. "You think I wanted this to happen? Do you seriously think that? When I found out you cheated on me, I wanted to die. I felt like killing myself, but not because I was getting dumped. But because I was betrayed...by someone who I thought loved me." he paused, trying hard to control his temper. "I was the one in love. And I was stupid to believe you felt the same way. So um..." he looked up to lock eyes with hers. "...do what you gotta do. I'm not gonna stop you. If you feel that you need to commit suicide, then go right ahead. But I will let everyone know how crazy you were. As a matter-of-fact, I don't think I would have to tell anyone once they find out you killed yourself. I'm sure they'll put two and two together." he wiped the tears from his eyes. "I have to go." he entered his house, closing the door behind him. "Fuck." he felt so hurt, because he never thought this day would come. And he blamed it all on her. If she didn't cheat on him, everything would have been fine. They would've still been together and maybe even planning their wedding. But he knew he had to move on, and start a new life. And he had one person in mind.

Later on

Justin pulled the front door open, instantly coming face to face with a familiar woman. "Ma?"

"Justin? Hey!" for some reason, he was happy to see her.

"Hey." he embraced her in a hug, realizing how much he missed her. "I'm so glad you're here." she released him.

"I'm in town on a business trip, so I decided to stop by and see my adorable son." he smiled slyly. "How's everything?" he held his head down, unsure how to tell her.

"Not so good." he turned, taking a seat on the sofa.

"What's wrong?" she looked away, gazing at the T.V. screen that had Britney on it. "What's this?" she asked, taking a seat beside him.

"Um...nothing really. Just a slide show. I found it while I was cleaning out my closet." she sat there, watching as a different picture slid across the screen. This picture was of him and Britney at the beach after a cake fight. A soft chuckle escaped his lips. "I remember that day. We had...just gotten in a cake fight after making up." she looked away, focusing in on him.

"Something happened?" he kept his eyes glued to the screen, refusing to look her in the eyes because it would only make him more emotional. And he had this thing about crying in her presence. He hated to.

"Brit and I..." he hesitated. "We broke up." she held a surprised look.

"Oh...I'm so sorry, son." she embraced him in a hug.

"No. It's...okay." he broke from her embrace. "Everything happens for a reason." she kept her gaze on him, knowing deep down that he wasn't okay. "But..." he forced a smile on his face. "I'll get over it."

"I don't understand. What could've happened? I mean, you guys were like so happy and now..."

"You don't understand. It's complicated. And just like I said, everything happens for a reason." he grabbed the remote and turned off the television. "Any way..." he arose from the sofa. "I've done all of my crying. And now, it's time to move on."
____________

Around seven o'clock that evening...

Justin stepped up on the porch and rung the doorbell. Seconds later, the door flew open revealing a woman. "Justin, hey."

"Hey, how are you?" he spoke to Kelly.

"I'm fine. Beyonce, right?" he nodded.

"Yeah, if that's not a problem."

"Hold on." he watched as she ran further in the house, disappearing in front of him. Minutes later, a woman came to the door wearing a robe.

"Yeah?" she peered out the door, automatically gazing at him.

"Hey." he spoke the first word. "I tried calling, but you wouldn't answer your phone."

"Go away."

"But..." before he could finish his sentence, she had closed the door in his face. "Damnit!" now he definitely felt alone. The woman that he loved didn't want anything to do with him.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story