The next day

Beyonce sat at a round table, going over her lyrics before the concert. "Just an hour away." she mumbled, sucking on an apple blow pop. "I can't wait to..."

"Here." she looked up, watching as Adrienne sat a carton of fries in front of her. "Sorry for the delay. They were working on a new batch." she explained. "Any way...what are you doing?" she looked over the paragraphs in her notebook.

"Just trying to go over these lil'...words before the concert." she scratched her irritant scalp.

"You look beat. Didn't get much sleep, did ya'?" she lifted her head to peer in her eyes. "You were out partying with Justin last night."

"No I wasn't." she denied while rolling her eyes. "In fact, I was in my suite beautifying myself for today. The FINAL day. Which means, the last night you will spend with Trace." she teased.

"Quiet." she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Haha. Don't try to hide it. I know you like him. He likes you too, ya' know. Maybe you guys can hook up after the tour or something."

"I said quit it." she spoke through clenched teeth. "You can't be talking, because it's obvious that you and Justin have a thing for each other. You guys walk around trying to hide it, but everyone knows. It's right there...flashing us."

"Oh puhlease." she chewed on a fry. "You guys see nothing. You just WISH we were together so you can make a big deal out of it. BUT..." she released a soft sigh. "Everyone knows that we two have nothing in common. Especially for the mere fact that I'm black and he's white. Oh and that my body's too...bootylicious for him. Ahahaha." she broke out laughing.

"You are somethin', you know that? Hahaha. Bootylicious my ass." she quickly took a sip of her soda.

"Seriously..." she bit the bottom of her lip in thought. "He seems like a pretty nice guy. Better in bed then he is on stage and..."

"What?"

"Well, I'm not saying that he's not good on stage. I just prefer him in bed instead, but besides that. He's engaged to Britney and...it's just not possible." she shook her head pathetically.

"You know what? You are the stupidest woman I've ever known." she flashed her a baffled look. "You actually THINK he's gonna get married to that slut? Everybody know it's a cover up. A simple cover up of how he truly feels about you. I mean, it doesn't take a scientist to figure that out. He's head over heels for you. He's just trying to hide it by...pretending like he's gonna marry Britney."

"Hello." they quickly looked up, gazing in on a familiar guy. "Mind if I sit here?" Adrienne blushed massively.

"Sure. Have a seat." she watched as Trace took a seat in front of them. "So, are you excited about the tour finally being over?"

"Hell yeah. Never thought this day would ever come. Ahaha." she crossed her arms over her chest as she kept her eyes on him. "I thought it was gonna be a nightmare, but so far...everything turned out pretty well." he smiled sweetly.

"I couldn't agree more." Beyonce sat there, shaking her head pathetically. She didn't understand how Adrienne could pretend as if she had no feelings for Trace when it was written all over her face. Then again, she wasn't behaving any different then her. Whenever her and Justin was in the public, they would pretend as if they had no interest in one another. But things would turn out totally different behind closed doors.

"Trace, man...I've been lookin' all over the place for you." she looked up, locking eyes with the individual. That instant, she felt her heart skip a beat. He looked more handsome then ever. She noticed his new hair cut, this time cut even lower as seen in his Rock your body video. And he wore a jersey outfit, revealing his sporty side. She had to admit, he looked pretty fly for a white guy. "Um, mind if I sit here?" he asked politely.

"Oh...no I don't." he smiled, slowly taking his seat in front of her.

"Um, so about the party. You goin'?" he spoke to Trace.

"What party?"

"You know, the one after the concert. The celebration party. Tonight is our last night performing." he took a bite out of his burger. "I heard there were gonna be a lot of chicks there. You might be interested, mister single."

"Oh yeah, because you're engaged so you can't fuck around." he chuckled, instantly meeting eye contact with Beyonce. She quickly looked away to avoid eye contact with him.

"I can still have fun, right? I mean, those were the words you said to me..."

"All right, enough said. If you're going, go. You know I'm gonna be there." he looked away, gazing in on Adrienne. "You going?" she quickly nodded. "Cool. What about you, Bee?"

"Ummm..." she nibbled on her bottom lip in thought. "I don't think so. I'm just gonna...go back to my suite and finish packing. My flight leaves early the next morning, so I need to get plenty of rest." he nodded.

"Okay, cool with me. Well, as long as you're going, right?" he referred to Adrienne. She chuckled in response. For some reason, she could feel a pair of eyes burning a hole into her. And just as she suspected, Justin was eying her down.

"Um, I think I'm gonna go. I have a few things to take care of before the show." she stood to her feet. "I'll catch you guys later." they watched as she walked off.

"What's her problem?" Trace asked curiously. Adrienne shrugged her shoulders.

"I dunno." she answered clueless as can be.
___________

During the concert (Ten minutes left)

"How are you guys feelin' out there?" Justin spoke over the microphone. The crowd once again exploded. "Hmm, sounds fair. Well...we're about ten minutes away from ending this amazing tour. But before we say goodbye, I just wanna thank you all for making this concert and tour the best so far. You guys were really amazing and I just had to let you know. Um, ahem." he cleared his throat. "I wanna ask a special person to join me on stage before we depart. She also made this concert more interesting and...I just wanna give her my gratitude."

Beyonce sat on the sofa backstage watching television with Adrienne and Trace when she heard someone call her. "What the..." she heard her name once again. "Shit." she quickly stood up and peered out on stage where Justin remained. He motioned her to come on stage. "Wh..."

"Mind coming on stage for a second?" she hesitantly walked out on stage, hearing the crowd explode.

"What's going on?" she whispered.

"I just wanna thank you for making this concert better than I ever expected it to be. I enjoyed your company and I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again."

"Um..." she was lost with words. "I uh, I feel the same way." he smiled massively. "Maybe some other time." he nodded.

"You bet."

Later on (10:59 p.m.)

"Damn, I wish I could've went to that party. I heard Paris was gonna be there. AND her sister." Trace sat on the sofa in the tour bus talking with Justin. "Damn!"

"Relax, man. Stop acting as if it was the last party in the world. There will be plenty to come." he chewed on his bubble gum while keeping his eyes on the television screen in front of them. "Any way, I think I'm gonna hit the sack. There's nothing on TV." he stood up, and headed towards the back of the bus. "See ya' later." he entered the bunk area, instantly gazing in on Adrienne and Beyonce who sat on a bunk chatting with one another.

"And being me, I haven't had it in...god knows how long. So it..." Adrienne looked up, gazing in on him. "...felt really good to..."

"Shhh." she hushed. Beyonce looked away, realizing what she was referring to. That instant, she felt completely embarrassed.

"Shit." she mumbled.

"I apologize if I interrupted anything."

"Uh no. Actually, I was just about to leave. I'm gonna go see what Trace is up to." she exited the room, leaving the two of them to themselves. He pulled the blanket back on his bunk, and took a seat. She laid there, watching as he removed his socks, getting more comfortable in bed.

"What you did on stage was...really kind of you." she broke the silence between them. He looked up, peering in her eyes. "I had no idea you actually felt that way."

"Hmm." he kept his eyes on her as thoughts ran through his head. "Well, there are a lot of things that you don't know about me. I CAN actually be sincere...when I wanna be." she chuckled softly.

"I see that." she scrutinized him closely. "I like your hair like that. It makes you look more...older. More...masculine." a smirk slowly formed across his lips.

"Are you flirting with me?" she blushed slyly. "Because if you are, I hope you don't mind if I return the favor." he teased.

"Now why would I be flirting with you? After all, you're a married man. Oops! I meant to say engaged." she rubbed in. "My apology." his smile slowly faded. "I really do hope things will work out between you and her. She seems to be...more of your type any way."

"What do you mean "my type"? Whether you believe it or not, you out beat her to me." her eyebrows raised surprisingly.

"Really? And is that in looks or in bed?" he held his head down, rubbing through his hair in frustration.

"I can't believe you think of me that way. You actually THINK I'm that shallow? I mean, come on! Look at you." he pointed. "You're not miss teen USA!" he spat out.

"Yeah, well I didn't ask for your opinion." she rolled her eyes. "Besides, I could care less what you think of me any way. You're no BRAD PITT!" he nodded timidly, deep down feeling completely offended by her comment. But what could he expect? She was the type you called "FEISTY." One reason why he liked her.

"Aiight, well...I guess I'm gonna go to bed." he rolled on his side, facing his back to her. She sat there lowering her eyes at him. She knew exactly what he was trying to do and for some reason, it was working very well.

"Listen, I didn't mean what I said. I..."

"No..." he rolled over on his back. "You're absolutely right. I'm no Brad Pitt and I will never be. Basically, because I'm my OWN person and...because I was told by a woman who SLEPT with Mister Pitt that I was better than HIM...IN BED!" he spoke matter-of-factly. A soft chuckle escaped his lips.

"Okay, and who was this woman?"

"That's none of your business." she nodded understandingly.

"All right. Fair is fair." he gawked her direction, finally meeting eye contact with her. "I wish I could be the judge on that, but...I never tried out Mister Pitt."

"Well I KNOW I'm better in bed. And I don't need your approval." she smirked at him. "Any way...I'm going to bed. See you in the morning." he rolled back over on his side, facing his back to her.

"Hmmm." she laid back, gazing up at the bottom of the top bunk. "Tomorrow and I'm back home. Back homeeeeee. Mmmmm." she moaned softly, slowly shutting her eyes. Before she knew it, she had fallen asleep and was awoken by voices.

"Britney, no. Just do as we planned. Meet me at the airport around ten." she fluttered her eyes open, slowly gazing in on a body roaming the room. "Yeah. We're back. I'm gonna have a limo take me there. So..."

"Mmmm." she sat up, rubbing her tired eyes.

"Mmm hmm. Okay, yeah. Great! Aiight see you then. Bye." he turned his cell off, instantly gazing in on her. She sat there staring into space. "Hello, sleepy head." she shook her head out of the trance, automatically focusing in on him. "We're here." he mentioned.

"Shit." she stepped out of bed, quickly rushing towards the bathroom. "Ooh ooh. I gotta pee." she sat on the stool, releasing her fluids. "Mmm what a relief." After brushing her teeth and washing her face, she exited the bathroom and begin searching for a wardrobe. "What am I gonna wear?"
_____________

Fifteen minutes later (8:34 a.m.)

Beyonce stepped off the bus with her luggage in her hands. She looked around, gazing in on two limousines parked out on the parking lot. One must've been hers. It had to be. "All right." she made way towards one limo. Before she could reach for the door, someone had stepped out.

"Wrong limo. Haha." Trace spoke with a smile.

"Oh...my bad. Haha, see ya' later." she turned, heading towards the next one. She pulled the door open and peered in to see Adrienne laying down with her eyes closed. "Hey. Why didn't you wake me?" she fluttered her eyes open, gazing at her. "I am SO thrilled that it's actually over." she felt a hand tap her on the shoulder. "Huh?" she quickly twirled around, facing the individual.

"Hey, um...can we talk? In private." she sized him up a bit before making her decision.

"Um, yeah." she followed him to a more secluded area. "What's up?" he turned to face her.

"I um, I was wondering if you were interested in...going to breakfast with me. BEFORE I head back to the airport." she crossed her arms over her chest. "It'll give us more time to be alone while we...straighten out a few things."

"Like what?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Well..." he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "You know, about US. You and I." he bit the bottom of his lip interestingly. "Don't you wanna try and work things out?" he asked, reaching out to touch her face. She closed her eyes, enjoying the touch of his hand brushing up against her cheek. "I really wanna be with you." she fluttered her eyes open, peering in his. "Really."

"I...I wanna be with you too." she spoke softly.

"So, you'll come with me?" she looked away, debating on whether to go or not.

"I uh...I can't." she locked eyes with his. "Not until you get rid of her." he licked his lips, analyzing her carefully. "I'm sorry, but...that's just the way it's gonna be until she's finally out of the picture." he nodded perceptively.

"I understand. Ummm, so you'll call me, right? My cell is always on. I wouldn't mind hearing from you." she smiled slyly.

"Yeah. Sure, why not?" he eyed her captivatingly. "You have a pen?"

"Uhhh..." he dug through his pockets, searching for one. "I should." he checked his back pockets, finally finding one. "Here." he handed her the pen.

"Here's my number." she grasped his hand, writing her digits down on the palm of his hand. "Call me whenever you're free, but just like I said...if you wanna get with me...you'll have to dump miss Barbie doll first." he broke out laughing.

"Barbie doll? Ahaha. Okay, I get ya'." she giggled giddily. His smile slowly faded as he realized how beautiful she was to him.

"I um, I wouldn't be asking for too much if I asked for a kiss?" she cleared her throat. "I dunno when I'll see you again, so..."

"Why do you have to be so slick? Come here." he moved in closer to her. She wrapped her arms around his neck, slowly meeting lips with his. He started off slow and tender, exploring every inch of her full lips. "Mmm" she moaned softly.

"You see what you do to me." he gripped her hips, pulling her closer. "I'm gonna miss you." he pulled away to gaze in her eyes. She bit the bottom of her lip teasingly.

"I gotta go." she pulled away from him, taking a few steps back. "See ya' later." she turned, heading back to her awaiting limo.

"Call me!" she waved in response. He watched as she sat in the overstretched limo and closed the door.

"What the hell was that all about?" she locked eyes with Adrienne. "I wanna know what you're keeping from me. And I wanna know NOW!" she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Adrienne, please..."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story