Three months later

Months had passed and everything was running smoothly until Beyonce started having intense labor pains being that she was nine months along.

"Oh..." Beyonce rested her hand on her stomach in pain.

Tina, her mother and Kelly gazed up from their plates of food to stare at her. "What's the matter?" her mother asked.

"Um...I...nothing. I just felt a sharp pain." she smiled slyly. "I'll be fine." she assured.

"Hmm, okay. Well let us know if they get worse. You don't need to go into labor in a restaurant. Haha."
___________

Justin stepped out of the sound box where he recorded one of his tracks for his upcoming album. "Damn, I'm exhausted, man. I haven't gotten any sleep lately." he took a seat beside Pharell, one of the producers he was working with.

"Beyonce been working you half too death?" he rolled his eyes.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" he took a sip of his water. "Working on this album...helping Beyonce around the house. It's just been tiring me out. I think I need to go on vacation for a few months. We're expecting the baby sometime this month, so I'm really gonna need some energy for my son." he spoke, smiling proudly.

"It's a boy?"

"Yep. I'm so excited, man. I can't wait to see him." he paused, gazing up at the ceiling in thought. "You know, I wonder what features of mine he's gonna have."

"Probably your squeaky ass voice." he joked.

"Fuck you." he sat there laughing his head off.

Beyonce continued having pains off and on but the they begin to progress even longer. "I think I should head back home. I don't feel to well." she spoke, feeling a little lightheaded.

"Oh, okay. Well I guess we'll have to order take-out boxes." Tina suggested.

Justin stepped out of his car and ambled towards the donut shop he normally visits every weekend. He entered the restaurant, automatically taking a seat at the bar. "Hey, Justin." one of the bar tenders greeted.

"Hey, Sue. How you doin'?"

"I'm good. And you? I heard you're expecting a baby." he smiled massively.

"Yep. Sometime this month. Um, you mind hookin' me up with one of those fudge donuts and a cup of coffee? I'm worn-out. I need something to wake me up."

"Sure."

His cell phone went off in his pocket. He turned it on, resting it beside his ear. "Hello?"

"Hey." a familiar voice responded.

"Hey, sweetie. How's everything?" he watched as Sue sat his coffee and donut in front of him. "Thanks." she smiled in return.

"I feel miserable." he took a bite out of his donut.

"Why? What's wrong?" he asked in concern.

"Well, I've been having nothing but contractions today. They like get worse and worse as time goes by. I hung out with my mom and cousin today, but they had to take me back home because I just wasn't getting any better."

"Oh...well I'm sorry to hear that. You should've stayed with them. At least until I got there. You don't wanna end up going into REAL labor and no one is there to help you."

"I know. Kelly said the same thing, but...I just felt like being alone. I don't want them to see me like this. All in pain and shit." he chortled softly.

"Listen, I'll be there in a few minutes okay? So don't go anywhere."

"All right. See you in a few. Ooohh owww." she moaned in pain.

"You okay?" he asked, waiting for a response but no one responded. "Bee?" he begin to panic.

"Yeah?" he closed his eyes, sighing in relief.

"I'm comin' now. Try to relax until I get there, okay? I love you. Bye." he turned his phone off, and stood to his feet.

"What's the rush?" Sue asked curiously.

"Um, Bee is having contractions. I wanna be there with her in case she decides to go into labor." he pulled out a bill and handed it to her. "Keep the change."

"Thank you. Um, wish her good luck for me."

"I will. Thanks again." he headed towards the door when he felt someone call him. He quickly looked over his shoulder to gaze at a familiar woman heading his direction.

"Hey. I haven't seen you in a while."

"Oh boy." he looked away, proceeding towards the door.

"What's going on with you? Why have you been avoiding me?" he exited the building and ambled out on the parking lot towards his car.

"I haven't been avoiding you. I specifically told you I will see you when you have the baby. But other than that, I don't want anything to do with you."

"That's really harsh. I thought you still loved me." she followed him to his car.

"Don't play that reverse psychology shit on me. It won't work." he unlocked the door to his car and pulled it open.

"Justin?"

"What?" he turned to face her.

"There's something I will like to confess." he stood there waiting for her to continue. "It's not your baby. I just thought I should lie and say it was that way...maybe you would've considered giving me a second chance. But since it didn't work, I figured I should tell you the truth." he lowered his eyes at her, wanting so badly to yell at the top of his lungs but something was holding him back.

"I knew it. And for some reason, I'm not surprised at all because I knew you would do something like this. I've known you long enough to know your ways." he sat in his car.

"There's one more thing I need from you before you leave." she leaned over, placing a soft kiss on his lips. He sat there in complete shock. For some reason he had no clue what to do. He wasn't for sure if he should make a big scene and call her every name in the book or pretend like nothing happened.

"I have to go." he conveyed the car to life, quickly pulling out of the lot.
____________

Meanwhile...

Beyonce laid in bed breathing heavily after every contraction. Normally she would feel them, but then they would stop for good. But not this time. She persistently felt the pains and not just in her stomach, but also in her lower back.

Justin entered the house, hastily making his way up the stairs to his bedroom. He entered the room, gazing around for a specific person. "Bee?" he called, instantly being startled by his cell phone. "Damn." he turned the device on. "Yeah?"

"Hey, where are you?"

"Um...who is this?" he checked in the bathroom but there still was no sign of her.

"Kelly. You DO know Beyonce is in labor, right?" that moment, his heart had completely stopped.

"What?"

"We just dropped her off to the hospital. The doctor checked her and she was five centimeters dilated." his heart begin to beat erratically.

"Wh...but how is that possible? I was just on the phone with her not too long ago." he made his way down the stairs. "What hospital is she at?"

"The one on 129th street. L.A. Memorial Regional..."

"I know which one. Aight, I'll be there in a few." he exited the house, quickly hopping in his car and heading back on the road.
____________

"UUUHHHHHHH!!!!!" Beyonce shrieked at the top of her lungs. "OHHHH GODDDDDDD!!!"

"Okay, everything's gonna be okay." Tina assured.

"Where's Justin?" she whined. "He said he'll be here. Ohhhhhh it hurts so much."

"I know, I know. Um, nurse are there any pain medications she can take? She's been in pain for a while now."

"We'll try to get some medications ready as soon as we hook up the IV."

Justin entered the hospital room, automatically focusing in on Beyonce. She laid in bed, sleeping peacefully. And Tina remained at her bed side. "Hey." he spoke up.

"Where have you been?"

"I tried getting here as fast as I could. How is she?" he gazed at the sleeping Beyonce.

"Okay, for now. They finally hooked up some medicine in her IV. Um, she's eight centimeters now." his eyes lit up.

"Really? Wow. Everything's moving fast." he took a seat on the other side of her. "She seems so calm."

"Yeah. That's what drugs do to you." he released a soft chuckle.

Hours later (7:25 p.m.)

"Let me know when you're ready to push." the nurse spoke.

"I dunno. I feel a lot of pressure."

"Well that's a sign to push. So whenever you feel that, let us know. I just checked you and you're ten centimeters dilated." Justin remained by her side, holding her hand to comfort her.

"You okay?" she nodded, inhaling and exhaling.

"Mmm I feel a lot of pressure. I feel like pushing."

"Whenever you're ready."

An hour had passed and Beyonce had finally given birth to an eight pound, eleven ounce baby boy. She laid in bed resting from the hard work she put into the process. And Justin on the other hand, held the baby while she slept.

He never thought this moment would ever come. Him being a father to a beautiful baby boy who looked JUST like him. It all felt like a dream that just would not end. "Hey." he looked up, peering at a familiar woman who stood by the door.

"What are you doing here?"

"I just...came to see the baby. I heard she went into labor from her cousin Kelly." he looked away, gazing at his son. "He's so beautiful. He looks just like you." he glimpsed at her, realizing her close presence to him.

"I really don't think you should be here. You wouldn't wanna...upset Beyonce. Especially after she just gave birth. She was a little furious with me earlier."

"I understand. I just...stopped by to see the baby. I'll um...I'll be leaving now." she locked eyes with his, smiling slyly. "I'll see you around. Oh and um, congratulations." he gazed once more at the baby, instantly regretting what she did.

"Thank you." he watched as she turned, and headed out the room. "Um, good luck to you and...your baby." he blurted out. "I hope you and Jim really hit it off." she paused, forcing a smile on her face.

"I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment." she slowly turned to face him. "You know I don't feel the same for him."

"It doesn't matter now. I moved on. And now I'm more happier than ever." those exact words brought tears to her eyes.

"I'm glad you could actually love again." she flashed him a smile. "Well, I'm gonna head out. See you around." she departed the room. He looked away, peering in on his son. The last thing he would want to think about is Britney, because the only thing that mattered was his family.

Especially his son.

He knew him and Britney would never get back together. And the funny thing about it--was that he imagined it to hurt more. Breaking up with his first love was what he dreaded his whole life. He never intended for it to happen. It just did. And now it was time for him to move on.

A whole new life
A whole new love

The End
Copyright, Published 2004-05
By Shona, All rights reserved

Completed
Black Coffee is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Confused also liked 58 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story