...continued

Beyonce sat on the sofa staring at the blank screen TV in front of her. She never felt so hurt and used in her entire life. All she kept doing was replaying the sentences in her head that Britney had told her.

"How?" she asked herself. "How is it possible?"

She didn't want to believe she was pregnant, but she knew that it was possible. After all, she is his ex.

A beep sound alerted her that someone had entered the house. That instant, her heart had stopped. Words couldn't explain how heated she was.

Justin entered the living room, automatically freezing when he recognized her. For some reason, he seemed very tense. Like he wasn't expecting her. Which of coarse, he wasn't since she was sitting on his living room sofa.

"Bee? Uhhh, what are you doing here? I wasn't...expecting you."

"I know." she spoke simply. "But I was expecting you." he was familiar with her tone of voice. It was the tone she would use whenever she was upset.

"Well um..." he sat his belongings by the sofa and took a seat beside her. "What's up? I uh..." he glimpsed at his watch. "I was just dropping these things off and then I was gonna be on my way out the door. I have a few more errands to..." she rolled her eyes.

"Don't even try that with me." she interrupted. He flashed her a confused look.

"What are you talk..."

"That little line you use whenever you're avoiding someone. I know, because I do it too." a soft chuckle escaped his lips.

"You are really acting strange. You KNOW I will never do that to you." she looked away, fiddling with her fingers in thought. "Hey." he reached out, brushing her cheek delicately. "What's wrong? You don't look too thrilled." she brushed a few strains of hair out of her face. "Wanna talk about it?"

"Actually, yeah." he watched as she pulled a piece of paper out of her purse. "Here. I think you should look at this." he leisurely accepted the paper and unfolded it, quickly scanning the sentences.

"Um, why are you showing me this? I thought we already talked about this."

"Look at the name." he scrutinized the paper closely, searching for a name. Finally, he spotted it written at the top of the left hand corner. His eyes lit up that instant.

"Britney?" he lifted his head, peering in her eyes. "I don't understand."

"It's simple. You're reading Britney's pregnancy test." he burned a hole into her, still feeling confused about the whole situation.

"What are you trying to tell me?"

"Britney is pregnant. And you wanna know who's the father? Yours truly." his eyebrows raised questionably.

"Um..." he arose from the sofa, scratching his forehead in frustration. "I don't...I really don't know what you're trying to accomplish here, but it's not funny."

"Ha! Do you see me laughing? Do you actually SEE a smile on my face?" she asked, pointing to her lips. "No! So obviously I'm thinking the opposite."

"Okay, well why are you telling me this? Why didn't she come to me herself? Damnit!" he spoke angrily.

"I don't know. She just showed up at my place and explained everything. Now..." she paused, trying to keep in her emotions. "...I don't know what's going on. As soon as things started to get better between us, this shit pops up. Do you even realize what this means? IF she IS pregnant with your baby, that means she's gonna be in our lives forever. And...I don't think I will be able to deal with that."

"No. Listen to me..." he grasped her hands, pulling her up from the sofa. "She's probably lying just to get attention. I know her. She will say ANYTHING to get her way."

"And what if she's not lying? I mean...what if she's really pregnant with your baby? What are you gonna do then? Just abandon the child?"

"No. I didn't say that. I just..." he bit the bottom of his lip in thought. "I just really hope this doesn't interfere with our relationship. I don't mind dealing with my responsibility. I just don't wanna lose you in the process." he paused, scrutinizing her closely. "You ARE pregnant with my baby also." he mentioned.

She reached up, placing both of her hands on her tummy. "I just want us to be a happy family."

"And we can. Nothing's stopping us. Aight?" he leaned in, pecking her on the lips. "Just bare with me, okay? I'm gonna go straighten this out with her. If you want, you can stay here or..."

"No um...I think I'm just gonna head back home. I feel a little tired and..."

"Stay here. You can chill in my room." she peered in his eyes. "I won't be gone long." a growling sound startled him. "What was that?" she blushed slyly.

"Um..." he gazed in on her stomach, a smile slowly forming across his lips.

"That was you?" she nodded timidly. "Hahaha. Why didn't you tell me you were hungry? Starvin' my baby." she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever."

"Come on. We can stop by a restaurant on our way back." he grasped her hand, leading her towards the front door.
___________

Britney pulled the door open, to her surprise seeing someone she didn't expect. "Justin?" she smiled massively. "Hey." she reached out, attempting to touch him, but he jerked away. Her smile slowly faded. "What's wrong?"

"What...are you crazy or something? What the hell is this?" he held out the sheet of paper with her test results.

"Oh...I see you got the news. So, what do you think? I was hoping we have a girl. We can..."

"No. Will you shut up!" he spat out. "This is not funny. First, you show up at my house...returning the things that I bought you. Now this? Come on. I mean, what's next? Are you gonna threaten to kill me?" she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Oh please. You actually think I'm that stupid? I just thought you should know. I mean, you have a RIGHT to know since you were a part of it. Right?" he lowered his eyes at her, giving her a serious look.

"You know what you're doing. You're trying to ruin what I have because you fucked up between us."

"What are you talking about? I..."

"Stop playing this game with me! You went ahead and got pregnant from that Jim dude. Now you're claiming that it's my child because you don't wanna see me happy. You cheated on me, remember? And how bad I wanted us to work, I just couldn't pretend anymore. You persistently looked in my eyes and lied to me and didn't expect me to get upset. It hurt me. It really took the best of me, because I loved you. And I really wanted it to work out between us. But...as you can see, everything doesn't turn out as planned." she held her head down, feeling guilt all over. "Now I'm gonna ask you this once. Tell me the truth. Is this REALLY my baby? Because you know I will deal with my responsibility and be a father to this child. But if it's not, don't waste my time. All I wanna do is move on with my life. I don't wanna hurt anymore." she peered in his eyes, realizing how miserable he looked. She knew this was hurting him, just as much as it was hurting her.

"Y...yeah." she stammered lightly. "It is your baby." he gazed deeply in her eyes. Something was telling him that she was lying.

"Did I mean that much to you? I don't understand. I mean, you went behind my back and slept with another man while I was on tour. Now when you've realized that you REALLY lost me, you wanna stoop down this low? I am really starting to think differently about you. I thought you were more classy than this." he turned, stepping off the porch and heading towards his car.

"Wait! Justin, wait!" she ran after him. "Justin, please..." she cried.

"No." he turned to face her. "Leave me alone." he demanded.

"Please. I just..." she sniffled profoundly. "I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't mean to hurt you. I never meant to cheat. I...I was just desperate and...stupid. Please don't do this to me. Don't leave me." she cried.

"I'm gonna ask you once more. ARE YOU pregnant with my baby? YES OR NO! I don't need an explanation. All I want is a yes or no." she sniffled, slowly wiping the tears from her eyes.

"I...I don't know." his raised his eyebrows interestingly.

"You don't know?" he shook his head pathetically. "God, what the hell did I ever see in you? You are such a..." he paused, catching himself. "Why are you doing this to me? Huh? Why the FUCK do you insist on tormenting me? I don't deserve this. I never did!" he spoke furiously. "You know what I'm gonna do? As soon as you have that baby, call me. That way, we can go and get a DNA test. And I HOPE it's not my baby. I can not live with the thought of spending the rest of my life with you. So here." he handed her the test results. "I'll see you in another nine months. Or however long it takes." she watched as he hopped in his car and drove off.

"What happened?" Beyonce asked curiously.

"Ugh, she's such a..." he gritted his teeth angrily. "I don't even wanna talk about it." she kept her eyes on him, realizing how displeased he looked.

"You still love her, don't you?" he flicked on his blinkers, quickly switching lanes. "I mean, it's okay. I will understand. After all, she was your first love." he instantly stopped at a red light.

"I dunno. I mean...I feel so confused. I didn't know love could hurt so much. It's a very powerful word." he forced himself not to shed a tear in her presence, but it was a little difficult not to. His emotions were haywire. He felt depressed but upset at the same time. "I do still love her. But I realized that all of this happened for a reason. I would've never gotten to know the real you." he gawked to the side to peer in her eyes. "Someone who's trustworthy and caring." she gazed deeply in his eyes. "Beautiful inside out. I swear, I don't know what I would do if you were to ever leave me or...hurt me like she did. I don't think I would ever trust another woman again." he pulled off when the light turned green.

"I'm not like that. I will never cheat on you or hurt you like she did." she reached out, resting her hand on his.

"It's kinda intimidating. I mean, she said the same thing. BUT, I'm not saying that you would go and do what she did." he sniffled, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Were you crying?"

"Umm..." he blinked his eyes a few times to get rid of the solution in his eyes. "No. I just..."

"It's okay. You don't have to pretend like you're not aching. I completely understand. Like I said, I was cheated on before and it wasn't a good feeling. Especially if you were in love with that person. It's hard and it hurts really bad."

"Yeah." he released a soft sigh. "Any way..." he licked his lips to moisten them. "There's this restaurant up the street. They have amazing food. I think I have an appetite for their apple cobbler."

"Do they do take out?"

"Uh, yeah. Why?" he asked, glimpsing at her.

"I dunno. I just would rather eat at home. You know, so we can spend quality time with each other." she leaned in, kissing him on the cheek. "Don't worry about anything. Everything is gonna be fine." she assured. "I promise." he reached out, placing his hand on her thigh.

"I love you." she smiled lightheartedly.

"Hmm, really? Well um..." she leaned in towards his ear. "Show me." she whispered.

"Wh...what do you mean? Right now?" she nodded modestly.

"Aight." he stopped in the middle of the empty road, slowly leaning over towards her. "Come here." she watched as he leisurely locked lips with hers. A chill ran up her spine.

"Mmm." she moaned, gripping his neck to prevent him from pulling away. His tongue entered her mouth, brushing up against hers tenderly. "Mmm I love you."

"I see that. Haha." he chuckled softly. She fell on her back as he hovered on top of her.

"Mmm, baby? Mmm oh goddd. I think we should stop. I mean, we shouldn't..." a knock on the window startled them. He quickly looked up, focusing on a cop who stood outside of the passengers window.

"Shit." he sat up, rubbing through his hair in frustration. Now this was the most embarrassing situation he'd ever been in for a long time.

"Oh my..." Beyonce sat up, quickly straightening out her outfit.

"We are in some shit." he mumbled, gradually rolling down his window as the police officer walked over on the drivers side.

"License and registration."

"Yes, sir." he leaned over, grabbing his registration info from out of the glove compartment. "Here you go." he handed him both of the items. The cop examined the information directly.

"Can I ask, why are you parked in the middle of the road? You realize their are a line of cars behind you?"

"Um..." he looked over his shoulder, realizing what the cop was talking about. "Well, they weren't there at first. But um, if you're asking do I understand...yeah. Why wouldn't I?" he handed him back his information.

"I'm gonna have to write you up for this."

"No problem." Beyonce sat there forcing the laughs in, because for one, they were getting a ticket for making out in the middle of the road. If Kelly was to ever find out, she would stay on her case forever.

"Here you go. You have a nice day."

"Thank you. You too." he rolled up his window, quickly driving off. "I can't believe this. This is some fucked up shit." she broke out laughing.

"Oh my god. I can't believe we got a ticket for making out in the middle of the road."

"Me either." he gazed at the ticket, realizing how much the cop wrote him up for. "What the...a thousand dollars? A THOUSAND DOLLARS for holding up traffic? What type of shit is this?" he crumbled up the ticket and tossed it in the back seat. "I swear, it's because I'm rich. I KNOW it's because I'm rich. Fat ass...donut eating..."

"All right, all right. Calm down. Haha. No need to get disturbed." she assured. "You know we can easily pay that off with no hesitation."

"It's not that. It's the FACT that he actually thought it was okay to write me up a big ticket just because I'm rich. I mean, why can't I be treated equally like these non-famous people out there? I BET if I wasn't famous, it would've been wayyyyy lower than that. Like this one time, I went to MacDonald's and ordered this meal off the menu that was like...five bucks. And you know how much the cashier charged me? She charged me for FIVE meals like I wasn't gonna notice that. I mean, COME ON! Is STUPID written on my forehead or something? Just because I'm famous doesn't mean I'm illiterate." she laughed hysterically.

"Now that was too obvious and dull of her. Haha."

"Hell yeah it was."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story